Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

If A Child Fall From Her Mother's Back Is It A Bad Omen? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If A Child Fall From Her Mother's Back Is It A Bad Omen? (3195 Views)

Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi Celebrates Her Mother's Birthday (Pictures) / Ghanaian Stunt Man Rises After An Epic Shameful Fall / The Fall And Rise Of The Benin Empire: A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Child Fall From Her Mother's Back Is It A Bad Omen? by gbaskiboy: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2022
When i was growing up as a child we have lot of beliefs that tend to shape the way we reason and do certain things. later in life we realized that most of those thing we were persuaded to believe are superstitions to dissuade us from taken certain course. By and large somewhat those beliefs still hold strong and coincidently they work shaping people's thinking about life.
Take for example something happened during my early life i was about 8 years old. A young man who was my next neighbour got married, his wife became pregnant, during the labor his wife died leaving her child behind. Five year later he remarried and same thing happened to the second wife. The news became viral and ladies in the area avoided this man like a plague. Because of stigmatization this man has to move away from the area.
According what the elders says, they said he fell from her mother's back when he was a child and they ought to do rituals on him to avoid any ill effects in the future. Am a grown up man, in my wildest imagination i still wonder how real is this, could it be true or is it was just a mere coincidence or action taken for people to be careful when carrying their child on their back? Am still left in the dark....
Re: If A Child Fall From Her Mother's Back Is It A Bad Omen? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
If a mother doesn't tighten her wrapper well, the child may fall, it's a simple, domestic accident.

Africans have succeeded in making life hard for themselves. SMH! embarassed
Re: If A Child Fall From Her Mother's Back Is It A Bad Omen? by SanctifiedSista(f): 12:45pm On Feb 05, 2022
If u believe u will it, it will happen for u
If u don't and build up your faith with testimonies,prayers,praise and books plus messages from God servant Bishop Oyedepo, u will walk out more than a conqueror
Congratulations in advance
Re: If A Child Fall From Her Mother's Back Is It A Bad Omen? by Healthrelatedjo: 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2022
That is if your mom louds it.
If she no loud am when d thing happen nothing dey sup
Re: If A Child Fall From Her Mother's Back Is It A Bad Omen? by Lattop1(m): 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
If ur Village People did not see it when it happened its nothing cool

1 Like

Re: If A Child Fall From Her Mother's Back Is It A Bad Omen? by Lamanii22(f): 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
The one my mom told me about is washing cloth at night. . That it is very bad, it could cause someone's spouse to die early... I don't really believe but I never washed cloth at nights again......
Re: If A Child Fall From Her Mother's Back Is It A Bad Omen? by MufasaLion: 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lamanii22:
The one my mom told me about is washing cloth at night. . That it is very bad, it could cause someone's spouse to die early... I don't really believe but I never washed cloth at nights again......

Lies and superstitious belief.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Leader: Agba ki wa lo ja kore omo tutu wo / Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much / Some Funny African Proverbs That You Don't Know (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.