Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies (18487 Views)

Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor' / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Have Not Received Salary Since I Became Governor Of Osun' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
• Osun govt alleges stockpiling of fake NSCDC uniforms

• Parties sign pact of good conduct with police

The Minister of Interior and former governor of Osun State, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, said yesterday that he begged his successor, Governor Adegboyega Oyetola, for two years not to fight him or destroy the policies and legacies he enacted during his eight years tenure.

He said Oyetola waged a war against him after he emerged as the governor because he alleged that he did not support his candidature in 2018.

Aregbesola, speaking at Isale Abata in Ikire during the Ayedaade/Isokan/Irewole Federal Constituency meeting with stakeholders of the party at a rally to endorse former Secretary to the State Government, Moshood Adeoti, ahead of tomorrow’s All Progressives Congress (APC) primary, said: “I begged Oyetola for two years. I sent people to help me beg him that he should not destroy my legacies and policies. He refused the pleas.

“Our hope is in God and the good people of Osun State. Nobody can overcome God. It is not a sin to contest for a position in a democratic government. The constitution of the party stipulates that after four years, we can change our candidate. But if he abides by the tenets of the party, we will support him for another term.”
Speaking about his aspirant, he said: “The leaders of the party have agreed that we should go back to where we missed the road in 2018. We have realised our mistake that the person we ought to put in front, we neglected him. We followed an ingrate and a wicked soul.”

Osun State Government has alleged in a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Funke Egbemode, that some persons have stockpiled the uniforms of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), and the Nigerian Correctional Service with intent to distribute them to non-state actors for use during tomorrow’s APC governorship primary.

The government warned those behind the plot to jettison the idea, as security operatives have been put on the alert and mandated to deal with anyone bent on causing violence and destruction in the state.

The leaders of parties have signed an agreement with the police command to be of good conduct during the primaries.

Addressing the leaders before they signed the agreement at a peace meeting held at the command headquarters in Osogbo yesterday, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Valentine Kanayo, warned politicians and residents against taking the law into their hands before, during and after the election slated for July 16.

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-begged-oyetola-for-two-years-not-to-tamper-with-my-legacies-says-aregbesola/

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 18, 2022
Unpaid workers salaries

65 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:20pm On Feb 18, 2022
Revolution2022:
Unpaid workers salaries

The thing confused my confusion sotey I started wondering when Hafu-Salary became a legacy cheesy angry

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by dawnomike(m): 9:27pm On Feb 18, 2022
There was never a legacy other than the owing of salaries...

64 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:30pm On Feb 18, 2022
dawnomike:
There was never a legacy other than the owing of salaries...

Legacy na legacy whether go or bad cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by Jostoman: 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2022
There is serious fuel scarcity in the country nobody is talking about it people are trekking from house to work and work to house but the only news nairaland keep giving us is aregbesola and Oyetola audio fight or Abba kyari nonsense story.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by duro4chang(m): 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2022
Which legacies? Your anti-people legacies?

10 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by Shetemi12(m): 7:32am On Feb 19, 2022
You begged Oyetola and the policies you left were not comfortable to the people, they were complaining!

Let the people decide their choice today

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by todaynewsreview: 7:32am On Feb 19, 2022
As in? If the legacy are to the interest of the people, the masses will definitely protest. Probably, there're better option then. You both should try your best to resolve this issue instead of this public show. As elders, the youth who look unto you as role model should learn from how you resolve this.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by inoki247: 7:32am On Feb 19, 2022
You mean owing salaries and changing the state to a one schl uniform na wetin u call Legacy b dat...

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by kingphilip(m): 7:32am On Feb 19, 2022
Nothing Musa no go see for gate.

Abi not to expose the amount you embezzled while you were the governor?

Why didn't you come out all these while to say this? Or is it because it is another election time you want to force your crony on the masses to rule by proxy you're now informing us?

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by tutudesz: 7:32am On Feb 19, 2022
So your policies and legacies is more important than his performance shocked

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by 9jayes: 7:33am On Feb 19, 2022
Rubbish legacy…

17 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by symbianDON(m): 7:33am On Feb 19, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:

Legacy na legacy whether go or bad cheesy
sense no go kee you grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by mannobi(m): 7:33am On Feb 19, 2022
Not everyone will buy the Aregbe madness when he was governor. Osun was always in the news for bad mentions but the new governor changed that and Aregbe is angry? He must be smoking osogbo weed

35 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by KUNZEH(m): 7:33am On Feb 19, 2022
Which legacy? Half salary or percentage?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:34am On Feb 19, 2022
Legacy?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by Think9ja(m): 7:34am On Feb 19, 2022
kiss
Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by JackWolfskin: 7:34am On Feb 19, 2022
Funke Egbemode has joined government since then nothing meaningful.

Some Journalists should steer clear of serving in government.
Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by Chimezirim121: 7:34am On Feb 19, 2022
Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by Kingluqman(m): 7:34am On Feb 19, 2022
Not to tamper with your wickedness abi

6 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by Lindajames1010: 7:35am On Feb 19, 2022
Camon 18i for sale
4 days old

Within Abuja
Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by McOluOmo: 7:35am On Feb 19, 2022
Legacy
grin cheesy

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by samtee37(m): 7:36am On Feb 19, 2022
I'm happy the way he change your legacy.
Owning salary as if, it's not workers right.
Merging school and making them use same uniform like prisoners.
Blasting people anyhow.

Nice for you aregbe.

21 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by Bobotic(m): 7:36am On Feb 19, 2022
Big Man Wahala shocked

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by straighttalk(m): 7:36am On Feb 19, 2022
Afterthought
Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by MrImole: 7:36am On Feb 19, 2022
You are a politician, politicians don't lie,I believe you.
Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by Ruggedniggaone: 7:37am On Feb 19, 2022
You should have begged opolo eyes that is controlling olelola instead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies by Funkybabee(f): 7:38am On Feb 19, 2022
Keep daring brother hafusa

U will soon meet your Waterloo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"There Are Those Who Have Made The Guinness Book Of Records By Pretending"- Wike / Obiano Receives FC Ifeanyi Ubah, FA Cup Winners, In Awka (photos) / President Muhamadu Buhari Would Win 2019 Presidential Election - Leadership News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.