Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? - TV/Movies (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? (64925 Views)

Poll: Choose your favorite three 'action!' screamers

Steven Spielberg: 32% (75 votes)
Martin Scorsese: 26% (61 votes)
Francis Ford Coppola: 9% (21 votes)
Quentin Tarantino: 18% (42 votes)
Peter Jackson: 11% (26 votes)
Michael Bay: 1% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Whos The Most Beautiful Lady In Hollywood / Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? / Charmed - Luv It Or Hate It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 9:28am On Jan 05, 2012
spikedcylinder:

I guess this isn't about directors anymore.
I'm so out of loop with movies! All these names seem alien to me as all I keep watching are European foreign language films these days.
Ice ice baby, how you dey na? tongue

Spikey dearie, which chinese films have you been watching? grin  Maybe there will be one interesting one for there tongue
I'm fine oo.  Still here lipsrsealed  You nko?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2012
iice:

Lmao!
Some movies do look promising. Until you see it.
I'll try to slip one of the trilogy in this weekend. I'm only half way through with homeland.

I really can't wait for your feedback on Homeland. Oh heem gee! Meanwhile Spartacus is coming back in a few weeks. Yaaaay! And Revenge was rather boring last night. I was like snooze fest much? *rollseyes*
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 6:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
Who is blaspheming Steven Spielberg's holy name? Chika98! You must to like horse feem oh. Or the gods will not rest until etc etc.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2012
vescucci:

Who is blaspheming Steven Spielberg's holy name? Chika98! You must to like horse feem oh. Or the gods will not rest until etc etc.

Lmao! See threat na. Abeg make una free me. I no follow una for all that deep theatrical philosophies. I'm just a movie buff who loves to be entertained and I don't see how I'll be by watching a bunch of horses jumping around during the cold war abi it is WW2? LOL! Okay now you all can g'head and eat me alive. * runs away from thread*
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 7:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
Yeah, you better run. But you can't hide sha
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 2:57am On Jan 14, 2012
Golden Globes is on Sunday. Any predictions? I think Downtown Abbey will win for Best Mini series
Now Game of thrones is nominated with Homeland, American Horror story, Boss and Boardwalk empire. .Who do you lot think will win?

The critics choice awards was on last night and Viola won for The help so I guess it is safe to say that she
might be a strong contender for Oscars? Her speech was brilliant and humble.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:11am On Jan 14, 2012
HBO must take something. Whatever it takes, i'm happy.

But i want Jessica Lange to win for AHS.

And just to throw a wrench in things, Jeremy Irons for The Borgias.

I haven't seen Downton Abbey. All those women in the poster just didn't encourage me. Even if i love period pieces undecided

I'm only half way through with Dragon Girl (name too long to type).
Is the American version anywhere near the original?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2012
I know HBO will take something.
A few times I've tried to watch Downtown Abbey; I got incredibly bored and trust me I love Masterpiece Classics
and I watch/have watched most of the ones shown on PBS. For some odd reason, I just couldn't get into it but
I've caught glimpses of it and I feel it will win grin

Dragon tattoo I haven't watched the American verison because I'm waiting for a good DVD quality to hit online cool

Now before the Oscars I have to watch the Descendants , Money ball, Iron lady, the artist, the help. . Okay I have
lots of em to watch. cry cry
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2012
Just finished dragon lady tongue
Not bad. But - and I prolly will be stoned - I don't see what people mean by Noomi owning the role of Lisbeth undecided
There's still two more to go.

Hah, i'm with you on the movies to watch o.

chika98:

A few times I've tried to watch Downtown Abbey; I got incredibly bored and trust me I love Masterpiece Classics
and I watch/have watched most of the ones shown on PBS. For some odd reason, I just couldn't get into it but
I've caught glimpses of it and I feel it will win grin
Lol! You suppose give me incentive to watch it na.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 8:11pm On Jan 14, 2012
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE - DRAMA
Glenn Close - Albert Nobbs
Viola Davis - The Help
Rooney Mara - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady
Tilda Swinton - We Need to Talk About Kevin

My Prediction: Viola Davis, Rooney Mara or Meryl Streep wins this category. Lets wait and see anyway.

BEST MOTION PICTURE - COMEDY OR MUSICAL
50/50 (Summit Entertainment)
The Artist (The Weinstein Company)
Bridesmaids (Universal Pictures)
Midnight in Paris (Sony Pictures Classics)
My Week with Marilyn (The Weinstein Company)

My prediction: The Artist, Bridesmaids or Midnight in Paris.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 11:31pm On Jan 14, 2012
Listen I think it is quite laughable that Bridesmaids is nominated for best motion picture even. Surely they're taking the mickey.

Now I'd like Viola to win tomorrow. The Artist will clear some awards tomorrow. Mark my words.

Iice: LOL! Give it whirl if you fancy it. I just can't get into it for some reason. Tell me a bit about it when you do wink
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2012
BEST MOTION PICTURE - DRAMA
The Descendants (Fox Searchlight Pictures)
The Help (DreamWorks Pictures)
Hugo (Paramount Pictures)
The Ides of March (Columbia Pictures)
Moneyball (Columbia Pictures)
War Horse (DreamWorks Pictures)

My prediction: This is a tough one.

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
The Adventures of Tintin
Arthur Christmas
Cars 2
Puss In Boots
Rango

My prediction: Rango, Tintin or Arthur Christmas
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 10:13pm On Jan 15, 2012
I would love for Ryan Gosling to win something. He's nominated for Best performance by an actor in a motion picture "Crazy stupid love"
He's also nominated for best supporting actor for Ides of March. I pray he wins this one because his performance was amazing in Ides of March
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2012
Kai, Chika! Stop showing off! You're making me feel terrible I've not seen all these movies sad
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2012
vescucci:

Kai, Chika! Stop showing off! You're making me feel terrible I've not seen all these movies sad

LOL! At all. Did you see my HUGE list of movies I have to see before the Oscars. I haven't even scratched the top.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2012
Too bad he didn't win. Hopefully it doesn't stop him from giving awesome performances.
I haven't seen Crazy Stupid Love. I have an aversion to Steve Carrell. Just as i haven't seen 50/50 coz i despise Seth Rogen.

For the first time in a really really long time, i think Kidman looks smashing grin Oya pour me drink tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2012
@iice
Nominees for this year's BAFTAs will be announced tomorrow. Lets see how that goes.

'The Artist', 'The Descendants' and the TV series 'Homeland' won big at this year's Golden Globes.

Congrats Mr. Scorsese. smiley
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2012
Cool. Will wait to see the BAFTAs nominations.
I'm still Meryl for the win.

BTW i soooo love that Octavia Spencer speaks very differently from her character. Not one of those one tone people yes, Channing Tatum, i'm looking @ you
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
Oh and my lady Tilda was working the icy angle. Regardless of what they say, she's smashing! cheesy
Gotta watch that 'kevin' movie of hers.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 2:25am On Jan 17, 2012
LOL! Iice you're bonkers!

I love LOVE Tilda. She's fashion fab and androgynous cool. Anyone who can mix menswear and be feminine at the same time
is an inspiration to me. She looked amazing yesterday.

Now I'm a bit gutted that Ryan didn't win anything but he has a lot of time to prove himself so I'm not worried at all.

I thought it was an upset when Meryl Streep won for Iron Lady and Viola Davis was like the choice to win. So the Oscars
will be interesting for this category.

Channing is so gorgeous; I'll watch The Vow for sure. Erm Sofia is such an annoying pest! She should fly off that window with that
over Spanish accent of hers. Geez! I wanted to choke her so much last night. lipsrsealed

I agree. Kidman looked amazing last night. Ricky was also great. The never ending joke about Kim Kardashian and her entire existence. grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2012
Come Chika, you're apparently not a newbie on nl. How come I'm just noticing you in Movies? Hmmmn?

I haven't seen Iron Lady cuz it just came out recently (and cuz I haven't seen anything) but she's overdue jare. I'm tired of her almost winning. Let her win the Oscar even if she's second best. sad

Lol, Channing looks good but he's one dimensional na. The most outta character I've seen him is in one stupid film like that with Amanda Bynes. Ryan Phillippe used to be my favourite young actor. Ryan Gosling is kicking ass. I like Andrew Garfield too. There seems to be a lotta them.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2012
chika98:

LOL! Iice you're bonkers!

I love LOVE Tilda. She's fashion fab and androgynous cool. Anyone who can mix menswear and be feminine at the same time
is an inspiration to me. She looked amazing yesterday.

Thank you jare. The woman is just too much cheesy Can you imagine i read somewhere that she didn't look too good. Heck she looks positively normal in that tuxedo/dress thing, and darn good too.

I'm with vesc on Meryl. She's overdue jare.
I agree with the Sophia thing jare. We know you're colombian, you play the same part. E don do ah ah.

Channing = ------- lipsrsealed
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
Say jare one more time, I dare you! I double dare you @*#)/!

tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:33pm On Jan 17, 2012
Jare

grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
vescucci:

Come Chika, you're apparently not a newbie on nl. How come I'm just noticing you in Movies? Hmmmn?

My stay on NL is unstable. Often times I go months without logging on. I get tired of the monotony.

Anyway I'm here now and will disappear when I get bored with it again. I never did post much on Movies though
and that's probably why you haven't seen me on here
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Somzie(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2012
wateva happened to Tyler Perry or John Singleton?

but off ur list i must say Scorcese tops da list even tho he's partially racist
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikedcylinder: 6:16am On Jan 19, 2012
iice:

Spikey dearie, which chinese films have you been watching? grin  Maybe there will be one interesting one for there tongue
I'm fine oo.  Still here lipsrsealed  You nko?

Ice ice baby, I'm cool o. Nice to 'see' you again jare. I'm cool mehnnnn. cool

Somzie:

wateva happened to Tyler Perry or John Singleton?

but off your list i must say Scorcese tops da list even tho he's partially racist

Lol! You've got jokes. grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2012
I meant to say this but kept forgetting.

Why is it people are all over this Jessica Chastain person for 'The Help'?
No one really mentioned Bryce Dallas Howard undecided I had to check the cast if i was mistaking the redheads for each other.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
Bump
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Briareos(m): 2:43am On Oct 22, 2012
These are my favourites. And oh yeah... in order, too.

0. Christopher Nolan
1. Steven Spielberg
2. Martin Scorsese
3. Stanley Kubrick
4. Steven Soderbergh
5. Zack Snyder
6. James Cameron
7. Andy Wachowski and Lana (Larry) Wachowski
8. Quentin Tarantino
9. Michael Bay
10. Woody Allen
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 5:29am On Oct 22, 2012
I guess I need to revise my list for it was made back in 2007. Five years ago. A lotta stuff has happened in five years

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (Reply)

Kiddwaya Offers Cee-C N120 Million To Leave The Big Brother All Stars House / Bisola's Baby Daddy, Olanrewaju Malcolm: Leave My Daughter Out Of Bisola's Life / BBNaija: Omashola Squeezes Mercy's Butt At The Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.