Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? (680 Views)

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / 9 Things To Bear In Mind When Reversing Your Car / Don’t Open Your Car Trunk From Inside For Police Or Anyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by acetylcholine(f): 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
Driving to work alone in the morning is always an opportunity for me to ruminate on how to achieve my set goals for the day or commune with my maker if I wasn't chanced to properly do so earlier.

Due to transportation issues along the route I take to work, I've had to give students and staffs lift a number of times to enable them meet up with exams, lectures or duties.

One thing that annoys me the most is when I give people lift and they misbehave. I once gave some people lift and one received call for almost 5minutes, later on they all started gisting to such an extent I couldn't concentrate on what I wanted to figure out before getting to work

In another instance, one tried to lift my work and lunch bag off the passenger's front seat because other passengers already occupied the back seat. I just politely told her no!

Recently, one man whom I guess was an admin staff sat in front and after the pleasantries, he started whistling a song I don't even know.

I have decided not to give people lift again to avoid being worked up or pissed off! So please share your experience on the kind of behaviour people have exhibted while giving them a lift.

Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by Halimaatz(f): 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lol

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2022
Oh, so na because of my whistling the other day make you create this thread, no vex abeg but you for tell me nah.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by acetylcholine(f): 9:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
I doubt we've met. Besides, the man I referred to is elderly and wouldn't have given your kind of response so my dear, you aren't the one!

Why will you enter someone's car and be whistling sef? undecided undecided

ItsGoodToBeGood:
Oh, so na because of my whistling the other day make you create this thread, no vex abeg but you for tell me nah.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 9:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
acetylcholine:
I doubt we've met. Besides, the man I referred to is elderly and wouldn't have given your kind of response so my dear, you aren't the one!

Why will you enter someone's car and be whistling sef? undecided undecided

Are there accredited centres for whistling? I was in a joyous mood then that's why, got carried away

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by doggedfighter(f): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2022
Are you saying one should be absolutely quiet when in your car?

The other answered a call while the other whistled.

They're people who give you lift and they're so interactive, responsive that you really feel at home in their car.

While some ,the silence in the car will make you confused and wonder why your route has become so far.

Thanks for your kindness though.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by acetylcholine(f): 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yes o! Any place other than someone else's private space. tongue tongue
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Are there accredited centres for whistling? I was in a joyous mood then that's why, got carried away
Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by pocohantas(f): 10:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
1) The most annoying behaviour has to be sitting in the front seat and not having the decency to use your seatbelt until my car’s stereo pauses. You hear the car beeping, signalling you to use your seatbelt and you still ignore it. What is your problem exactly?

Nothing annoys me more than that.

2) Second on the list has to be people who are very mouthed while riding shotgun. “Follow that man”, “omo you done dull, that car done chance us”, “if na me we for done reach house”.

I used to have a colleague like that. One day I gave him the key and told him to drive himself home, then I will drive myself home from his place. He said he can’t drive automatic. That whenever he drives an automatic, it’ll be like he wants to have an accident. Can you beat that?

3) Why carry strangers in your back seat? I never did that. My back seat was reserved for my bag, food flask and all that. I only move them if the occupants are known people, not strangers. You want to strangle me from the back and I will get tagged olosho when my dead body is dumped somewhere? Nahhhh!

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by acetylcholine(f): 10:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
Obviously, you haven't met some people that can be so annoying. Have you ever been where "oversabi" undergraduates are gisting non stop? They literarily made the car unconducive for me despite the fact that I was doing them a favour.

I have entered lifts as well and I just can't imagine myself whistling songs till I reach my destination. The call was more of gisting with another friend who wasn't with them.

Maybe it's because I am used to a calm and peaceful atmosphere and for the fact that I always comport myself well whenever I am in someone else's car/space... especially people I don't know!

doggedfighter:
Are you saying one should be absolutely quiet when in your car?

The other answered a call while the other whistled.

They're people
Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by acetylcholine(f): 10:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
On point 3, it wouldn't have made sense for me to carry one person in front leaving the backseat empty knowing fully well that they are undergraduates and may end up being late for their CBT/ exam that day.

Don't worry, you won't be strangled but it's a good thing you are security concious.

[ :Pquote author=pocohantas post=110260026]

3) Why carry strangers in your back seat? I never did that. My back seat was reserved for my bag, food flask and all that. I only move them if the occupants are known people, not strangers. You want to strangle me from the back and I will get tagged olosho when my dead body is dumped somewhere? Nahhhh!
[/quote]
Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by pocohantas(f): 10:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
acetylcholine:
On point 3, it wouldn't have made sense for me to carry one person in front leaving the backseat empty knowing fully well that they are undergraduates and may end up being late for their CBT/ exam that day.

Don't worry, you won't be strangled but it's a good thing you are security concious.

Nigerians are not very time conscious people. 90% of lateness is deliberate and a function of poor planning. If they wanted to pass the exam, they would be busy revising their notes, not boring you with petty talks.

Have you ever been where "oversabi" undergraduates are gisting non stop? They literarily made the car unconducive for me despite the fact that I was doing them a favour.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 7:41am On Feb 16, 2022
acetylcholine:
Yes o! Any place other than someone else's private space. tongue tongue

Noted
Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:34am On Feb 16, 2022
acetylcholine:
Driving to work alone in the morning is always an opportunity for me to ruminate on how to achieve my set goals for the day or commune with my maker if I wasn't chanced to properly do so earlier.

Due to transportation issues along the route I take to work, I've had to give students and staffs lift a number of times to enable them meet up with exams, lectures or duties.

One thing that annoys me the most is when I give people lift and they misbehave. I once gave some people lift and one received call for almost 5minutes, later on they all started gisting to such an extent I couldn't concentrate on what I wanted to figure out before getting to work

In another instance, one tried to lift my work and lunch bag off the passenger's front seat because other passengers already occupied the back seat. I just politely told her no!
Recently, one man whom I guess was an admin staff sat in front and after the pleasantries, he started whistling a song I don't even know.

I have decided not to give people lift again to avoid being worked up or pissed off! So please share your experience on the kind of behaviour people have exhibted while giving them a lift.

These are all minor, insignificant issues that can easily be overlooked.
Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by 234GT(m): 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
I gave a neighbour a ride one morning and she sprayed perfume on her body.

It choked me so much. I am allergic to sprays.
Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by nairacountry(m): 11:12pm On Feb 16, 2022
pocohantas:

Nigerians are not [/b]very time conscious[b] people. 90% of lateness is deliberate and a function of poor planning. If they wanted to pass the exam, they would be busy revising their notes, not boring you with petty talks.

Many factors resulted into the African time thingy.
Your bus time from Ojota to Badagry isn't very certain nor your driving time according to the Google map is.

Though we still have some lazy a'ss Africans that still get late to appointments in the western world where planning can be mostly accurate. Likewise few non Africans as well.
Re: What Is The Most Annoying Behaviour Someone Displayed In Your Car? by Emodeee: 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2022
pocohantas:
1) The most annoying behaviour has to be sitting in the front seat and not having the decency to use your seatbelt until my car’s stereo pauses. You hear the car beeping, signalling you to use your seatbelt and you still ignore it. What is your problem exactly?

Nothing annoys me more than that.

2) Second on the list has to be people who are very mouthed while riding shotgun. “Follow that man”, “omo you done dull, that car done chance us”, “if na me we for done reach house”.

I used to have a colleague like that. One day I gave him the key and told him to drive himself home, then I will drive myself home from his place. He said he can’t drive automatic. That whenever he drives an automatic, it’ll be like he wants to have an accident. Can you beat that?

You are a bigz girl. Make you show love na.

(1) (Reply)

The Do's And Don't Of A UK Standard Visitors Visa For Nigerians / Anyone In South Sudan???.... / Kindly Advice Me On This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.