Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,588 members, 7,850,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father (23939 Views)

What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job / How I Nearly Lost My Job (A Lesson For Perverts) / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by uthlaw: 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2022
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I think you are suffering from spiritual attacks. We Christians tend to gamble more because our religion is very permissible and habours many bad acts unlike our Muslim brothers who are guided by the tenets of Islam. sad
imagine what this useless animal is saying...even your top pastors are scammers in the name of miracle!

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Munzy14(m): 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
I just want to share my story to the world.
When I graduated, I was so blessed that I didn’t hurt for job, before I got one. I was working in the bank and was paid well, within a year I rented an apartment and got married, things was falling in place and I felt on top of the world before I started gambling, how I started it, I can’t explain. I lost all my resources and money within two years, I was sacked eventually and life became worst for me.
I got another job and promised my wife, family and kids to be a responsible father, but the urge for gambling keep coming, I couldn’t control the urge, I lost the job again.
My wife believed am a good man, but I see myself like am cursed and it is not that am getting money from the gambling.
I am sick and tired of life, I am a failure, sometimes I feel like committing suicide, I have brought shame to my family and kids.
Please I need help, am jobless, money can’t stay in my hand, I will go to gambling shop and lavish it.
Am I cursed, I need help
You got a job, within 1year you run go marry? Who the give una this audacity abeg?

When failed to plan, just plan to fail...

Nothing concern you with marriage within the time frame...you needed to work for 3yrs plus before rushing..

Na the marriage put you under pressure to become greedy and start looking of money that wi ll come like "Ike Pentecost ".. lipsrsealed You even rushed to child bearing undecided on top bank work people dey reject nowadays...suit packaging and free AC... lipsrsealed

You are in a deep mess man...You bought your way into poverty....Na grace of God go redeem you...

The wife you rushed to marry, if you can't provide for her, I hope you know she can leave? Anyway na now you will know if na your own woman you marry, abii na someone else.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by 123papas(m): 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
it is not easy bro.
Phaantom22:
So why don't you want to stop the gambling?
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Teerach: 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
Black man is very swift to blame an imaginary being for his inability to be disciplined.
Bia Op, as long as you're blaming something else, you're not ready to take the bull by the horns.
Better go and learn serious discipline.
Discipline includes the following:
1. As soon as funds get into your hands, you make sure you give them all to your wife (if she's a better manager)
2. You can put her account as your salary account and let her manage it and give you tp since you're not ready to be a responsible adult.
3. Lastly, I don't see any point in marrying a woman you can't trust with your funds as it stands that you're in this poo.
If you can do these, it's a worthy startup point.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Sirchiboy: 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
When I graduated, I was so blessed that I didn’t hurt for job, before I got one. I was working in the bank and was paid well, within a year I rented an apartment and got married, things was falling in place and I felt on top of the world before I started gambling, how I started it, I can’t explain. I lost all my resources and money within two years, I was sacked eventually and life became worst for me.
I got another job and promised my wife, family and kids to be a responsible father, but the urge for gambling keep coming, I couldn’t control the urge, I lost the job again.
My wife believed am a good man, but I see myself like am cursed and it is not that am getting money from the gambling.
I am sick and tired of life, I am a failure, sometimes I feel like committing suicide, I have brought shame to my family and kids.
Please I need help, am jobless, money can’t stay in my hand, I will go to gambling shop and lavish it.
Am I cursed, I need help
Set up a a business and enlist in any social group.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by oloriIT(m): 2:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
Addiction is not something any human being can break off the yoke without the help of Jesus Christ. You need to pray you way through to salvation, pleading for mercy and Christ to forgive your past doings, ask him to change your heart and wash you with His blood. If you can do this diligently irrespective of the place, it could be in your room by your bedside. Jesus will speak to you when the work is done as stated in Romans 8:16. You must believe in Jesus and that He will answer your prayer and wait for that to happen (Hebrews 11:6). Please feed me back on the outcome if you do this. I will be praying along with you. May Jesus deliver you from this bondage and give your total victory. Amen
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Judd007: 2:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
Pray hard, believe in you that you can stop, you will eventually stop, your will power is not strong enough, your wife still believe you are a good man, prove to her that you are truly one.its hard but you can.
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Higgies(m): 2:23pm On Feb 15, 2022
Everyone has a battle they're fighting.

I've got something I really want to get rid of too.
It's something I can tell anyone. It's saddening.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Gamesmart: 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2022
dalass:

Prayer is the key.

The Americans say God bless America after everything they do. Wonder why they are blessed? And what do you call that statement, a curse

By the way, if you are black, you by your own words is useless.

I'm African, I believe in God. I work and pray. Both works well for me. grin

You are not that smart if you think pray works for you.

You are not that smart if you think the place called United States of America is "blessed". You obviously have not travelled out of Nigeria much.

You are not that smart if you think there are not many other people who pray more than America and remain unblessed (e.g. Shithole Nigeria).

You are not that smart if you think by me saying "useless black people", I meant "all black people".

I deduced all these powerful points from just 4 sentences you made. That should really make you review your brain.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Teerach: 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2022
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I think you are suffering from spiritual attacks. We Christians tend to gamble more because our religion is very permissible and habours many bad acts unlike our Muslim brothers who are guided by the tenets of Islam. sad
You this muslim you never tire to dey disguise? Clown like you. Be claiming what you're not. It'll catch up with you soonest.
Even Allah has rejected you first because you've rejected Him.
Op, ignore the motherf*****

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2022
u really need deliverance, visit an alfa or herbalist to help u consult about ur life
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Raysleek: 2:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help
Na your money betting company dey use do adverts.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Mom007(f): 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
GOTVee:
Lol. That's where you got it wrong son. Christianity is very very VERY strict and impermissible! Its just a pity most so called Christians are not Christians at all but church goers! What makes one a Christian? Is it the fact that you inherited a religion from your parents wherein you claim to pray to God and not Allah? Or Shiva or budda? That's not Christianity son. That's religion. If you want to be a Christian, a true follower of Christ, search out a post called holy ghost school here on nairaland and read with understanding! You can contact me for more information.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Noshitboi(m): 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
willbayo:

Abeg send me dis guy na mumu
grin grin grin
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by einsteine(m): 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2022
Phaantom22:
So why don't you want to stop the gambling?

That's like asking a heroin addict why they don't want to stop.

It's an addiction.

Internal fortitude may not be enouh to stop an addiction. Sometimes you need external help. That's why in the UK, addicts can be banned from betting websites and shops. I am sure OP has been gambling on virtuals. Virtuals are designed to be addictive and to bleed out your money.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:46pm On Feb 15, 2022
I always make sure I don't get addicted to anything am doing in life.....

When fasting period is coming, they will tell you to stop any bad things you're doing to concentrate on fasting. If someone can abstain from every bad thing for month... Definitely, you can leave it for life

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Slurity(m): 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help
I am just like you as at last year January but thank God for saving me. Gambling is a filthy and smelling spirit that nearly ruined my life but God saved me. Within last year and now, I now have two plays of land and consistent salary job. Thanks to God for using my wife and mum to save me.
I will come back and post my advice
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Benprass(m): 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2022
cremedelacreme:
Gambling didn't cause your being sacked from the Bank, abi you don go use customers money play bet

I tell you what’s bank business with how you spend your salary?

That guy must have use customer money to bet Mfm to beat Barcelona lol.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Yankeeboy02: 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2022
Getting married early wasn’t the problem
I was well paid and wasn’t looking for extra cash or any under pressure, I just don’t understand how the gambling urge came about. I lost my job when my employer noticed I gamble When the gambling shop owners came to my office to up the debt I owe them.
I am pouring out my mind here, because suicide is always coming to my mind.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by wman(m): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2022
GOTVee:

This fool has come again.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by merits(m): 3:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help
forgive yourself and forge ahead bro you are not cursed just change your mindset for good bro.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by ibechris(m): 3:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
I always advice women whose husbands are gambling to leave them alone...a gambler only come back to his senses after everything must have been destroyed,after which they return back.

Example is this one above. I know of a young man who sold a three storey building for 1million naira because of gambling. That is the spirit of gambling,always believing that they will win very big.

I can bet u that even if u give this man another opportunity,he will return to his old ways.

A smoker,chronic womanizer and drunkards are sure of coming back to their senses except gamblers.

I pity him but not deeply.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Emceekonami(m): 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ45TwAGVT0&t=42s
#Streeet Parolz
We asked people on the street of Lagos to Mention three Nigerian songs and afterwards sing one. Trust Nigerians now. i still never understand The love song Tope Alabi sang����

#konamitv
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Emceekonami(m): 3:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
im sure it is baby u are playing. baby apomolekun, afunilediye gbodindin omo. I was in your shoes some month back. until God delivered me through prayers(No be pastor go deliver you, look for a church your heart goes with, go
and cry to the lord on the holy alter) make sure it is you
and God. open your heart. that is how i overcame
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help

Gambling is like any other addiction. Some people gamble responsibly. Gambling is a form of investment to them.

I don't gamble, but I have studied gambling in detail. There is no spirit controlling gambling, other than, every human is naturally greedy. You need to be able to kill greediness in you. If it is not gambling, something else will kill you.

Listen to me, your greediness can push you to ritual killing, kidnapping, or yahoo. Yes, it is the same foundational problem. That human natural nature called greediness is what you need to kill.

The ONLY way is learning risk management. If I tell you to stop gambling, you cant. It is the way you see as the source of your income. You cant stop me from my own source too. So, you need to create a Risk Management Strategy. When this Strategy becomes life to you, you won't know when you will abandon gambling when you keep losing. This same principle works for daily traders - forex, crypto, etc.

Rule 1: You set aside % you will use to gamble. I sat a boy down he work it out that he can only afford N500 weekly. So, we created a way whereby he doesnt have access to the remaining income apart from that N500. If he doesn't gamble, he cannot be OK. So, he focused on that N500 and we created a target he must make to increase the value he will be using. So, he started and was losing. After 1 month, we re-evaluated the system and I showed him how he would have lost N500k with his previous style where there was no rial management. The guy was sweating. He asked me..does it mean I cannot make a profit at all? I said he can see it that his chances are almost zero. He asked why some people make it. I laughed. So, I brought out a book on how to invest in sport betting. By the time this guy finished the book, he realised he was just guessing stupidly. He consumed the book. And he started using the strategy in the book. Well, I can say he improved. But then, he asked me another time we met that when I know these things, why am I not gambling. I laughed. I told him I actually learn it to see if it is my thing.

Well, it is my thing cos rather than gambling with money, I will rather use the skill for predicting other areas. The same principle applies to predicting weather (it is called weather forecast), election results, chances tornadoes or earthquakes will occur, etc.

Guy, gambling is statistics. It is all about probability. When you dont know it, you will just be guessing. So, you are just guessing sir. You arent predicting very well.

So, when you understand this and you know you arent good with maths, that desire and greediness will die. This is the simple truth.

So, if you want to stop, you must try to learn gambling accurately. You must be ready to dedicate your time to read about gambling. And when you realize your brain cannot handle the mathematics behind it, that greediness in you will die naturally.

But having hope you will win someday keeps your greediness at a high level.

If you like go and fast till next year, call God one million times, you will not stop gambling. I am also a Christian I know the principle behind it.

Good luck sir.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Cloud007: 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
Oga.... You are in a terrestrial battle. Go and do deliverance. When you see leaves dancing on of the river... don't be surprised. The drumer is beneath the surface of the waters.

God have mercy on you. Ashe!
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Emceekonami(m): 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
Check out our new episode of Street Parolz on our youtube channel. Its Esther was on the street of Lagos to ask a twisty question. Which would You prefer - Indomie or Noodles.

Na today we know say two types of indomie dey

- normal and abnormal ���

Watch till the end ����

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YxJcKPabW4
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by HROfficial: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
GOTVee:

Only God knows which depraved version of Christianity you are practicing to make such a statement.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
Don't commit suicide please.

Be determined not to gamble.

It's you that can convince yourself not to fall for the desire to gamble again

You have to work on your mind being able to subdue your will and actions.

Read up on how gamblers stop gambling.

May God make the gambling spirit leave you completely.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Usonkwu: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
Gambling can be fun. But, it's one of those pleasures meant for the super-rich. I always say, people should not mix gambling with sports. It's immoral.

My advice is: find other sports or exercises to like that you won't gamble on. I pity healthy youth(who have no idea...) making themselves easy preys to fraudsters(sports bookmakers).
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by RedCentaur(m): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Getting married early wasn’t the problem
I was well paid and wasn’t looking for extra cash or any under pressure, I just don’t understand how the gambling urge came about. I lost my job when my employer noticed I gamble When the gambling shop owners came to my office to up the debt I owe them.
I am pouring out my mind here, because suicide is always coming to my mind.

I can tell for free that there are people with much more horrible experience as regards to gambling. You are not alone in this.

I'm not going to share mine here cos, It's not something to boast or be proud of, so to say. But I will like to share some useful tips to curtail the addiction.

* All the loses can never be recovered.
*The virtual is programmed to extort from you.

*Sit down at your own convenient time, take a notepad and write down the bigger losses you have encountered ( gamblers have series of a day loss they can't forget in a hurry). Calculate all of them, then ask yourself...if am going to stake on a particular booking, am I playing to recover all or just half of it or a quarter or just for winning sake?

And for the record, suicide in this case, is as useless as P in psychology.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / Photo: How To Write A Good Job Application Letter! / Job Resignation. ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.