Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight (10322 Views)

Tribalism And Zoning Aside, Nigeria's Best Choice For Presidency In 2023 / Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight / Deji Adeyanju Blames PDP And Fayose Over The Loss Of Ekiti Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by MartinsOnyx(m): 7:13am On Feb 09, 2022
As the debate on power shift and zoning continues to engulf the political space, the importance of putting this besieging subject in proper perspective cannot be hyperbolized. In order to get rid of the pervading conjectures and adulterated opinions, this topic has to be swiftly put to bed.

Putting it rather charitably, the towncriers amplifying this clamour for the main opposition party, the PDP to zone its ticket to the South are either meddlesome interlopers or just up to mischief aimed at satiating their inordinate desires.

True to its billing as a party deeply rooted on the principles of equity, fairness and justice; the PDP, from 1999 till date has always zoned its elective positions on the basis of a North/South oscillation and vice versa. For avoidance of conflicts, let it be unequivocally stated that this rotation policy remains a domestic intra-party mechanism incubated by the founding fathers of the PDP to engender unity and inclusiveness. Also, nothing in the Nigerian constitution mandates parties to negotiate a power sharing formula among themselves. Thus, we run foul of no law.

Let it be on record that there was never a time since the formation of the PDP, that it went into an alliance or agreement with other parties to create some sort of uniform template on any issue; talk less zoning.The egalitarian podium on which our great party stands, certainly leaves no room for hobnobbing with its ideologically inferior counterparts. Ideally, one size hardly fits all.

In apparent deference to zoning, history shows that there has always been an exchange of baton along dichotomic lines since 1999 till we lost power in 2015. Olusegun Obasanjo; a Southerner, handed over the reins to Umaru Musa Yar'adua (R.I.P); a Northerner. Owing to the latter's demise, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan; a Southerner completed his principal's tenure before vying for his own mandate which culminated in the loss of power in 2015.

Between 1999 and 2015 that the PDP held sway, Presidents of southern extraction occupied the exalted office for over 13 out of the total period of 16 years. This figure amounts to a whopping value of 81%. Like they say, numbers don't lie. After the manipulated defeat of the party's candidate in 2019, the right of first refusal for the 2023 ticket still belongs to the North.

Arguing against this lucid position only reeks of political expediency. Ultimately, he who demands equity must not approach it with leprous hands. Matter of fact, the moral burden is now on the ruling APC, to emulate the PDP by respecting the plurality of its members ethnic and religious diversity. However, it is nobody's business if the party chooses the path of ignominy for which it has gained unprecedented notoriety.

In synopsis, issues such as zoning; though delicate, are strictly party affairs and our party's precedence shows the premium we place on it. With our pride of place as the biggest political party in Nigeria, our decisions should not pander to the whims, emotional outbursts and monkey tricks of rival parties. Lest we fail.

North or South, let the party reign supreme. God bless the PDP!! God bless Nigeria!!!

E-signed,
Hon. Abdul-Azeez Akinsanya,
Zonal Coordinator SW,
Atiku Support Organisation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by OYENIYIJK: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2022
FTC wowwwww

Check my signature bosses.
Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Homiesjinxbank: 7:30am On Feb 09, 2022
North all the way

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by davimus(m): 7:30am On Feb 09, 2022
FTC
Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by yusluvad(m): 7:31am On Feb 09, 2022
PDP is only trying to justify nonsense here...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Mintum: 7:31am On Feb 09, 2022
Dr Kayode Fayemi 2023!!!
Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Dawn91(m): 7:31am On Feb 09, 2022
Amaechi Zulum 2023

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by sotall(m): 7:32am On Feb 09, 2022
embarassed

This is the reality of the PDP.

Its the North's turn in the PDP.

13 Likes

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by awoniyi1236(m): 7:32am On Feb 09, 2022
Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by DemMannaScam: 7:33am On Feb 09, 2022
Werey

[s]
MartinsOnyx:
As the debate on power shift and zoning continues to engulf the political space, the importance of putting this besieging subject in proper perspective cannot be hyperbolized. In order to get rid of the pervading conjectures and adulterated opinions, this topic has to be swiftly put to bed.

Putting it rather charitably, the towncriers amplifying this clamour for the main opposition party, the PDP to zone its ticket to the South are either meddlesome interlopers or just up to mischief aimed at satiating their inordinate desires.

True to its billing as a party deeply rooted on the principles of equity, fairness and justice; the PDP, from 1999 till date has always zoned its elective positions on the basis of a North/South oscillation and vice versa. For avoidance of conflicts, let it be unequivocally stated that this rotation policy remains a domestic intra-party mechanism incubated by the founding fathers of the PDP to engender unity and inclusiveness. Also, nothing in the Nigerian constitution mandates parties to negotiate a power sharing formula among themselves. Thus, we run foul of no law.

Let it be on record that there was never a time since the formation of the PDP, that it went into an alliance or agreement with other parties to create some sort of uniform template on any issue; talk less zoning.The egalitarian podium on which our great party stands, certainly leaves no room for hobnobbing with its ideologically inferior counterparts. Ideally, one size hardly fits all.

In apparent deference to zoning, history shows that there has always been an exchange of baton along dichotomic lines since 1999 till we lost power in 2015. Olusegun Obasanjo; a Southerner, handed over the reins to Umaru Musa Yar'adua (R.I.P); a Northerner. Owing to the latter's demise, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan; a Southerner completed his principal's tenure before vying for his own mandate which culminated in the loss of power in 2015.

Between 1999 and 2015 that the PDP held sway, Presidents of southern extraction occupied the exalted office for over 13 out of the total period of 16 years. This figure amounts to a whopping value of 81%. Like they say, numbers don't lie. After the manipulated defeat of the party's candidate in 2019, the right of first refusal for the 2023 ticket still belongs to the North.

Arguing against this lucid position only reeks of political expediency. Ultimately, he who demands equity must not approach it with leprous hands. Matter of fact, the moral burden is now on the ruling APC, to emulate the PDP by respecting the plurality of its members ethnic and religious diversity. However, it is nobody's business if the party chooses the path of ignominy for which it has gained unprecedented notoriety.

In synopsis, issues such as zoning; though delicate, are strictly party affairs and our party's precedence shows the premium we place on it. With our pride of place as the biggest political party in Nigeria, our decisions should not pander to the whims, emotional outbursts and monkey tricks of rival parties. Lest we fail.

North or South, let the party reign supreme. God bless the PDP!! God bless Nigeria!!!

E-signed,
Hon. Abdul-Azeez Akinsanya,
Zonal Coordinator SW,
Atiku Support Organisation.

[/s]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by walozanga(m): 7:33am On Feb 09, 2022
Pdp!!!!! Fawa 2 d fiful

1 Like

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Truthisunique2: 7:33am On Feb 09, 2022
Some are trying to blackmail pdp into going south because they know their own southern candidate from the other party would loose against a strong Northerner

We know how this works, apc didn't find another southerner to replace gej, they went north

Every party has it's zoning guide, akeredolu can keep ranting

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by MrCGPA(m): 7:34am On Feb 09, 2022
No matter the Grammar, power must be Shifted to the Southern Region of Nigeria. Abokis are very wise politically. If you dare field any Aboki as president either in APC or PDP, they will align with the person and forget about mere political party Name. Power must be shifted to the Southern Nigeria.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Fathai(m): 7:35am On Feb 09, 2022
This one don collect money. I don't always understand why northerners avoid to talk about the years of military rule they wasted for we Nigerians. Imagine the nonsense this current government is doing under the leadership of Buhari. People are wise now, and I believe the southerners this time around will show the core northerners that they are the one that make this country work. No be by cow talking.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by kebesobase(m): 7:36am On Feb 09, 2022
PDP is in a dilemma; one hurdle is how to return to the center, the other, is to find the right person to give them victory between the North and South. It is obvious that with the woeful performance of Buhari who is from that region, Nigerians may not want another Northern in. My take

8 Likes

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Tb222(m): 7:37am On Feb 09, 2022
A right candidate is what we need.

2 Likes

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Judolisco(m): 7:37am On Feb 09, 2022
Wike and kwankwaso will win any election nxt year... But pdp neva still get sense

3 Likes

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by pelhurmy(m): 7:38am On Feb 09, 2022
In summary, PDP wants to field a Northerner in person of Atiku.
Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by specialmati(m): 7:39am On Feb 09, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin PDP the legendary thieving party, let me see who they will present as presidential candidate.if them like let them field another old northern

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 09, 2022
His Excellency, Chief, Barr, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, is the will of God, Amen.... Nyesom Wike Leeeeeeeeee, it's time to rebuild Nigeria for good...

2 Likes

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:41am On Feb 09, 2022
For a nation like Nigeria, zoning remains the best. And there's no zone that can't produce a credible candidate to rule Nigeria for eight years. Never!

1 Like

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:42am On Feb 09, 2022
southern Nigeria are just bunch of funny people, see there is no debate on this thrash

the three south should contest under APC and PDP, Anyone that win each primary face themselves at the General election

what's hard in this common sense, Southeast, Southwest, south south should all be given a platform to contest unbiasedly in APC and PDP and let the winner of primary election face the other winner in PDP

Southerners say no to Northern candidate in the major two parties. BIG NONSENSE

2 Likes

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Creamz(m): 7:42am On Feb 09, 2022
The north was given the ticket in 2019. The candidate failed to win. So that's not anybody fault in PDP

8 Likes

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by ybalogs(m): 7:43am On Feb 09, 2022
There is a reason we don't like taking our wives to events where there are female friends we grew up with.
By
Driving back from the event . . . . �

Wife : So those girls are your childhood friends �.

Me : Yes Babes; they are . . . . Cool people yah?�

Wife : You and Dineo look close �.

Me : We go back along way, you could say that hahahaha..

Wife : Hmmm . . . . I could tell from the way she hugged you.�

Me : What do you mean Babe?

Wife : I'm just saying the hug looked intimate, something about the way she held you and took time to let go . . . . the way she looked into your eyes.

Me : But Lerato and Natasha hugged me too�

Wife : Not the way Dineo did. You know what _ let's leave it.

Me : Okay Babes.

Wife : It's funny how she spent more time talking to you than talking to other guys at the bash. Her jokes are not even funny. �

Me : I thought we were leaving it.

Wife : All I'm saying is she must learn to respect other peoples' men in their presence. If I didn't know any better I would think you sleeping with her.�

Me : How did this escalate that far now?�

Wife : Ohhhh . . . . did I strike a nerve?�

Me : It's just that I don't see what you talking about babe..

Wife : Oh . . . . so you are defending her now?�

Me : No, I don't know what you talking about.

Wife : I know what I saw; unless you think I'm crazy. �

Me : Look at this idiot skipping the light.�

Wife : Oohhhhh hahaha !!! You gonna change the subject now?

Wife : At least he skipped a light. He is not getting inappropriate hugs from sluts. �

Me : How does an irresponsible driver compare to me giving a friend a hug? Really now !!!

Wife : Hehehehe. Do you want her? Am I standing in your way? Let me out the car, go to her. I'm not stopping you. ��

Me : Baby have I ever given you reason not to trust me? . . . . . Ever . . . . �

Wife : �. . . . (folding hands).

Me : Answer me.

Wife : Just drive the car. �

Me : Mmmmm.

Silence for 5min.

Wife : (talking to herself) .Hmmm . Childhood friend..��‍♂️��

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by busybiz: 7:43am On Feb 09, 2022
Odua Nation and Biafra come to mind with your anticipated North's senselessness.
Only the deep will discern.

1 Like

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by ybalogs(m): 7:43am On Feb 09, 2022
Amaechi all the way.
Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Chapii: 7:45am On Feb 09, 2022
So PDP is running a seperate country from Nigeria abi? No wahala. They will govern themselves if they field a Northern candidate.

5 Likes

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by ybalogs(m): 7:45am On Feb 09, 2022
kebesobase:
PDP is in a dilemma; one hurdle is how to return to the center, the other, is to find the right person to give them victory between the North and South. It is obvious that with the woeful performance of Buhari who is from that region, Nigerians may not want another Northern in. My take
It's not about Nigerian wanting now as the North will always want to retain power and they are the vast majority. How do we ensure they don't dictate who becomes president? That sure is a major problem.

1 Like

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by Bobloco: 7:45am On Feb 09, 2022
Atiku is coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight by ybalogs(m): 7:47am On Feb 09, 2022
exey:
let them zone the presidential ticket to south if truely they want to have a good lead come 2023
Who is credible enough from the south?? As far as I'm concerned a third party is the only solution but we know that's never going to work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact / 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha / Chief Molade Okoya Thomas, The Founder Of Eleganza Group, Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.