Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830115 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by illuminaty(m): 9:33am On Feb 23
Bacteria8:

Normal care COS

And how long did you have to wait to get the COS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bacteria8: 10:42am On Feb 23
illuminaty:

And how long did you have to wait to get the COS

Since January
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by godwinkessi: 4:19pm On Feb 23
Ashirioluwa:

In case the visa is approved, call or email the school to explain your situation and ask if you could still resume with them. If they said no, then ask them to give you the opportunity to defer your resumption date to next semester.

Boss I’ve taken the passport now, no visa. So I’ve called them to refund my IHS fee. They said it will take 6 weeks for them to reverse the payment automatically to the account I used in making the payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:02pm On Feb 23
godwinkessi:

Boss I’ve taken the passport now, no visa. So I’ve called them to refund my IHS fee. They said it will take 6 weeks for them to reverse the payment automatically to the account I used in making the payment.

What’s the reason for the refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 6:27pm On Feb 23
I have a question: Please answers from experience

After the expiration of a 6-month Visa, if I'm renewing to 5/10yrs, what documents should I submit with the application? Should I submit the same sets of documents I used when apply for the 6-months or I don't need much documents as before since it's a renewal.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 4ruby4: 9:08am On Feb 24
Please I need urgent advise. Is a baby born in Nigeria to parents awaiting there british citizenship application approval a British citizen? Also, if not a citizen, which visa can be applied for in order to get baby to the UK? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:42pm On Feb 24
sanyaolurilwan:
I have a question: Please answers from experience

After the expiration of a 6-month Visa, if I'm renewing to 5/10yrs, what documents should I submit with the application? Should I submit the same sets of documents I used when apply for the 6-months or I don't need much documents as before since it's a renewal.

Same set of documents. Just include more recent statement of accounts and the recent version of other documents that may have expired (e.g data page of passport etc)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nineville(m): 2:20pm On Feb 24
Hi All, Thanks for all the insightful, FAQs and knowledgeable database you guys created here with your unrelented contributions. I got a 6-month visiting visa for my Mum using the information here. She is a retiree, contributing £1 towards the trip and I fully covered the whole cost with a £2,500 statement of account.

Meanwhile, can someone who has recently flown with Egypt Air clarify if they have this policy, their helpdesk contact form hasn't responded to my enquiry :

''The credit cardholder must be one of the travellers in online booking. If the customer fails to present the card used for purchasing the ticket(s) during check-in time, Egyptair has the right to deny passenger boarding".

That is, a cardholder paying for the online ticket must be one of the travellers in the booking!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 2:33pm On Feb 24
nineville:
Hi All, Thanks for all the insightful, FAQs and knowledgeable database you guys created here with your unrelented contributions. I got a 6-month visiting visa for my Mum using the information here. She is a retiree, contributing £1 towards the trip and I fully covered the whole cost with a £2,500 statement of account.

Meanwhile, can someone who has recently flown with Egypt Air clarify if they have this policy, their helpdesk contact form hasn't responded to my enquiry :

''The credit card holder must be one of the travellers in online booking. If the customer fails to present the card used for purchasing the ticket(s) during check-in time, Egyptair has the right to deny passenger boarding".

That is, a cardholder paying for the online ticket must be one of the travellers in the booking!

Oga is not true, you are paying for your mum with hee name nah, no one cares about credit cards, just send the payment documents to her, she will be attended to. My wife used Egypt air few weeks ago and I paid with my credit card.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nineville(m): 2:37pm On Feb 24
Childofgrace18:

Oga is not true, you are paying for your mum with hee name nah, no one cares about credit cards, just send the payment documents to her, she will be attended to. My wife used Egypt air few weeks ago and I paid with my credit card.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, for your clarification and for allaying my fears. Cheers buddy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 3:32pm On Feb 24
Thanks ma
Really Appreciated

Cashmadam:

Same set of documents. Just include more recent statement of accounts and the recent version of other documents that may have expired (e.g data page of passport etc)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 3:45pm On Feb 24
….
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by godwinkessi: 4:51pm On Feb 24
Ashirioluwa:

What’s the reason for the refusal?

There was no refusal I’ve told u before. My CAS deadline reached and my CAS was withdrawn. So I withdrew my visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 5:00pm On Feb 24
godwinkessi:

There was no refusal I’ve told u before. My CAS deadline reached and my CAS was withdrawn. So I withdrew my visa application

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 5:24pm On Feb 24
Can I use both accounts for POF? Yes
Can anyone suggest cheap flight and any accommodation booking site Google Flights/Bookings.com

Naijagram:
I want to apply for visiting visa.

I will be visiting the UK for just 3 days for a graduation ceremony.
I have dom account and naira account
Can I use both accounts for POF?
Can anyone suggest cheap flight and any accommodation booking site
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by godwinkessi: 9:51pm On Feb 24
Ashirioluwa:

Boss good evening sir. Boss pls I deferred my admission to September that’s when my school has space for my course. How soon can I get another cas? Can I get another cas before may? Or maybe June?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Desmosome: 1:10am On Feb 25
Hello house

Please If I want to invite my mother inlaw to the UK.
She's unemployed and I will be the one funding.
What advise will you give on how to fill in the application:
-The amount she's contributing
-The amount she spend on her self in a month
-Why am I paying for her bills

Kindly note: she's coming basically for child care as my wife just put to bed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 2:39am On Feb 25
godwinkessi:

Boss good evening sir. Boss pls I deferred my admission to September that’s when my school has space for my course. How soon can I get another cas? Can I get another cas before may? Or maybe June?

It is allowed to apply for a student visa up to six months before classes begin, so make every effort to obtain your CAS as soon as possible and then proceed with your application immediately.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by godwinkessi: 4:33am On Feb 25
Ashirioluwa:

It is allowed to apply for a student visa up to six months before classes begin, so make every effort to obtain your CAS as soon as possible and then proceed with your application immediately.

Wow thank u boss. But boss can I be allowed to travel for September intake before May?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stella57: 11:16am On Feb 25
Good morning House, I make and error why uploading my documents on UK visa. can I change it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stella57: 12:48pm On Feb 25
Pls any response for me it's urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:11pm On Feb 25
Desmosome:
Hello house

Please If I want to invite my mother inlaw to the UK.
She's unemployed and I will be the one funding.
What advise will you give on how to fill in the application:
-The amount she's contributing
-The amount she spend on her self in a month
-Why am I paying for her bills
Kindly note: she's coming basically for child care as my wife just put to bed.
Please on the form never write she is basically coming for childcare… you can say this is her 1st or 2nd grandchild and she is coming to see them

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NezzyMike: 5:51pm On Feb 25
nineville:

''The credit cardholder must be one of the travellers in online booking. If the customer fails to present the card used for purchasing the ticket(s) during check-in time, Egyptair has the right to deny passenger boarding".

They request for yellow card, it can be gotten in the airport.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:41pm On Feb 25
godwinkessi:

Wow thank u boss. But boss can I be allowed to travel for September intake before May?

No, that won't be appropriate because your resumption date is in September.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sihamey: 7:58pm On Feb 25
If someone is traveling to the UK for a conference should the person choose option
Business related training
or
Attend Business meeting

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stella57: 8:38pm On Feb 25
Good evening house, happy Sunday pls I make and error in uploading some of my documents and I have already submitted can I still change it wen I'm not done my biometric it's that still possible on it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:41am On Feb 26
Stella57:
Good evening house, happy Sunday pls I make and error in uploading some of my documents and I have already submitted can I still change it wen I'm not done my biometric it's that still possible on it?

Yes, write a cover letter to explain the error then pay to upload the correct documents when you go for your biometrics.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:41am On Feb 26
sihamey:
If someone is traveling to the UK for a conference should the person choose option
or
Attend Business meeting

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:43am On Feb 26
NezzyMike:

They request for yellow card, it can be gotten in the airport.

I don't recomment Egypt Air for your Mum. Please save her the stress.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:46am On Feb 26
4ruby4:
Please I need urgent advise. Is a baby born in Nigeria to parents awaiting there british citizenship application approval a British citizen? Also, if not a citizen, which visa can be applied for in order to get baby to the UK? Thank you

No, your baby is not a citizen and will not be even when you get your citizenship. It is no longer automatic. You will need to apply for a regular visit visa for your baby.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IkpemhiTG(m): 6:46am On Feb 26
GOOD MORNING HOUSE.
IS A POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE NEEDED FOR VISA APPLICATION AS A DEPENDANT INTENDING TO JOIN HIS WIFE?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lordcrixus: 6:50am On Feb 26
nineville:

The bolded is a disclaimer message to prepare the mind of travellers for extra security check in case the system flag the credit card for fraud. Most airliners have this disclaimer because scammers/fraudsters use stolen and fraudulently obtained credit cards to book flight payment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65