Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,527 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? (28152 Views)

The Tesla Pi Phones From Elon Musk Could Dethrone Apple’s Iphones / How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change / LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Idrisab(m): 5:06am On Feb 06, 2022
rossovu:

Story story, I wonder who told u people this lie about the FBI
Lmao
Niggh
You don't know who you just quoted ( in the world of phones)
Btw, apple has never and would never give access to their server to government or any related body except the user decides to share his data by himself/herself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Idrisab(m): 5:10am On Feb 06, 2022
On battery
It's not just always by the mAh
Battery optimization by the phone too is very important
I've used almost all Tecno and Infinix phone up to Tecno camon 12pro and Infinix hot 9
Also iphones from 5c - 13 pro
I can tell u this
11 pro max has less than 4000mah Battery but performs better than Infinix hot 9 with 5000mah
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Auskyd(m): 8:37am On Feb 06, 2022
porthouse7:
i know what u mean, but from pratical observation infinix hot 4 ba3 with 4000mAh last longer than iphone 13 when put to test

Something is definitely wrong with this one lmao
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Jonesemmy: 9:17am On Feb 06, 2022
CELEBRITIZ:

This is what they don't understand. Iphone has less power consumption that's why the maH batteries are not has large as compared to android phones.

no,iPhone cannot compromise it's design for a large battery(that is why the models with larger battery capacities are longer/larger) I'll tell you that there are devic s with better optimisation when compared to the iPhone...the thing about these smartphones is; they rolll out new models everyday so as to make better improvement and that brings about competition..the best brand and model this year might not be the best next year and that's how it goes.
no smartphone maker would give you; good battery,camera, smooth performance and future updates and nice aesthetics...they'll always sacrifice one or two for the others

Smartisan nut 3 pro
Meizu 17 pro
Sony Xperia 1 and Xperia Pro-I
are notable mentions
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 10:09am On Feb 06, 2022
Jonesemmy:

no,iPhone cannot compromise it's design for a large battery(that is why the models with larger battery capacities are longer/larger) I'll tell you that there are devic s with better optimisation when compared to the iPhone...the thing about these smartphones is; they rolll out new models everyday so as to make better improvement and that brings about competition..the best brand and model this year might not be the best next year and that's how it goes.
no smartphone maker would give you; good battery,camera, smooth performance and future updates and nice aesthetics...they'll always sacrifice one or two for the others

Smartisan nut 3 pro
Meizu 17 pro
are notable mentions

This phones you mention, I'd ask yoi again. Are they better than Samsung s21 ultra . There is no android phone on earth better than iPhone when it comes to optimization. Iphone 13pro max has a battery capacity of 4300mah and iPhone still kept their design . What made you think they won't be able to do that for 4.5 or 5k mah. . I don't know from 5k mah upward but they can do that and beside 4.3mah is far good considering apple low power consumption rate
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 10:10am On Feb 06, 2022
Jonesemmy:

Smartisan nut 3 pro
Meizu 17 pro
are notable mentions

I'd ask you again . Are those phones better than s21 ultra?. I have watched a lot of phone reviews from different youtubers and they never mentioned this phones were better than s21ultra so why demeaning ios

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 10:13am On Feb 06, 2022
porthouse7:
for d price is better
I'd not lie about this . Yes it is . I know . I'm waiting for lgv70 but I don't think I'd get it because s22 comes out before it.
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 10:19am On Feb 06, 2022
porthouse7:
go do ur comparism bro, LG V8 is better, LG V60 is in d same class with iphone 13, LG velvet i think iphone make a phone close to dat in 2025
I checked online and I only saw G8 not v8.
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by porthouse7(f): 10:56am On Feb 06, 2022
CELEBRITIZ:

I checked online and I only saw G8 not v8.
yea G8 sorry
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by porthouse7(f): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2022
CELEBRITIZ:

I'd not lie about this . Yes it is . I know . I'm waiting for lgv70 but I don't think I'd get it because s22 comes out before it.
u wont see v70, LG is out of phone business sadly

Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by porthouse7(f): 10:58am On Feb 06, 2022
Auskyd:

Something is definitely wrong with this one lmao
nothing is wrong with u, just because u dont know doesn't mean others dont know
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by porthouse7(f): 11:01am On Feb 06, 2022
Badadvisor:

You need hot reset slap. Olodo forming woke.

Keep disgracing yourself in a public forum
u lack common sense but u think u are wise, no one is forming with here we are only comparing iphone ba3s nothing more
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Badadvisor: 11:25am On Feb 06, 2022
porthouse7:
u lack common sense but u think u are wise, no one is forming with here we are only comparing iphone ba3s nothing more
And you're comparing iPhone and infinix batteries.
You lack sense. Get lost

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by porthouse7(f): 11:34am On Feb 06, 2022
Badadvisor:

And you're comparing iPhone and infinix batteries.
You lack sense. Get lost
infinix hot 4 ba3 last longer than iphone ba3s, apart from iphone 13 pro max
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Freelancerx: 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2022
Idrisab:
On battery
It's not just always by the mAh
Battery optimization by the phone too is very important
I've used almost all Tecno and Infinix phone up to Tecno camon 12pro and Infinix hot 9
Also iphones from 5c - 13 pro
I can tell u this
11 pro max has less than 4000mah Battery but performs better than Infinix hot 9 with 5000mah
I agree with this, and that's why the iPhone lasts longer than most androids. Na only my Pova dey beat my 11 Pro

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Shobbyxi(m): 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
CELEBRITIZ:

With due respect, did you get it brand new?. Do you even check the battery health . You sold your 12pro for LG. You dey joke Abi you dey whine me. Why you dey na
In my opinion the 12 Pro is buggy for heavy phone users. I had to switch to Samsung when it was overheating unnecessarily and It was bought brand new don't even think of mentioning refurbished or anything like that I sell gadgets. The 12 Pro wasn't it for me at all.
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by hoilakes(m): 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
Have you seen the new POVA 5g bro
Freelancerx:
I agree with this, and that's why the iPhone lasts longer than most androids. Na only my Pova dey beat my 11 Pro
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Freelancerx: 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2022
hoilakes:
Have you seen the new POVA 5g bro
Nope but with what I'm seeing about it online and review it's a beast
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Corroro: 5:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
porthouse7:
scamming people with poor ba3, all iphone user must have power bank
lol no mind dem, atleast I can comfortably use my Pova without stressing about carrying power bank anywhere I go grin
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by seyz91(m): 10:23pm On Feb 06, 2022
Confirm!
shilenji:
It's not expensive, it's your country's currency that is low.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 11:15pm On Feb 06, 2022
Shobbyxi:
In my opinion the 12 Pro is buggy for heavy phone users. I had to switch to Samsung when it was overheating unnecessarily and It was bought brand new don't even think of mentioning refurbished or anything like that I sell gadgets. The 12 Pro wasn't it for me at all.
I never used 12pro but I used 12pro max ,mine was brand new and never had any of those problems you stated above
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 11:15pm On Feb 06, 2022
porthouse7:
u wont see v70, LG is out of phone business sadly
Been looking for it but I couldn't find it . Thanks for letting me know. Do you stay in abuja?
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2022
porthouse7:
yea G8 sorry
G8 spec is not that great .
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 11:17pm On Feb 06, 2022
Corroro:
lol no mind dem, atleast I can comfortably use my Pova without stressing about carrying power bank anywhere I go grin
If you pova carry iphone functions he no go last you 5 hrs

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Shobbyxi(m): 12:50am On Feb 07, 2022
CELEBRITIZ:

I never used 12pro but I used 12pro max ,mine was brand new and never had any of those problems you stated above
As you just said 12 Pro Max. Issue is with 12 Pro. Never heard anyone complain about 12 Pro Max yet.
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Corroro: 7:03am On Feb 07, 2022
CELEBRITIZ:

If you pova carry iphone functions he no go last you 5 hrs
lies, instead it's the other way around, maybe you have to get a Pova for yourself and find out.
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by DahtDopeBoi(m): 11:15am On Feb 07, 2022
Apple AirPod 2 available for Sale. 30k (negotiable) Location: Lagos WhatsApp: 08136748525. Hit me up with a good price, Let’s deal. No Clone. No Copy Version. Legit Apple product comes with a pouch

Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Paperbag(m): 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
porthouse7:
forget dat lies, have u test d ba3 strength with of low end phones, am dragging dis matter with infinix hot 4

Your phone cant multitask ...

Run 5 apps at same time and see the result ..

They are ripping you off for those cheap phones same way iphone rips people.

You buy a hot 4 for 70k or 50k and and you happy its cheap grin grin not knowing that phone should not cost more than 20k as cost of productions on that phone no pass 12k .

Im not talking from i hear say , dares a market in china you can assemble andriod phones in minute
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by Paperbag(m): 12:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
24brains:
damn speed jare... Where are we rushing to with speed? What iphone can do, android does also(access the internet, take selfie, play mp3, make phone calls) which are the basic functionalties of a cell phone. none has screen proof except screen guards which means it can still get damaged!!

you own a benz and i own a gulf wagon. and the aim of every car is to convey people to their destination. yours does and mine do!! if an accident occure, both have fatalities, we use same fuel, same traffic rules and you call me lowee? poverty striken?

paperbag, life is so simple but we make it complicated. to be civilized, you don't have to be educated.

No carry this yarn talk for outside especially that car accident talk ..lol
Guy are you serious ?? You think people that make cars and put price on dem are stupid ??

To even point out your faults tire me , i dont know where to start.
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 4:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Corroro:
lies, instead it's the other way around, maybe you have to get a Pova for yourself and find out.
Are you okay ?. I use Samsung s21 ultra na iPhone 13 pro max and you are telling to get a techno . Do you guys even even understand how phone works in the first place . Do you even understand how OS runs and work?. S21 ultra with 5k mah and flash charge drains fasters. Do you know why ?. One of the reason is because of the phone refresh rate . If refresh rate can drain battery fasters do you think other factors won’t be able to. There is a reason why phones are called high end phone and cost as much as it does . What’s ur phone display ?. Do you think if ur phone has a better display like Samsung s21 ultra ur battery would last long .
Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 4:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
Corroro:

Techno high end devices are the phantom series . Pova is a mid range phone and let it stay there. You can’t compare a midrange techno to high end Samsung or iPhone phones . There is a reason why itel phones last longer because the phone is thrash and there are no features or functionality that consume power . Learn to read

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2022
Corroro:
Please and please stop comparing a mid range phone(thrash) to an high end phone

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zero 3 Review: Battery, Multitasking, Sensor, Heat And Camera Comparison Tests / Vivo V20 Unboxing, First Impressions And Long Term Review + Price (photos) / Meet Adam Mosseri, Instagram New Boss (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.