Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

CLOSED - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / CLOSED (6974 Views)

Topic closed. / What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? / Port Harcourt Airport (phc) Closed Until December! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CLOSED by Vicjustice: 9:37am On Jun 24, 2011
[size=99pt]CLOSED[/size]
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 9:40am On Jun 24, 2011
@Vicjustice

Learning is Living Enterprises is not one of the companies located in this address in canada as the agent claimed. You can check that out urself.

1562 Lonsdale Avenue
PO Box - 54092
North Vancouver, British Columbia
Re: CLOSED by Vicjustice: 9:43am On Jun 24, 2011
It is the same company, they have a branch in Nigeria while their headquarter is in Canada
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 9:48am On Jun 24, 2011
Vicjustice:

It is the same company, they have a branch in Nigeria while their headquarter is in Canada

. . .but there is no company called Learning is Living Enterprises Canada located at 1562 Lonsdale Avenue
PO Box - 54092
North Vancouver,  British Columbia
in Canada, there are couple of businesses located at the address and the services they render are listed, Learning is Living Enterprises Canada is not one of them.
Re: CLOSED by Vicjustice: 10:05am On Jun 24, 2011
Well, you might have your reasons to doubt them, but i have a valid reason to believe in them, and as i have personally tried their legitimacy and i'm convinced beyond reasonable doubt that this is indeed a genuine and scam free agency.
I know someone who was in correspondence with them as well, and this is the contents of one of her emails:

"Hi, my name is Mrs.***** ****** *****, i am responding to the info i found on your website; that your company can provide documentation to aid my visa application for Canada. Now, i do have credentials and valid documents, but i am lacking one thing and that is BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENT, so, could you help to provide this for me, and if yes, how much will that cost me?
Waiting to hear for you.
"
Now, any fake "Visa Agent" would definitely have taken advantage of this and rip her off, but how surprised i was when the agency strictly refused to participate in that.
Re: CLOSED by claremont(m): 10:07am On Jun 24, 2011
Vicjustice:

ARE YOU IN NEED OF A LEGITIMATE TRAVEL AGENT? THEN, GO FOR "LEARNING-IS-LIVING" TRAVEL AGENCY?   
   I have personally checked this company in disguise, and i am impressed at how they conducted their services and information, strictly refusing to participate or provide me with something inappropriate therefore, i've decided to create this thread of reccommendation on behalf of the agent with the username 1-WORLD and i have this to say:

Please all, let no one misjudge this poster, "1-WORLD". This is the one poster that i can put my hand on my chest and confidently declare that his agency deals are absolutely legitimate and scam free, i have personally tested them and have this to say: Their travel agency with its URL at www.learningisliving.ca is 100% legitimate and trusted, there is absolutely no scam in their dealings.

Note: i am not paid to do this neither am i involved with anyone participating in the Travel Agency, but i just felt i should make Nigerians know about their legitimacy as this company has earned my ultimate trust.
Is that really worth anything these days?!
Re: CLOSED by Vicjustice: 10:11am On Jun 24, 2011
claremont:

And why contributing to it if it's worth nothing to you, Hater?
Re: CLOSED by claremont(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2011
Vicjustice:

And why contributing to it if it's worth nothing to you, Hater?
Your "ultimate trust" may mean something to you and Justwise, but it is worth nothing to other Nairalandersgrin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CLOSED by busybody20: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2011
@vicjustice,

Vicjustice:

Well, you might have your reasons to doubt them, but i have a valid reason to believe in them, and as i have personally tried their legitimacy and i'm convinced beyond reasonable doubt that this is indeed a genuine and scam free agency.
I know someone who was in correspondence with them as well, and this is the contents of one of her emails:

"Hi, my name is Mrs.***** ****** *****, i am responding to the info i found on your website; that your company can provide documentation to aid my visa application for Canada. Now, i do have credentials and valid documents, but i am lacking one thing and that is BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENT, so, could you help to provide this for me, and if yes, how much will that cost me?
Waiting to hear for you.
"
 [size=16pt] Now, any fake "Visa Agent" would definitely have taken advantage of this and rip her off, but how surprised i was when the agency strictly refused to participate in that.[/size]

LOL. Is that enough reason to trust an Agent?  grin There are other ways to be ripped off.

The same way a popular person (Moderator) trusted a popular and once respectable member of nairaland (until she scammed him $14,000  grin naija for show

Wetin consign mi sef (scam or not)  undecided  no be my wahala  undecided   tongue  
Re: CLOSED by WAVixen: 11:24am On Jun 24, 2011
busybody20:

@vicjustice,

LOL. Is that enough reason to trust an Agent?  grin There are other ways to be ripped off.

The same way a popular person (Moderator) trusted a popular and once respectable member of nairaland (until she scammed him $14,000  grin naija for show

Wetin consign mi sef (scam or not)  undecided  no be my wahala  undecided   tongue  

kai, na wa o. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I beg to indulge you, who be these people. So we sef go learn.
Re: CLOSED by KissIkebe(f): 11:28am On Jun 24, 2011
claremont:

claremont:

Your "ultimate trust" may mean something to you and Justwise, but it is worth nothing to other Nairalandersgrin grin grin grin grin grin
what do you profit from being a busy body? such doesnt fit a "man" sad
Re: CLOSED by claremont(m): 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2011
Kiss_Ikebe:

what do you profit from being a busy body? such doesnt fit a "man" sad
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2011
@vicjustice

I actually thought that you have used their services or know somebody who have travelled to Paraguay or Canada to live, and benefited from their Spanish language program, football program or business conferences organised by[b] Learning is Living Enterprises Canada[/b]

The issue about bank statement is not necessary because 1-WORLD never promised one, they have given a Canadian address which turned out to be misleading.

Type that address now in Google map or Google search engine u will get all the info about companies located at the particular post code and address OR use Google map and see if there is any company with such name located there.

You only sing praises of an agent when u   patronise that agent, pay them and they deliver then u have every reason to shout their name for good.
Re: CLOSED by Vicjustice: 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2011
Actually, beside that email correspondence, I have had personal dealing with the company and i am convinced that it is indeed legitimate.
I do understand where you're coming from, and i can feel your reasons, though
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2011
Vicjustice:

Actually, beside that email correspondence, I have had personal dealing with the company [/b]and i am convinced that it is indeed legitimate.
I do understand where you're coming from, and i can feel your reasons, though

[b]Vicjustice
with due respect to you, i think you are being stingy with the truth.
Re: CLOSED by busybody20: 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2011
WAVixen:

kai, na wa o.  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  I beg to indulge you, who be these people. So we sef go learn.

heheheh u don miss o  grin

It was the fastest growing thread. In 2 days it had over 120 pages. . . . .Her relatives came to nl sef, eventually, the thread  was removed. Though some other site still have her details and story if you type her real name into google  embarassed

Scammer username platinumnk
victim   Inspired_m

I will get some 'commission' egunje  from you, if you need other details  grin  kiss
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2011
busybody20:

heheheh u don miss o  grin

It was the fastest growing thread. In 2 days it had over 120 pages. . . . .Her relatives came to nl sef, eventually, the thread  was removed. Though some other site still have her details and story if you type her real name into google  embarassed

Scammer username platinumnk
victim   Inspired_m

I will get some 'commission' egunje  from you, if you need other details  grin  kiss

Yes i remembered that story, she first accused The 'seeker' of scamming her then couple of weeks later she duped Inspired
Re: CLOSED by busybody20: 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2011
^^ Yeah! This thread is about Vicjustice's recommendation to 1-world grin Pls lets not derail the thread

Thank you kiss kiss
Re: CLOSED by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 24, 2011
Vicjustice:

ARE YOU IN NEED OF A LEGITIMATE TRAVEL AGENT? THEN, GO FOR "LEARNING-IS-LIVING" TRAVEL AGENCY?   
   I have personally checked this company in disguise, and i am impressed at how they conducted their services and information, strictly refusing to participate or provide me with something inappropriate therefore, i've decided to create this thread of reccommendation on behalf of the agent with the username 1-WORLD and i have this to say:

Please all, let no one misjudge this poster, "1-WORLD". This is the one poster that i can put my hand on my chest and confidently declare that his agency deals are absolutely legitimate and scam free, i have personally tested them and have this to say: Their travel agency with its URL at www.learningisliving.ca is 100% legitimate and trusted, there is absolutely no scam in their dealings.

Note: i am not paid to do this neither am i involved with anyone participating in the Travel Agency, but i just felt i should make Nigerians know about their legitimacy as this company has earned my ultimate trust.

OP, would you accepts liability for any lost or damage caused by 1_WORLD , or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information you provided about them?.
Re: CLOSED by mowaa: 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2011
This thread is misleading and am actually shocked it's coming from vcjustice
I mean how can u personally recommend something when u haven't tried any of their advertised services?
And to think you didn't even do a thorough research and realize the Canadian address given is false is very dis-appointing.
And when did not providing a bank statement a barometer for testing true and fake agents? I have seen a case where a fake agent claimed he only did USA visa and no other country visa when a potential victim insisted he wanted a Canadian visa.
Vcjuctice my point is that you are old and kinda respected on this forum, recommending a travel agent without trying or knowing someone that successfully use his/her service is a No No
Re: CLOSED by WAVixen: 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2011
We learn everyday, thanks for the info Just wise and Busybody. To be fore warned is to be fore armed.I 'sometimes see platmunk whatever some times. What a shame.
Re: CLOSED by Vicjustice: 2:59pm On Jun 24, 2011
justwise:

Vicjustice with due respect to you, i think you are being stingy with the truth.

I'm not at all economical with any truth, that's not my nature.

Justwise and co, i appreciate your concerns. But i wish to mention here that if you're condemning the Travel Agency for reason of your Google search of the address, then, you might be getting it wrong because many small business addresses are not featured when Google-searched especially when they are not well advertised.

TheCongo:

OP, would you accepts liability for any lost or damage caused by 1_WORLD , or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information you provided about them?.
  Lol, first of all, there's no legal ground for such liability: Well, as a matter of fact, i'm only giving my reccommendation, not a command as i don't have that power. However, i do expect that people know better than being too vulnerable as nothing is really risk free: Therefore, the reccommendation is mine, but it is up to any individual to also keep vigilant to observe and avoid anything suspicious.
Re: CLOSED by busybody20: 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2011
mowaa:

This thread is misleading and am actually shocked it's coming from vcjustice
I mean [size=15pt]how can u personally recommend something when u haven't tried any of their advertised services[/size]?
And to think you didn't even do a thorough research and realize the [size=16pt]Canadian address given is false is very dis-appointing[/size].
And when did not providing a bank statement a barometer for testing true and fake agents? I have seen a case where a fake agent claimed he only did USA visa and no other country visa when a potential victim insisted he wanted a Canadian visa.
Vcjuctice my point is that you are old and kinda respected on this forum, recommending a travel agent without trying or knowing someone that successfully use his/her service is a No No

Haba!! He has tried them   grin He sent them an email to arrange Bank Documents, they said No! That means they are Legitimate    and he is RECOMMENDING them to others to use, when he has NOT processed visa thru them undecided ROTFLMAO
I nor fit shout abeg
Re: CLOSED by Vicjustice: 5:03pm On Jun 24, 2011
Please all, let's be considerate enough when it comes to other people's businesses, do not ruin their reputation without a just cause otherwise, you'll be guilty of great evil if you destroy people financial investment.
   Kindly scrutinise the information bellow, and if you have any valid reason to argue on the company legitimacy, do share with us: I've personally made further research on this business and the proprietor by futher means and i even managed to obtain his photo and personal blog with facebook contact.

ADENIYI SOLA BUNMI
Business Development Manager

LEARNING IS LIVING ENTERPRISES - AFRICA
100, Obafemi Awolowo Way
Beside, Fan Milk, Opp Intercontinental Bank.
Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria, Africa
Telephone :+2348065220074
Email: sola@learningisliving.ca
Email: infoafrica@learningisliving.ca
www.Learningisliving.ca
Facebook 

LEARNING IS LIVING ENTERPRISES - HEAD OFFICE - CANADA
1562 Lonsdale Avenue
PO Box - 54092
North Vancouver, British Columbia
V7M 2JO,  Canada
Telephone: 1-604-763-6498Telephone: 1-778-552-8238
Email: info@learningisliving.ca
www.Learningisliving.ca

Re: CLOSED by hallmark77: 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2011
Well there is no proof of legitimacy even with all assurrances given by the poster.Nigerians should shine their eyes!
Re: CLOSED by juzme: 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2011
Vicjustice 
“ Lol, first of all, there's no legal ground for such liability: Well, as a matter of fact, i'm only giving my reccommendation, not a command as i don't have that power. However, i do expect that people know better than being too vulnerable as nothing is really risk free: Therefore, the reccommendation is mine, but it is up to any individual to also keep vigilant to observe and avoid anything suspicious.”

I think recommending or promoting a travel agent in this forum is absolute wrong especially when people who are using the forum trust you. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion but you should be aware that what you say here may affect others positively or negatively. 
I think travel agencies in Nigeria are not to be trusted and it does matter if they have alliance abroad or not.  There may be no doubt that they may have good intention of obtaining visa for you but along the line if it doesn’t work out they will never refund all or part of your money.  As we know nobody can guarantee visa. I remembered in 2003 there were many of these types of agents in Abuja who claimed they have ‘good connection’ of obtaining visa for their clients but as soon as embassy denied the visa they won’t answer their calls and you would never get them in their offices.
Even companies that issues travelling insurance in Nigeria are not to be trusted. Many of them hardly refund money.
At the same time am not going to tarnish image of any company rather let anyone who want to patronize them assess them very well before using their service.
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2011
@Vicjustice

I'm not ruining anybody's reputation but i wouldn't encourage anybody to deal with an agent without any shredded  evidence that the agent is genuine and can deliver.

If somebody reading this decided to patronize 1-WORLD  and was able to travel to Brazil then Paraguay, learn Spanish, engage in football training and finally Canada then shame on me and that individual hasn't lost nothing, however, if the other way is the case then you live with the consequences of what you have encouraged.
Re: CLOSED by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2011
i have some questions for 1-World and i will be happy if he can answer me , 

1. is 1 world the principal owner of This Said COMPANY/ ORGANIZATION?
2. Can he provide us with Details of the company registration with the Corporate Registry since the Organization is from British .C ?
3. Which date was the company or organization REGISTERED

with the little that i know the Site was Registered with the Details below and it was just last year and it was Under godaddy domain which anybody can pay $5 to get a domain and upload anyinfo to it.

Domain name:           learningisliving.ca
Domain status:         registered
Creation date:         2010/10/28
Expiry date:           2014/10/28
Updated date:          2011/05/02

Registrar:
    Name:              Go Daddy Domains Canada, Inc
    Number:            2316042

Name servers:
    ns01.domaincontrol.com
    ns02.domaincontrol.com
: 1-604-763-6498Telephone: 1-778-552-8238

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Travel Tips For First Time Flyers / Brazilian Visa / 2month Tourist Visa To Spain, How Do I Extend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.