Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,808 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo (36955 Views)

Officer Who Prevented Ortom From Entering Air Force Base Suspended / Officer Who Prevented Ortom From Entering Naval Base Suspended / Benue Youths Stop Ortom From Attending APC Meeting. Remove APC Flag (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state was Saturday morning barred by security personnel from entering the Nigerian Air Force, NAF, Base Makurdi to receive the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo who was transiting through the NAF Airport to Wukari in Taraba state by helicopter.

The Governor who had earlier received a letter of a notification dated February 10, 2022, from the State House Abuja, signed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs/Head of Protocol Office of the Vice President, Ambassador Abdullahi Gwary intimating him of the visit, was however denied access into the NAF facility to receive the Vice President.

Briefing newsmen on what transpired, the Governor who described the incident as unfortunate and a breach of protocol said “I feel so sad for our country Nigeria where everything has been reduced to politics. There are certain things you don’t politicise.

“I was to attend the burial ceremony of one of our elders and leader, Prof Ignitius Ayua; I had made all arrangements to travel to Konshisha Local Government Area, LGA, then this letter (waving the letter) was brought to me, that the Vice President is transiting through Makurdi to Wukari

“It is a normal thing, when distinguished dignitaries, like the President or the Vice President, is passing through your state, the Governor receives him.

“I decided to mandate the Deputy Governor to represent me at the burial of Prof. Ayua. So, this morning I got prepared and went to the Air Force Base, where the Vice-President was supposed to land, en route Wukari. Unfortunately, I was barred at the gate; in my own state.

“It doesn’t happen, this is a breach of protocol and this is not accepted; this is politics taken too far; this is not correct and somebody must account for this.

“If a personality like the Vice President is visiting my state and I cannot go there to welcome him, then it will be a breach of protocol on my part. How can I go to the NAF base and I am barred at the gate; it has never happened anywhere in this country.

“Maybe, the same Presidency that wrote to me is not aware. But I think we should if we must make progress, differentiate between politics and government activities. It is government activity that I welcome Mr. President or Vice-President; that I welcome any dignitary that comes here from the Federal Government.”

Displaying the letter, the Governor said “this is the letter that was written to me, you can see the content. I don’t want to be a busy body; I have many things to do.

“As I talk to you, the entire Gwer-West is under siege. The Fulanis have been burning down houses, and I was also supposed to go there but I had to shift all that to receive the Vice President. I feel so pained that politics has been taken beyond what it is supposed to be.

“There is no permanent enemy or permanent friend in politics. Tomorrow I can be the best friend of the President if they chose to do the right thing. I do not have any problem with the President or Vice President, and all the things that I say are meant to add value to our development and get things right.

“I have never insulted the President, the Vice President, or the Federal Government but there are certain things that they are doing which are wrong that should be corrected.

“You will recall the issue of Executive Order 10; where does the President in a democratic setting have the right to issue decrees. Maybe because he was once a military ruler, he still believes that he would be issuing decrees. He does not have the right.

“How can the President usurp the powers of the National Assembly? These are the things that I criticize and it is constructive. And today, thank God I am vindicated because the Supreme Court has ruled that the President does not have powers to be issuing decrees. He is no longer a military President, he was democratically elected by the people.

“So if he wants anything he should pass it through the National Assembly, just like I do when I want anything I pass it through the state House of Assembly.”

Continuing, the Governor said, “It is very unfortunate that this presidency is barefooted, it is a lame duck. And that is why we are having all these insecurity problems in our country today.
That is why the economy of this country is going down.

“How can you bar a governor in a state where you are? What is the meaning of that? I feel so pained and I’m going to report this to the Vice President. Well, if they choose to do something, fine. And if they don’t, it is okay.

“But that is the kind of thing we keep talking about, they want us to remain as a banana republic. Don’t we have a constitution? Can’t you differentiate politics from other things? Have I insulted the President? Have I insulted the Vice President? All that I’m saying is that let the right thing be done. Let there be justice, equity and fairness. It is unfortunate.

“I will report this breach to the Vice President because it was protocol for me to have gone to receive him and then see him off, and received him when he comes back.

“It is really unfortunate. I feel very sorry. And those who are keeping quiet, I tell them, one day, they will not be where they are. We must come out together and condemn the evil that is happening in our country. This is not right.”

SOURCE

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Baawaa(m): 2:27pm On Feb 12, 2022
“How can you bar a governor in a state where you are? What is the meaning of that? I feel so pained and I’m going to report this to the Vice President. Well, if they choose to do something, fine. And if they don’t, it is okay.
This guy was really in pains,you want to do eye service and your eye service is not needed

66 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Fahdiga(m): 2:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
This is the lowest of the low from Buhari's Junta. Buhari has destroyed every fabric of our national cohesion. Ortom should remain undunted in his criticism of this failed regime. Sensible Nigerians are solidly behind him. Buhari is evil

327 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Machinegun91(m): 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
Ortom should just declare Benue state independent country and forget about those jihad people.

At least, I will be a governor or in 1 of the state.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by naija4life247: 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2022
Okay. Too bad. But I think that the Pastor that is VP must be telling the lifeless terrorist what is right. Anyway, the other debtor Pastor who borrowed billions from Wema Bank o build a business centre called Church once said he is tired of advising the lifeless terrorist because he never hears.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Asquare84(m): 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2022
If the vice president is actually going to wukari in taraba state, what the business of governors orton to go and receive him in the airport, always bringing issues of fulani herdsmen. I am from ugboju in otukpo local government of Benue state. In the whole of Benue state not a single road has been constructed, no pipe burn water, salaries of teachers and pensioners are not paid. Yet this orton will hide under the guise of fulani herdsmen to keep hiding his poor performance.

157 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by ImmaculateJOE(m): 2:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
This will somehow affect the popularity of Osinbajo in Benue State, you sent a later of invite to a sitting Governor to his state just to disgrace him..

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by johnmartus(m): 2:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Busybody where is the letter? Useless governor use 8 years to fight fulani herdsmen.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Maxymilliano(m): 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2022
This is so uncalled for

3 Likes

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by GHOSTTALK: 2:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
Nawao..!! See the way his shouting ontop of his voice... Dey even sweat... Because osinbajo pass him backyard... Nchewww!!.... This is how the masses feel after election..!!

12 Likes

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by salbis(m): 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2022
Osibanjo for 2023 insha Allah.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Asquare84(m): 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:
This will somehow affect the popularity of Osinbajo in Benue State, you sent a later of invite to a sitting Governor to his state just to disgrace him..

Do you think orton has any popularity in Benue state.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by madridguy(m): 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2022
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by chukwuibuipob: 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2022
sad

1 Like

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Fahdiga(m): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
Baawaa:
This guy was really in pains,
Nairaland is not for kids below 15 years

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by iamyemiakins(m): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
Penkelemess

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2022
shocked

1 Like

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Poopypants: 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2022
I want to feel for him but he is in APC and he was part of this terrible government, liquidating the so called giant of a dying continent.

2 Likes

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Wisejohnson47(m): 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2022
Fahdiga:
This is the lowest of the low from Buhari's Junta. Buhari has destroyed every fabric of our national cohesion. Ortom should remain undunted in his criticism of this failed regime. Sensible Nigerians are solidly behind him. Buhari is evil
please they should just sale this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by foreshore(m): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
fergie0o1:

SOURCE

So sad what Buhari has reduced Nigeria to

8 Likes

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Fahdiga(m): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
Asquare84:
If the vice president is actually going to wukari in taraba state, what the business of governors orton to go and receive him in the airport, always bringing issues of fulani herdsmen. I am from ugboju in otukpo local government of Benue state. In the whole of Benue state not a single road has been constructed, no pipe burn water, salaries of teachers and pensioners are not paid. Yet this orton will hide under the guise of fulani herdsmen to keep hiding his poor performance.
Do you know the meaning of protocol? Check your dictionary if you have one

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by AchalugoNwa(f): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:
lol Osinbajo get popularity before?
someone that lost his polliing unit in his home state that is by the way controlled by his party and his godfather Tinubu.

lol Osinbajo is just a product of media noise.
zero popularity
zero grassroots
zero structure

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by SwissMass: 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
v

1 Like

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by yomalex(m): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
Na wa o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Twenty47(m): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hmmm.. a whole governor, power really pass power oo

1 Like

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by Pablodtotti: 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
What he said is very correct lets leave Politics aside

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
grin
Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by iReddington: 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
grin It's like Ortom needs handkerchief before he starts crying. He said he has many other important things to do, but he's here throwing tantrums and hissyfits because he wasn't allowed to see the Vice President.

Cry cry baby cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Personnel Bar Gov Ortom From Receiving Osinbajo by kayuseful: 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
cheesy
Osinbajo is the man everyone wants to see
See the governor of a state wanting to die because he was denied access to starboy

Ortom, don't worry. Just go and mobilize your state people to vote osbj 2023

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose Heads To Abuja For Showdown With EFCC / Obaseki Inspects Edo Radisson Hotel Project (Photos) / Seyi Makinde Visits The Scene Of The Fire Outbreak At Dugbe, Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.