Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293523 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by orisebawo(m): 7:09am On Mar 06, 2012
Thanks a lot, you are doing a wonderful job, may God bless you
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by kunlexist(m): 9:12am On Mar 06, 2012
Good day ma pple.
U need a quantity surveyor for your construction works
Kunlexist@yahoo.com
08028662707, 08130209600
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 9:32pm On Mar 09, 2012
Oga Spyder, on behalf of myself and classmates; I thank you wella!!! if no be the knowledge wey you open up to all, I for no start my house-out of fear.

Chief, congrats ooo!!!! peace and love go rain for that your house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2012
DCGUY:

Oga Spyder, on behalf of myself and classmates; I thank you wella!!! if no be the knowledge wey you open up to all, I for no start my house-out of fear.

Chief, congrats ooo!!!! peace and love go rain for that your house.

May the good lord bless you totally.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2012
Elsafema:

Oga spyder you no go die lailai pls am starting my new 5bed room bungerlow at ibadan pls i need rough quotation to limtel level am not dooing any german floor can 1m be enough. how many number of;
cement
sand
block
gravel
iorn
labour.
please oga spyder and all menber of the house help me it is urgent

size
Sitting room: 16x18ft
Dinning: 16x10ft
Kitchen: 13x12ft
store: 12x6ft
all 4bedrooms: 13x16ft(the wardrobe occupies 13x2ft of the each rooms making it 11x16ft) 
Master bedroom: 13x16feet(wardrobe excluding wardrobe space)
Master bedroom wardrobe: 5x6ft
Master bedroom toilet: 5x8ft
Remaining 3 toilets: 5x12ft

The house has a shoot out: 11x12ft

pls am wating for your QUOTATION it is urgent. will 1m be enough to limtel level without german floor.

Where are you building? Lagos? If yes, below is a guide.
cement - maybe 50 bags @ N1950 per bag - N98,000 (30 bags to set 2000 blocks, the remaing 20 bags for foundation and lintel. You may need more though.)

sand - tipper of sharp sand - N46,000
block - 2000 Pcs of 9" at N140 each - N280,000

granite - Buy one 20 tonn tipper and use it for foundation and lintel - N120,000. Gravel is way cheaper
iorn - for lintel? Pillars? A tonn of 12mm is N130,00 or so

labour. - foundation digging (N25,000), casting the foundation (N30,000), setting blocks (N4000 for 100 blocks; or N80,000 for 2000 blocks).

You will need filling sand too to fill the foundation. This number of tippers depends on your land topography.

With your 1M, you can go a long way in making your dream a reality. Go for it.

Hope this helps? Good luck.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Elsafema: 10:35am On Mar 10, 2012
@jerryben12 thank u
@spyder pls send your email to femielukoye@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:40am On Mar 10, 2012
^^^ ok
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Elsafema: 10:44am On Mar 10, 2012
ibrokay:

@ Elsafema
I am also building a 4BR bungalow in Ibadan.
From what i learnt  from this thread,i will advice you to
do the german floor.
The price of cement should be 1850 naira per bag.
Sand is 13k per trip.
Instead of gravel i will advice you to go for granite.
Its just 2,200 naira per tonne,it is more economical compared to gravel.
Labour is not all that expensive,i paid 40k for every 1000 blocks laid.
Anyway am not an expert,but make sure you get the best hands to do the job for you.
All the best.

thanks for you conrtibution but how good is granite compare to gravel pleas and any body
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Elsafema: 11:15am On Mar 10, 2012
spyder880:

^^^ ok

Oga spyder thank you ooooo i got your email i have reply
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gmiky: 1:11pm On Mar 10, 2012
Oga Spydo: following your threads has been a great inspiration and motivation for me to get things started on my Land in Abuja. I got a plan for a 4Bed Duplex but require your advise and input to get started. How do we begin? I need your input on possible projected budget to get a project of such magnitude started and with what I have seen and read on the various scholars here, it really doesn't cost much to accomplish such a project. Expecting your feed back please.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2012
gmiky:

Oga Spydo: following your threads has been a great inspiration and motivation for me to get things started on my Land in Abuja. I got a plan for a 4Bed Duplex but require your advise and input to get started. How do we begin? I need your input on possible projected budget to get a project of such magnitude started and with what I have seen and read on the various scholars here, it really doesn't cost much to accomplish such a project. Expecting your feed back please.

It gladdens my heart to know that any of my people here is starting something, call me any minute of anyday with any advice and I will surely respond. Or you can post your comment here and we can solve it as soon as possible.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by joncro55: 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2012
Wire Mesh is priced differently at different places.

I usually am able to find the cheapest prices for that material, especially in stainless steel, here:

http://www.bwire.com/
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by lizzybabe1(f): 8:22pm On Mar 14, 2012
I think I'm lost. So what is the total cost so far?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:43pm On Mar 14, 2012
lizzybabe1: I think I'm lost. So what is the total cost so far?

Something in the region of N4.8m but no need to throw the costs around till the pictures are out to see where the cash sank into. I am not sure of the actual sum as I have not sat down to sum it all up.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 3:08am On Mar 17, 2012
Spyder - which is the best door for the bedrooms? Any details on the wood type?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Mowire: 4:09am On Mar 17, 2012
@elsafema, and anyone, white river bed gravel (the type common in parts of the SE) is OK for concrete to an extent, but the red (or brown, or green or whatever colour) dug "earth" gravel (the type found in SW) contain excessive amount of silt (dust) and silt "kills" cement, thus is very bad for concrete. Overall: granite though more expensive is the best for concrete. And that is the learned professional advice.

(Frankly, I hate to post in this thread!)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 22, 2012
spyder880:

Something in the region of N4.8m but no need to throw the costs around till the pictures are out to see where the cash sank into. I am not sure of the actual sum as I have not sat down to sum it all up.
Please calculate and tell us
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2012
I really missed this thread when it was with so much life
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2012
spyder880: currently looking to learn more, finished reading these, can anyone suggest more books related to this field.
You need Art of the deal and Art of the Comeback- ,both by Donald Trump. You need Rich dad Poordad and the richdad series, Robert Kiyosaki's mode of real estate is real fun to learn. I have all his book including ;Why we want you to be rich with donald trump; Trump doesn't interest me too much so presently looking to buy 'beating the Dow with bonds-Michael O'Higgins and business Stripped Bare by Sir Richard Branson' I suggest you get 'Beating the DOW-Michael O'Higgins, read it like 3 yrs back, still in my library though'too. Also read 'Losing my Virginity-Sir Richard Branson'. i read a lot but I think the mentioned books will do for now.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by efismikoko(m): 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2012
Good day house pls I need ur help I am building a miniflat and I have gotten to decking level I want to have a rough estimate of how many bags of cement I will buy for decking the miniflat the total measurement is 30 ft by 15 feet thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by blacklion(m): 9:57am On Mar 23, 2012
Hi folks,

Is N5m a realistic estimate for a 4 bedroom duplex with 3 rm BQ at Awoyaya (Ibeju-Lekki)?

Most grateful for your advice/opinions!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:36am On Mar 23, 2012
^^^ although I dont know Ibeju Lekki very well, still I dont think N5m is realistic for building duplex + BQ in any part of Nigeria. Why not start with building the BQ first and while living there, arrange to build the duplex.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by blacklion(m): 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
spyder880: ^^^ although I dont know Ibeju Lekki very well, still I dont think N5m is realistic for building duplex + BQ in any part of Nigeria. Why not start with building the BQ first and while living there, arrange to build the duplex.

Thanks for the frank advice Spyder! I intend to do just that i.e BQ first and build duplex gradually. But I want a working figure.

So is N7-8m more realistic? I'm looking at a very basic and modest design with 2 master bedroom and 3 smaller ones. No atrium, lobby etc. I'm not doing all that marble, granite finishes etc either.

Or should I just go for a bungalow?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by lovetosin: 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2012

Thanks for the frank advice Spyder! I intend to do just that i.e BQ first and build duplex gradually. But I want a working figure.

So is N7-8m more realistic? I'm looking at a very basic and modest design with 2 master bedroom and 3 smaller ones. No atrium, lobby etc. I'm not doing all that marble, granite finishes etc either.

hi,more power to your elbow,as per your Q,i will be frank with you,that #5m wont take you anywhere,am currently building something similar to that just mine could be bigger,but i tell you what,about #5.5m is what has just taken me to only decking(i should be casting the deck work in a matter of week).Ans thats just like the beginning,so i'm just gonna advise you to build a beautiful bungalow like that am-alone one but if you still want the duplex,with just a basic finish,i think #10m should do it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by blacklion(m): 1:11am On Mar 24, 2012
love-tosin:

hi,more power to your elbow,as per your Q,i will be frank with you,that #5m wont take you anywhere,am currently building something similar to that just mine could be bigger,but i tell you what,about #5.5m is what has just taken me to only decking(i should be casting the deck work in a matter of week).Ans thats just like the beginning,so i'm just gonna advise you to build a beautiful bungalow like that am-alone one but if you still want the duplex,with just a basic finish,i think #10m should do it.

@ love-tosin,

Thanks for your advice! Hmmmm...tough decisions. I'm new on this thread - is there a picture of the bungalow by am-alone on this thread or there is a separate thread? Cheers!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by blacklion(m): 8:16pm On Mar 24, 2012
Can any one please advise on the cost of sandfilling a standard plot of land [60 x 120]at Lekki (Idiagbon village]? I'm planning a 5bdrm bungalow and 2rm BQ.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by blacklion(m): 5:32am On Mar 26, 2012
Bump!

No one on this thread any more? cheesy grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sadze: 6:42am On Mar 26, 2012
hi, i am kind of new to this forum and i just need all of your professional advice. i am starting a building project in ibadan and i have commited everything in my dad's care as i dont stay in nija, he told me that they were going to use adcore for the foundation and i dont think i know what that meant, he tried to explain but you know im not familiar with it i only knw granites and gravels. i guess my question is, does adcore perfom the same role as granite or gravel? and by the way the plan is two sitting rooms, kitchen,dinning and 1 room downstair with bathroom ensuite and it has four bedrooms upstairs all with walk in closets and toilets ensuite. thanks for your prompt reply.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:52am On Mar 26, 2012
@ blacklion and sadze, please relocate to our new thread "Strong, beautiful and affordable homes" for more updates and comments/questions.

@sadze, Hardcore stones mean those larger size stones used during the foundation filling to ensure solidity. Some builders recommend it, depending on soil type. I cant find the pictures of it right away.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 7:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
NL has become boring with low activity on this thread. I miss this thread so much!.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
jerryben12: NL has become boring with low activity on this thread. I miss this thread so much!.

I agree with you . . . .
I am hardly on Property section of NL these days . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
spyder880: @ blacklion and sadze, please relocate to our new thread "Strong, beautiful and affordable homes" for more updates and comments/questions.

This thread can never be relocated . . . it is a thread in its own class.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.