Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? (15406 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Oyehomie(m): 9:34am On Feb 10, 2022
Berryli:
you are supposed to use "been" in this instance. While "being"shows a state being or existence. E.g I was being candid but he got upset. (Use been when referring to past state)

Wrong....
Use 'been' with Anomalous verbs (i.e. has, have and had)
He has been
We have been
He had been
Use 'being' with linking verbs (i.e. is, were, was, are, am)
He is being
We were being
They are being
J was being
I am being

It's simple

'Been' is PAST PARTICIPLE of 'be'
'Being' is a gerund form of 'be'.

Cc @ Candidlady
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by mokoh(m): 9:42am On Feb 10, 2022
Some one ask me to explain what Is a bank like commercial bank is
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Walexx412: 9:43am On Feb 10, 2022
[quote author=Zazoopk post=110076562]My own in exam ,i cannot spell "TOTO"

You be mumu
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by FullBlastLight: 9:44am On Feb 10, 2022
Candidlady:
Ijust have a problem with been/being.. Dictionary can't seem to help... Idon tire for the word

Candidlady:
Ijust have a problem with been/being.. Dictionary can't seem to help... Idon tire for the word

Gal, open ur heart 2 it, it's very simple!

Anytime u use d word {verb} "has, have or had", what shld be used wit them in a sentence is d one wit double "e" i.e. "been"!

E.g.

1. "Have" u "been" there?

2. D lil boy "has" "been" laughing since!

3. If it "had" not rained 2day, d weather wld hv "been" bright!

4. Etc, etc!

Whereas, words like, "be, is, I'm, was, are or were", wil be followed wit d one wit "ing" i.e "being"!

E.g.

1. "I'm" jst "being" sarcastic abt it!

2. D pple "are" "being" hoodwinked by their politicians!

3. D footballer "is" "being" really spectacular 2day!

4. Avoid "being" banned here!

5. Etc, etc!
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by TheiaTalks: 9:48am On Feb 10, 2022
Omicron007:
Examination is actually the spoiler and vibe killer in schools. But, no one can actually progress in school without writing exams.

A lot of desperation and seriousness comes with examinations. Students try to avoid carry-overs while others aim at making the highest grades possible.

I was in the examination hall one certain day. In the middle of the exam, I just went blank. I wasted more than four minutes trying to write severe.
To make matters worse, the guy sitting to my right was our pastor and no matter the situation, he won't reply you during examination.
He later came and met me after the exam to apologize.

Share your own experience.

Can, is grin
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by TheiaTalks: 9:50am On Feb 10, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
I forgot the spelling of is back then 2006 when I was writing my WAEC, geography to be precise(map reading things). For like 3mins, I could not decipher if the spelling of is is i...s or s...i

At a time, I had to call on my neighbor to help me with the spelling angry

No be small thing

Funny how I had the same spelling problem: is...and in Geography too grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by bigfather(m): 10:39am On Feb 10, 2022
I was so blank that I couldn't spell d word Date !
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by ProElite: 10:57am On Feb 10, 2022
Omicron007:
Examination is actually the spoiler and vibe killer in schools. But, no one can actually progress in school without writing exams.

A lot of desperation and seriousness comes with examinations. Students try to avoid carry-overs while others aim at making the highest grades possible.

I was in the examination hall one certain day. In the middle of the exam, I just went blank. I wasted more than four minutes trying to write severe.
To make matters worse, the guy sitting to my right was our pastor and no matter the situation, he won't reply you during examination.

Catarrh ....abi kata abi Cater .....
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Baba40(f): 11:08am On Feb 10, 2022
IF
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by labisibrass(m): 11:21am On Feb 10, 2022
' white'
I nearly craze that day grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by lokito: 11:48am On Feb 10, 2022
Ai, eff

If

And I read am o
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by emmynet007(m): 11:54am On Feb 10, 2022
Omicron007:

Just on Tuesday, I forgot the spelling of especially. You need to see me spelling stuffs like expetially �
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Jerrite(m): 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
This was not in an exam situation though, it still rings funny in my head grin We were taking notes from a dictation in primary school, (Primary 4 or 5 then) when the whole class stopped at a point, all of us couldn't remember how to spell "with". For like five minutes, the teacher was still dictating and we were just looking at ourselves, all bewildered and lost until he noticed.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Berryli: 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
Oyehomie:

Wrong....
Use 'been' with Anomalous verbs (i.e. has, have and had)
He has been
We have been
He had been
Use 'being' with linking verbs (i.e. is, were, was, are, am)
He is being
We were being
They are being
J was being
I am being

It's simple

'Been' is PAST PARTICIPLE of 'be'
'Being' is a gerund form of 'be'.

Cc @ Candidlady
so how is what I typed different from yours?
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Oyehomie(m): 11:20pm On Feb 10, 2022
Berryli:
so how is what I typed different from yours?
Totally different...Please check what you wrote...past state
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by petite626: 10:41am On Feb 12, 2022
i swear being/been has disgraced me more than torn clothes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unaab 2nd Batch Admission List Is Out / Imo State Begins Construction Of Marine University… / Vacation To Chicago During Strike Is For Collaboration Discussions - UNICAL VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.