Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel (37819 Views)

University Of Abuja Student Burns Down Her Hostel While Holding A Knife / 400-level Bayero University Student Found Dead In Her Hostel (Photo) / Student's Noodles She Was Cooking In Her Hostel Stolen From The Burner (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by maticar: 6:32am On Feb 10, 2022
They will now send bricklayers to go and close it properly after damage has been done

Summary of nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by yomislim: 6:32am On Feb 10, 2022
obedugo:
Fresh breasts and soft waist gone like that ... RIP
you don't have to write the former just to pass your message, it's sickening bro... mtcheeew.

4 Likes

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by SmartPolician: 6:32am On Feb 10, 2022
Now the useless septic tank has killed the poor lady, they will go and cover it.

I don't know who cursed Nigeria and Nigerians!

May her soul rest in perfect peace!

2 Likes

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by yemmight(m): 6:34am On Feb 10, 2022
Can you imagine how a beautiful soul was wasted by a very useless government. Rest in peace damsel.
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by Benwallt(m): 6:36am On Feb 10, 2022
Are you this gal was not drop into that hole? Police should investigate this.
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by IboHausaYoruba: 6:38am On Feb 10, 2022
This is just too saddened. Very avoidable death, OAU should be held for negligence.

2 Likes

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by bestpunterever: 6:38am On Feb 10, 2022
Angrygoat:
She must have been doing runs early. No tears for the dead. They sent u to school,u went thr to be doing big gal and I'm so fucking sure,she dey press phone dey waka.hahahahaha. . When they get to uni,they become something else. Esp from 100 to 300level
you are truly an angry goat! a goat indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by Geesaintagape: 6:39am On Feb 10, 2022
Naija failed u.
RIP .

1 Like

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by Easy5265: 6:39am On Feb 10, 2022
UDOKABESTLUV:
Update From . COM

A 100-level student of the Department of Linguistics and African Studies, Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Osun state, has died after she accidentally fell into a septic tank in her hostel on Wednesday February 9, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Heritage was said to be packing her clothes that she had washed earlier when she suddenly slipped into the septic tank in the hostel where students are allegedly asked to pay as much as N200,000 for a bed space.

Confirming Her Death to , the University's Students’ Union president, Ogunperi Taofeek Olalekan, in a statement released, said

''Heritage Ajibola, the Linguistics and African Languages student who accidentally fell into the soakaway this afternoon at Bver Hostel, Maintenance Hostels, is confirmed dead!

This incident is highly unfortunate. The Union mourns her. May her soul rest in peace. May God give her family, friends and course mates the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.

It must be noted that Heritage's death was avoidable if the soakaway system was properly constructed and covered. It is saddening that this has happened despite the huge amounts of money paid by students for rent. The Management of the Hostel must answer for the death of Heritage. The Union is immediately demanding justice for Heritage, with a view to forestalling a possible reoccurrence of this.

Amandla! Ngawethu!

One of the SUG excos told Online Source, that the Vice-Chancellor of the school visited the scene of the incident this evening and promised to ensure that necessary actions are taken.

The school authority is yet to release an official statement on the incident.

Meanwhile, students of the school have taken to social media to react to the unfortunate incident. They called for sanctions to be taken against the management of the hostel where the incident happened.

Source: BLOG

No consequence, a repeat is certain. Someone has to pay for this sort of negligence.

1 Like

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by CXLVII: 6:43am On Feb 10, 2022
Sad…
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by Pacyrus(m): 6:43am On Feb 10, 2022
So sad sad
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by therajah: 6:43am On Feb 10, 2022
reidkrugger:
How on Earth did that happen in a school? If na exam now Dem nor go hesitate to give you zero if you nor cover the septic tank after Dem ask you, how it's been constructed o.
It's off campus sir

1 Like

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by therajah: 6:44am On Feb 10, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
This is just too saddened. Very avoidable death, OAU should be held for negligence.
How and why? It's not their hostel

1 Like

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:44am On Feb 10, 2022
Sh*thole school

1 Like

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by dejio42(m): 6:45am On Feb 10, 2022
cry omg, a fresh student fell victim of negligence on campus development. Is it a crime for her father or mother to have support her education.
Over government needs to value human lifes too...like they value their bank account
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 10, 2022
I despise Nigerians schools. Such backwardness
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by elasticlala: 6:46am On Feb 10, 2022
There are too many things that could kill a human being in that OAU. For the 8yrs I spent there, there are some paths I dare not cross, some areas I do not go and some things I do not ever go close to; eg streetlights and flaps placed on top of deep gutters as footpath…. God forbid.

RIP young beauty.
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by KingAzubuike(f): 6:47am On Feb 10, 2022
Nigerians will always wait for a fatal accident to happen before they take actions on something preventable.

Meanwhile that girl go sweet mehn. Fresh Bobby and kpekus just gone like that? Damn.

1 Like

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by Tobest94: 6:47am On Feb 10, 2022
Angrygoat:
She must have been doing runs early. No tears for the dead. They sent u to school,u went thr to be doing big gal and I'm so fucking sure,she dey press phone dey waka.hahahahaha. . When they get to uni,they become something else. Esp from 100 to 300level. How the fuc k is it possible,is the soakaway as wide as 10 feet,no,its just a small opening,but shakara, forming and big gal landed her where she's at. Na she be the only person wey dey the hostel. I hate proud useless lazy student. The other day one was crossing the road walking slowly with style ,and I dey on top speed. Na God save me that day. It's like u r very pressed,instead of running to piss,u dey cat walk. Oya na
you just open mouth and talk rubbish as if you were there when it happened. You should be arrested and detained for questioning as a witness self

1 Like

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by bayelsaowei(m): 6:48am On Feb 10, 2022
everythinggirly:
May Nigeria's lack of the provision of social amenities not kill us.
it is killing us and always been killing us...
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by dingbang(m): 6:49am On Feb 10, 2022
She didnt see that the pit was opened or what?
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by tuzle(m): 6:49am On Feb 10, 2022
reidkrugger:
How on Earth did that happen in a school? If na exam now Dem nor go hesitate to give you zero if you nor cover the septic tank after Dem ask you, how it's been constructed o.
I don't think it is the school hostel it self. maybe rented hostel outside school
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by Blessed4sure: 6:49am On Feb 10, 2022
It's such a sad occurrence.

But the hostel isn't owned by the school, boss.

It's one of the private hostels off-campus.

MufasaLion:
Sad! I condole with the family and friends.

It's really disappointing but not surprising that such scenario would have happened in an institution like that. In this modern world, they still have a septic tank that needs maintenance but ignored fixing it at the expense of students' lives. I wonder what they use the money paid by the students for.

It's really sad! What a shithole country!
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by Gate050: 6:51am On Feb 10, 2022
Now we are all see indecent photos of her they could only got to show us after her death? Meaning... That's the most decent picture they could get. When we are telling you useless girls to dress right but NO you won't listen because of the ugliness in you, you'd to show us some skin. Ugly being!

1 Like

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by lolu2019: 6:51am On Feb 10, 2022
Rip girl.And some people will still come and tell u that OAU is better than some private universities.
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by Nicenixon: 6:53am On Feb 10, 2022
yemmight:
Can you imagine how a beautiful soul was wasted by a very useless government. Rest in peace damsel.
The hostel is not owned by the school management, it is even outside the school, it is owned by private individual but still, all those hostels outside the school ought to be supervised by school management at least four times in a year.

1 Like

Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by israelmao(m): 6:54am On Feb 10, 2022
One wonders what is then great about OAU?You collect huge sum of money from students yet your service delivery is not commensurate with the fees paid.There's so much rot in the public education in Nigeria and that is why the private sector is cashing in on that through outrageous fees .That is why many private educational institutions offer paltry sum to graduates irrespective of the their educational qualifications.A star,a future mother and pride of her parents has ended up her life in her prime for needless and unnecessary danger that would've been forestalled.
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by lolu2019: 6:54am On Feb 10, 2022
Useless leaders everywhere.
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by NOwazobia: 6:54am On Feb 10, 2022
In Nigeria, until something tragic occur, the proper thing will never be done.
Re: Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel by symbianDON(m): 6:55am On Feb 10, 2022
Quite horrifying!!!! What sad end for this young lady. May God grant her family strength

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Categories Of Students Who Will Benefit From ASUU Strike / "My Boyfriend Encouraged Me" –UNILORIN Best Anatomy Graduate / Primary School Best Graduating Student Gets New House As Gift In Rivers. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.