Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,488 members, 7,865,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff (13125 Views)

Consumers Kick As FG Raises Prices Of Prepaid Meters / Protest In Osun Over Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fuel Price (Photos) / Edo 2020: PDP Youths Kick Over Waiver For Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by tutudesz: 3:43pm On Feb 18, 2022
ikorodureporta:
They've increased the tariff twice now without informing us...& NERC isn't saying anything...they even ran away from facebook
November last year and this month without any announcement.
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by BabaO2: 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2022
NERC is loaded with incompetent people. They have silently been increasing it more than four times. It is a big shame, no ome is defending the masses in this government since fashola left as power minister, the new northern person that assumed the position has been conniving with his northern cronies to silently increase power rate more than four times now and no one is talking
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by Twoclans(f): 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2022
When I bought power last week,Buy power notified me that there was an increase by AEDC .Do I have a choice ? I took the units they offered me and loaded.
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by do4luv14(m): 3:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
SarkinYarki:
See Buhari is deliberately destroying this country

That Adultery fuel, and this silent increase inn tarrif, are both a well worked plan to comply Nigerians to believe of that outrageous subsidy payment voucher of 2trillion naira

1 Like

Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by connkg(m): 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2022
madridguy:
Even with prepaid meter you will wondering what is drinking your unit.

It's funny how everyone remains in a higher regime/ class, even when supply is below the minimum number of hours for the lowest regime/ class.
All classes ought to collapse into a uniform regime when supply is below the minimum of the lowest class. The fuel or diesel alternative is unavailable now and all one has is an apology from NNPC?
That's how INEC apologised to those who wasted money on high transport fares at 2am on the postponed election day, during the last elections.
Nigerians feed well on apologies from the Police, Army, Health Service, Civil Service, INEC, NNPC, the Presidency.
Nigerians need to feed on compensations, instead.

3 Likes

Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by tolue42(m): 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
ikorodureporta:
These people are taking us for granted..without this increment, my area in Ikorodu is pegged at 12hrs daily - D class, but the unit I was served in my December bill was close to 500

Tell me how 12 x 31 got to 400, even with a day off & 2 days on rationing..

Give us meters & stop this fraud!

See they are thesame thing, criminals milking us.

Late January in Abuja, I bought 2000 Naira and I was given 39.9 unit, only to recharge again mid February, I was given 36 units ...even the 36 units don't last for a week
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by TooMuchStuff: 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2022
Gbam.

I talk am say Nepa don maga us
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by FireUpNow(m): 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2022
Electricity tariff adjustment to finance Tinubu's presidential ambition useless regime of APC
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by Blackdisciple(m): 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
In every sector in Nigeria if they didn't strangle the masses they can't do anything, we are still struggling with fuel matter NEPA is biting from the other side chaiii
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by Ombudsman1: 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
I STILL PITY THOSE NOT EARNING IN DOLLARS
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by alpharoyalty: 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2022
We are all in this together. No party affiliation, no tribal affiliation.
Buhari is killing everybody gradually
Thank God I am ok. smiley
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by MansoryMX(m): 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2022
inoki247:
The country just dey somehow...

Thank God I don disconnect myself for like 8month now nd I no die...

Na bypassing method I dey on a steady as my area dey so isolated from Nepa people to penetrate

1 Like

Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by nedekid: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2022
GboyegaD:
I'm hoping the events happening will shapen us to vote wisely in the next election.
For where? Nigerians never learn.
We enjoy suffering and smiling. undecided

1 Like

Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by ultimatekint(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2022
ikorodureporta:
These people are taking us for granted..without this increment, my area in Ikorodu is pegged at 12hrs daily - D class, but the unit I was served in my December bill was close to 500

Tell me how 12 x 31 got to 400, even with a day off & 2 days on rationing..

Give us meters & stop this fraud!
If you collect the meter , double problem !
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by Benwallt(m): 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2022
why doing it silently. I almost had a fight with the guy I was buy nepa card from earlier this month. Instead of the usual 104units I go 92units and bitter argument ensured. I bought last week and it was still the same 92units and d way the thing runs, no be here o
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by proclinician: 5:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
the funny this is that all those miserable bastards supporting buhari, calling him their darling daddy and praising him are all immersed in the same difficult situation.

today i heard the on station selling fuel is bout 3 km away. i blow empty tank reach there, on getting there, they have stopped selling, i manage to crawl out my moto don stop for middle of nowhere. i see towing van for road give am 4k to tie rope to my moto and drag it about 2km so i go park it in a safe place till i find fuel. towing van waka small begin overheat. driver abandon am there de go find mechanic. i weak finally.

2 Likes

Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by GboyegaD(m): 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
nedekid:

For where? Nigerians never learn.
We enjoy suffering and smiling. undecided

If this pain isn't wnpugh to reset us then, can we stop bothering God?

1 Like

Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by Mayeldah(m): 5:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
Noticed same thing here in Lagos when I recharged last week.

Government and DISCOs joining hand to rip off citizens yet for the past one month power supply has been very poor.

NERC and APC and Buhari are evil.
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by tommy589(m): 5:49pm On Feb 18, 2022
shidof:
Ikeja Electric distribution company also increased the tarrifs last week. I usually received 184 units for #10000 but I received 174 units last week. They thought we won't spot the difference. This is like the second times in 3 months they've increased the price. They didn't really care about us or how we will feel. It's all all about the disco and FG interest

Same thing I observed here, but because of the years of crazy bills I was indifferent to the marginal increase. It is not about the units price alone,without additional appliances it consume more units than before

1 Like

Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by okeke6969: 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2022
*STATE OF THE NATION*
*A SELF DECEIVING COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA !!*

*Twenty-one senators currently receiving pensions from government as ex-governors and deputy governors.*

*The current senators who once served as governors are Ibrahim Gaidem of Yobe, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau of Kano, Kabiru Gaya of Kano, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Theodore Orji of Abia, Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa, Sam Egwu of Ebonyi, Shaaba Lafiagi of Kwara, Joshua Dariye of Plateau Jonah Jang of Plateau, Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko of Sokoto, Ahmed Sani Yarima of Zamfara, Danjuma Goje of Gombe, Bukar Abba Ibrahim of Yobe, Adamu Aliero of Kebbi, George Akume of Benue and Isiaka Adeleke of Osun and so on*

*The former deputy governors in the Senate are Ms Biodun Olujimi of Ekiti and Enyinaya Harcourt Abaribe of Abia. Danladi Abubakar Sani served as the acting governor of Taraba state.*

*Many former governors are also in Buhari's Cabinet as Ministers. This includes: Ngige, Fayemi, Amaechi and Fashola (SAN)*

*In Akwa Ibom State, the law provides that ex governors and deputy governors receive pension equivalent to the salaries of the incumbent. The package also includes a new official car and a utility vehicle every four years; one personal aide; a cook, chauffeurs and security guards for the governor at a sum not exceeding N5 million per month and N2.5 million for his deputy governor.*

*In Rivers, the law provides 100 percent of annual basic salaries for the ex-governor and deputy, one residential house for the former governor “anywhere of his choice in Nigeria”; one residential house anywhere in Rivers for the deputy, three cars for the ex-governor every four years and two cars for the deputy every four years.*

*It is alledged that in Lagos, a former governor will get two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja, estimated at N500 million in Lagos and N700 million in Abuja. He also receives six new cars to be replaced every three years; a furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a N30 million pension annually for life.*

*This is the reality for all the 21 ex govenors and deputy governors who are currently serving as senators. This same is also true of ex governors who are now serving as Ministers.*

*NOW I ASK:*
*How many years did these guys serve their states as governors and deputy governors?Is it more than 8years? Is that a reason to be entitled to pensions for life?* *Even if they are entitled to pension for life, must it be so outrageous?*

*As if that is not enough: HOW on earth can any public servant with conscience collect salaries and allowances as a senator or minister, and still have the audacity to claim pensions equivalent to the salaries of a serving governor in Nigeria?*

*IT ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE. *

*Once you are elected a senator or appointed a minister, you must forfeit any pension accruing to you from government at any level until you vacate office. This should also apply to senators collecting military pensions like former Senate President David Mark.*

*Yet these senators are in the Senate that is inviting the current finance minister to discuss the recession of Nigeria's economy. A senator pockets approximately 30 million naira monthly as salary and allowances. Our "honourables" are not interested to make laws that could restructure our country into economically autonomous federating States/Regions to save the country from sectional agitations that is threatening to destroy Nigeria. The sad and hopeless situation is that the rest of Nigerians are busy arguing based on party, ethnic and affiliations while these enemies of state continue to rape us.*

*Do you know that it costs tax payers 290m Naira yearly to maintain each member of our National Assembly in a country where nothing works & 80% of population earn below 300 Naira a day ? A working day earning of a senator is more than a yearly income of a doctor; it's more than the salary of 42 Army generals or 48 professors or 70 commissioners of police or more than twice the pay of the US President or 9 times the salary of US congressmen.*

*It's high time the country had a referendum on those outrageous salaries of Senators, House of Representative members and other political office holders.*

*If you are seriously against the looting of our commonwealth in Nigeria, in the name of democracy, you can let this piece go viral by sharing it with as many of your contacts and groups too!*

Keep sharing this post

1 Like

Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by dochenaj: 8:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
BabaO2:
NERC is loaded with incompetent people. They have silently been increasing it more than four times. It is a big shame, no ome is defending the masses in this government since fashola left as power minister, the new northern person that assumed the position has been conniving with his northern cronies to silently increase power rate more than four times now and no one is talking
Add corruption to incompetence and you have tragedy.
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by Hybrid600: 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2022
DM for your inverter installation both in homes and offices.
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by shidof(m): 8:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
tommy589:

Same thing I observed here, but because of the years of crazy bills I was indifferent to the marginal increase. It is not about the units price alone,without additional appliances it consume more units than before
that's another discussion for another day
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by Abujaexpress: 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
inoki247:
The[i] country just dey somehow...

[/i][b][/b] I Swear

Thank God I don disconnect myself for like 8month now nd I no die...
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by Cloven22: 9:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
This incessant tariff increase is not fair on the public.

If your car has broken down and you out of funds, run over to Flickwheel for a loan you can pay back in installments with shikini intereste.
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by maasoap(m): 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2022
SarkinYarki:
See Buhari is deliberately destroying this country

Your brain is failing. No be u guys encouraged Jona the ineffectual buffoon to sell power sector?
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by Bimpe29: 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2022
The impunity in this country is unimaginable.
Re: Consumers Kick Over Silent Increase In Electricity Tariff by SarkinYarki: 10:19pm On Feb 18, 2022
maasoap:

Your brain is failing. No be u guys encouraged Jona the ineffectual buffoon to sell power sector?
Between Buhari and Jonathan who is ineffectual?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three INEC Staff Died In Benue / There Is Suffering In The Land, Saraki Tells Buhari / Chibuike Amaechi Celebrates His 54th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.