Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293290 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 02, 2012
spyder880:

On a lighter note, come see drama for house yesterday as my little kids were sharing the house and allocating portions to themselves, first, my family is very young and we are very close to each other. But my first daughter (7) wants her own room and wants to stay with her younger sister (5) while my son (4) is asking where he will be sleeping grin

Well they calmed down when I told them we have space for all of them, their small bags are packed and ready to leave and the next question after Good morning Daddy is "Are we moving to our house today?" Very emotional,

For me, its only the doors and widows that I need in my own room, maybe I will plaster the room and do the floors next year when the ecoonomy improves grin grin Na my house cheesy

I am typing a letter to my landlord, his quit notice is to be delivered to him as soon as possible!

Very funny indeed
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by diordaves(m): 7:50am On Mar 02, 2012
See, Spyder880 don't do anything your mind tells you not to. You have tried. That is not only a compliment, but a fact!  You have tried for us, you have tried for yourself and even in Baba God eye sef, you don try. So if you feel anything will compromise the safety of your family, even your business strategy, don't do  it.

But I will pray you to continue with your finishing on a need to know basis. How? Why? . You have done a great deal on external structural building and pricing but had never had the opportunity to showcase your finishing acumen and may never have the opportunity to do so now that clients will be reluctant to allow you to showcase internal finishing. That is if you find a client that can build from start to finish without pause.

So your personal project is about the only opportunity you've got for now to sell your fledging business on internal finish. So what I will advice you to do, giving the security fear is to dwell more on costing/pricing. So for example, if you are installing tiles, you can take your camera to the tile market, take some picture and give the price for each type without tell us your choice of tiles, or your choice of doors, or protector, lighting etc. You can also tell us the cost of installation. Truth is, choice is a personal thing so we don't need to know the choice you made. This goes also for your main gate. If you are happy with the quality of installation, let us know. If not, kindly be brave to let us know with highlight on the pitfalls.

With this approach, I should believe your family and business should be fine and our curiosity satisfied. You've tried. Well done!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 8:18am On Mar 02, 2012
[/quote]
spyder880:

On a lighter note, come see drama for house yesterday as my little kids were sharing the house and allocating portions to themselves, first, my family is very young and we are very close to each other. But my first daughter (7) wants her own room and wants to stay with her younger sister (5) while my son (4) is asking where he will be sleeping grin

Well they calmed down when I told them we have space for all of them, their small bags are packed and ready to leave and the next question after Good morning Daddy is "Are we moving to our house today?" Very emotional,

For me, its only the doors and widows that I need in my own room, maybe I will plaster the room and do the floors next year when the ecoonomy improves grin grin Na my house cheesy

I am typing a letter to my landlord, his quit notice is to be delivered to him as soon as possible!

What your kids said is so emotional. Thanks for adding excitement to their lives and also giving them something to look up to. You are a great dad, husband and mentor. I share you option, After plastering the house is ready for habitation. Lord Spyder880, God has been good to you and i rejoice with you. Well done sir.
[quote author=diordaves link=topic=698906.msg10311872#msg10311872 date=1330671041]
See, Spyder880 don't do anything your mind tells you not to. You have tried. That is not only a compliment, but a fact!  You have tried for us, you have tried for yourself and even in Baba God eye sef, you don try. So if you feel anything will compromise the safety of your family, even your business strategy, don't do  it.

But I will pray you to continue with your finishing on a need to know basis. How? Why? . You have done a great deal on external structural building and pricing but had never had the opportunity to showcase your finishing acumen and may never have the opportunity to do so now that clients will be reluctant to allow you to showcase internal finishing. That is if you find a client that can build from start to finish without pause.

So your personal project is about the only opportunity you've got for now to sell your fledging business on internal finish. So what I will advice you to do, giving the security fear is to dwell more on costing/pricing. So for example, if you are installing tiles, you can take your camera to the tile market, take some picture and give the price for each type without tell us your choice of tiles, or your choice of doors, or protector, lighting etc. You can also tell us the cost of installation. Truth is, choice is a personal thing so we don't need to know the choice you made. This goes also for your main gate. If you are happy with the quality of installation, let us know. If not, kindly be brave to let us know with highlight on the pitfalls.

With this approach, I should believe your family and business should be fine and our curiosity satisfied. You've tried. Well done!

I totally agree with diordaves, you don`t know how many houses you have built through the pieces of information that you share on NL. Thaanks but please becareful during the finishing of your mansion with the information that you expose on the public domain. God will reward you for all the good works that you done and still doing.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 8:20am On Mar 02, 2012
[/quote]
spyder880:

For me, its only the doors and widows that I need in my own room, maybe I will plaster the room and do the floors next  year when the ecoonomy improves  grin grin Na my house cheesy

What your kids said is so emotional. Thanks for adding excitement to their lives and also giving them something to look up to. You are a great dad, husband and mentor. I share you option, After plastering the house is ready for habitation. Lord Spyder880, God has been good to you and i rejoice with you. Well done sir.
[quote author=diordaves link=topic=698906.msg10311872#msg10311872 date=1330671041]

I totally agree with diordaves, you don`t know how many houses you have built through the pieces of information that you share on NL. Thaanks but please becareful during the finishing of your mansion with the information that you expose on the public domain. God will reward you for all the good works that you done and still doing.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gtrust: 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2012
One question: why don't Nigerians instal HOT PRESSES in their buildings (plumbing)
instead of having to instal these Italian boilers in their bathrooms
That way hot water will be boiled centrally and hot water will flow anyway you want am!
bathrooms, wash-hand basins, kitchen sink etc
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gtrust: 3:09pm On Mar 02, 2012
double posted! sorry
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
prince_onx:

What's the point if you don't see what you're been quoted? If the look atleast is worth the price or too much for the quoted price?
I think Spyder has carried us so long and as long as we all really need to have a close clue or idea of what it cost to get this kind of house to this stage. Everything else from here is what you want it to be! In other words, from now till the very last task now depend on taste/choice. What you want for the finishing is now what will decide the final cost! Give this N1.5 for example its good to go and at the same time give it another N4m it will happily take it easily!

Well said, Sir . . Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Mar 02, 2012
spyder880:

That is all so cute . . . . Once again, congrats
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by CHANCEMAN: 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2012
I have tried to respond viay e-mail to yours as regards your last mail but it keeps giving me a failure notice.We expect that the project will be completed within the year and it is to be located in Uyo town and we will handle the materials but that aside you could give an estimate.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:26pm On Mar 02, 2012
CHANCEMAN:

I have tried to respond viay e-mail to yours as regards your last mail but it keeps giving me a failure notice.We expect that the project will be completed within the year and it is to be located in Uyo town and we will handle the materials  but that aside you could give an estimate.

So sorry about your inability to send the reply to my mailbox, please check the mail address again.
Ok, have you drawn the house plans and is there any other thing that can hold back the project, community youths, govt. approvals etc?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ferya(f): 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2012
Oga Spyder, Congrats oh! You have finally made it grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:45pm On Mar 02, 2012
Ferya:

Oga Spyder, Congrats oh! You have finally made it grin

Thank you very much, na God grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2012
some tiles laid, this is a new type of tile in the market, presenting problems because its not all tiilers that can do this and do it well, meanwhile I am babysitting them and have had to peel out many tiles twice today. They are starting afresh now.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 03, 2012
It looks really nice.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:04pm On Mar 03, 2012
Thanks my man payless, see how they were doing it before I corrected them, although some people might not notice the difference but these lines should be horizontally placed to create an artistic symmetry that will look nice to the eye.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by CHANCEMAN: 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2012
spyder880:

So sorry about your inability to send the reply to my mailbox, please check the mail address again.
Ok, have you drawn the house plans and is there any other thing that can hold back the project, community youths, govt. approvals etc?

We are still working on getting the house plan approved,i think the land is located in an area deviod of comunity interference.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2012
Spyder ☺ƞ Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ move with giant strides even though e № de gree
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by dasparrow: 4:19am On Mar 05, 2012
Oga Spyder,

Well done Sir. I just have a quick question. How many plots are in 1 acre of land? I have always wondered. Also how many plots of land does one need to build a 4 bedroom bungalow or a 4 bedroom duplex? Thank you Sir.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 9:15am On Mar 05, 2012
dasparrow:

Oga Spyder,

Well done Sir. I just have a quick question. How many plots are in 1 acre of land? I have always wondered. Also how many plots of land does one need to build a 4 bedroom bungalow or a 4 bedroom duplex? Thank you Sir.
Am sure Spyder will also reply to this question but let me give it a shot even though am not a 100% sure! I'll say 10 plots but might be more or less depending on the measurement used per plot (60/120, 100/100, 80/100). Which one is even the right size of a plot? Lol! As per a 4 bedrooms bugalow or duplex, am sure a plot will take care of that! I am also almost tempted to say regardless of how big the 4 bedrooms is but a plot and half or two plots will be morethan enough.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Elsafema: 10:45am On Mar 05, 2012
Oga spyder you no go die lailai pls am starting my new 5bed room bungerlow at ibadan pls i need rough quotation to limtel level am not dooing any german floor can 1m be enough. how many number of;
cement
sand
block
gravel
iorn
labour.
please oga spyder and all menber of the house help me it is urgent

size
Sitting room: 16x18ft
Dinning: 16x10ft
Kitchen: 13x12ft
store: 12x6ft
all 4bedrooms: 13x16ft(the wardrobe occupies 13x2ft of the each rooms making it 11x16ft) 
Master bedroom: 13x16feet(wardrobe excluding wardrobe space)
Master bedroom wardrobe: 5x6ft
Master bedroom toilet: 5x8ft
Remaining 3 toilets: 5x12ft

The house has a shoot out: 11x12ft

pls am wating for your QUOTATION it is urgent. will 1m be enough to limtel level without german floor.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ibrokay(m): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
@ Elsafema
I am also building a 4BR bungalow in Ibadan.
From what i learnt from this thread,i will advice you to
do the german floor.
The price of cement should be 1850 naira per bag.
Sand is 13k per trip.
Instead of gravel i will advice you to go for granite.
Its just 2,200 naira per tonne,it is more economical compared to gravel.
Labour is not all that expensive,i paid 40k for every 1000 blocks laid.
Anyway am not an expert,but make sure you get the best hands to do the job for you.
All the best.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:19pm On Mar 05, 2012
Elsafema:

Oga spyder you no go die lailai pls am starting my new 5bed room bungerlow at ibadan pls i need rough quotation to limtel level am not dooing any german floor can 1m be enough. how many number of;
cement
sand
block
gravel
iorn
labour.
please oga spyder and all menber of the house help me it is urgent

size
Sitting room: 16x18ft
Dinning: 16x10ft
Kitchen: 13x12ft
store: 12x6ft
all 4bedrooms: 13x16ft(the wardrobe occupies 13x2ft of the each rooms making it 11x16ft) 
Master bedroom: 13x16feet(wardrobe excluding wardrobe space)
Master bedroom wardrobe: 5x6ft
Master bedroom toilet: 5x8ft
Remaining 3 toilets: 5x12ft

The house has a shoot out: 11x12ft

pls am wating for your QUOTATION it is urgent. will 1m be enough to limtel level without german floor.

Thanks ibrokay for stepping in,

@elsafema, there are so many things other than room sizes that makes for difference in costs of a house. It will be good if you forward a mail to me.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2012
dasparrow:

Oga Spyder,

6 plots
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 1:23am On Mar 06, 2012
^^
shocked shocked I thought it's more than that? 6 plots at what size per plot if I may ask?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by dasparrow: 5:03am On Mar 06, 2012
spyder880:

6 plots
Ok, so 6 plots of land make an acre. Thank you Sir.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:31am On Mar 06, 2012
New door mounted

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:48am On Mar 06, 2012
more tile work

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by orisebawo(m): 6:18am On Mar 06, 2012
Good morning spider, are the tiles for indoor or outdoor, they look beautiful
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gmiky: 6:30am On Mar 06, 2012
Reporting for classes. Nice work on going, well done spyder
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by orisebawo(m): 6:36am On Mar 06, 2012
Please house, any advice on paint, I have received 3 quotes for a 5 bed duplex + bq

1. 107 drums labour 250k

2. 105 drumss labour 253k

3. 65 drums labour 175k

All advice using dulux or berger, please any advice will be appreciated, I am hoping there are good paints that arent as expensive as dulux and berger
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:55am On Mar 06, 2012
orisebawo:

Good morning spider, are the tiles for indoor or outdoor, they look beautiful

Good morning, the tiles are external.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.