Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,551 members, 7,847,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:53 PM

BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom (726 Views)

Paul Okoye: They Can't Sell Their Bad Market Without Attacking Peter Obi / Buhari’s Victory Another Bad Market – Sex Workers / Defection Aftermath: Stop Deceiving Benue People - APC Strikes Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by OfficalDrJeffer(m): 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
Written by Pita Agbese

Another Bad Market for Ortom Adorogo: Last Week in Ortomism, January 31st-February 6th, 2022

It was another bad market for Ortom in the week under review. Ortom has been having a streak of bad markets lately and the end is not yet in sight. His market has not been “selling” lately. No one seems eager to buy his tissues of lies anymore. It is clear that there are not many people willing to sell their products to him either. Ortom is becoming like the Wannune market woman who takes her tomatoes to the market and dumps them on the road after no one buys her tomatoes on market days. Soon, the road will be clogged with Ortom’s unsold tomatoes. They are piling up.

Benue’s tragedy in having Ortom as its governor was on full display this past week. Ortom has been a governor for nearly seven years and yet, he either does not understand the separation of powers between a central government and the component states in a federation, or he was being mischievous. Ortom has asked the federal government to take charge of paying the retirement benefits of state high court judges.

Ortom’s bad market began at the ecumenical church service to celebrate the 46th anniversary of the creation of Benue State. If Benue was a human being, she would been a 46 year-old woman this year. A 46 year-old woman who had not yet learned to walk or talk. None of her babysitters had done anything to help their baby grow up. Some even stole and drank her infant formula leaving her hungry. Ortom would have been the newest babysitter if Benue was a human being. This new babysitter would have been the worst. He would not change the baby’s diapers. He would let the baby poke a fork into an electrical outlet. He would have mocked the hungry baby under his care. He would have lied about chasing away demons who supposedly wanted to kidnap the baby. Ortom would be eating cake and dancing while the baby was dying of hunger and crying for help.

Anyway, in any case, Ortom’s latest bad market began at the interdenominational church service where he surveyed the Benue landscape and incredulously and falsely declared that the end of his tenure would be better than its beginning. This is February 2022. The month of May, 2015, marked the beginning of the Ortom administration. Ortom has been the governor of Benue for the past 81 months. He has only 15 more months left. Ortom is not going to accomplish in 15 months what he failed to achieve in 81 months. Ortom has no masterplan on what he is going to do for the remaining period of his tenure. He has no strategy for accomplishing any goal other than further enriching himself. The end of Ortom’s tenure will certainly be better than its beginning, but only for Ortom Adorogo. Ortom would be a multibillionaire at the end of his tenure, but he will leave Benue and most of its citizens much poorer than they were at the beginning of his tenure. For Benue under Ortom, the end of Ortom’s tenure will be worse than his bad beginning.

There is no way the end of Ortom’s tenue would be better than its beginning for Benue. Like all mortals, time has become Ortom’s greatest enemy. Ortom can lie to Benue. Ortom’s “special assistants,” Bemgba Iortyom and the men and women of the “Ortomist Movement” can help amplify Ortom’s lies. Newly-recruited ex-local government councilor comrades can blow Vuvuzelas until they are red in the face about what a wonderful man Ortom is. Unfortunately for them, they cannot sell their lies to time. Time comes marching in whether Ortom is ready or not. Time has already made the big pronouncement and its judgement. Time has said that Ortom has no time.

Ortom’s second bad market of the week was the appearance of a retired 83 year-old Benue teacher, Baba John Ugese, on Berekete Family Radio and Television human rights show lamenting Ortom’s 76-month non-payment of his pensions’ benefits. Ugese dutifully served as a teacher for 35 years and retired in 2015. Since then, he has been paid only once and Ortom is owing him for 76 months. For 76 months, Ortom has refused to pay this frail and hungry old man. Almost with tears in his eyes, Ugese narrated how he lost two of his children because he was too poor to take them to the hospital when they were sick.
Ugese was weak and hungry. The way he ate the food served to him at the studio indicated a man who had not had a decent meal in a long time. Ugese spoke in a halting and labored voice, but despite all these, he was very eloquent and articulate in painting Ortom in Ortom’s true colors. Perhaps for the first time, Nigerians outside Benue State saw the imagery of the real Ortom, not the fake Ortom who pretends to be a defender of his people by constantly haranguing and lambasting President Buhari. No, this was the real Ortom, the unvarnished Ortom, the man who would starve the thousands of old, sick and hungry Benue retirees. Ugese has done all Benue retirees a huge service. Ugese has honored the memory of his dead children through his courageous appearance on Berekete Family to denounce the callous, sadistic, and wicked Samuel Ortom Adorogo. I salute his courage.

The same theme of his refusal to pay pensions and other retirement benefits was where Ortom had his third bad market in the week under review. This time, Barrister Justin Gbagir, Chairman of the Nigerian Bar Association, Makurdi Branch, was the one who verbally lacerated Ortom. The occasion was at the valedictory court session in honor of the late Chief Judge of Benue, Justice Iorhemen Hwande, at Makurdi, on February 4th, 2022. Gbagir did not mince words. He was direct. He was brutal. He spoke naked and raw truths to Ortom. Given the importance of what Barrister Gbagir said, I will quote him extensively. He lamented that Justice Hwande died without being paid his retirement benefits. He noted that Hwande was not alone and that many retired judges, magistrates, and customary court judges were in the same boat as the departed Chief Judge Hwande. As Gbagir put it, “it is to be noted that we have several judicial officers who have retired in the State without the payment of their retirement benefits. Some of them like our deceased Chief Judge have died without enjoying their retirement benefits...The fact of the non- payment of their retirement benefits portends a lot of dangers in the dispensation of justice. The lesson that those who are still in service are expected to learn from this unfortunate situation is that they need to take care of themselves while still in service. This is capable of breeding corruption in the justice sector and we all know the dangers and dire consequences of corrupt justice sector.”

Perhaps, the strongest part of Gbagir’s speech was a reminder to Ortom that he was doing the wrong thing by refusing to pay retirement benefits. Gbagir’s voice will echo through the hills and valleys of Benue. They will stand as a testament to a man who seeks justice and equity even outside the hallowed chambers of our courtrooms. He powerfully reminded Ortom that “those helping you to rationalize the non-payment of gratuities, pensions, and salary arrears are your true enemies. Have a sober reflection and source for monies to clear all the backlog of unpaid salaries, pensions and gratuities. If you don’t do this, it might end up being your albatross in 2023 and beyond.” I wish other voices in Benue would rise in unison to echo those words on a marble and vociferously condemn Ortom’s continued callousness and sadism.

SOURCE;

lalasticla Mynd44

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159583882580837&id=739915836&sfnsn=scwspwa

Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by rayvelez(m): 12:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
Ikpeazu&Ortom worse of the worst.
Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by walemoney007(m): 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
I don't remember the last time I saw Ortom commissioning a project.

Orton is a very wicked man

He is owing pensioners for 76 month shocked this is nothing but wickedness.

He deserve a long time in jail

The FG have to look into the case of Governors not owing retired and serving civil servants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2022
grin grin grin gringringringrin
Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2022
walemoney007:

grin

This one weak pass me

����������

No
Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by walemoney007(m): 12:42pm On Feb 06, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

grin

This one weak pass me

����������

No
I'm extremely weak bro

Since his first tenure, I've not seen him commissioning any project in Benue state.

How the man won by a few margin is what I don't still understand

He should have been defeated with a wide margin sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2022
walemoney007:
I'm extremely weak bro

Since his first tenure, I've not seen him commissioning any project in Benue state.

I tell you, it was through rigging
Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by FreeStuffsNG: 1:53pm On Feb 06, 2022
HE Ortom has a PhD in PMB Bashing yet he is being condemned by most Benue citizens that he is a failure in leadership.

Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by Mynd44: 5:13am On Feb 07, 2022
walemoney007:

Orton is a very wicked man

He is owing pensioners for 76 month shocked this is nothing but wickedness.

He deserve a long time in jail

The FG have to look into the case of Governors not owing retired and serving civil servants.
Herdsmen have prevented commissioning projects. Na Im way
Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by Tumbulum: 5:24am On Feb 07, 2022
Mynd44:

ortom is greater than buhari for standing up to the terrorism of the fulani tribe. I will praise him even if that is the only thing he did as governor of Benue. Show me what the governor from your state has done and leave Ortom to fight for his people. You need to be live first before using road and other infrastructure.
Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by Tumbulum: 5:25am On Feb 07, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
HE Ortom has a PhD in PMB Bashing yet he is being condemned by most Benue citizens that he is a failure in leadership.
paid to write rubbish just because he stood to your terrorist Fulani tribe. Let me tell you that not everyone is a coward who will hide and not speak in the face of impending evil.
Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by Tumbulum: 5:28am On Feb 07, 2022
walemoney007:
I'm extremely weak bro

fulani terrorist are out to tarnish Ortoms image just because he stood up to their ethnic cleansing and said no to it. Now they are writing rubbish all over the media. Show me what your governor did in your own state. What has the federal government done with all the money they borrowed from China? Only refurbished trains running on old tracks?
Re: BREAKING: 15Months To Go Another Bad Market Strikes Ortom by tit(f): 5:48am On Feb 07, 2022
Mynd44:

So this lie lie woman fit tell truth for once?

(1) (Reply)

Striking Resemblance Between What The West Did To Ukraine And Nigeria / 2023: “I Will Cut Down The Cost Of Governance If Voted Into Power” Peter Obi / APC Campaign Twitter Account Promoting Peter Obi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.