Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,590 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830788 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IkpemhiTG(m): 7:38am On Feb 26
Am using my marriage cert as evidence of our relationship and partner. Buh her name in the cert is different from what is on her travel document. Just wanted to be sure I must also add her affidavit of change of name. Although when she was applying for her visa then, She was asked about been known by another name and she replied with her name she uses before our marriage which was what is in the marriage cert. If I upload the affidavit will the newspaper publication not be needed too.

Or should I just supply the marriage certificate only and leave those others details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AdmissionAid: 9:15am On Feb 26
Change of names affidavit, Newspaper publication and your marriage certificate are needed.
I wish you success.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jannyfranc: 10:03am On Feb 26
How do I know that my uk visit visa is approved.?must I get email that decision has been made?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 10:07am On Feb 26
Jannyfranc:
How do I know that my uk visit visa is approved.?must I get email that decision has been made?

Yes, they will send you mail either for approval or rejection. For refusal, they will state the reason for refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jannyfranc: 10:12am On Feb 26
I didnt receive any email ,but a friend told me that I am supposed to receive email that they have made decision.
Childofgrace18:

Yes, they will send you mail either for approval or rejection. For refusal, they will state the reason for refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 10:52am On Feb 26
Jannyfranc:
I didnt receive any email ,but a friend told me that I am supposed to receive email that they have made decision.

Have you received your passport? Or have you received any mail from TLS that your travel documents are ready?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jannyfranc: 11:00am On Feb 26
I received my documents is ready,is over 2 days now but i have not received passport
Childofgrace18:

Have you received your passport? Or have you received any mail from TLS that your travel documents are ready?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 11:21am On Feb 26
Jannyfranc:
I received my documents is ready,is over 2 days now but i have not received passport

Check your mail again from UKVISABRP to confirm either refusal or denial. However, did you apply for DHL delivery service? If so, you can track your passport with your waybill number via DHL app.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jannyfranc: 1:04pm On Feb 26
I have checked for mail UKVISABRP,none.Thanks i have tracked.quote author=Childofgrace18 post=128652637]

Check your mail again from UKVISABRP to confirm either refusal or denial. However, did you apply for DHL delivery service? If so, you can track your passport with your waybill number via DHL app.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SealTeam6: 1:37pm On Feb 26
Hello guys pls help 😓

I'm currently requesting for COS at the moment since last week. My agent said it might take till end of March before it comes out.

I intend to travel with my wife and kids as my dependants.

But the issue of cancelling Dependant visa by 11 of March is on my mind.

When I asked my agent he said since we already started the process before March 11 that it doesn't mean anything.

But my fear is that, if my COS comes out after March 11th, will my wife and kids still be able to go with me as dependants ?

Or does the March 11 deadline means that I can no longer have dependants since it comes out after March 11th ?

Or does it truly means that since we have started the COS process already, the March 11 deadline doesn't affect us ?

More insights pls guys.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sihamey: 2:16pm On Feb 26
Cashmadam:

Business related training
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ama15(f): 3:12pm On Feb 26
SealTeam6:
Hello guys pls help 😓

I'm currently requesting for COS at the moment since last week. My agent said it might take till end of March before it comes out.

I intend to travel with my wife and kids as my dependants.

But the issue of cancelling Dependant visa by 11 of March is on my mind.

When I asked my agent he said since we already started the process before March 11 that it doesn't mean anything.

But my fear is that, if my COS comes out after March 11th, will my wife and kids still be able to go with me as dependants ?

Or does the March 11 deadline means that I can no longer have dependants since it comes out after March 11th ?

Or does it truly means that since we have started the COS process already, the March 11 deadline doesn't affect us ?

More insights pls guys.

Hi,

What does started the process mean? You must submit your HCW visa application BEFORE the March 11 deadline and you will need your COS reference number for the visa application. I’m sure your agent knows this….

NB- the changes re dependents do not apply to NHS workers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SealTeam6: 3:32pm On Feb 26
Ama15:

Hi,

What does started the process mean? You must submit your HCW visa application BEFORE the March 11 deadline and you will need your COS reference number for the visa application. I’m sure your agent knows this….

NB- the changes re dependents do not apply to NHS workers.

Thank you so much.

The agent said since we have started the COS application that the March 11 deadline won't matter... And that's exactly my fears. Like I just want to know if that's true or the March 11 deadline actually means that the HCW visa must be submitted before 11th of March.

In clearer terms sir/ma'am

1. As I have started my COS process since last week but till March ending before it comes out, will I still be able to go with my dependants since I have started the process before March 11 ?

Or

2. The March 11 deadline means actual visa application and not COS application...in which case, any COS that comes after March 11 even though was applied for before March won't be able to go with dependants ?

Pls help with this clarification
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jebelkhan(m): 3:37pm On Feb 26
Nineville, did your mum include her bank statement?

nineville:
Hi All, Thanks for all the insightful, FAQs and knowledgeable database you guys created here with your unrelented contributions. I got a 6-month visiting visa for my Mum using the information here. She is a retiree, contributing £1 towards the trip and I fully covered the whole cost with a £2,500 statement of account.

Meanwhile, can someone who has recently flown with Egypt Air clarify if they have this policy, their helpdesk contact form hasn't responded to my enquiry :

''The credit cardholder must be one of the travellers in online booking. If the customer fails to present the card used for purchasing the ticket(s) during check-in time, Egyptair has the right to deny passenger boarding".

That is, a cardholder paying for the online ticket must be one of the travellers in the booking!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ama15(f): 3:42pm On Feb 26
SealTeam6:

Thank you so much.

The agent said since we have started the COS application that the March 11 deadline won't matter... And that's exactly my fears. Like I just want to know if that's true or the March 11 deadline actually means that the HCW visa must be submitted before 11th of March.

In clearer terms sir/ma'am

1. As I have started my COS process since last week but till March ending before it comes out, will I still be able to go with my dependants since I have started the process before March 11 ?

Or

2. The March 11 deadline means actual visa application and not COS application...in which case, any COS that comes after March 11 even though was applied for before March won't be able to go with dependants ?

Pls help with this clarification

It’s 2, the actual visa application.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SealTeam6: 3:50pm On Feb 26
Ama15:

It’s 2, the actual visa application.

You have confirmed my fears. Thank you so much ma.

Pls ma'am is there any link or documents that explains this so that I can use it as evidence to show the agents... because he's talking like I'm bothering him...
Meanwhile I'm only trying to be sure of what I'm doing

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:13pm On Feb 26
SealTeam6:

Pls ma'am is there any link or documents that explains this so that I can use it as evidence to show the agents... because he's talking like I'm bothering him...
it is visa application. How does the home office know about you without receiving a submitted visa application form?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 4:24pm On Feb 26
Jannyfranc:

You will receive and email that your document is ready for pick up.

You either get the visa or another email with reason for rejection.

If you get the visa, you get one email that your passpor is ready.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nineville(m): 4:26pm On Feb 26
jebelkhan:
Nineville, did your mum include her bank statement?

Yes and every home- tie documents you can think of.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SealTeam6: 4:48pm On Feb 26
giselle237:
it is visa application. How does the home office know about you without receiving a submitted visa application form?

Exactly what I was thinking. Thank you 🙏🏾
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ama15(f): 4:54pm On Feb 26
SealTeam6:

Information on the upcoming changes are on the UK govt (Home Office) website (as well as all over the web / YouTube).

Please, don’t be duped by these so called agents…

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by melaniga: 4:54pm On Feb 26
Experts in the house. Kindly advise. I made visiting application from the UK for my mum. She had her bio at Ikeja 30/1/2024. Yet to hear from ukvi or TLS. I have been tracking since, nothing yet. Does it take this long? What next step do you suggest I take.
Thanks all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sihamey: 7:38pm On Feb 26
Hi Guru
I will be attending a conference in the UK. Can I apply with only my personal bank statement of account as I have better inflow than my company account but I will add my company bank reference letter and tax clearance certificate. Closing balance on my personal account is 10million with constant inflow. Can it fly or i must add company bank statement. For personal reason I don’t keep money in my company account. I was refused in 2022 because of I did not add company tax clearance certificate .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sojimomomo: 9:23pm On Feb 26
Hello gurus,

Please has anyone experienced this before? I tried paying for uk visit visa fee and it has been showing payment pending since yesterday Sunday 26th February at around 4pm.
What can I do about it?
Thanks everyone.

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arise01: 6:16am On Feb 27
Good Morning Gurus in the house,
Pls I want to apply for UK visit visa. What are the the relevant documents that I need as a job owner to support my visa process. I have my registered company. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oasmart: 7:52am On Feb 27
Good day house, please I really need your help I applied for Canada student visa last year but I was denied twice.I have 6 to 7m in my private account,my dad own a fashion company and he is generating a lot of money and he is willing to help me out for my visa to any country.Now my question is I want to visit the uk on tourist visa,I am 33 ,I am married with a kid and I also have a property and I work at my dad fashion company,the question is how can I arrange the 6-7m in my private account monthly to satisfied the visa officer? because I am thinking of paying mysef salary with the 6-7m I have in my private account,how much should I be paying myself every month and how much should I be spending every month?then what are the documents my dad will provide and he is even willing to sign any documents that I am the owner of the company and what are the documents me to will submit base on my financial?I have no travel history and I am planning on visiting the uk for 14days........pls help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:59am On Feb 27
oasmart:
Good day house, please I really need your help I applied for Canada student visa last year but I was denied twice.I have 6 to 7m in my private account,my dad own a fashion company and he is generating a lot of money and he is willing to help me out for my visa to any country.Now my question is I want to visit the uk on tourist visa,I am 33 ,I am married with a kid and I also have a property and I work at my dad fashion company,the question is how can I arrange the 6-7m in my private account monthly to satisfied the visa officer? because I am thinking of paying mysef salary with the 6-7m I have in my private account,how much should I be paying myself every month and how much should I be spending every month?then what are the documents my dad will provide and he is even willing to sign any documents that I am the owner of the company and what are the documents me to will submit base on my financial?I have no travel history and I am planning on visiting the uk for 14days........pls help me out

Browse this thread for basic explanation on what disposable income and monthly expenditure are. Look out also for How much you are expected to have in your account minimum with which to travel all in pounds equivalent.

Since you will sponsor yourself on this trip you will also factor in sight attraction and accommodation plus transport.

Since this is probably your first application to the UK you must be seen to also disclose salient denial history to Canada. Include with evidence other countries visited in last 10yrs.

Most importantly you must disclose what will bring you back to this country to your alleged workplace. Usually how you package the workplace you claim to be employed under with monthly payments, casual leave and such will be what will make or mar the application.

Most important importanter importantly you must (it is a must) include cover letter that is well detailed explaining who you are, where you are from, what you do, where you are going, where will you be staying and other shyte. Look for a post by Sokoto gudali in these hallowed archives to know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shegs105: 11:50am On Feb 27
Can I use my Nigeria PGD to apply for PhD in the UK?

Gurus in the forum, please help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jebelkhan(m): 7:33pm On Feb 27
Okay, thanks.

nineville:

Yes and every home- tie documents you can think of.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IkpemhiTG(m): 7:13am On Feb 28
I need assistance please...
I am filling that of my baby visa application now and some questions seems not to be clear. See an attachment below. Whose name is it suppose to be when they ask " who are you traveling with or joining in the UK" She will be traveling with me (Father) offcourse but we are both joining my wife in the uk. My wife is the main applicant. I can't put both myself and my wife . Who is the right person for this field ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IkpemhiTG(m): 7:27am On Feb 28
Does UK require child travel concent from my wife to allow me the father travel with our daughter under 2 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jannyfranc: 8:28am On Feb 28
How long does it take DHL to deliver travel document?they said 24 hours because is the the state is 1hour from my place,but is over 5days now.And how do I know that the UK visit visa was approved?

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.