Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu (6758 Views)

Tinubu's Presidency: Nigeria Just Got Knocked Out Of U20 By Lowly Gambia (Pics) / 2023 Presidency: Nigeria Needs A Thinker Like Tinubu To Succeed Buhari- Ogunlewe / Orji Kalu Reacts After Seeing This At APC Campaign Rally In Ekiti State(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Ebubu: 11:25am On Feb 05, 2022
The Chief Whip of the Senate, Orji Uzor Kalu, has said that the country is like a football team that needs motivation and confidence.

The former Abia governor in January declared his intention to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023 if the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential ticket is zoned to the South.

If the ticket is zoned to the South, Kalu will be contesting the presidency with the likes of APC National leader, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi state and Senator Rochas Okorocha.

In an interview on Friday on Channels Television, Kalu said if elected as the next President, presiding over the affairs of the country will not be a problem because he will stabilise the country.

The former governor added that if elected president, he will change the fortunes of the country just like what he did with Enyimba FC, an Aba-based football club.

The Senator also promised to rebrand the country and give Nigerians the confidence that they need to move forward in life, adding that he can make Nigeria a very big team and a big player in world affairs.

He said: “What I’m going to be getting on the table is the stability of the country; the rebranding of the country and giving Nigerian people that confidence that they are Nigerians and giving them the motivation to move forward.

“Nigeria to me is like a football team and I have done it in the past with the Enyimba football team and I can do it in the future because what every aspect of this country needs is just motivation.

“I know the faults, ups and downs of Nigeria. I can make Nigeria a very big team and a big player in world affairs because when you look at my face, you see the face of Nigeria.”

Source: https://semmatloaded.com/2022/02/2023-presidency-nigeria-to-me-is-like-a-football-team-orji-kalu/amp/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Xscape1993(m): 11:26am On Feb 05, 2022
Funny people everywhere. Who is even going to vote for APC?

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Bounceboune7: 11:28am On Feb 05, 2022
No wonder u played abia to relegation

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by donbachi(m): 11:33am On Feb 05, 2022
Where politicians dribbles their people like okocha,scores like messi and ronaldo,passes loot to their children and wen e reach to do for una supporters.una play am go over the bar.

Masses are a forever spectators

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by alsudan: 11:43am On Feb 05, 2022
OUK is an embarrassment of a Presidential candidate. Watched his interview on arise some weeks back and on Channels yesterday and couldn’t help hide my face.

But when will Thiefnibu grant a live interview? I wan see something.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by thesicilian: 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2022
And football teams are decided strictly on merit and not by zoning.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2022
ok

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Felabrity: 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
No one cares
Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by opohob: 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
In a Saner clime, this Man should be chilling in jail as we speak

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by WiszyFraud: 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
Did you know??

If you’re on oral medications, NEVER take your drugs with:

- ice cold water
- hot water
- fruit juices
- alcohol
- tea/coffee
- coke/fanta/sprite
- other soda drinks

Take your drugs with:

- clean, plain water ONLY, except otherwise directed by your healthcare provider!

lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Naiira(m): 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
Ngwa nu pass the ball to me…

Umu anu ofia!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
Mumu man

If Nigeria like make e be buns to you, you no fit be president of Nigeria

Orji go and rest

Amaechi2023, I no dey talk am make e sweet your papa

I no dey talk am to find likes, carry your likes go build farm for your village.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by mcjohny(m): 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
football team your T£st|$ dia! what pains me most is that we Igbo think we're are fighting for a presidency that we will still hand over to our criminal brothers who are willing to hang us on the slightest opportunity.
how about his time in in Abia state as the governor and the kind of mess he embezzlement he arranged like awards, lol, look Orji Uzor Kalu for presidency. more like washing your hands just to feed a fowl that eats best from the floor

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by BIZNess123(m): 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Pls rest sir

Tinubu we know

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Michelle70(m): 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Freshfish4: 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
And you are?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by todaynewsreview: 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
grin grin grin much more than football team Sir. Two key issues that should be uppermost in the next election should be the economy and security.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Fbisshit: 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Football grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by stano2(m): 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
F^ck off… we need working systems.
We have been motivating ourselves for long
Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by beerfraud: 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
Northern Cows are patiently waiting for okoro who will want to become president of the Zoo

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Shikena(m): 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
Xscape1993:
Online or real life?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by BabaIbo: 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
OUK for President 2023.

Best choice and best man for the job.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Jerryherd: 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2022
And Abia State is what
Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by yuriy(m): 6:36pm On Feb 05, 2022
no wonder super eagle they never qualify to any prime in any soccer competition,
Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Jerryherd: 6:36pm On Feb 05, 2022
Xscape1993:

I personally would vote for Osinbajo or Tinubu in APC

And nothing in this life would make me vote PDP due to my personal experience with them

So speak for yourself alone

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Realists(m): 6:37pm On Feb 05, 2022
[quote author=Shikena post=109984690]
Online or real life? [/quote

E warriors will come for you.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by BabaIbo: 6:37pm On Feb 05, 2022
opohob:
In a Saner clime, this Man should be chilling in jail as we speak

And your Tinubu is the one that is supposed to be walking freely?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by mooxander(m): 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2022
Shege.... Coachilala
Re: 2023 Presidency: Nigeria To Me Is Like A Football Team – Orji Kalu by Tee92(m): 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2022
This one can't transform this nation. Imagine, comparing the most populous black nation to a football team. Odiegwu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun Assembly Passes N100.25bn Supplementary Budget / Ibb Part One / Fg Planning State Of Emergency In Lagos – Acn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.