Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,703 members, 7,851,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:31 PM

How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father (23941 Views)

What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job / How I Nearly Lost My Job (A Lesson For Perverts) / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by BePrepared: 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2022
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I think you are suffering from spiritual attacks. We Christians tend to gamble more because our religion is very permissible and habours many bad acts unlike our Muslim brothers who are guided by the tenets of Islam. sad

Is it everything u must do that ur taqiya
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by horllarboiy96: 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Sometimes i just smile when people complain about betting or gambling... In everything we do , there is risk. How do you expect to win when all you play is virtual games or accumulator ticket.
Work smart or bet smart. Play single game even na #400 u wan gain, na money. Na greedy person go wan chop #1m with #100

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by blueprint22(m): 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2022
Bro...i really feel for you...but i can smell it that it was virtual that finished you...cos i no understand why people still pay that rubbish....football betting with caution still reasonable at east people win from it

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by blueprint22(m): 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2022
Just delete everything that relates you with bet for now....it is well with you... embarassed
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by bilulu(m): 8:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
U guys should stop painting betting as an abominable act.
One problem u guys fail to understand about betting is
1. Don't take betting as an alternative means of survival
2. Bet wit what u can afford to loss. E. G. Let's say, weekends, if u are d type that spends maybe 5k for faji (5k depending on individual capability) that's spare money, u can bet wit some part of it, not using your transport and feeding money for d week to bet.
3. Never bet all d time but guys won't listen, they always bet every blessed day which is very very wrong.
In all, to me betting is fun.
in others words, don't be addicted to betting...

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by emmanuelbrown26: 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
bilulu:

in others words, don't be addicted to betting...
As simple as ABC SIR
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by esilove(m): 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2022
Don't give up on yourself. Pray to God... and visit a good pastor for councilling and prayer.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by seanwilliam(m): 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
2. Bet wit what u can afford to loss. E. G. Let's say, weekends, if u are d type that spends maybe 5k for faji (5k depending on individual capability) that's spare money, u can bet wit some part of it, not using your transport and feeding money for d week to bet.
3. Never bet all d time but guys won't listen, they always bet every blessed day which is very very wrong.
there’s nothing like bet what you can afford to lose o . Best thing is to do away with betting , no matter what , even if you’re a billionaire, if you lose 100 naira to betting , deep down inside you , you will feel defeated and want to try more to recoup your lost or to prove a point. I’ve been there but I thank God I got over it
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by emmanuelbrown26: 9:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
seanwilliam:
there’s nothing like bet what you can afford to lose o . Best thing is to do away with betting , no matter what , even if you’re a billionaire, if you lose 100 naira to betting , deep down inside you , you will feel defeated and want to try more to recoup your lost or to prove a point. I’ve been there but I thank God I got over it
I neither encourage or discourage betting sir. I was only saying d facts about betting. Betting is not and should never be for d poor or those struggling.
D major problem most punters hv is that "I want to use 100 to win 1 million" which d chances are very very slim.
like I said earlier, my money is still in betking,bet9ja, sportybet and Betpawa but for the past 3 weeks,I hv not being betting.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by jimmynauty: 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
I just want to share my story to the world.
When I graduated, I was so blessed that I didn’t hurt for job, before I got one. I was working in the bank and was paid well, within a year I rented an apartment and got married, things was falling in place and I felt on top of the world before I started gambling, how I started it, I can’t explain. I lost all my resources and money within two years, I was sacked eventually and life became worst for me.
I got another job and promised my wife, family and kids to be a responsible father, but the urge for gambling keep coming, I couldn’t control the urge, I lost the job again.
My wife believed am a good man, but I see myself like am cursed and it is not that am getting money from the gambling.
I am sick and tired of life, I am a failure, sometimes I feel like committing suicide, I have brought shame to my family and kids.
Please I need help, am jobless, money can’t stay in my hand, I will go to gambling shop and lavish it.
Am I cursed, I need help

The prince of the power of the air and spirit at work in children of disobedience is working overtime on you... Ignore as stuupid you go see
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by tonididdy(m): 12:43am On Feb 16, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
When I graduated, I was so blessed that I didn’t hurt for job, before I got one. I was working in the bank and was paid well, within a year I rented an apartment and got married, things was falling in place and I felt on top of the world before I started gambling, how I started it, I can’t explain. I lost all my resources and money within two years, I was sacked eventually and life became worst for me.
I got another job and promised my wife, family and kids to be a responsible father, but the urge for gambling keep coming, I couldn’t control the urge, I lost the job again.
My wife believed am a good man, but I see myself like am cursed and it is not that am getting money from the gambling.
I am sick and tired of life, I am a failure, sometimes I feel like committing suicide, I have brought shame to my family and kids.
Please I need help, am jobless, money can’t stay in my hand, I will go to gambling shop and lavish it.
Am I cursed, I need help
Very easy to quit.
Pick a Bible and swear with your kids life to be taken, if you ever gambled again!
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by jimcaddy(m): 1:53am On Feb 16, 2022
Bet9ja have carried you Goal goal oh... Resist the urge to bet. And even if you do, bet with what you can afford to lose. Not using all your salary to play. That's foolishness.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by jimcaddy(m): 1:55am On Feb 16, 2022
Abi na. If we don't have people like that, how bet9ja wan take pay salaries of their workers na. You have to lose for them to be in business. Which is someone else's source of livelihood.
emmanuelbrown26:
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by bepositive11: 3:02am On Feb 16, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help

No, you are not cursed

As others have said, start by taking responsibility. Start by knowing that you alone are making the decision to gamble, and if you decide not to, you won't gamble ever again

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Fapemz: 4:00am On Feb 16, 2022
I sell power bank for laptop and inverter solution. LiFePo4 Lithium battery technology; 0806..5316.30.7

LemmyCreations:
Eweeeeeey!

Gambling is addictive, you just want to try one single match and before you know you're spending all your savings on gamble...

I remember that year when one of these sport bet platform was hot. I decided to try my luck with small money, ticket cut.. I tried and tried again, until when I bet Over 2.5 and Goalkeeper to Not Smoke Shisha
89th minutes goalkeeper ordered for shisha just before a throw-in, na there I give up come start content writing and graphics, God is helping me...

By the way, I'm available for your writing and design jobs, see my signature below, thanks
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by ShittuMiles: 9:03am On Feb 16, 2022
cremedelacreme:
Gambling didn't cause your being sacked from the Bank, abi you don go use customers money play bet

Oya talk
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Isaaque: 2:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Oga you never ready to stop.
I use yo play virtual sport bet. One day after winning, I just told my self that, that was the last day. I am going to play Virtual and I will just be playing sport bet alone. I have stopped virtual even the sport bet, no dey move me again.

its not easy sha oooo
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Isaaque: 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
bepositive11:

No, you are not cursed

As others have said, start by taking responsibility. Start by knowing that you alone are making the decision to gamble, and if you decide not to, you won't gamble ever again

Thank you for this, i also suffer from the addiction of gambling. Planning steps to stop though

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
Yankeeboy02:
Am I cursed, I need help

Gambling is like a spirit on it's own

You'll be feeling you can win next time and that's how you'll keep loosing money

Always remember this before you gamble "IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WIN, YOU WILL ONLY END UP DASHING THEM BACK THE MONEY"
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by bepositive11: 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2022
Isaaque:

Thank you for this, i also suffer from the addiction of gambling. Planning steps to stop though

I hope you figure it out. Just remember to tackle the root cause
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Gamesmart: 11:17am On Feb 28, 2022
dalass:

Don't ever quote me again

This is the country those who have never left Nigeria and don't read widely would say is "blessed".

Listen to Americans themselves:

https://brexitbites.quora.com/Would-most-British-people-emigrate-to-the-US-if-it-was-possible-to-enjoy-higher-wages-and-living-standards

America is blessed my assss!

The most uncivilised developed country that likes to just shout that it is the land of the free and home of the brave.

Hollywood dey foool una.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by dalass(f): 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2022
Gamesmart:

This is the country those who have never left Nigeria and don't read widely would say is "blessed".

Listen to Americans themselves:

https://brexitbites.quora.com/Would-most-British-people-emigrate-to-the-US-if-it-was-possible-to-enjoy-higher-wages-and-living-standards

America is blessed my assss!

The most uncivilised developed country that likes to just shout that it is the land of the free and home of the brave.

Hollywood dey foool una.

I have warned you to stay off my mention cool
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Gamesmart: 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2022
dalass:

I have warned you to stay off my mention cool

Get free education, improve your brain and be grateful.
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by dalass(f): 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2022
Gamesmart:

Get free education, improve your brain and be grateful.

NL mods should please do the needful by screening out jobless, out of school teenagers from constituting themselves as nuisance on this platform undecided

Also, we need the blocking button so we can block some unwanted attention seekers angry
Re: How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father by Gamesmart: 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2022
dalass:

NL mods should please do the needful by screening put jobless, out of school teenagers from constituting themselves as nuisance on this platform undecided

You no get shame say "a jobless, out of school teenager" knows more and get sense pass you so?

Your life never fail finish be that? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: How To Write A Good Job Application Letter! / Job Resignation. .. / Would You Sleep With Your Boss To Secure Your Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.