Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? (3758 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Sport Doesn't Start Easily After Fuelling / Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily / Ford Edge 2007, Starts And Goes Off After Awhile And Doesn't Start Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by tushbobo(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2011
Hi all,my eod just makes a screechin sound when I start it after comin out of a pool of water.I ve never opened d engine apart from basic servicin since I bought it two years back.I ve been on it since 1pm today and had to leave it at a fillin station till I get some help.The plugs,fuel supply n some other stuff has been checked n they seem alright.Please advice, thanks
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by DonMatino1(m): 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2011
the fault must be an electrical problem go and look for rewire or check the ignation coil if water hast enter check and make sure the coil is bringing light. Hope that help
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by inspiredm(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2011
Hope you get an advice Beneficial to you

I will Sticky Thread on the Front Page of the Section For Maximum Exposure

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by tushbobo(m): 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2011
Thanks man.I appreciate that.1 luv
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by Onisuru1(m): 10:02am On Jun 25, 2011
please do a throug physical check. it happened to me two years ago i drove thru a pool of water to greet a friend. After the visit to leave the car refused to start after series of checks we find out that the cool fan blade had broken and damage the radiator making the car to loose all cooling medium thereby getting the gasket burnt. it not funny eating ileya Ram by the road side.
Good luck
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by tushbobo(m): 10:11am On Jun 25, 2011
Thanks.Just got a nairalander to help with a diagnostic check. The mechanics just kept doin trial and error n might just damage somethin else.At least with that I ll have an idea
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by satani22: 11:05am On Jun 25, 2011
There are so many causes that can be attributed to your problem at hand. I use a honda myself. First get a very very good re-wire. Im not talking about diagnosis rewire but those that real ideas. Cos my car didnt start sometime ago. Got a rewire, brought a scanner and he told me the scanner read fuel problem and will change fuel pump. I had to call my expert in honda at Ebute Metta who resurrected the car without buying any fuel pump. A good mechanic+expect rewire would start the car in 30Mins. How long did it stay in water if i may asked? Would like to know if the water touched the brain box. If yes the car would never start.
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by tushbobo(m): 11:12am On Jun 25, 2011
The car didn't stay in water for long but there was a jeep drivin fast opposite me,that stirred up the water and it went all over my windscreen n bonet.maybe it ll help if u can give me d number of the guy u used cos I never had need for a mechanic or rewire n don't have any.Thanks
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by satani22: 11:28am On Jun 25, 2011
post edited
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by tushbobo(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2011
Thanks
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by paulokwudiri(m): 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2011
Behind bobo:

Hi all,my eod just makes a screechin sound when I start it after comin out of a pool of water.I ve never opened d engine apart from basic servicin since I bought it two years back.I ve been on it since 1pm today and had to leave it at a fillin station till I get some help.The plugs,fuel supply n some other stuff has been checked n they seem alright.Please advice, thanks
Kindly check if water entered the brain box, i use honda and have had similar case.
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by Sicherheit(m): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2011
If the water contact is as minimal you describe it, then It may be your starter or the timing belt.

Ironically one of the posters made an instruction video on what to do if your car enters waters, maybe if this was made a sticky others will learn from it. Nigerians, we prefer medicine after death. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693568.0.html#msg8543300
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by satani22: 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2011
Behind bobo, how far? Come give us feed back about how u fixed ur car. Im interested cos i want u to use ur experience to EDUCATE many nairalanders some that have little ideas about fixing car problems. Most Hondas do suffer from brain box problems once it enters water. So running after timing belt or plugs isnt the solution. The car must be confirmed to be shocking before one can run to a mechanic. Talking from my experience though after fixing my baby boy on 2 separate occassions for brain box issues
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by gwas(m): 6:35am On Jun 26, 2011
i had a similar experience. we later found that water entered the distributor.it was fixed within 10min.
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by tushbobo(m): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2011
Many thanks my guys.I got it resolved yesterday evenin but couldn't give a feedback as I was havin internet connectivity problem.I ve driven the car inside water many times when I moved to ph cos it rains often with resulting flood.Most times it doesn't go off,about twice it went off-i started it after 2 to 3 minutes and it came on.This time around it went off and after startin it the third time it started makin a screechin sound.
The first thin that was checked was the timing belt then the fuel supply and plugs and a couple of electrical stuff.The three plugs in front were removed and heated the remaining three at the back weren't removed cos they were sort of hidden and the mechanics said if three of the six plugs are ok,it willl jump start the remaining three.There was no luck and other parts like the brain box and ignition were suspected as the screechin sound made it seem.I got a nairalander who diagnosed the car n there was really nothin wrong and if there was it would be the ignition.By then the car had stayed over a day there n the plugs which were nt checked were sort of drier.We tried n d car started with a lot of steam comin out for about 5 mins.It turned out to be three of the plugs or the brain box which got a little wet n later dried was the problem(not too sure).Spent 12k overall but grateful it wasn't more than that.thanks
Re: Car Enters Water,doesn't Start: Any Advice? by oluomopal(m): 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2019
Dear all,

Please I need an advise, recently I drove inside a pool of water. Ever since then, I have been having issues with the car (Toyota corolla 2005 ). The major problem which I am having now is that the car start whenever it feels like.. sometimes it will start and it fails at times. I have spent lot of money on this. Could anyone advise me on what next to do please. I just need a lasting solution to this problem. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

2003 Acura MDX Slipping / Why Nigeria Is Ready For Electric Cars Today / How Much Is A Rover 75 In Naija?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.