Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:02 AM

CLOSED - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / CLOSED (7122 Views)

Topic closed. / What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? / Port Harcourt Airport (phc) Closed Until December! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CLOSED by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2011
Interesting thread.

So many aspects of 1-WORLD's set-up are unclear. The address details that don't seem to match up, the sole purpose of the seminars, the amount of money involved etc. We can only speculate right now, unless 1-WORLD comes and sheds some light on the grey areas. We may never know.

@ Vicjustice, I don't think you deserve condemnation, what you did in recommending a company you've not had first hand experience with was foolish, and could possibly end in tears. In future, you're best not making any recommendations, even if you've used a company, and the results were positive. Things don't always work out as planned, and money doesn't always get refunded, if a deal turns sour.
Re: CLOSED by Sicherheit(m): 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2011
The reason the address does not match up is because LEARNING IS LIVING has a Postal Box with[b] LONSDALE STATIONARY[/b] which is a Postal Center/Stationary stores. These kinds of hybrid are not uncommon especially in small towns. The only business you will find in 1562 Lonsdale Ave. North Vancouver, BC, is LONSDALE STATIONARY, so don't go there looking for [b]LEARNING IS LIVING [/b]or you'll be saying howdy-do to mail box # 54092.

I'm not recommending or condemning LEARNING IS LIVING, just clearing the issue of the address up so this discussion can move on. undecided
Re: CLOSED by 1WORLD2: 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2011
[b]I want to say thanks to all of you, i so much appreciate these contribution [/b]

I wonder how many people that are into travel on this forum as ever being able to reveal in full detail the process of their business and identity like i had.
NO PROBLEM AM HERE TO ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS, BUT LET US ALL BEHAVE LIKE MATURE PEOPLE. i will be taking the questions one after the other, and i will not repeat myself. Am waiting for your questions.
Thanks
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2011
Sicherheit:

The reason the address does not match up is because LEARNING IS LIVING has a Postal Box with[b] LONSDALE STATIONARY which is a Postal Center/Stationary stores. [/b] These kinds of hybrid are not uncommon especially in small towns. The only business you will find in 1562 Lonsdale Ave. North Vancouver, BC, is LONSDALE STATIONARY, so don't go there looking for LEARNING IS LIVING [/b]or you'll be saying howdy-do to mail box # 54092.

I'm not recommending or condemning LEARNING IS LIVING, just clearing the issue of the address up so this discussion can move on. undecided

You lost me there, if two registered businesses, owned by two different individuals are sharing one postal box then when u Google that postal box the two registered businesses names will show up, only if you  are suggesting that the owner of [b]LONSDALE STATIONARY
is also running LEARNING IS LIVING as unregistered business.
Re: CLOSED by claremont(m): 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2011
1-WORLD:

[b]I want to say thanks to all of you, i so much appreciate these contribution [/b]

I wonder how many people that are into travel on this forum as ever being able to reveal in full detail the process of their business and identity like i had.
NO PROBLEM AM HERE TO ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS, BUT LET US ALL BEHAVE LIKE MATURE PEOPLE. i will be taking the questions one after the other, and i will not repeat myself. Am waiting for your questions.
Thanks
Since you are now here, kindly enlighten us on the business you do, and your relationship with Vicjustice such that he has given his recommendation. Even though his recommendation means nothing on this forum of course grin grin
Re: CLOSED by tigerpaws(f): 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2011
^ grin
Re: CLOSED by tigerpaws(f): 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2011
1-WORLD:

Thanks

Welcome!

Alot of questions has been asked! Go back and read the thread from pages 1 - 3 and answer them all. We await your answers
Re: CLOSED by 1WORLD2: 9:08pm On Jun 26, 2011
justwise:

You lost me there, if two registered businesses, owned by two different individuals are sharing one postal box then when u Google that postal box the two registered businesses names will show up, only if you  are suggesting that the owner of LONSDALE STATIONARY is also running LEARNING IS LIVING as unregistered business.

justwise
I believe you've heard the word Virtual Address/Office before. if not search for the meaning and you will discover the relationship between these companies

claremont:

Since you are now here, kindly enlighten us on the business you do, and your relationship with Vicjustice such that he has given his recommendation. Even though his recommendation means nothing on this forum of course grin grin
claremont
I am the Business Development Manager West Africa, for [b]Learning is Living Enterprises [/b]and you can find out what we do at www.learningisliving.ca as for Vicjustice i don't even know him or any one here but i believe you all know me now.
tigerpaws:

Alot of questions has been asked! Go back and read the thread from pages 1 - 3 and answer them all. We await your answers
tigerpaws
Am doing that now
Re: CLOSED by claremont(m): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2011
tic toc, tic toc, tic toc, still waiting for answers, undecided undecided undecided
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2011
1-WORLD:

justwise
I believe you've heard the word Virtual Address/Office before. if not search for the meaning and you will discover the relationship between these companies

Virtual Address/Office in what sense? But Sicherheit said that you share the same postal box with LONSDALE STATIONARY?
Re: CLOSED by claremont(m): 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2011
^ ^ ^ I think he meant they have a virtual office that uses the post box for correspondence purposes. I could be wrong though
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2011
claremont:

^ ^ ^ I think he meant they have a virtual office that uses the post box for correspondence purposes. I could be wrong though

That makes sense.
Re: CLOSED by juzme: 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2011
claremont:

I think you should disassociate VIcjustice from 1WORLD. I think what happen was that Vicjustice was trying to verify if 1WORLD was genuine or not and to his observation/investigation he thought they are genuine company. And making recommendation was where he made mistake and which anyone of us could as well do.
Re: CLOSED by tigerpaws(f): 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2011
@justwise,

Virtual Address: Learning is Living is NOT Located at the given address. Just as Sicherheit  said earlier; YOU CANT WALK UP THERE TO VISIT THE COMPANY.

They only use the said address to receive letters only!

At the rate Only 1-World keeps posting the canada address on every post, one would think they are established physically at the Address and the best thing to happen in Canada  undecided

I guess thats a way to attract people in Nigeria to believe they have a Phycial address in Canada  undecided

@1-world,

Still waiting for your answers. Thanks
Re: CLOSED by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 26, 2011
Virtual addresses are not uncommon. They're cheap, and effective. From a security point of view though, not good. I personally prefer to deal with a company that has a physical address (even if it's a home one). That way, you've got somewhere to seek redress, if a deal turns sour.

An established company should have a physical address, a virtual one's as useful as a chocolate teapot.
Re: CLOSED by Sicherheit(m): 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2011
justwise:

You lost me there, if two registered businesses, owned by two different individuals are sharing one postal box then when u Google that postal box the two registered businesses names will show up, only if you  are suggesting that the owner of LONSDALE STATIONARY is also running LEARNING IS LIVING as unregistered business.
Are you okay or can't you read properly? Where did I suggest the owner of LONSDALE STATIONARY is also running LEARNING IS LIVING? You better learn to read properly because I won't be dragged into the ruforofo of your pontification as Mr. Know it all.

I did not know I had to start by first explaining what a post office is. Here you go

A post office is a facility authorized by a postal system for the posting, receipt, sorting, handling, transmission or delivery of mail.[1]

[size=18pt]Post offices offer mail-related services such as post office boxes[/size], postage and packaging supplies. In addition, some post offices offer non-postal services such as passport applications and other government forms, car tax purchase, money orders, and banking services

LONSDASLE STATIONARY is a POST OFFICE. People get PO BOXES from Post offices as we've already established from the definition, Well LEARNING IS LIVING is just another business out of countless of businesses and private residents using the PO BOXES provided by LONSDALE STATIONARY which once again for clarity sakes is A POST OFFICE OPERATING under the City of North Vancouver.

The City Library website for NC, which is where any sensible person doing research on any neighborhood would goes to first, has this on their NEIGHBORHOOD INFORMATION page. .

Research on the Web:
Neighbourhood Information

Post Offices • Office Services • Computer Access • Community Resources
Social Services Agencies • Government Offices

Post Offices

Anderson’s General Store & Post Office
1520 Lonsdale Ave., North Vancouver, BC
M-Fr 9:30-6:00; Sat 9:30-5:30
(604)987-0622

Cadmos Stationery
126 West 3rd St. North Vancouver, BC
M-Fr 9-6; Sat 10-4:30
(604)987-4840

Lonsdale Stationery
1562 Lonsdale Ave. North Vancouver, BC
M-Fr 8:30-6; Sat 10-5
(604)988-6420

7-Eleven
2930 Lonsdale Ave., North Vancouver, BC
Sun 11-6; M-W 10-6; Th-Fr 10-9; Sat 9-6
(604)985-3883

http://www.cnv.org/nvcl//server.aspx?c=2&i=185

Do a quick google search for NORTH VANCOUVER POST OFFICE LOCATIONS and LONSDALE STATIONARY is the second on the list because it is a, say it with me POST OFFICE.

From research, you can tell NC is a small town (100,000 residents), so instead of the Govt wasting money building a real post office, they have designated places like 7/11, Cadmus Stationary AND LONSDALE STATIONARY where people have their regular postal needs met, one of which, again includes OWNING POSTAL BOXES.

Is that clear enough for you or do you want to take a tour of NC? undecided
Re: CLOSED by Sicherheit(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2011
justwise:

Virtual Address/Office in what sense? But Sicherheit said that you share the same postal box with LONSDALE STATIONARY?
What the foork? Where did I say they share the same postal box?

I'll quote my first post again
Sicherheit:

The reason the address does not match up is because [size=18pt]LEARNING IS LIVING has a Postal Box with LONSDALE STATIONARY which is a Postal Center/Stationary stores.[/size]These kinds of hybrid are not uncommon especially in small towns. The only business you will find in 1562 Lonsdale Ave. North Vancouver, BC, is LONSDALE STATIONARY, so don't go there looking for LEARNING IS LIVING or you'll be saying howdy-do to mail box # 54092.

Did I not mention that LONSDALE is Postal Center and LEARNING A LIVING has a PO Box with them. Where the flying foork did I say there were sharing PO Box?
I see why the word ODE comes up a lot when people address you. undecided
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2011
Sicherheit:

Are you okay or can't you read properly? Where did I suggest the owner of LONSDALE STATIONARY is also running LEARNING IS LIVING? You better learn to read properly because I won't be dragged into the ruforofo of your pontification as Mr. Know it all.

I did not know I had to start by first explaining what a post office is. Here you go
LONSDASLE STATIONARY is a POST OFFICE. People get PO BOXES from Post offices as we've already established from the definition, Well LEARNING IS LIVING is just another business out of countless of businesses and private residents using the PO BOXES provided by LONSDALE STATIONARY which once again for clarity sakes is A POST OFFICE OPERATING under the City of North Vancouver.

The City Library website for NC, which is where any sensible person doing research on any neighborhood would goes to first, has this on their NEIGHBORHOOD INFORMATION page. .

Do a quick google search for NORTH VANCOUVER POST OFFICE LOCATIONS and LONSDALE STATIONARY is the second on the list because it is a, say it with me POST OFFICE.

From research, you can tell NC is a small town (100,000 residents), so instead of the Govt wasting money building a real post office, they have designated places like 7/11, Cadmus Stationary AND LONSDALE STATIONARY where people have their regular postal needs met, one of which, again includes OWNING POSTAL BOXES.

Is that clear enough for you or do you want to take a tour of NC? undecided
No its not clear enough because i'm not interested in locating physical address of LONSDALE STATIONARY , i was looking for a company called Learning is Living Enterprises  physically located at this address
1562 Lonsdale Avenue
PO Box - 54092
North Vancouver,  British Columbia
 as 1-WORLD claimed in all his posts, did u get that?
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Jun 26, 2011
Sicherheit:

What the foork? Where did I say they share the same postal box?

I'll quote my first post againDid I not mention that LONSDALE is Postal Center and LEARNING A LIVING has a PO Box with them. Where the flying foork did I say there were sharing PO Box?
I see why the word ODE comes up a lot when people address you. undecided

You seems to know alot about 1-WORLD and his dodgy way of doing business, yea to every crook i'm a 'fool'.
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2011
tigerpaws:

@justwise,

Virtual Address: Learning is Living is NOT Located at the given address. Just as Sicherheit  said earlier; YOU CANT WALK UP THERE TO VISIT THE COMPANY.

They only use the said address to receive letters only!

At the rate Only 1-World keeps posting the canada address on every post, one would think they are established physically at the Address and the best thing to happen in Canada  undecided

I guess thats a way to attract people in Nigeria to believe they have a Phycial address in Canada  undecided

@1-world,

Still waiting for your answers. Thanks

I completely understand where you are coming from, that makes sense to me.
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2011
Siena:

Virtual addresses are not uncommon. They're cheap, and effective. From a security point of view though, not good. I personally prefer to deal with a company that has a physical address (even if it's a home one). That way, you've got somewhere to seek redress, if a deal turns sour.

An established company should have a physical address, a virtual one's as useful as a chocolate teapot.

He is using Virtual addresses to avoid been traced.
Re: CLOSED by claremont(m): 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2011
^ ^ ^ but they have a physical address in Lagos, which I believe is meant to liaise with the "head office".
Re: CLOSED by Sicherheit(m): 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2011
claremont:

^ ^ ^  I think he meant they have a virtual office that uses the post box for correspondence purposes. I could be wrong though
You are not wrong, that's exactly what I meant.
Please don't let the resident dimwit confuse you. undecided

justwise:

No its not clear enough because i'm not interested in locating physical address of LONSDALE STATIONARY , i was looking for a company called Learning is Living Enterprises  physically located at this address
1562 Lonsdale Avenue
PO Box - 54092
North Vancouver,  British Columbia
 as 1-WORLD claimed in all his posts, did u get that?
What is all this rubbish got to do with you saying I said LONSDALE STATIONARY and LEARNING IS LIVING share the same mail box? If you are too stupid to know what virtual addresses mean or know very little about how the mailing system works in small towns, then ask and don't try to form knowledge.

The issue of the address had people stumped because they weren't aware that LONSDALE is a post office which offers PO BOXES to people, my first post was to clarify that and only that. The next sensible question, if you knew anything about anything, would have been asking the business owner why he has a PO BOX instead of an actual office building but your retarded self, who can't think past his nose, took what I said and twisted it around to mean something else. I won't stand for that, if you read any of my post and you don't understand it, ask me and I'll be more than happy to break it down for you. Don't ever try to use your limited knowledge and puny brain to decipher it because you will be wrong.
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2011
claremont:

^ ^ ^ but they have a physical address in Lagos, which I believe is meant to liaise with the "head office".

I guess pple in Lagos can check that out, i wouldn't put my money on that.
Re: CLOSED by Sicherheit(m): 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2011
justwise:

You seems to know alot about 1-WORLD and his dodgy way of doing business, yea to every crook i'm a 'fool'.
Nothing a quick google search didn't tell me but Odesen like you can't comprehend that, how can you when even the one that has be broken down for you still flies over your head. Ode Oshi!
Oh now I am a crook, typical response from a fool. undecided
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2011
Sicherheit:

Nothing a quick google search didn't tell me but Odesen like you can't comprehend that, how can you when even the one that has be broken down for you still flies over your head. Ode Oshi!
Oh now I am a crook, typical response from a fool. undecided

A quick google search tells me that there is no company called Learning is Living Enterprises physically located at that address as claimed by 1-WORLD . That is what muppet like you have failed to understand.
Re: CLOSED by claremont(m): 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2011
Why are you guys crying more than the bereaved?! The 1-World in question has tactfully refused to either acknowledge or debunk these accusations; Is there a particular reason why a business that handles something as sensitive as visa procurement not have a physical head office? This whole business looks and sounds fishy
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2011
Sicherheit:

You are not wrong, that's exactly what I meant.
Please don't let the resident dimwit confuse you. undecided
What is all this rubbish got to do with you saying I said LONSDALE STATIONARY and LEARNING IS LIVING share the same mail box? If you are too silly to know what virtual addresses mean or know very little about how the mailing system works in small towns, then ask and don't try to form knowledge.
The issue of the address had people stumped because they weren't aware that LONSDALE is a post office which offers PO BOXES to people, my first post was to clarify that and only that. The next sensible question, if you knew anything about anything, would have been asking the business owner why he has a PO BOX instead of an actual office building but your slow self, who can't think past his nose, took what I said and twisted it around to mean something else. I won't stand for that, if you read any of my post and you don't understand it, ask me and I'll be more than happy to break it down for you. Don't ever try to use your limited knowledge and puny brain to decipher it because you will be wrong.

Rubbish! I don't need to ask him anymore, he couldn't answer some of the questions asked already, you know more about his business than he does, so why not stop ranting and tell us why he used virtual addresses instead of actual office?
Re: CLOSED by Sicherheit(m): 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2011
justwise:

A quick google search tells me that there is no company called Learning is Living Enterprises   physically located at that address as claimed by 1-WORLD . That is what muppet like you have failed to understand.
Father of all muppets, if you were not so far up your own yansh, you can't think straight, you will see that my post confirms exactly that and even helps put an extra [b] PROCEED WITH CAUTION [/b]sign on the entire sordid deal.
A better man would apologize for misinterpreting someone words and ascribing what they didn't say to them but the Golugo with delusions of grandeur hides behind cyberpolicing, as if it's only his dumbass who cares about not wanting his fellow brothers to be fleeced.
Re: CLOSED by Sicherheit(m): 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2011
This justwise person makes me laugh oh, If someone knows more than him because that person did their diligence and conduct a proper research, it means they are in cahoots with whoever he's accusing? cheesy
How do you people take this man seriously? He comes armed with little or no information, starts accusing people of things and you all fall over yourselves lapping him up without question.
O ga o! God help us all!! undecided
Re: CLOSED by justwise(m): 11:19pm On Jun 26, 2011
Sicherheit:

This justwise person makes me laugh oh, If someone knows more than him because that person did their diligence and conduct a proper research, it means they are in cahoots with whoever he's accusing? cheesy
How do you people take this man seriously? He comes armed with little or no information, starts accusing people of things and you all fall over yourselves lapping him up without question.
O ga o! God help us all!! undecided

No, stop being silly, u don't know more than me, you knew more than 1-WORLD , you knew one or two things about him that we don't know and that was why u have taken it upon urself to safe his face. This is not my first encounter with you concerning 1-WORLD, you jumped to his defence in the other thread, so i'm used to reading ur garbage.
Re: CLOSED by damola1: 12:01am On Jun 27, 2011
i seee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stowaway Dies On Arik Flight In Lagos / Seychelles Travel Info, / Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.