Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (835014 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ElderChuks(m): 2:32pm On Feb 20
Pls can the gurus attend to this guidance request please.
quote author=ElderChuks post=128507997]Good evening Gurus in the house,
Please some guidance is needed . A friend wants to apply for a visitor visa to the UK for herself and her 2children who are both under 10years. What will she need as per documentation. Will the children apply separately from the mum. It is a visit and there are no plans to Japa. Her husband might not be travelling but will give consent
Kindly assist in what and what she needs to do.
Thanks [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 2:40pm On Feb 20
ElderChuks:
Pls can the gurus attend to this guidance request please.
quote author=ElderChuks post=128507997]Good evening Gurus in the house,
Please some guidance is needed . A friend wants to apply for a visitor visa to the UK for herself and her 2children who are both under 10years. What will she need as per documentation. Will the children apply separately from the mum. It is a visit and there are no plans to Japa. Her husband might not be travelling but will give consent
Kindly assist in what and what she needs to do.
Thanks

The children will do separate applications but with the guardians who is the mum. But hope they have the funds? Because UKVI no dey smile ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:46pm On Feb 20
IkpemhiTG:
PLEASE ANY NEED RENEWING MY DRIVERS LICENCE BEFORE MOVING TO THE UK?

HAVING IT WITH ME OVER THERE WHAT'S THE USE. IS IT RECOGNIZED AS A PROOF OF MY DRIVING SKILL OR I MUST STILL PASS THROUGH UK DRIVING SCHOOL?
with your Nigerian drivers licence you can drive for 1 year from the time you enter the UK. You do not need any international drivers licence, the Nigerian usual one is just fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:31am On Feb 21
lionlee216:
A Friend wants to apply to UK for visit for 7 days and here is his profile and he is sef employed with a balance of $6,500 in dorm account and 2m as an available balance

Earns 15m annually which is 1.250m monthly but spends 150k monthly as maintenance leaving him with a balance of 1.1m monthly(584.659GBP)

He plans on staying at hotel for 7 days which is 460GBP, flight through Egyptair which costs 720GBP making a total of 1,180GBP excluding food and activities.

1. He is planning on spending 3m(1,594.52 GBP) but I have read on this page about disposable income which is not advisable to spend over 2.5x of monthly income, In his case, Can he spend up to 2.8x - 3x of his monthly income? Yes, that can work

2. If i acted as a co-sponsor for him saying, I would be responsible for his hotel accommodation, will that be a red flag? Big Red Flag

he has travel history within the last 5 years to Dubai 2x, South Africa, Ghana and Lebanon. They don't reckon with these Countries really. But he should still state his travel history for the records.

what are his chances? He can try. Self employed applicants are under more scrutiny so he should ensure he fills the form carefully. No lies, no "account padding".

Kindly Advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadameW: 9:08am On Feb 21
MadameW:
Hello everyone, can i use money in a savings app (optimus) as proof of fund for a visit visa? or should i just transfer the money to my regular bank account and explain the transfer in my cover letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ifyobidiaso: 11:33am On Feb 21
Good Afternoon,

I need help or suggestions.

I am trying to make an application for my mother to come and visit me in Birmingham Uk.She is a level 16 officer working with lagos state government for over 25 years.She is been paid 280,000N and she has a second job with an online store where she responds to orders and she is been payed 100,000N monthly she has a closing balance of about 2,290,000.She has been to Egypt and has a Canada/American denial.

I just finshed my university and recently had my brp changed in January to skull worker Visa and I recently got a job with the Uk civil service in the department for transport.Prior to that I worked in my Uni and started doing support work in September.I have about 2500 pounds in savings.

Please I need detailed help on how to put an application for my mum she wants to come visiting in March for graduation I have gotten a letter for her as well if not she doesnt mind visiting during the Easter Holiday.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Soraco57(m): 1:05pm On Feb 21
Please I need help on this

Good morning, please I have have used my 6 months visa and have 2 years current valid UK visa and also a resident in an EU country, I have a fiancé in the UK on skilled visa who has travelled to UK since last April now I want to join her, how can I go to UK to join her as dependent, we are not married yet and am single , we have seen many times when I visited UK , can I get married to her in the UK or can I get married to her in Lithuania, or which way is the best as I don’t want to go Nigeria to get married for now to save costs, all information is welcomed, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AlphaLady(f): 2:33pm On Feb 21
Good afternoon everyone,

My sister who is a student in Nigeria wants to go visit my sister who is working in the uk. Basically, my sister is standing as her sponsor. Does my sister(the student) need to show POF as well given that it’s a sponsored trip??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kayz05(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21
Hi AlphaLady,

Your question is not a complicated one. Your Sister (UK) will surely need to provide anything that will indicate she's taking responsibility of your sister (Nigeria). In such case, POF will be needed, her employment letter to verify her source of funds and other the Nigerian Sister must also show ties with Naija (Something to show she will be coming back after her visit).

AlphaLady:
Good afternoon everyone,

My sister who is a student in Nigeria wants to go visit my sister who is working in the uk. Basically, my sister is standing as her sponsor. Does my sister(the student) need to show POF as well given that it’s a sponsored trip??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tinutunde(f): 4:24pm On Feb 21
Thanks to everyone for the guidelines,I followed through with your recommendations and I just got a positive feedback about my mum’s visit visa.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olayinkayyyyy: 4:25pm On Feb 21
tinutunde:
Thanks to everyone for the guidelines,I followed through with your recommendations and I just got a positive feedback about my mum’s visit visa.
Oh, this is such great news. Thank you for your
patronage. I’m glad it all came out positive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by godwinkessi: 4:48pm On Feb 21
Ashirioluwa:

You can, there’s nothing wrong In trying. You will need to cancel the application first, then request for a refund.

Boss I just got mail asking to come take my visa now from UKVI home office. If so, what should I do now? My CAS was withdrawn last week Monday, pls what should I do if this people have given me visa now cos I’m confused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AlphaLady(f): 4:58pm On Feb 21
Kayz05:
Hi AlphaLady,

Your question is not a complicated one. Your Sister (UK) will surely need to provide anything that will indicate she's taking responsibility of your sister (Nigeria). In such case, POF will be needed, her employment letter to verify her source of funds and other the Nigerian Sister must also show ties with Naija (Something to show she will be coming back after her visit).

Thank you for your response. I’m aware of those. My question is my sister in Nigeria ( the student) does she need to show POF given she is a student with no money to her name.

If she does need POF, how much would be sufficient and can we just put the lump sum in her account without it being a red flag??

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AlphaLady(f): 4:59pm On Feb 21
Thank you for your response. I’m aware of those. My question is my sister in Nigeria ( the student) does she need to show POF given she is a student with no money to her name.

If she does need POF, how much would be sufficient and can we just put the lump sum in her account without it being a red flag??

Kayz05:
Hi AlphaLady,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tinutunde(f): 5:01pm On Feb 21
Olayinkayyyyy:

Oh, this is such great news. Thank you for your
patronage. I’m glad it all came out positive.
Thank you so much, the cover letters were really compelling. i’ll recommend her services to everyone needing writing services.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:19pm On Feb 21
AlphaLady:
Good afternoon everyone,

She's a student and not expected to have a lot of money. She should rely on her sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:21pm On Feb 21
godwinkessi:

Boss I just got mail asking to come take my visa now from UKVI home office. If so, what should I do now? My CAS was withdrawn last week Monday, pls what should I do if this people have given me visa now cos I’m confused.

So sorry! You can't use the visa as the CAS has been cancelled.

The painful truth is that you need to ask your school for another CAS and start the visa process all over again.

I'm sorry this happened to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:23pm On Feb 21
ifyobidiaso:
Good Afternoon,

I need help or suggestions.

I am trying to make an application for my mother to come and visit me in Birmingham Uk.She is a level 16 officer working with lagos state government for over 25 years.She is been paid 280,000N and she has a second job with an online store where she responds to orders and she is been payed 100,000N monthly she has a closing balance of about 2,290,000.She has been to Egypt and has a Canada/American denial.

I just finshed my university and recently had my brp changed in January to skull worker Visa and I recently got a job with the Uk civil service in the department for transport.Prior to that I worked in my Uni and started doing support work in September.I have about 2500 pounds in savings.

Please I need detailed help on how to put an application for my mum she wants to come visiting in March for graduation I have gotten a letter for her as well if not she doesnt mind visiting during the Easter Holiday.

Thank you

with 2,500 Pounds, you should not act as a sponsor. However, your Mum's salary is also low.

Do you have another sibling in the UK who can sponsor your Mum?

Unless your Mum has a lot of money saved somewhere over a long period of time..

You didn't indicate if she has any savings..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ifyobidiaso: 6:29pm On Feb 21
Cashmadam:

with 2,500 Pounds, you should not act as a sponsor. However, your Mum's salary is also low.

Do you have another sibling in the UK who can sponsor your Mum?

Unless your Mum has a lot of money saved somewhere over a long period of time..

You didn't indicate if she has any savings..

She has about 5 million savings in another account and this is over years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:58pm On Feb 21
ifyobidiaso:

She has about 5 million savings in another account and this is over years

Then, she should use her account and sponsor herself. To prove that she has saved over a long period (so it does not look like account padding), she should print her statement spanning at least one year - not six months as is the usual practice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 8:29pm On Feb 21
godwinkessi:

In case the visa is approved, call or email the school to explain your situation and ask if you could still resume with them. If they said no, then ask them to give you the opportunity to defer your resumption date to next semester.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Handsome1: 10:57pm On Feb 21
Hello Guys.

Please Kindly help with some valuable advice and insights.I would want to travel to the UK using the study route but I don't know which part in the uk would be cheap for me and I would be able to get jpbs i would be grateful if anyone who has successfully relocated to the UK using a Master's degree program could share their knowledge and experiences.
Also I want to know the most reliable way to travel to the uk

I want to understand the costs involved, What is the typical range of costs associated with tuition, living expenses, and the visa application process?

Additionally, please let me know if there are any other crucial aspects I should be aware of that could help me

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 2:26am On Feb 22
[quote author=Cashmadam post=128565568][/quote]

Thank you. It's so much appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AlphaLady(f): 9:15am On Feb 22
So give or take how much do you think would be enough for her to have please?
Cashmadam:

She's a student and not expected to have a lot of money. She should rely on her sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:25am On Feb 22
AlphaLady:
So give or take how much do you think would be enough for her to have please?

Depends on how long she plans to stay. Between 2,500 and 3,500 if accomodation is free.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:28am On Feb 22
Handsome1:
Please Kindly help with some valuable advice and insights.I would want to travel to the UK using the study route but I don't know which part in the uk would be cheap for me and I would be able to get jpbs i would be grateful if anyone who has successfully relocated to the UK using a Master's degree program could share their knowledge and experiences.Also I want to know the most reliable way to travel to the uk. I want to understand the costs involved, What is the typical range of costs associated with tuition, living expenses, and the visa application process?
Additionally, please let me know if there are any other crucial aspects I should be aware of that could help me
all the information you need is on the UK student thread and www.gov.uk . All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talltosyne: 11:50am On Feb 22
Hi everyone...

I booked my biometric appointment for 27 feb...i want to upload my documents and cover letter... The following category was listed
Employment Evidence- this business documnets
Financial. -Statement of accounts
Studies
Sponsor
Family status Do i add marriage certificate here?
Accomodations temporary or permanent ...I have an invitation from my sister
Other
VAF
Travel and Residency...

I will appreciate more guideline for this..Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bacteria8: 1:53pm On Feb 22
Guys I just got my COS today.

I hope it is not too late to apply for visa... because of the 11th of March deadline. I don't want to waste my money pls guys 😭

Is this still possible ??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Preshila(f): 6:49pm On Feb 22
Bacteria8:
Guys I just got my COS today.

I hope it is not too late to apply for visa... because of the 11th of March deadline. I don't want to waste my money pls guys 😭

Is this still possible ??

Please go ahead and apply. The deadline is 11th March, you are on time. As long as you tick all boxes, you will be issued your Visa.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bacteria8: 8:21pm On Feb 22
Preshila:

Please go ahead and apply. The deadline is 11th March, you are on time. As long as you tick all boxes, you will be issued your Visa.

Cheers

Thank you so much. I will start the application process tomorrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by illuminaty(m): 5:52am On Feb 23
Bacteria8:

Thank you so much. I will start the application process tomorrow

Congratulations

Mind if I ask if it's NHS or normal care home COS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bacteria8: 7:03am On Feb 23
illuminaty:

Congratulations

Mind if I ask if it's NHS or normal care home COS?

Normal care COS

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: ace101, akintola213 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.