Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852589 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by detiosa(m): 2:37am On May 06, 2023
infosoftlife:

Are you a student?
You have a stronger tie to the UK (Mom).
So, how can you convince the ECO that you are not an immigrant and you wouldn't misuse this visa if granted?
Yes I hope to start as an undergrad there but how do I convince the ECO that I’m not just an immigrant? That seems like a very tricky question but you can surely help out sir….

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Moreoffaith(m): 8:49am On May 06, 2023
Good days house, I need an explanation on something and I know experience people are here to guide me through, I applied for a visit visa through an agent 10 years ago, but I was refused, the refusal letter attached to my passport was taken by the agent, now I don't know the reason for refusal, if I am applying to any of the 5 eyes country now, I have to state the reason for my refusal in UK years back..

There is no traces of the agent presently

Is there any way I can get this online
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 9:11am On May 06, 2023
Moreoffaith:
Good days house, I need an explanation on something and I know experience people are here to guide me through, I applied for a visit visa through an agent 10 years ago, but I was refused, the refusal letter attached to my passport was taken by the agent, now I don't know the reason for refusal, if I am applying to any of the 5 eyes country now, I have to state the reason for my refusal in UK years back..

There is no traces of the agent presently

Is there any way I can get this online

Try
ukviinternational@ukvisupport-tpuk.zendesk.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aekmanweb(m): 1:03pm On May 06, 2023
Good day gurus in the house, I need clarification on this issue. If someone is applying for visitor's Visa for vacation purpose as a company owner, is it compulsory to also include Tax Clearance as part of supporting documents ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 9:25pm On May 06, 2023
yemmywesey:

Which airline is transit visa free
Egypt air
Air maroc
Kenya airways
Qatar
Turkish airlines

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ezegold4we: 9:50pm On May 06, 2023
Pls house,

Which UK network or line will i use to be calling Nigeria lines under unlimited package??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by XYZJAZZY: 10:37pm On May 06, 2023
Ycombe:
UK VISA ALERT!! Single mother (26) with a child (5)

Category: Visit
Biometrics: 18th April 2023
Collection email: 2nd May 2023
Picked up : 5th May 2023

Visas granted for I and my child. God be praised!!

Congratulations 👏 on this!

Please what documents did you submit and where you invited if no what was the amount on account statement used?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 10:41pm On May 06, 2023
[quote author=ezegold4we post=122975595]Pls house,

Which UK network or line will i use to be calling Nigeria lines under unlimited package??[/[b][/b]quote]

Ur naija sim!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ycombe: 10:55pm On May 06, 2023
Thank you XYZJAZZY!

I was invited by my Aunt, British citizen, but submitted statements of around N1.2m and $2,500 closing balances respectively.

Documents submitted:
1) Introduction letter from company, employment letter, payslips, work ID
2) Sole Custody order by court
3) Letter of Invitation and proof of citizenship from aunt
4) Birth certificate (for child)
5) Proof of school fees payment by me (for child)
6) Pictures of me and my child
7) Her completed vaccination card
8. Previous visas held (for me)

It was child’s first application but I think it also helped that:
- I have travelled to the UK a couple of times in the past (from secondary school holidays till post NYSC holidays).
- I work for a top oil and gas company so had healthy cashflows in bank statements. This also proved stronger ties to home for me as I am quite comfortable in Nigeria as is.

Above all, it was God all the way and I am indeed very grateful to him 🙏

XYZJAZZY:

Congratulations 👏 on this!

Please what documents did you submit and where you invited if no what was the amount on account statement used?

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 4:41am On May 07, 2023
detiosa:

Yes I hope to start as an undergrad there but how do I convince the ECO that I’m not just an immigrant? That seems like a very tricky question, but you can surely help out sir….

Apply through the school route. However, with your profile now, it will be difficult for you to convince the ECO to grant you a visitor visa.

I would advise you don't waste the fund and avoid getting a refusal to your profile. The student route is your best option.

Shalom!!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:22am On May 07, 2023
infosoftlife:
Apply through the school route. However, with your profile now, it will be difficult for you to convince the ECO to grant you a visitor visa.
I would advise you don't waste the fund and avoid getting a refusal to your profile. The student route is your best option.
the poster is not applying for visitor visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:24am On May 07, 2023
detiosa:

Yes I hope to start as an undergrad there but how do I convince the ECO that I’m not just an immigrant? That seems like a very tricky question but you can surely help out sir….
read up
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child
Then ask your mom to get professional advice as you are applying from outside the UK and have now turned 18.. prove to them you are not living an independent life

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 6:34am On May 07, 2023
Which airline pls?

Wales1111:
yes very true...I managed to get for 650k though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kollygean: 7:33am On May 07, 2023
VISA ALERT!!!
Details later
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ENGRPETER101: 8:12am On May 07, 2023
Hello good morning everyone please i need full list of document needed for uk tourist visa has am employee thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shadybeauty: 11:44am On May 07, 2023
Download rebtel from playstore
ezegold4we:
Pls house,

Which UK network or line will i use to be calling Nigeria lines under unlimited package??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 07, 2023
ezegold4we:
Pls house,

I would say lebara as the rest work out as really expensive especially if you ring Nigeria all of the time.
You could also use your Nigeria sim for WhatsApp and to send urgent text messages.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by XYZJAZZY: 1:22pm On May 07, 2023
Nice, one once again congrats

Ycombe:
Thank you XYZJAZZY!

I was invited by my Aunt, British citizen, but submitted statements of around N1.2m and $2,500 closing balances respectively.

Documents submitted:
1) Introduction letter from company, employment letter, payslips, work ID
2) Sole Custody order by court
3) Letter of Invitation and proof of citizenship from aunt
4) Birth certificate (for child)
5) Proof of school fees payment by me (for child)
6) Pictures of me and my child
7) Her completed vaccination card
8. Previous visas held (for me)

It was child’s first application but I think it also helped that:
- I have travelled to the UK a couple of times in the past (from secondary school holidays till post NYSC holidays).
- I work for a top oil and gas company so had healthy cashflows in bank statements. This also proved stronger ties to home for me as I am quite comfortable in Nigeria as is.

Above all, it was God all the way and I am indeed very grateful to him 🙏

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MuyiDav: 2:21pm On May 07, 2023
Hello gurus, please I need your help.
I registered for TLS self service, but I ommitted a document while uploading my documents, and TLS site has been rejecting payment to upgrade to assisted service. Is there option to upgrade onsite on the day of the appointment?

**Thanks everyone that assisted by answering. I paid on-site. Now we wait for favour
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femaleoutfit: 5:00pm On May 07, 2023
On your day of submission, pay for assisted service and they will help u attach the document to the other documents u submitted online. N12,300
MuyiDav:
I registered for TLS self service, but I ommitted a document while uploading my documents, and TLS site has been rejecting payment to upgrade to assisted service. Is there option to upgrade onsite on the day of the appointment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 5:00pm On May 07, 2023
ENGRPETER101:
please guru in the house i need a sample of cover letter of uk standard visiting visa for employer thanks

Go back to page 32 of this thread or search @sokotogudali edit his cover letter to your taste ✌️✌️

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 5:28pm On May 07, 2023
MuyiDav:

You can pay for assisted on-site when you get to your center. It isn’t an issue:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shadybeauty: 9:33pm On May 07, 2023
Your salary is okay.
Your employment letter
Letter of Introduction from employer
Annual or casual leave letter
Payslip
pension statement etc
Explain your lump sum
emmanuelle27:
Hello friends good job y'all doing here, pls is 2 million naira in savings and 1.8k USD in DOM account enough POF to apply for UK tourist visa? I'm employed with 210k monthly salary and small side hustle that funds my day to day expenses in another account with up to 18 million inflow and outflow within the last 6 months (lump sums of about 1m at different intervals due to business payments) so I barely touch my monthly salary in my savings account, I'm a single 29 yrs old and no properties yet and no travel history so my only ties to Nigeria is my job and family relations, are these ties sufficient to get me a tourist visa approval?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 12:39pm On May 08, 2023
Visa Alert

I made two visit Applications in 2018/2019, but both were refused. I gave it a break, tried again in 2022, and it was refused again.

A UK solicitor prepared the 2022 application. I submitted about 589 pages of documents, and the ECO didn’t check my documents at all because it was a lot, and the refusal could have been avoided.

We decided to challenge the refusal.

Submitted the Visit Application in June 2022- Refusal in September 2022. Refused under 4.2 (a) (c) and (e).

1st PAP sent October 2022, Home Office agreed to reconsider the application, and they’d reach out within three months. The application was re-refused in January 2023. ECO agreed I had funds, so the refusal under Paragraph (e) was rescinded but refused on other grounds that weren’t credible.

2nd Pap sent in February 2023, Solicitor argued the ECO could not continue shifting the goal post, that since I met the requirements under Paragraph(e), it made no sense to refuse under (a/c) when my travel history is considered. The Home Office agreed to reconsider the application.

Last Tuesday, I got an email to re-submit my passport that the refusal was overturned. I submitted it on Wednesday.

I got a pickup email on Friday.

I picked up my passport today with a six months visa.

It took nine months to get them to overturn the decision, and it cost £2700.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femaleoutfit: 1:12pm On May 08, 2023
Wow!! 9 Months and £2700. Congratulations
Opeyemi007:
Visa Alert

I made two visit Applications in 2018/2019, but both were refused. I gave it a break, tried again in 2022, and it was refused again.

A UK solicitor prepared the 2022 application. I submitted about 589 pages of documents, and the ECO didn’t check my documents at all because it was a lot, and the refusal could have been avoided.

We decided to challenge the refusal.

Submitted the Visit Application in June 2022- Refusal in September 2022. Refused under 4.2 (a) (c) and (e).

1st PAP sent October 2022, Home Office agreed to reconsider the application, and they’d reach out within three months. The application was re-refused in January 2023. ECO agreed I had funds, so the refusal under Paragraph (e) was rescinded but refused on other grounds that weren’t credible.

2nd Pap sent in February 2023, Solicitor argued the ECO could not continue shifting the goal post, that since I met the requirements under Paragraph(e), it made no sense to refuse under (a/c) when my travel history is considered. The Home Office agreed to reconsider the application.

Last Tuesday, I got an email to re-submit my passport that the refusal was overturned. I submitted it on Wednesday.

I got a pickup email on Friday.

I picked up my passport today with a six months visa.

It took nine months to get them to overturn the decision, and it cost £2700.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by detiosa(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2023
giselle237:
read up
Then ask your mom to get professional advice as you are applying from outside the UK and have now turned 18.. prove to them you are not living an independent life
Thanks so much, I appreciate…
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by detiosa(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2023
giselle237:
read up
Any advice on how I can prove I’m living an independent life?? Thanks🙏
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by julzz(f): 3:35pm On May 08, 2023
Hi guys, All the self service appointments available I’m seeing I’ve to upgrade and I’m not seeing the cost, will more appointment date open up later?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bmuhd4smile: 4:26pm On May 08, 2023
Hi guys, I checked TLs now to track my UK tourist visa application, I realized it's transfered and Received by VAC. But I have not gotten any email from UKVI nor TLs yet. Is there any interpretation to this please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 4:45pm On May 08, 2023
Bmuhd4smile:
Hi guys, I checked TLs now to track my UK tourist visa application, I realized it's transfered and Received by VAC. But I have not gotten any email from UKVI nor TLs yet. Is there any interpretation to this please

Tls contact will mail you later today or tomorrow for pickup ✌️✌️

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: maziemeka2024, mikeayus(m), donteebalo(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.