Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. (26544 Views)

Man Arrested For Stealing Money From Church Offering Box In Osun State / Church Worker Steals Money From Offering Basket; Stuffs Money In Her Bra (Video) / Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by IrepChrist: 9:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ephesians 4:28
Kjv.
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Stealing in the Church or on God's altar can lead to generational curse.

In the biblical narrative, Hophni and Phinehas are criticised for engaging in illicit behaviour, such as appropriating the best portion of sacrifices for themselves.

They are described as "sons of Belial" in (1 Samuel 2:12) KJV, "corrupt" in the NKV or "scoundrels" in the NIV. Their misdeeds provoked the wrath of God and led to a divine curse being put on the house of Eli, and they subsequently both died on the same day, when Israel was defeated by the Philistines at the Battle of Aphek near Eben-ezer; the news of this defeat then led to Eli's death (1 Samuel 4:17–18).

This same family should have been Priests onto God.

If you know anyone into this practice tell them to stop now.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Feb 20, 2022
IrepChrist:
[i]Ephesians 4:28
Kjv.
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

[/i]Stealing in the Church or on God's altar can lead to generational curse.
In the biblical narrative, Hophni and Phinehas are criticised for engaging in illicit behaviour, such as appropriating the best portion of sacrifices for themselves.
They are described as "sons of Belial" in (1 Samuel 2:12) KJV, "corrupt" in the NKV or "scoundrels" in the NIV. Their misdeeds provoked the wrath of God and led to a divine curse being put on the house of Eli, and they subsequently both died on the same day, when Israel was defeated by the Philistines at the Battle of Aphek near Eben-ezer; the news of this defeat then led to Eli's death (1 Samuel 4:17–18).
This same family should have been Priests onto God.
If you know anyone into this practice tell them to stop now.
God no send any one go dey build altars so there is no such thing as God's altar where Jesus Christ is concerned. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ said His Church He will build - of His own hands- so your churches which are built of the hands of your Pastors and mogs and your tithes and offerings which they command of you, also have nothing to do with God. So when your the crimes you accuse your ushers of have nothing to do with God nor His Kingdom. undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by FineUsername(m): 9:57am On Feb 20, 2022
Stealing in the house of God. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by IgweOfNnewi: 9:57am On Feb 20, 2022
Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by lailo: 9:58am On Feb 20, 2022
But funny enough it happens in all churches in Nigeria including deeper life.........fact

17 Likes

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by Military0001: 9:58am On Feb 20, 2022
Nice
Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by Lemmy123(m): 9:59am On Feb 20, 2022
Eweeeeeey!

People get mind dey steal from God's house.. Some people conscience don off, to on am back, you go need power supply straight from Kainji Dam

By the way, I'm available for your writing and design jobs, see my signature below, thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by pocohantas(f): 9:59am On Feb 20, 2022
Na where person dey work e dey chop. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by mayklef(m): 9:59am On Feb 20, 2022
What about your glorified GO's who comfortably spend d whole funds on private jets and lavish lifestyle?
Religion is black man's greatest enemy indeed

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by jaystar(m): 9:59am On Feb 20, 2022
Stealing is stealing... Every form of stealing is bad.

9 Likes

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by PROPEACE: 10:00am On Feb 20, 2022
Which one again is "generational curse"? In the era of grace!? Only the soul that sinneth shall die;

1 Like

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by inoki247: 10:00am On Feb 20, 2022
lol usher dey pay himself salary....

No where wey corruption no dey even the Treasurer dey play scope....

1 Like

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by Truefaith: 10:00am On Feb 20, 2022
nbgv
Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by Senobop: 10:01am On Feb 20, 2022
Tell Dem o
Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by SultanOfPuna: 10:01am On Feb 20, 2022
Reminds me of Benin 2008 when i was an altar boy.
One sunday after mass, we heard fights and shouting in fathers house.
On arrival we had to seperate 2 priest fighting over the percentage of Offering money collected that sunday.
That incident opened my eye and changed me dor good. Now i can boldly not get a f**k about offerings. I rather give to beggars

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by itoldu: 10:02am On Feb 20, 2022
Lol, just the ushers?

You people still fear to call your pastors what they are ("Thieves"wink, yea?

Maybe when you hear it called out from a more supreme authority, you'd stop fearing them. Read the book of John 10. If by chance, you are poised to respond before reading, illiteracy is not a function of your certificate but that of your not understanding the knowledge of topic in view.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by Ogbenia: 10:02am On Feb 20, 2022
This is a very common issue in Nigerian churches.
I know someone who was heavily into this but lost contact for years now so I don’t know if he is facing repercussions or not.

Can you really blame the ushers? If they don’t take some of it, the pastor takes all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by CSTRR: 10:02am On Feb 20, 2022
Many people don't fear God anymore.

They forgot that it was in the new testament that two people died instantly for lying to the holy Spirit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by DropsMic(m): 10:02am On Feb 20, 2022
Lol
Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by DropsMic(m): 10:03am On Feb 20, 2022
Ogbenia:
This is a very common issue in Nigerian churches.
I know someone who was heavily into this but lost contact for years now so I don’t know if he is facing repercussions or not.

Repercussions.. Lol. Y'all Christians are funny

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by Jokerman(m): 10:04am On Feb 20, 2022
Lol... Church ushers grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by Beobop: 10:04am On Feb 20, 2022
NaWa o

1 Like

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by nairalee(m): 10:05am On Feb 20, 2022
If you steal from church or from club it's the same sin. No different levels of hell fire.

And talking about generational curse that's nonsense.

If Nigerian politicians families and grandchildren are chilling despite years of stealing and wickedness noone should tell me any nonsense about generational curse

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by Bnobo: 10:06am On Feb 20, 2022
In Redemption camp and Canaan land Ota, sometimes it takes days to finish counting the offering. It takes the grace of God not to be tempted to pick a couple hundred dollars.

Not like anyone will notice

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by CheapWebsite1: 10:07am On Feb 20, 2022
True

1 Like

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by ubreal(m): 10:08am On Feb 20, 2022
Pastor wey dey still all nkor wetin go happen to am??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by CSTRR: 10:08am On Feb 20, 2022
You don't pay tithes and offerings.
But the ones that other people paid, you still went and steal it.

You get mind o.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. by kolakolex: 10:09am On Feb 20, 2022
I remember my secondary school days.The proprietress of my school will force everyone to attend mass but I noticed that some unserious boys were no longer forced to attend mass as time goes on.We later discover that they were stealing from the offering box.

Most people complained that, they don't have change and that why they don't do offering so the proprietress allow us to make change from the box.Some people will drop #20 in the box and pick #200 or #100 depending on the denomination available.

Those ones started stealing from God right from secondary school.if u assigned this kind of people to be usher in church...it is finished.they will take money with out conscience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Witches And Wizards Let's Meet Here / 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / How Winners Chapel Became A Mega - Wealthy Church By Leke Beecroft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.