Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict (22672 Views)

Lt Colonel Abubakar-Surajo Imam: 1st Nigeria Army Officer To Bag A Professorship / ASUU Declares Pantami’s Professorship Illegal, To Sanction FUTO VC, Others / Newswire Retracts Story About Terrorist Watchlist. Pantami Reacts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by dre11(m): 11:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
In September, 2021, Mr Ibrahim was among seven academics who were elevated by the council of FUTO to the position of professorship at the council’s 186th meeting.

By Mojeed Alabi

Nigeria’s minister of communications and digital economy, Isa Ibrahim, popularly known as Pantami, has reacted to the verdict passed by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) on his appointment as a professor of Cybersecurity by the Federal University of Technology, Oweri (FUTO).

Mr Ibrahim, who spoke on Wednesday while addressing journalists shortly after the Federal Executive Council Meeting (FEC) which was chaired by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, said he would refrain from publicly speaking on the issue because the matter is in court.

The minister had spoken extensively on a policy document approved by FEC which mandates government officials and agencies to mandatorily use official emails with the government’s domain name, but when asked about the ASUU’s position on his professorship award, he declined comment.

The minister said: “On your second question, no comment. No comment, and no comment. That is my position. I’m here for an official assignment that focuses on my responsibility. So anything to deal with my ministry of communications and digital economy, I can be subjected to you and that is why I come here. I couldn’t go anywhere.

“What is most important is that the institutions you have mentioned are in court. As a government official, do you know what contempt of court is? You need to know. So because of this, I’m a law-abiding citizen.”

In September, 2021, Mr Ibrahim was among seven academics who were elevated by the council of FUTO to the position of professorship at the council’s 186th meeting.

The university, in a statement, listed others to include Lawrence Ettu as a professor of civil engineering; Godfrey Emeghara as a professor of maritime management technology; Okechukwu Onyelucheya as a professor of chemical engineering; Alex Opara and Chikwendu Okereke as professors of geology, among others.

The development had attracted controversy among Nigerians, especially academics, who described the process leading to the appointment as “unprecedented and illegal.”

Backstory

ASUU on Monday gave its verdict on the professorship awarded to Mr Ibrahim, describing the appointment as illegal.

At a media briefing held at the University of Lagos at the end of its two-day marathon meeting of the union’s National Executive Council (NEC), ASUU said the review of the processes that led to Mr Ibrahim’s appointment as a professor , were against the laid-down procedures within the university system.

The union’s president, Emmanuel Osodeke, said: “ASUU NEC rejects in its entirety the purported appointment of Dr Isah Ali Ibrahim Pantami as a professor of cybersecurity.

“From the evidence available to us, Dr Pantami was not qualified, and the said appointment violated established procedure for appointment of professors in the university.

“NEC directs all members and branches of our union throughout the Nigerian federation not to recognize, accord or treat Dr Isah All Ibrahim Pantami as a professor of cybersecurity under any quise NEC.”

ASUU said the latest decision was a follow-up to an earlier decision taken in 2021 when it set up a committee to visit the university to investigate the circumstances leading to the appointment.

Sanction threat

Meanwhile, ASUU said it will sanction all its members who may have taken part in the processes, saying such will serve as deterrence to others.

“NFC also resolved to sanction all ASUU members who participated in the process that led to the illegal appointment in accordance with the established procedures of our union,” ASUU said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/511986-alleged-illegal-professorship-pantami-reacts-to-asuus-verdict.html

Previous threads
https://www.nairaland.com/6986089/ASUU-declares-pantamis-professorship-illegal
And
https://www.nairaland.com/6987630/futo-sues-ASUU-over-pantamis

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Fahdiga(m): 11:50pm On Feb 16, 2022
Only under a lifeless terrorist will a well known jihadist and an academic fraudster will remain a minister

108 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by MoneyGoDrop: 12:07am On Feb 17, 2022
Interesting development.....

1 Like

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by chatinent: 12:11am On Feb 17, 2022
How they speak in the media sounds differently from the reality.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by NwaNimo1(m): 12:14am On Feb 17, 2022

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Racoon(m): 12:24am On Feb 17, 2022
Isah Pantami is a well known an BH sympathizer and terrorist who should never be involved in a desperate taboo of defending a fraudulent haram certificate.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:24am On Feb 17, 2022
Pantami should quietly die this case and refrain from referring to himself as a professor. He is not one and can't be one for at least a decade starting from the day he does the needful. Why do Nigerians love highfalutin titles so much is a question that continues to baffle me. Nonsense cool

PS: heads definitely must roll, all those who were complicit in granting Pantami that professorship should be severely dealt with accordingly. Nigeria's educational system is in a coma, we shouldn't let some buffoons murder the system completely via corruption

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by slimfit1(m): 12:39am On Feb 17, 2022
He is the reason Biden will never respect Bihari as a human being. He won't say it in public. For him to still be in the cabinet Bihari won't step into the White House for the rest of his tenure. Buhari is a Jihad sympathizer that is what his ministerial position meant. This man has destroyed little respect people had for us.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by FreeStuffsNG: 1:12am On Feb 17, 2022
Fahdiga:
Only under a lifeless terrorist will a well known jihadist and an academic fraudster will remain a minister

Hmmm.. You better go and face your studies and life so that one day newspapers will even be using your "no comment" to sell their newspapers.

The two people you hate; one(Dr Pantami) has a PhD no one is questioning and the other one you hate( Gen. Buhari) because he is not also from your tribe, is a war veteran and reached the pinnacle of his career and 30 years after still returned to be a President.

Achievers like Pantami and PMB you hate did not waste their prime idlying away on the internet and cowardly hiding behind a keyboard to make hate speeches and insult folks old enough to be your grandparents.

I hope you will one day look back, read your comments and realize that every insult you threw online actually manifested in your life so you can tell others who may want to toe your bad path not to do it wink
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Judolisco(m): 4:59am On Feb 17, 2022
ASUU wey no send federal government who come be pantami? Oga if u want to be a Prof go back to class

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Nobody: 5:00am On Feb 17, 2022
Oshey. Reactant.
Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Maxymilliano(m): 5:02am On Feb 17, 2022
But na by force to be Professor ?

He should simply follow the process of becoming a professor if he truly desire to be one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Nobody: 5:12am On Feb 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Hmmm.. You better go and face your studies and life so that one day newspapers will even be using your "no comment" to sell their newspapers.

The two people you hate; one(Dr Pantami) has a PhD no one is questioning and the other one you hate( Gen. Buhari) because he is not also from your tribe, is a war veteran and reached the pinnacle of his career and 30 years after still returned to be a President.

Achievers like Pantami and PMB you hate did not waste their prime idlying away on the internet and cowardly hiding behind a keyboard to make hate speeches and insult folks old enough to be your grandparents.

I hope you will one day look back, read your comments and realize that every insult you threw online actually manifested in your life wink

You Said all these rubbish, yet you're still a BMC living on 30k stipend

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Doyou2019: 5:17am On Feb 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I hope you will one day look back, read your comments and realize that every insult you threw online actually manifested in your life wink
grin

My fellow Nairalanders, is it not ironic how this particular BMC, who spends all his time on here each day defending his shameless principals like his existence depends on it, is the same one castigating another over idling themselves away on the internet?

The wonders of 30k grin grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Godjone(m): 5:19am On Feb 17, 2022
This jihadist should go and burn in hell abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Doyou2019: 5:22am On Feb 17, 2022
Faller:

You Said all these rubbish, yet you're still a BMC living on 30k stipend

Unfortunately,that 30k is the value of his soul, Don't be deceived by his flowery English; dem plenty for this forum - idiots with no morals

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Enemyofpeace: 5:23am On Feb 17, 2022
Fokn head slammer, bloody terrorist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Passionnn: 5:23am On Feb 17, 2022
He
Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by jyz200(m): 5:24am On Feb 17, 2022
ASUU way no send anybody papa
E no kukuma concern me
Light my kpoli
AdventHero:
Hmmm....We can't stop praying for our dear country; we must be proactive and honest - from the smallest child in the street, to the richest man in the throne of power.

Meanwhile...here's a short video; you can be an uncontested Professor of Faith!

But the question is, ARE YOU EXERCISING YOUR FAITH? ARE YOU GROWING IN FAITH?
Kindly share and join us now to learn more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xReYZm6tNrY

The earlier you know prayer can’t solve shit the better for you

1 Like

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by BAZ001: 5:26am On Feb 17, 2022
How can you become a professor with lecturing ?
You start from a lecturer then move up or Na me be olodo ?
Nigeria Govt especially this APC can confuse you by making the abnormal turn normal.

Lie lie govt

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by CSTRR: 5:27am On Feb 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I hope you will one day look back, read your comments and realize that every insult you threw online actually manifested in your life so you can tell others who may want to toe your bad path not to do it wink
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
What of me?
I hate them and it is not because they are not from my tribe.

Go and see the cost of goods in the market.
Inflation is 15% right now.
Possibly the third highest in the world.
Higher than in Iran that is under severe sanctions.

What is buhari doing?

Go and see people queueing for fuel and tell me who likes a govt that does that?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by sagitariusbaby(m): 5:31am On Feb 17, 2022
The fraud university of technology in Owerri should be shut down, they are not qualified to be included in Nigeria universities. The certificate they issue is highly questionable, it's a place where the highest bidders take it all. Nonse*nse

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by BLoomfrancs(m): 5:38am On Feb 17, 2022
When I say school na scam, some mumu people no go understand. The same professorship some people get after years and years of hardwork, financial strain, sleepless nights, and neck-deep stress, etc is what a whole university just presented to a nobody for free, a racist jihadist for that matter. undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by dele1727: 5:43am On Feb 17, 2022
Fahdiga:

grin grin grin

Yet it was a group of people who is full of life that made him a professor...
In owerri too, by a set of people who call others as slaves.... and yet hand over professorship to such a fulani as described by you here...

Hypocrisy everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Bigpapi: 5:46am On Feb 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You have a cow brain

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Arabaincubus: 5:48am On Feb 17, 2022
That's the shameless Fraudfessor.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by F22RAPTOR(m): 5:50am On Feb 17, 2022
For a while now, academics have shown that they have an even higher propensity for deep rooted corruption. So i am not surprised. The returning officers that falsify election results, are they not profs? Pandemic's award is child's play compared to what these guys can do.

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by sobutehul: 5:52am On Feb 17, 2022
cool
Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by FreeStuffsNG: 5:55am On Feb 17, 2022
CSTRR:

What of me?
I hate them and it is not because they are not from my tribe.

Go and see the cost of goods in the market.
Inflation is 15% right now.
Possibly the third highest in the world.
Higher than in Iran that is under severe sanctions.

What is buhari doing?

Go and see people queueing for fuel and tell me who likes a govt that does that?

Your own hatred and bigotry is from them not coming from your religion or the political party you support wink

@ bolded is a lie from the pit of hell and it is still why you are not so different from those bigots. You hate your fellow human beings based on lies and self inflicted ignorance wink

Without rent o, the monthly cost of maintaining a family of 4 ( Father,Mother and say two children to make 4) costs $1587 ( equivalent of N714,150 in naira). So with rent, a family of 4 will not cost anything less than N1million monthly to run. In Nigeria, that is like twice the amount some families of 4 spend a whole year yet they are able to feed,cloth and send their children to school.

Check out the screenshot of the cost of living in Iran and compare to that of Nigeria. Iran is way far too expensive!

Bigotry and hatred is evil, evil is bad. Nothing good can God bless to ever come out of your life if you are evil. Just repent before you let social media destroy your destiny wink

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Iran

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by AdventHero: 5:56am On Feb 17, 2022
jyz200:

The earlier you know prayer can’t solve shit the better for you

Prayer is a tool in the hands of the disciplined, not an excuse as used by the lazy.

God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Professorship: Pantami Reacts To ASUU’s Verdict by Ojukwudfugitive: 5:57am On Feb 17, 2022
dre11:
Such aberration can only happen in the Southeastern University where prices are laid on them for hatchet job.
He chose FUTO because these people can sell their mother for a pot of porridge.
The love of money should have bounds!!!

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/511986-alleged-illegal-professorship-pantami-reacts-to-asuus-verdict.html

Previous threads
https://www.nairaland.com/6986089/ASUU-declares-pantamis-professorship-illegal
And
https://www.nairaland.com/6987630/futo-sues-ASUU-over-pantamis

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC'll Win Kogi, Bayelsa 2019 Governorship Election - Tinubu / Court Grants N500m Bail To Alhassan Ado Doguwa / Bulkachuwa Asks Court To Stop ICPC From Probing Him For Influencing His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.