Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,550 members, 7,850,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:26 AM

How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father (23938 Views)

What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job / How I Nearly Lost My Job (A Lesson For Perverts) / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Godmademan(m): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
I just want to share my story to the world.
When I graduated, I was so blessed that I didn’t hurt for job, before I got one. I was working in the bank and was paid well, within a year I rented an apartment and got married, things was falling in place and I felt on top of the world before I started gambling, how I started it, I can’t explain. I lost all my resources and money within two years, I was sacked eventually and life became worst for me.
I got another job and promised my wife, family and kids to be a responsible father, but the urge for gambling keep coming, I couldn’t control the urge, I lost the job again.
My wife believed am a good man, but I see myself like am cursed and it is not that am getting money from the gambling.
I am sick and tired of life, I am a failure, sometimes I feel like committing suicide, I have brought shame to my family and kids.
Please I need help, am jobless, money can’t stay in my hand, I will go to gambling shop and lavish it.
Am I cursed, I need help
Seek the services of a counselor or psychologist. It's not only marriage issues that require the input of a counselor
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by obembet(f): 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
When I graduated, I was so blessed that I didn’t hurt for job, before I got one. I was working in the bank and was paid well, within a year I rented an apartment and got married, things was falling in place and I felt on top of the world before I started gambling, how I started it, I can’t explain. I lost all my resources and money within two years, I was sacked eventually and life became worst for me.
I got another job and promised my wife, family and kids to be a responsible father, but the urge for gambling keep coming, I couldn’t control the urge, I lost the job again.
My wife believed am a good man, but I see myself like am cursed and it is not that am getting money from the gambling.
I am sick and tired of life, I am a failure, sometimes I feel like committing suicide, I have brought shame to my family and kids.
Please I need help, am jobless, money can’t stay in my hand, I will go to gambling shop and lavish it.
Am I cursed, I need help

I guess u are into virtual game
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by unmask: 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help
Try suicide heard it solves a lot of problems

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by airsaylongcome: 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
tarantino1:
What's the connection between losing your job and your addiction?

Did you steal from the company to fund your gambling?

There are some banks that use it as reason to lay-off under performing staff. I know the biggest bank in Nigeria used it a few years ago. Heads rolled in the head office for staff that had a history of transactions (transfers for bets or winnings) with betting houses.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by uptownemmygee(m): 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
If by any chance you get a new job the company should pay your salary to your wife's account.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by edoman2016: 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help
When you were working at the bank, how did you still have time for virtual betting? I thought bank job is very hectic and consume all your time. Were you a high staker? Cause most people who bet don't stake more than 1000 naira on a bet.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by hatchy(f): 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2022
Op Please don't kee yasef you hear. Be determined. Pray. Pray and pray. Most of all go always pray. Join prayer groups and seek the face of God in your life. There is nothing he cannot do.
So many of us here and out there have somethings that has held us bound even if we are ashamed to come out like this. Alcohol use to be my problems in the past until I fought back. I used the prayers method. I joined group in church and became committed. Today, over 12 years, I dont even know how alcohol taste and yet I don't have the urge at all.
The most wonderful of it all is that I hang out with friends regularly, I also go to functions where these expensive drinks are displayed, yet I'll opt for my bottle water. My friends envy me.
So you too can do it. Just genuinely call upon God and he will answer your prayers.

Good luck.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Nairanation2: 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hi man. U're nt alone in this, trust me. It's a problem u can effectively tackle using d right approach. In as much as gambling is seen as devil's workshop in this part of d world, it's one of d best ways to make cool money if carefully done. It should be treated as an investment & not just some opportunistic chances of making money. U need to stop it for now & thoroughly evaluate everything. In crypto world, there are very important tools that can help u make d appropriate decisions in d market so as to reduce risks to d bearest minimum. Same thing applies to gambling,trust me. There are very important tools that can help u make very bankable predictions & u'll hardly lose. Sure 1.50 odds everyday can make u a millionaire in just one month if u start with just #5k. Greed is d number one reason why many lose. Mail me for some hints: proffesor4luv@gmail.com
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by qtguru(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
U guys should stop painting betting as an abominable act.
One problem u guys fail to understand about betting is
1. Don't take betting as an alternative means of survival
2. Bet wit what u can afford to loss. E. G. Let's say, weekends, if u are d type that spends maybe 5k for faji (5k depending on individual capability) that's spare money, u can bet wit some part of it, not using your transport and feeding money for d week to bet.
3. Never bet all d time but guys won't listen, they always bet every blessed day which is very very wrong.
In all, to me betting is fun.

I don't think gambling is the issue, he has an impulse problem, I've gambled and stopped because I know there's a limit if you pass you can lose everything. The guy needs help, todays its gambling tomorrow it might be something else

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by osazsky(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2022
U are greedy.u want to use 100 to win 7m....when u get ur nxt job once u get paod..carry the full 120k play 2.97 odd and thank me later..stop using 500 naora tp play 5000 odd..do this and thank me lata
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Goalnaldo(m): 1:30pm On Feb 15, 2022
Phaantom22:
So why don't you want to stop the gambling?
man it's not easy to stop especially virtual betting. I've sworn I'll stop it only to go back to it three days later. The funny thing is I won almost all my bets I played that moment. It lured me back.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by emmanuelbrown26: 1:31pm On Feb 15, 2022
qtguru:

I don't think gambling is the issue, he has an impulse problem, I've gambled and stopped because I know there's a limit if you pass you can lose everything. The guy needs help, todays its gambling tomorrow it might be something else
I agree with u sir. Bcs personally, I hv money in different betting sites but do u know that sometimes it takes me 3 weeks before I could visit d sites, sometimes I do forget my password.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by omolasho: 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
Is it virtual soccer bet alias bet9ja?
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by deflover(m): 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help

u are not cursed
u love the thrill of money
the feeling u can hit it big
i used to be like u
but i moved that feeling into forex trading
was also a mess till i found what works
which is gold trading
yes i have lost millions
but there is no month i dont make at least 600k
so its up to u

u want big money
ur job wont give u that
so u gamble
i dont want to call trading gambling cos its my full time business
but the rush u get when u gamble is rhe same with trading
only one messes with u
the other helps u plan ur life
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Neddstark: 1:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
I have been betting for 7 years now. I have no reason to stop. I don't stake on what i cannot afford to lose. I play low odds only.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Exceed15: 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
The first step to your solution is that you can identify your problem.

Secondly change your circle of friends
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by frozen70(f): 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help

There is nothing wrong with you, you are just being careless with money

When next you get a job, put your wife account number for your salary to he paid. She will notify you of your salaries and both of you will agree on how she will run the account for you and how much you need per week

Another job is on the way, talk to God and be ready to give up bad habits

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by CryptoClub2018: 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2022
V

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by motif8(m): 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help

Op if u don't mind, can u send me a mail on motif8concepts@gmail.com
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
cremedelacreme:
Gambling didn't cause your being sacked from the Bank, abi you don go use customers money play bet
na u dey ask this kind question? dont u knw a typical gambler usualy looks tattered and unkempt whch is enough to make him lost his job in a coperate orgnisation like a bank.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by luizpippo(m): 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
LemmyCreations:
Eweeeeeey!

Gambling is addictive, you just want to try one single match and before you know you're spending all your savings on gamble...

I remember that year when one of these sport bet platform was hot. I decided to try my luck with small money, ticket cut.. I tried and tried again, until when I bet Over 2.5 and Goalkeeper to Not Smoke Shisha
89th minutes goalkeeper ordered for shisha just before a throw-in, na there I give up come start content writing and graphics, God is helping me...

By the way, I'm available for your writing and design jobs, see my signature below, thanks

You deserve this for cracking me up grin grin grin

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by dalass(f): 1:45pm On Feb 15, 2022
Gamesmart:

Prayer!

The panacea for every problem to useless black people.

Prayer is the key.

The Americans say God bless America after everything they do. Wonder why they are blessed? And what do you call that statement, a curse

By the way, if you are black, you by your own words is useless.

I'm African, I believe in God. I work and pray. Both works well for me. grin
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by drmuchin: 1:46pm On Feb 15, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Op, no mind them.
Use this 5 odds take hold body...]
Get thee behind me Beelzebub
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by pijam: 1:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
You have programmed your mind on gambling, u have to reverse that programming by consciously controlling your thoughts. You have to rebuke any thoughts of gambling and allowing only constructive thoughts
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Callisto1(m): 1:51pm On Feb 15, 2022
take this from a once gambling addict, take time off everything. Let your wife handle ur finances for now. With time, you will loose the urge to bet, especially virtual bets which almost wrecked my life. In all, pray to God for help and guidance

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Fatbam003: 1:52pm On Feb 15, 2022
Practice priesthood brother, there is no other way out as you can see your will is no longer controlling you now a demon is involved. You are now being compelled to gamble. I was once in this situation I lost all my money I came back to Nigeria with from abroad on gambling it was not my will but I was being compelled to .There is nothing to do unless you begin to practice priesthood if not many have committed suicide because of gambling .it may seem as joke to many perhaps demon is not yet involved . Priesthood is the solution
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Bankyshinani(m): 1:52pm On Feb 15, 2022
You don't job hunting and that's why you misbehaved.. you never felt the pain of job hunting so getting a job was a easy ride for you... Go ask people that really suffered before they got that small job they are doing,them go tell u story.... May the peace of our lord be unto you and your household
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by awa(m): 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
I want to stop, I pray and cry to God daily
I can’t point to anything I have achieved at my age, I have lost everything,my car , my land , I am losing my marriage.
Everyday I just wish God can take me away, emotionally down

Apart from gambling what else makes you happy? Can you shift your focus to that second thing? I don't have job now but I am doing small Poultry Farming at my backyard to keep myself busy pending when another job comes.
I honestly understand how it feels not having a job. The family depends on you.
Bros suicide is never an option pls I beg you. Me wey no get work dey beg you please
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by okoroemeka(m): 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help
yes you are cursed if you cannot stop doing what is slowly killing you,how on Earth can't you stop gambling?a habit that has drained you physically , mentally and financially,can't you see that it is an addiction that a strong man with an iron will can stop,can't you see it is just a white man gimmick and mirage to use #100 naira to win #1 million naira,can't you see that the probability is 1-1,000,000 and you can never win, real men don't depend on the chance of luck or probability in their destiny they take their destiny in their own hands.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by solofresh(m): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2022
Firstly, you need to forgive and accept yourself.
Now, do away with any gambling app on your mobile phone and stop going to any gambling shop
Stop looking for quick ways to make money
Stop the "I want to be a quick billionaire Motive"
Infact if possible, stop watching any sport of any kind for now especially football.
Stop checking online for football odds
Save the money you use to gamble or rather don't invest because from investing your mind will start looking for quick money ways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / Photo: How To Write A Good Job Application Letter! / Job Resignation. ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.