Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu (19276 Views)

What I Told Buhari When He Telephoned Me On My Daughter’s Killing -fasoranti / What Lamido Adamawa Told Atiku Versus What He Told Buhari / What Osinbajo Told Buhari On Phone Before Sacking DSS Boss, Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by PrinceOfLagos: 4:57am On Feb 13, 2022
The National Leader of All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, has disclosed that he told the President, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), he wanted to step in his shoes and not on his toes.

Tinubu said this on Saturday while speaking at the Palace of the Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, in Abeokuta when he paid him a visit to seek his royal blessing on his presidential ambition.

Tinubu had during his visit to Buhari at the Aso Villa in January declared his ambition to succeed Buhari in 2023.

The former governor of Lagos State, who arrived at the palace of the Alake at 4.35pm, went straight into a private meeting with the monarch.

He had earlier paid a similar visit to the Awujale and Paramount Ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona at his Ijebu-Ode palace.

Addressing the monarch, Tinubu said, he decided to express his intention to Buhari following calls from his supporters and friends to run for President.

Read Also
Nigerians must understand there’ll always be difficult, joyful times – Tinubu
2023: Tinubu not doling out N25,000 grants, says support group
2023 Presidency: Any party with northern candidate will lose, says Akeredolu
Tinubu said he did not want his ambition to create bad blood between himself and Buhari, saying he did not want to offend the President by “pulling the carpet from his feet”.

The APC leader said, “I told the President I want to replace you and I don’t want to offend you. I told the President that I want to step in his shoes but not step on his toes.

“I told him as the number one citizen, I should start my Presidential bid by informing you first, and he (Buhari) told me to inform the whole world, and I have done that.”
https://punchng.com/2023-i-told-buhari-i-want-to-step-in-his-shoes-not-on-his-toes-tinubu/?amp

23 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by PrinceOfLagos: 4:58am On Feb 13, 2022
Hehehehhehehehe hehehehe grin grin cheesy

Baba wey mumu

Beggi beggi president wannabe

This desperation is so shameful

A whole jagaban been reduced to a kindergarten politician

Karma!

206 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by timojerry: 5:00am On Feb 13, 2022
Wonderful

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by aanuoluwami14(f): 5:00am On Feb 13, 2022
grin they have come again, he is too desperate to become the president which Nigerians can not be fooled again

145 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by DuMebi1030: 5:00am On Feb 13, 2022
Bullion Van + 3 shocked shocked shocked

Damnnnnn nigaa

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Tovard(m): 5:02am On Feb 13, 2022
We have been agitating for a better Nigeria, better roads, better health care, standard agricultural products, valuable currency etc.

But we haven't see a single youth who has the charisma, qualified, exceptionally intelligent and scandal free who we can say "In whom we are well please for the race of presidency". All this ancient/ancestors knows how to play well their cards, just imagine the early awareness the yoruba man has started, the structure of his cabinets and well manner of approach he has to give to the big fishes involves.

The Nigeria Youth are not ready for a better country, we are still dreaming on how we want the country to look but we not to ready for it now!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Nobody: 5:03am On Feb 13, 2022
Why haven't lier Mohammed declared??

16 Likes

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Truthisunique2: 5:03am On Feb 13, 2022
Lol after this begging buhari still no gree for you

Buhari just played you like chess, your visit is of no use if all he told you was to go tell the world.

Would he say same to his "candidate" to go consult with "the world"

What a mockery

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Nobody: 5:04am On Feb 13, 2022
Clown!!!
If you like step on his back Druggie

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by zolajpower: 5:06am On Feb 13, 2022
grin grin
Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Maxymilliano(m): 5:06am On Feb 13, 2022
grin ... You want to step into the shoes of the same man that has failed woefully as president, and you expect Nigerians to be happy with you? I hope Nigerians won't make same mistake twice.

135 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by PrinceOfLagos: 5:06am On Feb 13, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Lol after this begging buhari still no free for you

When press asked you what Buhari told you, you couldn't say he even blessed you to "go ahead" atleast

Even IBB that Tinubu went to visit no give am blessings grin

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by RichDad1(m): 5:08am On Feb 13, 2022
That’s the way to go!

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Bhamson: 5:11am On Feb 13, 2022
Tinubu's ambition is dead on arrival. He has nothing good to offer

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Truthisunique2: 5:12am On Feb 13, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Even IBB that Tinubu went to visit no give am blessings grin
Buhari really played tilumbu

Go consult with "the world" more like the prank you tell small Pikin to go wear slippers to follow you then before he come back you don scam am

Which consult pass consulting with the owner of power and APC highest leader

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by McGg: 5:12am On Feb 13, 2022
Wahala dey oo.

Stepping into buharis shoe means a lot

13 Likes

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by edmaraja: 5:13am On Feb 13, 2022
This mumu man should go and rest abeg

39 Likes

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by chriskosherbal(m): 5:14am On Feb 13, 2022
This 2023 general election...is going to be really interesting.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Codeye(m): 5:15am On Feb 13, 2022
Which world? The whole Nigerian is in tormoil with different cases of social vices. Sorry baba the whole world you baba was referring to is bandits not Nigerian to say the least

10 Likes

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by observer88: 5:17am On Feb 13, 2022
You have done well. We have heard you. Now, go and do the needful. Someone should call Prophet Ayodele to tell him what's the needful...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Megatrix: 5:17am On Feb 13, 2022
Which shoes? Please nobody wants another brain dead mannequin in Aso Rock.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by dizon: 5:20am On Feb 13, 2022
You want to do what? Baba you are not stepping into any shoes. You just want to go and receive public disgrace and humiliation.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Majesty2(m): 5:22am On Feb 13, 2022
Tinubu, we love you and we are ready to do everything for you to win come 2023
Insha allah, you are ou incoming president. Haters are freed to go hang themselves or drink sniper to end their miserable lifes, no wailing from those useless and godforsaken pigs from land of rising crime can stop you, nah you we want and nah you me and my family go vote come 2023
May God continue to protect BAT, our incoming president

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Nobody: 5:24am On Feb 13, 2022
U can't step in his shoes.
What kind of Grammar is that?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by dizon: 5:24am On Feb 13, 2022
Megatrix:

Another lifeless mannequin that is suffering serious diminishing returns yet desperate to be president as if he will die if he step aside for more competent and fit people to run. Foolish man with foolish supporters.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Majesty2(m): 5:24am On Feb 13, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Lol after this begging buhari still no gree for you

Buhari just played you like chess, your visit is of no use if all he told you was to go tell the world.

Would he say same to his "candidate" to go consult with "the world"

What a mockery
keep your wailing till 2023 now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by kollinz1234(m): 5:25am On Feb 13, 2022
It is time to try something new.
Yoruba has given it a shot

Fulani has given it a shot

Ijaw has given it a shot

It is time we give Igbos a chance if we truly understand the importance of unity and nationhood.

I stand for Peter Obi 2023
A man who is smart, strong and intelligent

VOTE UNITY
VOTE NATIONHOOD
VOTE TOGETHERNESS

THEN NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT!!

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by drlaykay(m): 5:25am On Feb 13, 2022
The two most prominent candidates on both sides ( Atiku and Tinubu) will most likely not end up as the flag bearers. The politicking of 2023 is unprecedented

20 Likes

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Manny21: 5:26am On Feb 13, 2022
If you like, step inside his Bongo, you go still chop breakfast from this people. They no go give you ticket. Make we bet am?

13 Likes

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Neminc: 5:26am On Feb 13, 2022
No way, you guys have destroyed this country enough, we need people with fresh ideas to move the country forward.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Majesty2(m): 5:27am On Feb 13, 2022
Megatrix:
abi you want us to vote pandora obituary the criminal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu by Ryott: 5:28am On Feb 13, 2022
Lol, this fool is still deceiving himself

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Myson Nejo: "It’s Unfortunate To Be A LAWYER In A Lawless Country Like Nigeria" / Mark Zuckerberg Calls President Goodluck Jonathan (Parody Video) / Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.