Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,136 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:55 PM

By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 (884 Views)

$240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo / . / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2011
Matthew 7:16 and 20
16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Some of these fruits in churches are:

1. Tithes - Pastors asking for tithes are self centred they do not care about the people paying the tithes, these pastors only care about satisfying their own greed.

2. Working for the church - If all that a pastor cares about is the work a person is doing for the church and the pastor is not bothered that people working for the church needs time to themselves too, this shows that the pastor is only concern about his church business.

3. Pastors and Christians that tell lies.

4. Pastors and Christians that only quote verses in the Bible to keep people in bondage.

To be continued
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2011
Continuing from Above

5. Pastors and christians that speak in tongues today - Their speaking in tongues are a big lie.

6. Pastors operating their churches like a secret service.

7. Church members working as secret agents for their pastors.

To be continued
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by Joagbaje(m): 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2011
Pastors and christians that speak in tongues today - Their speaking in tongues are a big lie

If you call their Tongue "lie" question, Do you have the the real tongues
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2011
@Joagbaje
If you call their Tongue "lie" question, Do you have the the real tongues
The true tongues were only during the time of the apostles, the ones we hear today are fake.
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by nuclearboy(m): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2011
@MrBible:

You are wrong about tongues.

2001 at a Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship meeting, a guy got up and started speaking strange words. They seemed deliberate and calm (no dancing or theatrics). After about 12 minutes non-stop, he stopped and sat down. Funnily, everyone was calm and waited quietly while he spoke as though something held us all in suspense.

After the meeting and IN MY PRESENCE, as we left, a white man walked up to him and started speaking gibberish - a foreign language. He looked back blankly at the white man which made the white man even more confused. Eventually, he told the Nigerian that he was the one the man spoke to, said the man called his name and spoke about the problem he had been having for years, the cause and how to solve it. On hearing that the nigerian didn't know a word of Russian, his language, the Russian started crying and knelt down right there and accepted Christ. I had heard of such but this happened in front of me.

Tongues are still real - but tongues are not the rubbishmasterchrisoyaksnonsenseshababa babamamamaaaa nonsense we hear in the business churches.

God is Alive and working
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by Joagbaje(m): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2011
MrBible:

@JoagbajeThe true tongues were only during the time of the apostles, the ones we hear today are fake.

Is the holyghost the apostle revived different from the holyghost in the body of christ today?

Mark 16:17
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

And is this scripture relating only to the apostles
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2011
@nuclearboy

How do you know if the Nigerian that spoke in Russian has not lived in Russia before or has spend weeks memorising the words he spoke in Russian, don't let these guys fool you, they can perform any trick.

Let me give you an example this one happened to someone I live with in the same house, this person went to a RCCG church in London and they brought a pastor from Ghana on different occasions. This pastor from Ghana will call people out in the church at random, he will tell them their date of birth and the problems they are having. When I heard it I said to the person I live with that the guy was using some demonic powers. But this person I live with did not want to believe me, the person told me that it is the Holly Spirit that was working in this pastor from Ghana till God decided to expose this fake pastor, through ‘Miracles for Sale on Channel 4 – UK’, in it they showed how this trick is done. So next time you see these guys performing their magic tricks just remember what Jesus has already warned us below:

Matthew 24:24
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by dare2think: 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2011
@Nuclearboy,

I aknowledge that God does wonders and nobody fully understands how God operates, but I am also aware of the antics and "formats" some 419s employ to rob other innocent folks. Your example about the russian incident is really suspect in my view, befor I conclude, as I accept that I may be wrong, do you know the tongue speaking man's travel history? was this church based in Nigeria? was the russian man invited or did he just come from nowhere?

It is important to ascertian these things before concluding that they are genuine, however, we can't prove otherwise either. I am certain though, that fraudsters invent innovative and complex structures in other to capture their victims and their innovations evolve day by day, so we have to keep our guard.

Except you have a relationship with either the "russian man" or the "tongue speaker" I would eliminate the 100% assurance that it was genuine and still keep my reservations. (Remember, even doubting Thomas was shown twice what he doubted to remove the doubt in his mind).

Pls correct me if I may be wrong.
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by Joagbaje(m): 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2011
So
MrBible:

Let me give you an example this one happen to someone I live with in the same house, this person went to a RCCG church in London and they brought a pastor from Ghana on different occasions. This pastor from Ghana will call people out in the church at random, he will tell them their date of birth and the problems they are having. When I heard it I said to the person I live with that the guy was using some demonic powers.

If it's real ,it must be demonic abi. Because the God youv serve Csnt perform miracles. but a juju man can. grin

But this person I live with did not want to believe me, the person told me that it is the Holly Spirit that was working in this pastor from Ghana till God decided to expose this fake pastor, through ‘Miracles for Sale on Channel 4 – UK’, in it they showed how this trick is done.

how did he do the trick ?
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2011
@Joagbaje
how did he do the trick ?
In the video below the pastor's wife was feeding the pastor through a wireless ear piece, information the people in the church have supplied in the prayer request forms they have completed.

FOX News they are like CNN:
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/iteam/iteam-peter-popoff-20110525-tm

If it's real ,it must be demonic abi. Because the God youv serve Csnt perform miracles. but a juju man can.
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by nuclearboy(m): 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2011
@dare2think & MrBible>

Would I be nuclearboy if I didn't understand your reservations?

You should try picture this - FGBMFI is just a fellowship. I was probably more critical then than I am now and even Thomas would have been dazed at my lack of trust in anything. The nigerian was only a guest just as the Russian was. None was affiliated to the fellowship and the drama outside was witnessed by maybe just 3 or 4 people who just happened to be there. Its not as though there was advertisement or a large crowd to see it or even any way what happened could or would make the pastor (there are no specific Ogas at their breakfast meetings) or his church look good.

My point is it was sponteneous and natural plus it wasn't even widely noticed. I just was lucky to be there. Most of the people who attended didn't see what I described.

And if you think I can be fooled by the type of acrobatics in the world wrestling federation that we see in the business churches, maybe you should go through my old posts for clarity.

I know that incident was real - God still performs miracles today. As my Dad would say, you can't give me a counterfeit 5000 naira note because there is no original. Originals stil exist but they glorify God like that incident rather than man
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by dare2think: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2011
^^^^^^

Fair enough.
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by yommyuk: 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2011
One of the reasons why I am still a member of Celestial Church of Christ is what is being discussed on this thread. I have been invited to many churches and this speaking in tongue saga where by people do this marakkaakaarruugggj thingy is still alien to me. They all sound the same.

But in regards to CCC, my immediate brother and 2 cousins that I grew up with can prophesy in foreign languages. So I know that is for real. The only thing is that people tend to glorify the human more than the actual Spirit. A worrying trend.

All in all the power of God still functions supremely within the body of christ. I am a testimony to that fact. A former Fela Shrine seeker cool
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2011
@nuclearboy
My point is it was sponteneous and natural plus it wasn't even widely noticed. I just was lucky to be there. Most of the people who attended didn't see what I described.

In the video below the pastor's wife was feeding the pastor through a wireless ear piece, information the people in the church have supplied in the prayer request forms they have completed.

The only miracle I can believe today is the one the pastor does not even know about and the person the miracle happens to does not inform the preacher or the pastors agents about the miracle.

Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2011
Continuation of fruit to watch out for from above

8. House Group Fellowships - This is an initiation into a secret cult. I was in a house group fellowship before but thank God He got me out before they got me in. 
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by Joagbaje(m): 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2011
MrBible:

@JoagbajeIn the video below the pastor's wife was feeding the pastor through a wireless ear piece, information the people in the church have supplied in the prayer request forms they have completed.

If Peter popof use technology, because he lacked the gift, does that take away the gift from the body of christ. Does that mean the Ghana minister used technology as well as every minister who operate in words of knowledge. What of the firs timers who were unknown. And yet received shocking prophecies in churches?

You don't condemn the body of christ and the gifts of the spirit because of one man. That's satans agenda. The magic of pharaoh does not nullify the auntheticity Of Moses miracle.
Re: By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them - Matthew 7:16 And 20 by ogajim(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2011
Pastor JoAgbaje:

Where in the Bible did Jesus tell his followers to speak in tongues? Does "Our Lord's prayer" look anything related to what Creflo is spitting below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7cye4wzZVw

You people need to stop this grand deception that's leading people away from the FAITH.

(1) (Reply)

Antichrist 666 / Jesus' Hand Appeared During A Church Programe In Calabar / Greg404 Stop Disturbing The Board, I Might Burst You If You Continue This Way!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.