Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Wat Else Can The Govt Do To Better Lagos/nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wat Else Can The Govt Do To Better Lagos/nigeria! (645 Views)

Oshiomhole Receives Prince Eheneden Erediauwa At The Govt House (photos) / Better Lagos - Possible! / The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wat Else Can The Govt Do To Better Lagos/nigeria! by kayalla(f): 11:08am On Jun 24, 2011
I believe that the Lagos State govt is doing everything possible to here a comfortable to live in, just today during the heavy rain in Igando, Ojo area, pple were droping all sorts of dirts in the drainage, is Govt suppossed to monitor that too.
I got some pictures of such pple but dnt know where or who to report them to. I was so fr***king pissed
Re: Wat Else Can The Govt Do To Better Lagos/nigeria! by dominique(f): 5:38pm On Jun 26, 2011
citizens should also try and not aggravate the situation. they'll stupidly throw dirts in drainages and cry out to the government and then cry out to the govts for help when the situation gets oout of hand. assuming we had an actively working government, their efforts would still be frustrated by these ignorant citizens. we are indeed the architects of own problems.
Re: Wat Else Can The Govt Do To Better Lagos/nigeria! by juman(m): 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2011
kayalla:

I believe that the Lagos State govt is doing everything possible to here a comfortable to live in, just today during the heavy rain in Igando, Ojo area, pple were droping all sorts of dirts in the drainage, is Govt suppossed to monitor that too.
I got some pictures of such pple but dnt know where or who to report them to. I was so fr***king pissed

Government can greatly reduce it.

As it's seasonal problem, If government have some environmental police (task force) to arrest some people, and the arrested people should be charge alot of money. Also anybody that have evidence (pictures) of any person droping dirts in the drainage should report to the government and receive handsome amount of money for that.

Certainly it will reduce the nonsense.
Re: Wat Else Can The Govt Do To Better Lagos/nigeria! by satani22: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2011
Many Nigerians travel abroad to see how decency is being exhibited. Some of these people throw waste from their cars to litter the streets in Nigeria. Why cant they do same when outside the country? Surveillance everywhere. If our government can do same things wouldn't be like these
Re: Wat Else Can The Govt Do To Better Lagos/nigeria! by juman(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2011
satani22:

Many Nigerians travel abroad to see how decency is being exhibited. Some of these people throw waste from their cars to litter the streets in Nigeria. Why cant they do same when outside the country? Surveillance everywhere. If our government can do same things wouldn't be like these

Yeah, surveillance camera can help alot.

Probably collecting and disposing of rubbish needed to be review.
Re: Wat Else Can The Govt Do To Better Lagos/nigeria! by Mariory(m): 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2011
kayalla:

Post them in this thread to start with.

(1) (Reply)

Gaddafi Turns Grand Dad / Orji Lauds Nddc’s Free Medicare Programme / Uk Offers Nigeria Access To 90 Billion Pounds Fund To Boost Infrastructure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.