Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852617 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 7:29pm On Dec 18, 2022
Adabakee:
Goodevening my people I have been following and reading alot . please I have a question and would appreciate some replies.i am planning to relocate with my family to Uk next year by God's grace,I am already gathering all my documents for post graduate application ,all is ready am only waiting for my transcript then I would start applications.
Now because of money involved me and my husband are planing to go first and then apply for the kids later after we must have settled there,but someone adviced us to do the whole application together get the kids visa and leave them behind so wen we are ready to take them we only look for flight money for them,but we are skaptical because we feel adding them to the process will cost us much more than. We budgeted, please I will like to know the cost difference like what and what we will need to pay extra if we decide to add the kids along while processing our own visa.
Secondly my husband is based in one of this African countries,he doesn't have papers meaning ones he leaves that country to come home he cant get back in there again,and he is working there and taking care of us and Savin up for our jakpa plans,he is worried that what if he leaves thatplace and come back during our visa process and we ended up not getting Visa approval ..God forbid I know we will get, we are aonly thinking both ways.so he said he will be stuck in Nigeria since he can't go back cos of no papers.In this case my people please what do u advise us .
Thank you in advance

U mean ur husband is over staying in another country?? Haaaa....make i no talk too much on that......Anyway..na African country....

Maybe U should do the student visa....let ur husband still stay in his hustle mode in the African country...
..when u get the visa...ur husband can now go home and apply as dependent with the kids to join you.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 8:07pm On Dec 18, 2022
Apply for yourself and Children first. Ensure you mention your husband in your application, so it becomes easy for him when he wants to apply.

It'll make no sense to whoever is adjudicating your visa application to see that you and your husband are traveling to the UK, leaving the children behind. What excuse would you give - really?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by elengine: 9:51pm On Dec 18, 2022
Any update on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Grace1212: 6:31am On Dec 19, 2022
Goodmorning @dagdag. Please how were you able to sort this. I am in the same position now and would really appreciate your advice. Thanks

dagdag:
@justwise, giselle237 and others

Advise on supporting documents for Global Talent visa application

I have 5 dependants but intend to travel alone. On the visa application website, only the following were mentioned as required documents
- Int’l Passport
- Endorsement Letter
-TB Certificate

However, upon completing my application and paying IHS and visa fees, a checklist was of required documents for my visa appointment was generated but none of the documents above were mentioned (although there are blank space for me to list additional documents I wish to provide).
The documents listed on the check list are:

1. Information about your visit
Documents showing any plans you have made, such as: tour details / flight details / letter of invitation / evidence of sponsor's immigration status in the UK

2. Home address
Documents showing where you live, such as:
Property deed / mortgage statements / tenancy agreements / accountant's letters / land registration documents

3. Money (either income or savings) Documents such as:
Bank statements / bank books / bank letter / balance certificate / tax returns / crop receipts

4. Evidence of assets
Documents showing that you own property or land, such as:
Property deed / mortgage statements / accountant's letters / land registration documents

5. Additional Information
Evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel.

Keeping in mind that it is a global talent visa application where I already have endorsement, are these documents listed on the checklist compulsory for me or should I just stick to the three mentioned during my application?

Moreover, what type of documents do I need to for items 1 to 5 in the checklist?

I have my appointment booked for 13th September
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kodia007:
Good day the wisee
We want to know if difference in age since 15 years when received first UK visa can affect . Because there deference in age in the new passport.

I’m confused.. how do you mean by difference in age??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2022
Akhat:
Please house this is urgently!
Is there a deadline to pickup of passport at tls after collection mail. I got my brp and collection mail last week, but I am presently not in Lagos to collect it.

No, there is not. But if there happens to be any, then it wouldn’t be few days or few weeks after collection mail. In all, It depends on you and your intended date of travel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 1:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
Adabakee:
Goodevening my people I have been following and reading alot . please I have a question and would appreciate some replies.i am planning to relocate with my family to Uk next year by God's grace,I am already gathering all my documents for post graduate application ,all is ready am only waiting for my transcript then I would start applications.
Now because of money involved me and my husband are planing to go first and then apply for the kids later after we must have settled there,but someone adviced us to do the whole application together get the kids visa and leave them behind so wen we are ready to take them we only look for flight money for them,but we are skaptical because we feel adding them to the process will cost us much more than. We budgeted, please I will like to know the cost difference like what and what we will need to pay extra if we decide to add the kids along while processing our own visa.
Secondly my husband is based in one of this African countries,he doesn't have papers meaning ones he leaves that country to come home he cant get back in there again,and he is working there and taking care of us and Savin up for our jakpa plans,he is worried that what if he leaves thatplace and come back during our visa process and we ended up not getting Visa approval ..God forbid I know we will get, we are aonly thinking both ways.so he said he will be stuck in Nigeria since he can't go back cos of no papers.In this case my people please what do u advise us .
Thank you in advance

First of all, how many children do you have? Because left with me, I will go with the advise of securing their visas first and letting them travel much later.

Secondly, if your husband will be handling sponsorship for the graduate program, then he has to be financially capable o. It cost a whole lot traveling for graduate program together with having dependents.

The only place I have an issue is the clause of your husband being the sponsor and also a dependent at the same time… quite risky if you ask me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2022
advanceDNA:

U mean ur husband is over staying in another country?? Haaaa....make i no talk too much on that......Anyway..na African country....

Maybe U should do the student visa....let ur husband still stay in his hustle mode in the African country...
..when u get the visa...ur husband can now go home and apply as dependent with the kids to join you.

Exactly my thoughts, because the husband joining as a dependent whilst being a sponsor is very very risky and might amount to a denial.. if it was the husband going for the graduate program, it would have been different, or if even she was going under a scholarship scheme.. These people think very differently. Just one loophole and it is considered a red flag and an easy ground for refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
Africankel:
Apply for yourself and Children first. Ensure you mention your husband in your application, so it becomes easy for him when he wants to apply.

It'll make no sense to whoever is adjudicating your visa application to see that you and your husband are traveling to the UK, leaving the children behind. What excuse would you give - really?

You said everything.. now this is it. Simple logical reasoning. So with this, atleast she has an idea of what is to come
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tomiwiyu: 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
Biometric : 06 Dec
Standard….
Skilled work visa

Anyone with same date that as gotten Collection mail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by luvhenry(m): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
Dear house,

Please I am trying to apply for a visit visa and I will like to confirm how much proof of fund is good enough to show. In addition, since they are adamant on bank statements, will I be denied if I have no balance on my account that shows my monthly salary inflow, but then I will provide an investment letter from my finance house.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
luvhenry:
Dear house,Please I am trying to apply for a visit visa and I will like to confirm how much proof of fund is good enough to show. In addition, since they are adamant on bank statements, will I be denied if I have no balance on my account that shows my monthly salary inflow, but then I will provide an investment letter from my finance house.
u work but unable to show salary credits… how is that possible?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2022
giselle237:
u work but unable to show salary credits… how is that possible?

Maybe its cash in hand job/work!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jeslom: 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2022
Hi guys I need an advice . Currently I earn 269,000 monthly in my salary account.

And I spend 140k monthly

I have put that I am willing to spend 6000 pounds on my visit to Uk

I have a mutual fund account of 32 million Naira though .

Question would this fly in my application ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
jeslom:
Hi guys I need an advice . Currently I earn 269,000 monthly in my salary account.

And I spend 140k monthly

I have put that I am willing to spend 6000 pounds on my visit to Uk

I have a mutual fund account of 32 million Naira though .

Question would this fly in my application ?

The decision lies on the ECO!
You want to spend 6,000 GBP. I hope your account balance is *3 of what you intend to spend, and how many weeks is your visitation?
Do you have property, and cars document to attach? What significant home ties do you have? Is your employer company active on the CAC registry? How many lump sum deposits were paid into the account you wish to present as a financial statement aside from your salary declared in the last 6 months?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jeslom: 5:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
infosoftlife:

The decision lies on the ECO!
You want to spend 6,000 GBP. I hope your account balance is *3 of what you intend to spend, and how many weeks is your visitation?
Do you have property, and cars document to attach? What significant home ties do you have? Is your employer company active on the CAC registry? How many lump sum deposits were paid into the account you wish to present as a financial statement aside from your salary declared in the last 6 months?

No properties, and cars just a federal job .
Just 1 week visitation
I intend submitting my salary account which is just strictly for salary and not a good money in it. but in the savings there are lump amounts which I intend to explain in introduction letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
jeslom:

Just 1 week visitation
I intend submitting my salary account which is just strictly for salary and not a good money in it. but in the savings there are lump amounts which I intend to explain in introduction letter

Then you are good to go.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lantrenzo: 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
Please, is there a way I can pay for DHL to deliver my passport after a decision is made on my application? Is it possible?

That's I didn't pay for that service initially. I can't travel to the VAC.

Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
Unfortunately not. If payment wasn't made previously, it can't be done retroactively.

You need to arrange and pick up your passport

Editing to add: Another comment indicated this was possible.

lantrenzo:
Please, is there a way I can pay for DHL to deliver my passport after a decision is made on my application? Is it possible?

That's I didn't pay for that service initially. I can't travel to the VAC.

Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:33pm On Dec 19, 2022
lantrenzo:

That's I didn't pay for that service initially. I can't travel to the VAC. .
yes search this thread and the student thread.. people have done it.. you will need to search it out.. the means to contact TLS.. and they’ll give you the details + acct no to pay into

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:34pm On Dec 19, 2022
jeslom:
Hi guys I need an advice . Currently I earn 269,000 monthly in my salary account.And I spend 140k monthly .
I have put that I am willing to spend 6000 pounds on my visit to Uk.
I have a mutual fund account of 32 million Naira though . Question would this fly in my application ?
very weird and no this won’t fly. So your disposable income is 129k but you have 6k pounds for holiday.. very wrong way to go there..
as per the mutual funds, hope you have documentary evidence to show how all the money was made and how it got accrued and got saved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:38pm On Dec 19, 2022
jeslom:
Just 1 week visitation
you can’t explain anything away, you need proofs.. they are not stupid and will not rely on how someone with disposable income of less than 200 pounds has lump sums amounting to more than 6000 pounds. This is money lodgement and very excellent grounds for refusal

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lantrenzo: 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
Please does any know how to add express courier delivery to UK Visa application on TSL after a decision is made?

I have searched here for information but I haven't found it.

Please help.

giselle237:
yes search this thread and the student thread.. people have done it.. you will need to search it out.. the means to contact TLS.. and they’ll give you the details + acct no to pay into

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by angieoluwa: 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
Grace1212:
Goodmorning @dagdag. Please how were you able to sort this. I am in the same position now and would really appreciate your advice. Thanks

Hello, I tried telling someone about this path, but the person got stuck.

Is retrieving an endorsement letter straightforward and easy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Drey1: 9:22pm On Dec 19, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Nope

Ashirioluwa u ar ryt bt some airlines ar demanding for yellow fever card....
like EGYPTAIR i was to get a yellow fever card before boarding so advise he/she get a card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jeslom: 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2022
giselle237:
very weird and no this won’t fly. So your disposable income is 129k but you have 6k pounds for holiday.. very wrong way to go there..
as per the mutual funds, hope you have documentary evidence to show how all the money was made and how it got accrued and got saved.
But using conversion rate 6000 pounds is just 3.200,000.
That is it will cover the flight and my stay for a week .

As for the money lodgement . I agree to that . But if
I can explain well . Like gifts and ROI . Scared also about using this . Cause I don’t have properties
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:27pm On Dec 19, 2022
Several times I have advised travelers not to pay attention to government news on aviation especially if it is coming from Nigeria. The level of response is not corresponding.

Get your vaccine cards
Covid and Yellow cards.
Get all requisite documents because it is not the same story when you board that plane arriving or at the counter.

My piece of advise again, before someone will say you do not need this or that.
Get your all your documents o.

Goodevening Everyone.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
House, Few days left till the holidays.

Compliment of the season.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2022
Jocabasa:

Ashirioluwa u ar ryt bt some airlines ar demanding for yellow fever card....
like EGYPTAIR i was to get a yellow fever card before boarding so advise he/she get a card

Maybe because you will stopover in Cairo. Yellow fever vaccination is not required to enter the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
hunee:
Several times I have advised travelers not to pay attention to government news on aviation especially if it is coming from Nigeria. The level of response is not corresponding.

Get your vaccine cards
Covid and Yellow cards.
Get all requisite documents because it is not the same story when you board that plane arriving or at the counter.

My piece of advise again, before someone will say you do not need this or that.
Get your all your documents o.

Goodevening Everyone.

Good advice. I travel with my COVID-19 vaccination card anytime I travel out of the country, but I never traveled with a yellow fever card before because it is not required. Also, I do check the NHS or Travel Health Pro website for more information concerning entry requirements to the UK.

A yellow fever certificate is not necessary to enter the UK, according to the NHS website.

I don’t know if some airlines will require it because you will stopover in their country, but I am pretty sure BA, Atlantic Airlines, LH, AF, and KLM don’t need it.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Good advice. I travel with my COVID-19 vaccination card anytime I travel out of the country, but I never traveled with a yellow fever card before because it is not required. Also, I do check the NHS or Travel Health Pro website for more information concerning entry requirements to the UK.

A yellow fever certificate is not necessary to enter the UK, according to the NHS website.

I don’t know if some airlines will require it because you will stopover in their country, but I am pretty sure BA, Atlantic Airlines, LH, AF, and KLM don’t need it.

Ashiri, code man.

We are saying same my oga.

Make everybody carry their document dey waka , wahala too much for counter/airport, i know wetin i dey talk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.