Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? (27000 Views)

How To Prepare For A Job Right After School / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? / Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by kamtrix(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm wondering, what is the best process for an NYSC Corper to secure an accommodation immediately after Nysc without having to struggle with jumping from one desperate interview to another?

Comments and experiences are very welcomed please.

Also, kindly I want to discourage much talks of starting a business, that's not what this thread is about. Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Mizfabulous18(f): 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
Learn a soft skill while doing a side business then apply for jobs bet u u wont regret it cos time wait for no one ooospeaking from experience when I finished I was all about getting a job getting a job when I should hv been acquiring employable skills especially if ur a woman u will definitely get a job trust me

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
Fasting and prayers although it hasn't worked for me

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by kamtrix(m): 8:27am On Jun 30, 2020
Thanks so far. More responses are appreciated

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
BLUELemon:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2020

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
[quote author=BLUELemon post=91244567][/quote]
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
doggedfighter:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
the thing don taya me bro

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
BLUELemon:
the thing don taya me bro
I'm a sister though. If you see food eat. Fasting does nothing.

We will be fine las las grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2020
doggedfighter:

I'm a sister though. If you see food eat. Fasting does nothing.

We will be fine las las grin grin
food no dey. Money no dey. Garri no dey.... This life hard no be small. Even if I no wann fast, do I have an option

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
Use your service year to acquire an indemand skill. Start applying to jobs two months to end of service. 50 jobs a day minimum.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Raustin(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
Your post is logical. The more applications are sent the more the chances of being employed. Asides IT related skills What other indemand skills/professional qualification can corpers learn while serving?
tensazangetsu20:
Use your service year to acquire an indemand skill. Start applying to jobs two months to end of service. 50 jobs a day minimum.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
Raustin:
Your post is logical. The more applications are sent the more the chances of being employed. Asides IT related skills What other indemand skills/professional qualification can corpers learn while serving?
They are too many but the problem is Nigeria. For instance, in developed countries skills like plumbing, auto mechanics, electricians and all aren't bad skills but in Nigeria people don't have money to pay for your services when you get those skills. Best to acquire skills you can use to work remotely or get a visa sponsorship job.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by kamtrix(m): 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
Thanks guys. More responses still appreciated. Lalasticlala how far
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Joefat: 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2020
I think learn a trade or if there's business orientation. Then you're good to go. However if one is connected, but if you're not. Don't waste your time by looking for jobs all around, try to learn a trade or skill as fast as possible..

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Odunharry(m): 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2020
First sign up on LinkedIn and look for company and HR people to follow as most Jobs are been advertised there and always do an intro about yourself.. "Your name, course of study, interest and skills and tell people you are open to learning either paid job or intern or even volunteering etc etc". There are Chances people will share your post or your followers will definitely mention your name or refer you if there's any opening.

Another way is to visit career page of Companies and create an account/sign up.(This worked for me).

Talk to people too you know and sign up for Job alerts.

You can also visit the careers section here on Nairaland.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by eleojo23: 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2020
Take SAED seriously.
Some of those skills may come in handy when you need something to sustain yourself while looking for a job.

Don't be like me who slept throughout SAED lectures and never took it seriously throughout the service year. grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by ElderIsaac(m): 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
doggedfighter:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Go to OPM or TB Joshua. The result will surprise you.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by judecares1(m): 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
F
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by BUSHHUNTER: 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
Know Person

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by dejavuh0007(m): 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
I know many will ignore the rule of not suggesting to start a business like the OP requested.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by dynicks(m): 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by judedwriter(m): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
BLUELemon:

Why don't you try praise? wink

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by GemUnique(m): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Tech geeks and programmers go soon come here now and start typing nonsense with their keyboards like say na everyone computer skills go favor

27 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by WayStage(m): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
if you're a Christian, become a "pastor"...
if you're a Muslim, become an " alfa"...
thank me later

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by oluwaseyi0: 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Learn programming and you will be hand picking job before finishing nysc

You can try out data science too, IT is your surest bet unless you studied medicine in school

BLUELemon:

This will only add to your frustrations, quit fasting, eat healthy and channel the energy from the food into learning programming or any in-demand skills, I repeat quit fasting because of job you can continue with the prayer but spend less time on it than you spend on improving/acquiring skills

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by lekki1444: 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
cheesy people still look for job in 2020 ?

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by lajuwomi(m): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
Drop your certificate with your parent and hustle
Simple...

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by NaijaOlosho(f): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
Start olosho work,forget peanut N-power by Buhari

It pays better grin

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Gwan2(m): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
Op your topic is about securing a job after Nysc while your write up is about securing accommodation, perhaps that could be a typo.
You can’t seek advice for life after Nysc and factor out business or skills in this present day Nigeria......I have a friend who as far as I can remember never applied for any job since after our graduation till this present day. I can bet that presently, if offered a job of 500k/month he will decline the offer because of his present status.
While in the university, he shuffled between serving under his boss in a skilled job and schooling. Fortunately, just after graduation he secured a grant and established his business and luckily for him, while other startups that obtain the grant failed, his business flourished because of the experience he had gain previously while serving his boss. Trust me, he has been financially free since we graduated till this day. Ironically, some of his contemporaries that graduated together and went after jobs are yet to find their footings.
Bottom line, don’t rule out business if you’re indeed seeking for true advice. Cheers

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Jarus(m): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2020

11 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Get A Bank Teller Job In Any Nigerian Bank / How Sharing My Experience On Nairaland Gave Me 15,000 Naira. / What To Do With A Degree In English Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.