Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,265 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S (35083 Views)

See The Mass Exodus Of Igbos Going Home For Christmas - Photos / My Exodus And Life In The U.S / Police Found 39 Frozen Bodies Inside A Refrigerated Trailer In The U.K.(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by omonla10(m): 5:05pm On Feb 11, 2022
lastchild:
Oga, these things are good side of the story they told us.

go to murtala Mohammed airport and see the number of Nigerians immigrating to oversees on a daily basis,And check the number of them returning.you'd see that it's only about 20% are returning

Do you think the 80% that are not coming back actually don't want to come back? I've lived in Madrid and Jakarta. The truth is that there are more Nigerians frustrated abroad than you think.

those things you see on Facebook is fake life. My advice to anyone is, if you have any tangible thing you do in Nigeria, don't trade it for the illusionary stories of abroad.

I landed in jarkata and saw the people i fasted and prayed to be like begging me money to eat
we dey talk Europe and America, u dey talk jarkata

18 Likes

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by GoldBoss1: 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2022
Iamajala:

It's simple find a place to learn flashing, unlocking and repairs of phone after that you can look for a strategic area to setup your business or look for an African country.
This business is very lucrative but many people over look it, once you have all your tools (softwares and box) na to dey make money dey go, u don't need to buy anything again, you go make money pass YAHOO boys.
how do I contact you bro?

1 Like

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by cliffypatt(m): 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2022
rentAcock:
You hustled in Nigeria and succeeded. You are on an exponential trajectory in Nigeria as it is, whatever you do, do no relocate to the U.S.

You will be miserable there. You may end up working at Mcdonald serving food or end up as a security guard or at the very best a taxi driver. Your U.S based wife may talk down on you because she feels like she brought you to the U.S and also because she will likely be the bread winner of the house. Nigerians in the U.S especially in Houston, have the highest divorce rate and domestic homicide rate than anyone else. And that's because a a majority of the U.S based Nigerian women are nurses making good money while their husbands are minimum wage earners doing menial jobs. They feel like they can talk to their husbands anyhow and one day the husband reacts and kills the woman.

IF you are into IT, you can work remotely right here in Nigeria. I know a couple friends working for Amazon Web Services from Nigeria, they get paid in dollars and they earn nothing less than $300,000 annually by working for different companies. I wish you all the best, but don't say you weren't warned.

how possible? Referring to the Amazon web services
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by longjohnsilver: 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2022
I think the problem with some people is that they forget that going abroad does not mean you are going to be successful or you will make it.

It is still life...full of ups and downs...smiles and frowns

You still have to think different and hustle smart, no one will hand you money anywhere (be it naija or abroad)

You still need to work and earn a living.

If people want to leave, advise them correctly and stop narrating sad tales that happen everywhere in the world...life itself is f.ucked up and not balance whether home and abroad.

What abroad offer is different from what Nigeria is offering, if abroad makes you happy go for it...if na Naija...stay there.

Traveling abroad does not equate to financial success neither does staying in Nigeria.

The koko be say, make God guide us and make people get their head right.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by mcameo: 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2022
rentAcock:
You hustled in Nigeria and succeeded. You are on an exponential trajectory in Nigeria as it is, whatever you do, do no relocate to the U.S.

You will be miserable there. You may end up working at Mcdonald serving food or end up as a security guard or at the very best a taxi driver. Your U.S based wife may talk down on you because she feels like she brought you to the U.S and also because she will likely be the bread winner of the house. Nigerians in the U.S especially in Houston, have the highest divorce rate and domestic homicide rate than anyone else. And that's because a a majority of the U.S based Nigerian women are nurses making good money while their husbands are minimum wage earners doing menial jobs. They feel like they can talk to their husbands anyhow and one day the husband reacts and kills the woman.

IF you are into IT, you can work remotely right here in Nigeria. I know a couple friends working for Amazon Web Services from Nigeria, they get paid in dollars and they earn nothing less than $300,000 annually by working for different companies. I wish you all the best, but don't say you weren't warned.

Appreciate, if you can send me a mail, need to talk to you. mike.cameo@yahoo.com
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Depressed101: 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2022
rentAcock:
[s]You hustled in Nigeria and succeeded. You are on an exponential trajectory in Nigeria as it is, whatever you do, do no relocate to the U.S.

IF you are into IT, you can work remotely right here in Nigeria. I know a couple friends working for Amazon Web Services from Nigeria, they get paid in dollars and they earn nothing less than $300,000 annually by working for different companies. I wish you all the best, but don't say you weren't warned.[/s]

2 Likes

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by GoldBoss1: 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
Iamajala:
Makes sense, phone biz is a lucrative business especially the software aspect, it has also fetch me alot of money beyond my expectations.
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Iamajala: 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2022
GoldBoss1:

You can PM me
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Aaay: 6:04pm On Feb 11, 2022
Good you left early
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by brightalo1010: 6:07pm On Feb 11, 2022
rentAcock:

My girlfriend traveled to the USA last year 26th 2021, her story has been positive.

Before you talk negative about usa the best advice should be to tell people the secrets of how to survive there which is simply getting work permit and other necessary documents and more importantly SSN with all these you're the one to be doing shakara for work.

If you ever mention to her and her 3 other siblings that usa is hard they'll stone you even security work they're doing as they're waiting for school results is paying better,

The point is that lazy people should avoid going to AMERICA, People with no proper contact should stay off usa,

She sent 1k usd for me despite not staying upto a year there.

My own be say I'm entering that country called USA California because my girlfriend has said a whole lots of positive things about that country.

24 Likes

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by error4040: 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2022
Here we go again angry

The likes of
Franknetter
Blojóbs
Danielhouston
Ibrahimovic

Etc have all started Something similar but ended up vanishing leaving dust filled cupboard.

Sigh!
If only you guys would just open up a thread and keep it alive.
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Ebubu: 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2022
brightalo1010:

My girlfriend traveled to the USA last year 26th 2021, her story has been positive.

Before you talk negative about usa the best advice should be to tell people the secrets of how to survive there which is simply getting work permit and other necessary documents and more importantly SSN with all these you're the one to be doing shakara for work.

If you ever mention to her and her 3 other siblings that usa is hard they'll stone you even security work they're doing as they're waiting for school results is paying better,

The point is that lazy people should avoid going to AMERICA, People with no proper contact should stay off usa,

My own be say I'm entering that country called USA California because my girlfriend has said a whole lots of positive things about that country.
which state is she in?
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by hitsugaya: 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2022
rentAcock:

this your "friends" can't help person?! tongue

3 Likes

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by SouthernTaliban(m): 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2022
omonla10:
with that macdonalds,
ur kids go to free and good schools,
u life in a normal environment,
Buy a house on 30years motgage
Do 2 to 3 jobs
Further ur education

Lol wake up.

Oya go now, your eye go clear!
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by brightalo1010: 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2022
Ebubu:
which state is she in?
Bakersfield California
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Ebubu: 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2022
brightalo1010:

Bakersfield California
cost of living there high o abeg which job she dey take send u this 1k dollars biko

1 Like

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by tobyemmanuel(m): 7:36pm On Feb 11, 2022
rentAcock:

You are not making any point despite this long post o. Hope you know sha? : undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by tobyemmanuel(m): 7:37pm On Feb 11, 2022
brightalo1010:

God bless you jare. Don't mind that one

1 Like

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by gentleman82: 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2022
In another news president Joe biden has warned all American citizens in Ukraine to return home , the Russians are about to attack Ukraine and the USA government is not going to deploy it's soldiers to rescue any one caught up should war start , doing so will result in a world war. See as American president dey fear Russia .

1 Like

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by tonididdy(m): 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2022
Ebubu:
cost of living there high o abeg which job she dey take send u this 1k dollars biko
shocked are you saying, what I'm thinking? grin

2 Likes

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by brightalo1010: 8:57pm On Feb 11, 2022
Ebubu:

If you read well you'll see where I said security job. That's just for part time because her purpose of going there is to become a doctor while she's waiting for her results she decides not to be lazy and end up with the security job.

Calculate $16 per hr times 13hrs per day for 2 weeks that's what she's getting for her latest job that's almost $3k for just 2 weeks

Usa no be for lazy people or people without document, na she dey do shakara for job.

Most people on the street there are there for several reasons ranging from committing several offenses that put them off employments, some of them are lazy some no get document to apply for job, some can't be able to rent again because of there bad credits and so on.

Abeg America no be anyone's mate.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Funkybabee(f): 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2022
What are you saying exactly

That we should not come to US ni ?
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by topiredo: 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2022
kaykith05:
Life in naija turned out “not to be a bed of roses”, especially when I left tertiary school. I was ambitious and had dreams and plans, and I thank God I’m not the lazy type (according to one of our presdo), so I had to hustle to sustain and also save up for better plans.

Before I gained admission, I had this phone skill; like I know the in and out of most phone, from the days of 3310 to the Java phone era to Symbian OS glory days to practically any phone type, so it was pretty easy for me to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve software related problems of every kind and a lil bit of hardware knowledge.

While in school, through a friend, I motivated myself, bought myself my 1st laptop (compaq presario) and my friends saw me as a big boy but that wasn’t the case. I was hustling for over a month, while school had resumed to save and buy it but nobody knew. I’m also thankful to God for my academic prowess, I’m not the best, but I do catch up quickly, so staying away for a month didn’t mean too much. I got enrolled in a computer training on campus, that was my intro to IT (my dream).

Live was easy and sweet on campus, even though there are days that I drank garri and trekked to lecture, it was overall a lovely experience.

Fast forward to after graduation, I couldn’t get a good paying job except teaching, which I did for a couple of months and it even made my financial life miserable. So I fell back to my God-given strength went back to a labor-intensive job which I hustled while in school. The pay was good as I could save up to a 100k in a month during peak seasons; that’s aside my daily spendings and weekend balling.

It was now time to have a plan for my life (phone accessories and digital entertainment business). Hustled hard for about 4 months, raised a substantial amount (no amount is ever enough for that biznez), just to start up something.

First few months was kinda dull, business wise but I had strong faith and hope, and that is the “KEY”. After one year, there was visible growth in the business; 2nd year, I expanded my shop. 3rd year saw strategic improvements; 4th year, I added phone sales to the business.

2 years later, added Laptop sales to it. Also I bought my 1st car after 3 years in business, sold It and bought another (Toyota fisheye) after 2 years. Then I bought (Camry muscle) before disposing the fisheye.

And lest I forget, I got married to a darling based in the US. A lot of things happened in between these times which time will not permit me to share but we never gave up. Like 2baba said “if dem tell you say e easy, na set-up”, man’s got to always forge ahead.

Watch out for part 2 which is (My Exodus) another day, I rest for now.

Here’s me marketing my car before traveling out.
https://www.nairaland.com/6533632/toyota-camry-sport-muscle-2009

So you're Akure based
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by kaykith05(m): 12:05am On Feb 12, 2022
I see some truth and a lot of misconceptions from the comments above. I’ll try to drop the other part but presently, I’m yet to close from work. But one thing is for sure, the things that Nigerians pray and fast for, are basic things here.

16 Likes

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by PROPEACE: 2:51am On Feb 12, 2022
omonla10:
no matter his growth trajectory here, life over there is better.. No matter how u sweet coat it, he will double what he has ever made in life in 6 months to a year max.. Cos he will relocating legit.. Even my guy wey dey do ordinary delivery job for Yankee, don buy house already for there? Albeit, on mortgage
Your guy is on mortgage, he never buy finish. If him fuçk up, Dem go collect am!
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by kaykith05(m): 4:47am On Feb 12, 2022
kaykith05:
Life in naija turned out “not to be a bed of roses”, especially when I left tertiary school. I was ambitious and had dreams and plans, and I thank God I’m not the lazy type (according to one of our presdo), so I had to hustle to sustain and also save up for better plans.

Before I gained admission, I had this phone skill; like I know the in and out of most phone, from the days of 3310 to the Java phone era to Symbian OS glory days to practically any phone type, so it was pretty easy for me to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve software related problems of every kind and a lil bit of hardware knowledge.

While in school, through a friend, I motivated myself, bought myself my 1st laptop (compaq presario) and my friends saw me as a big boy but that wasn’t the case. I was hustling for over a month, while school had resumed to save and buy it but nobody knew. I’m also thankful to God for my academic prowess, I’m not the best, but I do catch up quickly, so staying away for a month didn’t mean too much. I got enrolled in a computer training on campus, that was my intro to IT (my dream).

Live was easy and sweet on campus, even though there are days that I drank garri and trekked to lecture, it was overall a lovely experience.

Fast forward to after graduation, I couldn’t get a good paying job except teaching, which I did for a couple of months and it even made my financial life miserable. So I fell back to my God-given strength went back to a labor-intensive job which I hustled while in school. The pay was good as I could save up to a 100k in a month during peak seasons; that’s aside my daily spendings and weekend balling.

It was now time to have a plan for my life (phone accessories and digital entertainment business). Hustled hard for about 4 months, raised a substantial amount (no amount is ever enough for that biznez), just to start up something.

First few months was kinda dull, business wise but I had strong faith and hope, and that is the “KEY”. After one year, there was visible growth in the business; 2nd year, I expanded my shop. 3rd year saw strategic improvements; 4th year, I added phone sales to the business.

2 years later, added Laptop sales to it. Also I bought my 1st car after 3 years in business, sold It and bought another (Toyota fisheye) after 2 years. Then I bought (Camry muscle) before disposing the fisheye.

And lest I forget, I got married to a darling based in the US. A lot of things happened in between these times which time will not permit me to share but we never gave up. Like 2baba said “if dem tell you say e easy, na set-up”, man’s got to always forge ahead.

Watch out for part 2 which is (My Exodus) another day, I rest for now.

Here’s me marketing my car before traveling out.
https://www.nairaland.com/6533632/toyota-camry-sport-muscle-2009

Link to part 2 https://www.nairaland.com/6982913/exodus-life-u.s
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by kaykith05(m): 4:50am On Feb 12, 2022
rentAcock:

Might be true, but our case will be different. And thank God I’m into IT
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by kaykith05(m): 4:54am On Feb 12, 2022
usagee36:
This one must have suffered in the hands of akata or a Nigerian girl turned akata grin grin Make una find oyinbo woman and have eternal peace, no way. Lol

Unfortunately, I don’t have business with akata or white whatsoever. My woman is Nigerian
Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by kaykith05(m): 4:56am On Feb 12, 2022
uptownemmygee:
Do giveaway abeg

One of my agenda once I balance small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by kaykith05(m): 5:00am On Feb 12, 2022
cliffypatt:

how possible? Referring to the Amazon web services
That’s a pure lie $300,000k? That’s just wishful thinking

4 Likes

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by Sagewood: 7:51am On Feb 12, 2022
USA is the best country to relocate to for Nigerians if that's part of your plan. But it is better to be well informed about the life here, the system and the expectations.....the most important thing would be getting your legal papers. Once you have crossed that bridge, the possibilities and opportunities will be abundant as long as you are ready to work hard.
I don't expect most Nigerians to take the path I took to come over to the USA as everyone may be on different situations in life. Don't let anyone discourage you to take the right steps to make the move.
I have lived in the UK for several years before moving to the USA with my family and I had work authorization and job waiting for me before I even landed. USA is a great place to achieve your dreams. But doing it right is critical to your success here.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S by lucky4west: 8:31am On Feb 12, 2022
make sense...this is real inspiration...no be all these fake motivational speech...nice one bro i de with you...and watching out as the story unfolds...na God get power

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Parked Trucks Are Causing Damage To Lagos Bridges (PHOTOS) / People Stopped The Traffic To Help A Gigantic Snake Cross The Road (images) / An Overview Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Site - Photos & Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.