Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? (28145 Views)

Thieves Stealing Toyota, Lexus Vehicles Using Key Fob 'Relay' / 10 Of The Most Famous Luxury Car Bonnet Ornaments Or Mascots Of All Time / See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by fineboynl(m): 6:35am On Feb 20, 2022
There is an increase rate at which car batteries are stolen. What is fueling it is the high demand and available market for them. The other day they stole my neighbor car battery and I want to know how well can one avoid this. How the thief open the bonnet? And is it possible to chain the bonnet inside?

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Lawlab251: 6:37am On Feb 20, 2022
Hmm

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by LordIsaac(m): 6:41am On Feb 20, 2022
Maybe they have experience in panel-beating grin

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Baitullah: 6:48am On Feb 20, 2022
I sense this is a trap to identify nairaland thieves

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by MRDEE01: 6:51am On Feb 20, 2022
They steal mostly Japanese batteries.
They couldn't steal my neighbour's BMW battery after the took almost 4 batteries in our neighbourhood

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by LordKezzy: 7:00am On Feb 20, 2022
Wow
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by dawnomike(m): 7:07am On Feb 20, 2022
MRDEE01:
They couldn't steal my neighbour's BMW battery after the took almost 4 batteries in our neighbourhood
German cars are the real deal... It's just that we Nigerians try to factor in second hand value and ease of repairs... That's why we opt for japanese Cars

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by fringz11(m): 7:30am On Feb 20, 2022
MRDEE01:

even my mechanic before him open commot battery na wahala....na thief wan come get that kind time

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by wizonlyson: 7:41am On Feb 20, 2022
LordIsaac:
Maybe they have experience in panel-beating grin
comrade, its too early now..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Idaytesj29(m): 1:21pm On Feb 20, 2022
dawnomike:
German cars are the real deal... It's just that we Nigerians try to factor in second hand value and ease of repairs... That's why we opt for japanese Cars

European cars generally.

25 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by nurey(m): 2:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
fineboynl:
There is an increase rate at which car battery is stolen. What is fueling it is the high demand and available market for it. The other day they stole my neighbors car battery and I want to know how well can one avoid this. How the thief open the bonnet? And is it possible to chain the bonnet inside?

You can get a panel beater do a special lock case for the battery, though instrument available to the thief and padlock position would determine whether he would cut the padlock or not.

He gets access to the bonnet through the mud guard of driver side of the said vehicle since he already knows how the manufacturer places the mechanism or break a small window and gain entry into vehicle any of the two would do.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2022
Cars different from each other oo. I wanted to borrow my brother's GLK battery recently. If you see the way benz package the battery. Even thief go rethink am of e wan try steal am. It's like the battery is attached to the engine the way they packaged it.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by NokiaN8(m): 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2022
Emmm BMW E36 battery is automated...

8 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by fineboynl(m): 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
NokiaN8:
Emmm BMW E36 battery is automated...
what do you mean by automated. Some batteries are place at the butt

10 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Cokahot: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2022
If battery dey boot ,any accident from rear na explosion. Dat na y I ha8 German esp bmw

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by fineboynl(m): 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
Cokahot:
If battery dey boot ,any accident from rear na explosion. Dat na y I ha8 German esp bmw
acid battery.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Cokahot: 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
Once ders an impact,na explosion followed by fuel tank,unless Na God dey drive that day.
fineboynl:
acid battery.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Mophor: 11:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by alphaNomega: 6:46am On Feb 23, 2022
thiefs THIEVES

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by fineboynl(m): 9:30am On Sep 03, 2023
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by baconline(m): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2023
Locate the cable that pops the bonnet, pull it and volla

20 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Itulah(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2023
MRDEE01:

Same with Peugeot, it came with built in battery lock and burglars can't even open the hood like they do with Japanese vehicle.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by MTCLimited(m): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2023
Would a likely thief disclose his M.O on this platform ? I doubt that. It's like asking those involved in Cyber-crime and advance fee fraud to tell you their mode of operation. Anything illegal is always done in secrecy.

Ours is as open as daylight because it's verifiable and Guaranteed.

Wanna score a Band 8+ in your next IELTS test ?

Contact us on our signature below. Happy Sundays folks !

5 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Akeem79(m): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2023
Mechanics Thieves

12 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Reelmii: 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2023
...who u want make e answer this question now,, abi who be the thief for here....
Go and ask ur mechanic....if u are good to ur mechanic,, him fit give u intel
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by iCauseTrouble: 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2023
grin
Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Dididrumz(m): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2023
Most times, it's from the trunk of the car.

They enter from the trunk, push down the back sit and get fully into the car and then they pull the bonnet release lever.

PS: most people do no lock their trunk.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by handsomeyinka(m): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2023
I dont think you might get a good answer on this thread.

Will recommend you ask a body shop expert.

1 Like

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by inoki247: 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2023
Lol u dey ask how thief dey do him thing...

Be like say this Op jus reach this world...

2 Likes

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by handsomeyinka(m): 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2023
baconline:
Locate the cable that pops the bonnet, pull it and volla

Oh wow..You are very experienced in the trade.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by kelvine(m): 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
Park in a safe place with security and never bother about batteries being stolen.

Sometimes you need to pay to park your car to avoid theft

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Thieves Open The Bonnet To Steal Battery? by Menclothing: 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2023
Thieves of car parts are growing in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Drive 2019 G-class SUV Through The Water Explained By Mercedes / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? / Price Of New Tyre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.