Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,247 members, 7,864,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:16 PM

You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers (418 Views)

Nigeria Can Manufacture Own Vehicles, Aircraft, Weapons — Osinbajo / You’re Acting Opposition Script, Osinbajo Tells Obasanjo / Your Time To Run For President Has Not Come Yet – Osinbajo Tells Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by TheRareGem1(f): 5:36am On Feb 18, 2022
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) has reiterated the need for Nigerians to showcase several talents across the creative, and other sectors to the world.

The VP also said film-makers have very strong weapons to bring about social change.

Emphasising the need to pay more attention to the country’s human resources, Osinbajo noted that Nigeria’s creative sector was one of the most vibrant anywhere.

Osinbajo made the call on Wednesday night when he received Kannywood stars delegation at Presidential Villa.

This was contained in a statement signed by his spokesman, Laolu Akande, and titled, ‘Osinbajo & Baba Buhari, We Have Come With the Song Again – Kannywood Stars’.

Osinbajo said, “When you look at our country, here is a fantastic country, with talents from every corner, but it can also be a place where people are just fighting, quarrelling over nothing; whereas we can bring, with the power of what you are doing, we can bring people together, we can bring all our people together.

“If you look at sports, if you look at entertainment, they can bring people together. And we must use it to bring our people together, we must use this talent to bring our people together.

“I like the film industry. I enjoy comedy, I enjoy songs in whatever language, and I’m sure there are so many who are interested. Even sometimes looking at a video when you don’t even speak the language, you look at a video you’ll laugh because you know that it is funny.

“So, sometimes it does not matter the language in which it is delivered, people will laugh so long as it is funny. I think that you have a very strong weapon – the creative industry, has a very strong weapon – drama, music, comedy, these are very powerful and you can use them to do so many things and we must use it to do so many things.

“The usefulness of your talent is not just for a small set of people, but it is for everybody because your contributions are very important.”

Speaking through their spokesman, Yakubu Mohammed, the Kannywood stars restated their commitment to the Buhari administration, adding that they would continue to support the government.

They also solicited government assistance in helping to address some of the challenges the industry was facing especially in the area of financial enablement.

https://punchng.com/you-have-strong-weapons-osinbajo-tells-film-makers/?
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by maybanks: 5:39am On Feb 18, 2022
I hope thise from the Yoruba movie part of Nollywood take heed of prof Osinbajo's admonition and stop giving us Money ritual themed movies.
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by helinues: 5:42am On Feb 18, 2022
Abi oo
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by TheRareGem1(f): 5:47am On Feb 18, 2022
maybanks:
I hope thise from the Yoruba movie part of Nollywood take heed of prof Osinbajo's admonition and stop giving us Money ritual themed movies.

Exactly! Igbo Nollywood too.... Hausa use to do such but you barely see them airing in kannywood movies.
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by TheRareGem1(f): 5:49am On Feb 18, 2022
Talents are diverse in this country, Nigeria is just blessed with youthful, and talented population....all we need is change of hearts both from leaders and followerships... because people are bad
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by Moferere: 5:50am On Feb 18, 2022
maybanks:
Yoruba is your headache. Better don't die of hbp
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by okefranci: 7:27am On Feb 18, 2022
kiss
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by Elvictor: 7:37am On Feb 18, 2022
This illiterate professor again.

Illiterate interloper patron, I can't read his rubbish, he can never make sense.

Someone who ran down Nigeria's economy can never make sense to me, let me go and read from erudite.
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by Lattop1(m): 7:40am On Feb 18, 2022
Elvictor:
This illiterate professor again.

Illiterate interloper patron, I can't read his rubbish, he can never make sense.

Someone who ran down Nigeria's economy can never make sense to me, let me go and read from erudite.
No one in ur Generation will ever get to his level

No be curse
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by TheRareGem1(f): 8:19am On Feb 18, 2022
Lattop1:

No be curse

You come give am bazuka like that. You wicked o

Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by Armaggedon: 8:25am On Feb 18, 2022
Kannywoid is a dead industry
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by Zeemam: 9:32am On Feb 18, 2022
Nigerians are talented!
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by Blackfire(m): 9:46am On Feb 18, 2022
House boy feeling funky

North2023

Anyways I sell cows o
Re: You Have Strong Weapons, Osinbajo Tells Film Makers by Elvictor: 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2022
Lattop1:

No be curse

We can't be at his level, because we are all going to surpass him.

Run along boy!

(1) (Reply)

Middle-belt Deserves To Produce Next President, Says Fani-kayode / What's Your Sincere And Objective View On The Russia - Ukraine War? / Russia will ban Instagram in 48 hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.