Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Niger Delta Violence Sponsored By External Forces - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Violence Sponsored By External Forces (841 Views)

Kwarans Thwarted Plans By External Forces To Embarrass Saraki At Eid Praying Gro / External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan / Boko Haram Not Sponsored By Anti-jonathan Politicians — US Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Violence Sponsored By External Forces by ono(m): 11:09am On Aug 01, 2007
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=85017
Although much of that link is related to public asset declaration on the part of the VP, however, it's imperative to note some of the statements credited to the VP on militancy in the Delta. It's obvious that there are external forces militating against the progress of the people of the Niger Delta.

Personally, I have been very much disturbed about the spate of attacks on people and facilities in the area, vis a vis the developmental efforts of both the present and past administrations. But now, I know the truth, and it won't be long before this will clearly be revealed to everyone. But, I wonder what mischief makers stand to gain by fomenting trouble in the area.
Re: Niger Delta Violence Sponsored By External Forces by TayoD(m): 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2007
@topic,

These days, people just blame others for what they are doing to themselves. The bottom line is that the militants are the once executing the terror inspired by their bosses (whether indigenes or not)! There won't be kidnappings if the militants aint kidnapping nobody! It is just like blaming the politicians solely for the election rigging. It took the combined effort of the politicians and the compromised populace who sell their future for a morsel of bread to rig elections! One is dependent on the other and the two cannot be effectual exclusively!
Re: Niger Delta Violence Sponsored By External Forces by ono(m): 2:05pm On Aug 01, 2007
@TayoD,
Yes. It's true that the two (militancy and their sponsors) are not independent of each other. But you must understand that it's poverty, illiteracy, neglect by successive administrations and utter degradation of the ecosystem of the area that's the manure on which these destrcutive actions of these youths thrive on. I will not blink an eye if the sponsors are from the Delta area only.  But now, we have the high and mighty capitalizing on the chaotic situation in the area to step up the spate of violence there.

My question: What do they stand to achieve by fomenting trouble in the area?
Re: Niger Delta Violence Sponsored By External Forces by grafikdon: 2:07pm On Aug 01, 2007
TayoD:

@topic,

[b]These days, people just blame others for what they are doing to themselves. [/b]The bottom line is that the militants are the once executing the terror inspired by their bosses (whether indigenes or not)! There won't be kidnappings if the militants aint kidnapping nobody! It is just like blaming the politicians solely for the election rigging. It took the combined effort of the politicians and the compromised populace who sell their future for a morsel of bread to rig elections! One is dependent on the other and the two cannot be effectual exclusively!

I was going to post something but after reading this, I figured there's no need for unnecessary repetition. You hit the nail right on the head!
Re: Niger Delta Violence Sponsored By External Forces by Seun(m): 2:08pm On Aug 01, 2007
Can you name the specific 'high and mighty' people that you are accusing of fomenting trouble in the area?
Re: Niger Delta Violence Sponsored By External Forces by ono(m): 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2007
@Seun,
Dr. Iyorchia Ayu was named in that write up as being charged for ''terrorism''. This sounds rather false though, going by the manner of person and reputation Dr Ayu has garnered to himself over the years. But people change. And I will not doubt too much his involvement in some of these shameful acts in order to score some cheap political points against his opponents.

Now, do you think it's only the Ayus of this world that are into this? Jonathan did not mention some names, apparently because their names will generate uproars in some quarters.
Re: Niger Delta Violence Sponsored By External Forces by presido1: 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2007
Let him name the names so that we will know who is against us and those with us.
Re: Niger Delta Violence Sponsored By External Forces by naijaway(m): 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2007
tayo u'r on point. Nice one.
Re: Niger Delta Violence Sponsored By External Forces by ono(m): 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2007
I heard over the news this morning that some arrested kidnappers in the Niger Delta will be paraded soon in Portharcourt. The IGP Okiro said a lot of these people are from other states, and not the Niger Delta.

Very soon, the truth shall be revealed to all.

(1) (Reply)

Big Thief (sorry Big Boy) Kalu Meets Yaradua @ Aso Rock Barely A Day After Bail / Should All Political Office Holders Be Forced To Declare Assets? / Infrastructural Decay In U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.