Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him (25155 Views)

Enugu Lawyer, Eli Ugwu, Shot Dead In Kogi After Delivering Ransom To Kidnappers / Beautiful Lady Apologises To Her Male Friend After Threatening Her For Rape / Lady Commits Suicide After Threatening To Go Join Her Twin In Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by lalasticlala(m): 8:17am On Feb 05, 2022
Nigerian Policemen Threaten To ‘Waste’ Lawyer With Bullets, Extort Money From Him Despite Having Complete Vehicle Documents

A lawyer named Kingsley Nnonye got the shock of his life on Thursday when he encountered some policemen at the Irapana-end of Abuja-Okene Highway in Kogi State.

Nnonye had left his base in Abuja for Warri, Delta State, to fetch a new car his wife had recently acquired.

While heading back to Nigeria’s capital city, Abuja, the legal practitioner had a smooth trip until he got to the Kogi community around noon where things took a disturbing turn.
According to Nnonye, despite checking and confirming the completeness of the car’s documents, the policemen employed different tactics, including threatening to kill him if he failed to offer them a bribe.

The police team led by one Inspector Ade boasted to the lawyer that if they killed him, nobody was going to find out or do anything to them.

The law enforcement officers while trying to put fear into Nnonye, forced him to drive the car to different sections of the highway to carry out their corrupt agenda.

Explaining how he managed to free himself from the rogue policemen, who were prepared to kill him if he failed to grease their palms with some good naira notes, the lawyer told SaharaReporters on Friday that, “On my way from Warri where I went to drive my wife’s new car to Abuja, every police checkpoint I encountered, I identified myself as a lawyer.

“The journey was smooth until I got to Abuja-Okene Highway at a location known as Irapana where a police patrol team stopped and demanded to see the vehicle’s particulars which I obliged.

“The team leader, one Inspector Ade, who checked the documents and saw that everything was in order, insisted that my papers were suspect.

“He claimed that only one witness signed the car agreement and that the number plate on the agreement of sale differed from what was on the papers. I was astonished and demanded to see what he was talking about but he refused.

“I told him I knew all the gimmicks of policemen, he got infuriated and ordered me to reverse the car and follow him to their area command. I obeyed and headed back to Okene which was many kilometres away.
“While on the way, one of the policemen advised me to play the game but I refused.

“Inspector Ade came to meet me in the car and told me that if they shot and killed me there, nobody could expose it. Immediately, I had a brain reset and tried to call some senior officers I knew at Force Headquarters in Abuja but they did not allow me to do so.

“They thereafter asked me to pay N50,000. They asked me to go with them to a nearby village to use POS (Point of Sale) to withdraw the money.

“I told them I could only afford N5,000. They initially rejected it but later collected the money before allowing me to go.
“I’ve been wondering what they could have done to ordinary citizens who are not lawyers like me. That Inspector Ade is evil. His kind would rob and kidnap people at odd hours under the guise of police patrol. I know him and can identify the officer.”

When contacted over the issue, spokesperson for the police in Kogi, Williams Aya, told SaharaReporters that the matter had not been reported to them, adding that it would be investigated as soon as that was done.
Aya further said that if found to be true, the errant policemen will be severely sanctioned to serve as a deterrent to others.

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/04/nigerian-policemen-threaten-%E2%80%98waste%E2%80%99-lawyer-bullets-extort-money-him-despite-having

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by Longin: 8:20am On Feb 05, 2022
No be 9ja police?
Na normal levels now

Please I have this item for sale

zero*915*4*47*96*3..1
I need money to chop
Hunger bad

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by MufasaLion: 8:21am On Feb 05, 2022
This country is pure cruise.
Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by ImoleNaija: 8:23am On Feb 05, 2022
the lawyer told SaharaReporters on Friday

Seeing the above, I was about leaving the thread before I saw the pic of the victim.

Even lawyers are not safe from Police extortion angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by Kadejo(m): 8:23am On Feb 05, 2022
Ha
Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by DropsMic(m): 8:23am On Feb 05, 2022
The lawyer obviously forgot to tell the police man that he knew his rights... grin grin grin

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by thesicilian: 8:23am On Feb 05, 2022
I felt pity for what the lawyer went through in the hands of those cursed policemen until I got to this part:
I’ve been wondering what they could have done to ordinary citizens who are not lawyers like me.

I too am wondering what makes the lawyer think he is not an ordinary citizen.

And besides that, I've never really seen any difference between lawyers and policemen. 99.9% of them are as crooked as they come.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by Kadejo(m): 8:23am On Feb 05, 2022
O
Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 05, 2022
Extortionists in Black Uniform.

Whenever some members of the NPF meets their Waterloo, it's usually in a tragic manner, all because of the atrocities they're committing.

Even if karma skips every other profession and Individual, it can never skip Nigerian Police,

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by KUNZEH(m): 8:24am On Feb 05, 2022
Sorry, why you no tell them say you sabi your right. Abi you forget ni? grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by Crafteck1: 8:24am On Feb 05, 2022
This is what weve been going through, thats y i prefer bikes, i just park benz 4 house

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by nairaman66(m): 8:25am On Feb 05, 2022
Nigerian security personnel have now officially gone rogue!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by Kingcalls: 8:25am On Feb 05, 2022
This is armed robbery.... it should be labelled accordingly...its not extortion, thats the wrong word... its Armed Robbery .... check the definition of armed robbery in the dictionary

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:26am On Feb 05, 2022
Nigerian police. Mostly, wicked people apply to join the Nigerian police force and they will be recruited

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by dapsoneh: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2022
Longin:
I'm not disappoint.
No be 9ja police
eh ate you not disappoint? You should be 'disappoint' oooo

1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by Greenmentors: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2022
This country na wa o
Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by inoki247: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2022
lol hope say no b all doz Lawyer wey dey go receive lecture for inside Jungle for schl....

He no fit tell him say e dey on iz right and Quote Nigeria Constitution undecided undecided
Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by FEGEITOK: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2022
Operational security failure.

Why expose the number plate of the said car?

Assuming of course that's the car in question.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:27am On Feb 05, 2022
U be lawyer na u knw wat nxt to do
Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by Onyenna(m): 8:27am On Feb 05, 2022
Nothing surprises me anymore in this country!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by Buharidgeneral: 8:27am On Feb 05, 2022
You get mind oo to even drive on Nigeria expressway

1 Like

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by damosky12(m): 8:28am On Feb 05, 2022
This is clear armed robbery. We just can't "euphemise" or repolish it at all.

Policemen threatening to shoot an armless citizen (who has committed absolutely no offense) except he gives them money... This is all shades of wrong. This is armed robbery!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by tunjijones(m): 8:28am On Feb 05, 2022
I hate the Nigerian police force (NPF).

They are all bunch of criminals and low lives.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by BleedTears: 8:28am On Feb 05, 2022
E go reach everybody las las.

No be una say na only yahoo Boys them dey extort.
Next

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by elonmuskbaby: 8:29am On Feb 05, 2022
Nawa

Naija police in their usual elements

Bunch of evil spirit

1 Like

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by ariesbull: 8:29am On Feb 05, 2022
lalasticlala:

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/04/nigerian-policemen-threaten-%E2%80%98waste%E2%80%99-lawyer-bullets-extort-money-him-despite-having

Dude there is nothing like ordinary citizens.... You seff na ordinary lawyer wey him wife buy Nigerian use

The fact is that in situations like this, you calm down, you are in a forest and deserted roads... Just calm down and beg them period

Which one be ordinary citizens wey no be lawyer

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by dalongjnr: 8:29am On Feb 05, 2022
Later, we will call Buhari wicked but so are worse than Lucifer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by JayEntaur(m): 8:29am On Feb 05, 2022
Sadly, this is 'just' a normal, everyday occurrence in this country.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by princepee: 8:30am On Feb 05, 2022
Uy
Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by realstars: 8:30am On Feb 05, 2022
To the eyes of the law man. This is sad.
Re: Policemen Extort Lawyer, Kingsley Nnonye In Kogi After Threatening To Kill Him by Dottore: 8:30am On Feb 05, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US College Student Brianna Esomchukwu Pours Bleach In Roommate's Eyes / Boat Conductor Kills Passenger’s Brother In Lekki Area Of Lagos (photo) / Malawi Thief On Admission In Hospital, Caught Stealing From Fellow Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.