Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning (29221 Views)

Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. / Four Different, But Confusing Words: / Confusing English Words/Phrases You Probably Do Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Mariangeles(f): 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2022
Fixed:
I'm/Am

People use am in place of I'm and they do it so confidently. Majority don't even know it is not correct.

Even Elon Musk did one time, and we all pretended like it didn’t matter. smiley

Just be very good at what you do and make money, whether your spellings are correct or not won’t matter much.
People must understand you.
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Jerryhare: 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ogun/beheading

Borno/bomb

Buhari/bubu

Imo/killing

Police/corrupt

Nepa/darkness
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2022
Japa/ my dream
Naija yoots/Lazy
Nigeria Police/extortion
Relationship/unnecessary spending
Politicians/corruption
Buhari/Nightmare
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Crieff(m): 6:15pm On Feb 16, 2022
Though not a word but a phrase and how it's correctly used.
How do you properly respond to the question below and what does those response actually mean.

Do you mind having noodles for dinner?

Yes I do mind
Yes I don't mind
No I don't mind
No I do mind

1 Like

Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Munzy14(m): 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

Oh! I sorola ndi committee comrade? grin
O ji ato m ochi eeh..grin

Hapu mufasa o choro i piawa m azu na one thread...mu a gbara the ball gbabara ya ebe a.. cheesy

2-1 grin

1 Like

Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by jojo1415: 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
Last and Lost grin
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by jojo1415: 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
Lost and Lust
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by micflo28(m): 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Faithful/fateful
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by EgusiShankly: 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Rout/Route
cheesy
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Mariangeles(f): 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Munzy14:

O ji ato m ochi eeh..grin

Hapu mufasa o choro i piawa m azu na one thread...mu a gbara the ball gbabara ya ebe a.. cheesy

2-1 grin

Ronaldo! A huna’m gi. grin
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by tchidi066(f): 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
elyte89:
Advise/advice
One is a noun, one is a verb
Advice(She yielded to my advice) noun
Advise(I advised her to take the second option)verb

2 Likes

Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Mariangeles(f): 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
Crieff:
How do you properly respond to the question below and what does those response actually mean.

Yes I do mind
Yes I don't mind
No I don't mind
No I do mind

The correct reply to that would be either Yes, I do mind. Meaning, you don’t want. Or No, I don’t mind. Meaning, you want.

5 Likes

Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by brickbreakers(m): 6:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
grin cheesy
helinues:
grin
Were/were
One is past tense of Are
While the second one is for mad person

grin
helinues:
grin
Were/were
One is past tense of Are

Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Mufasaa(m): 6:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nice one
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Goldbw122(m): 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
English is hard that's what they said
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by tchidi066(f): 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
[quote author=micflo28 post=110283831]Faithful/fateful [/quot/Faithful-staying true or being committed (She has been faithful to her partner)
Fate- like condition or circumstance surrounding someone(Her fate is such a pitiful one/ She has accepted her fate )
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by chegbe1104: 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2022
Loss/loose
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by dinosquard(f): 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2022
Site/cite
Fatefully/faithfully
Cause/course
Grate/great
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by AdeniyiA(m): 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ascent /assent/accent
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by tchidi066(f): 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
Crieff:

Yes I do mind
Yes I don't mind
No I don't mind
No I do mind
No, I don't mind(I actually want noodles)
Yes, I do mind(I don't want noodles)
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Awoleesu(m): 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
*Create - to bring into existence something that hasn't been before.
*Crate - a rack or container holding such things as eggs, bottles etc.

*Credibility - worthy of trust or to be believed.
*Creditability - ascribe note or praise to ...

*Plane - A flat shaped surface or
short for an aeroplane.
*Plain - a clear, pure or apparent thing.

*Career - a line of trade, study or profession.
*Carrier - a device used to move or lift things or persons e.g an aircraft.

*Dairy - of or relating to milk. Milk products.
*Diary - usually a collection of dated events or memoirs in a book.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by tchidi066(f): 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
Another thing is a lot of us mistaken indomie for noodles, you will hear someone say, "Buy me Tommy Tommy indomie" it should be Tommy Tommy noodles
Again it is detergent not omo. Ariel detergent not Ariel omo
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by NohurryInLife: 6:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
helinues:
grin

Were/were

One is past tense of Are

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Munzy14(m): 6:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

Ronaldo! A huna’m gi. grin
O foro ballon di' or.. grin

1 Like

Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Successkay12(m): 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2022
helinues:
grin

Were/were

One is past tense of Are

I swear d second one is for u...����
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Pussyassniggar(f): 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
helinues:
grin

Were/were

One is past tense of Are

grin grin grin
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by thatigboman1: 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
jclassiq:
Egbé and égbè.
Good luck differentiating that one...lmao
hawk and gun?
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by ciro11(m): 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ram/ram
The first one means a male sheep while the second means to strike something hard.
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ogun (state)
Ogun (war)
Ogun (inheritance)
Ogun(balance)
Ogun (charm)
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by thatigboman1: 6:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Munzy14:

Plus Aids /Aide.... cool
aid/aide
Re: List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning by helinues: 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
Successkay12:

I swear d second one is for u...����

Fits me Wella gan

The inspiration na were ....

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JAMB UTME 2018: Live Thread And Reports / Okeke Solomon Ekene Emerges Best Graduating Student In Russian University / Newly Admitted UNICAL Students Pour Each Other Water To Celebrate (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.