Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. (14064 Views)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / To go or stay in naija / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by Biafranodogwu55: 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2022
If you want peace of mind stay in your fatherland(NIGERIA)cool but if you want a good standard of living then relocate but remember to AVOID ALL EASTERN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES...Cheers and goodluck to whatever you decide.

1 Like

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by Willie2015: 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hamsongee07:
Good day everyone, I am a biz owner,not doing bad in this country and I wanted Investing More in the country but am scared because of the insecurity in the country and the way they are killing people for rituals, that's why am considering also leaving the country, Another advantage here is that there is alot of opportunities here, I want to put my energy in one of the two, consider the fact election is coming we don't know who will be out next president and how is he going to tackle the insecurity we have in the country and going to revive the country, I need your Advice pls.

U need a plan
Continue your biz in Naija
Visit your country of choice
And check the available opportunities..
and what you can do assumin u relocate fully...
U should be able to make up your mind after some visits.
Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by Angelfrost(m): 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
Well, I think you should advise yourself... Choose your path by listening to your gut.

There are no guarantees that you will make it abroad! Let no one fool you on social media. Same way success in Naija is also 50/50.

If you already have a good thing going with a huge chance of improving, better stick to it. Don't be like the Biblical prodigal son who thought abroad would be the easy way to Prosperity only to end up worse than where he once despised.

My two cents tho!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by BigAPP(m): 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2022
henryelfhel:
All this japa shouting indomie generation you think abroad is easy as you think. Many of you shouting Japa have not even try anything in Nigeria. Many of our people are living in very terrible condition even in the Us and Canada don't be deceived if you can't make it here you have 90% of not making there.

This another side most people don't consider

3 Likes

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by 404Dev: 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
badbreathcure101:
Something I ve seen my entire life happened today. My street, and another 4 street was robbed this morning 5am. The robbers started from street a and when someone screamed ole and everyone rushed there, the other 3streets were already being robbed.

Bro JAPA
U HERE WHAT I SAID, JAPA!
EVEN ME I'M KIND OF SCARED TO GO TO MY OFFICE. I'M INDOORS LIKE THIS.

So there are no thieves or criminals wherever he intends to go?
Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by GeneralKoko(m): 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
I think it's better to stay back and build your business. For me Nigeria is an untapped space with endless opportunities. Invest in your business, get it structured. You could fly out once in a while for holiday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by LIONSABRE(m): 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
Travel

3 Likes

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by VEXT: 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
LIONSABRE:
come join us abroad,you won't regret it.

Which country You dey

1 Like

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by LIONSABRE(m): 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2022
VEXT:

Which country You dey
for now,Germany.

1 Like

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by alausaone(m): 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
Invest and stay in Nigeria, its better to stay focused on your business than stop all you are doing and start a fresh abroad,Traveling abroad I will advice you to have a registered company ,build work on your bank statements and apply for a tourism visa, with that you can travel once in a while for vacation from there you make friends and see for yourself if it will be profitable for you to stay in future or not..

2 Likes

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by VEXT: 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
LIONSABRE:

for now,Germany.

Nice..dey reason there..but money too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by Aboguede(m): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2022
Dem no dey tell man, na man dey decide!

ibechris:
Na only u dey face insecurity for Nigeria?

If that is your only reason,u need to read more about organ harvesting countries.

America and most developed countries are no exception to this.

Face your business and grow in what u do.

2 Likes

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by sunboy(m): 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hamsongee07:
Good day everyone, I am a biz owner,not doing bad in this country and I wanted Investing More in the country but am scared because of the insecurity in the country and the way they are killing people for rituals, that's why am considering also leaving the country, Another advantage here is that there is alot of opportunities here, I want to put my energy in one of the two, consider the fact election is coming we don't know who will be out next president and how is he going to tackle the insecurity we have in the country and going to revive the country, I need your Advice pls.

1. Travel abroad to hustle, then come back home to settle back and relax ONLY IF…
You have a clear path to get your papers abroad, either going to school or you have family filing for you something like that. If you don’t have that clear path, abroad will waste your time small o.

2. If you don’t have that path, please stay at home invest more. Explore neighboring countries like Benin, Ghana they are very peaceful places. Benin is very much underrated but it’s one of the countries I could retire to if naija never sort it’s leadership problems.

1 Like

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by COMPAQ(m): 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hamsongee07:

There are pros and cons to both. Some people are doing well here, but they just want to live in a sane environment where things work and outcomes are somewhat predictable, despite it being more expensive.

Some people are not doing well in Nigeria yet have no desire to leave. They would rather continue the struggle here.

You just have to decide what you want for yourself and what is important to you.

For me, I would say I am doing well as i work for a multinational, yet I also desire to move abroad cos Nigeria worries me (ritual killing, kidnappers on the expressway, robbers in traffic, nothing works, touts and omo onile everywhere, filth everywhere, traffic everywhere and it just seems like we have no clue how to solve our problems) and I am just tired of it all.

Having said that America or UK is also not a bed of roses and for someone doing well in Nigeria, moving abroad in some ways can be a step down financially. I can confidently say I have more savings than most Americans. I hear most Americans cannot cover a $5000 emergency payment. They live pay check to paycheck. And if you have equivalent income as a typical American, even 50% of that, you will save more here. For eg if you earn N1.5mln a month, which is just $3k and an American earns $6k a month, there is a good chance you will have more saved at the end of the month in Nigeria cos their bills takes everything away, but then perhaps you can be happy in the knowledge that you are in a place where things work. Of course the issue is that very few people earn N1.5mln a month In Nigeria.

Also you do not want to be sick in America. It can ruin you financially. Sometimes even with insurance. That's where UK and Europe are much better as medical bills there are either totally free or a fraction (like 10%) of what it costs in US.

Even me that's considering relocating, I'd do it for only 10years to secure my kids education, then I'd rather find somewhere else where the cost of living is lower than Yankee or UK. $3k a month will go like twice the distance in Portugal or Spain or Malaysia than in US. If Nigeria seems to have stabilised by then, i could even move back home, cos when you earn in dollars and you have like $3k amonth (N1.6mln in today's money), Nigeria is actually very cheap. It's just the stress that's too much. Maybe by then, Ibadan or Abeokuta will make more sense than this crazy Lagos.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by COMPAQ(m): 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
sunboy:

1. Travel abroad to hustle, then come back home to settle back and relax ONLY IF…
You have a clear path to get your papers abroad, either going to school or you have family filing for you something like that. If you don’t have that clear path, abroad will waste your time small o.

2. If you don’t have that path, please stay at home invest more. Explore neighboring countries like Benin, Ghana they are very peaceful places. Benin is very much underrated but it’s one of the countries I could retire to if naija never sort it’s leadership problems.

Well said, i could easily see myself in a nice Bungalow in an estate in Ghana if Nigeria doesn't make sense. Even South Africa sef.

1 Like

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by COMPAQ(m): 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
404Dev:

So there are no thieves or criminals wherever he intends to go?

All our houses in Nigeria have tall fences, gate men and so on. the typical house abroad has no fence - you just walk up to the door.

Does that help explain the level of insecurity we are dealing with vs the western world??

I rest my case

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by watersideboys: 3:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
Stop bringing this topic to the front page its getting annoying. Everytime travel abroad

3 Likes

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by BigDawsNet: 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2022
Broda Travel

A lady just came in last month...
After she completed her first week job..and received her first wages...

She shared tears... Her supervisor said...madam are you alright?...

The madam said...since th day she don dey work... She never collect a salary huge like this...in just a week... not to talk of a month...

I congratulated her and told her not to loose focus...when she stand alone now...bills will start setting in....

Make plan first
I'm not the type that based abroad and will tell u not to come...

Come and experience and be part of the systems...

God bless you

6 Likes

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by henryelfhel: 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
All this japa shouting indomie generation you think abroad is easy as you think. Many of you shouting Japa have not even try anything in Nigeria. Many of our people are living in very terrible condition even in the Us and Canada don't be deceived if you can't make it here you have 90% of not making there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by Goldentulip2: 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
Well it depends on some conditions you didnt state tho.
Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by Spain007(m): 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hamsongee07:

Same story of someone on nairaland that makes #1.5m monthly in business here in Nigeria but in doubt if to invest more or travel out...abi na YOU again?
Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
perambulator:

Stay here make money here keep your money in forex (Naira will always fall) and enjoy your money abroad. Nigeria is effed up but the feeling you get here you will not get anywhere else. if you are making enough money you can always travel out to de-stress, go and come...it is the best of both worlds!! Organize your business so that it functions even if you arent around.

In case you come across this post, don't listen to this poster, OP. He's a fat, giant, hypocrite and lives in the "abroad" that he doesn't want you to migrate to.

Decide for yourself what you want. Ugly, lying hypocrites like this guy I just quoted will only lead you astray.
Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2022
ibechris:
Na only u dey face insecurity for Nigeria?

If that is your only reason,u need to read more about organ harvesting countries.

America and most developed countries are no exception to this.

Face your business and grow in what u do.

How does organ harvesting relate to his desire to travel abroad?
I'm sure you'll say you're "educated". Na wa ooo, lmao!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by 404Dev: 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
COMPAQ:

All our houses in Nigeria have tall fences, gate men and so on. the typical house abroad has no fence - you just walk up to the door.

Does that help explain the level of insecurity we are dealing with vs the western world??

I rest my case
That didn't answer the question though.

There are criminals and petty thieves everywhere. Stealing didn't start or originate in nigeria
Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by Lucaski: 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2022
OnlineArchitect:
This man.. Haven't they tell you that Nigeria is not for you?
How much will build this..
Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by virginchaser(m): 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
There is money here. In the midst and commotion causes by unknown gun men people are still making cool cash in the south east. Boko haram in the north east, bandit in the north west and north central, farmers turn overs are unbelievable. Despite political tension in south west e money, robotic forex are putting smiles on faces. So, why running away? Travel to LEGO LAND in Dubai and DISNEY WORLD in Florida and rewind. Stop doing boy boy for Oyinbo.

1 Like

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by ibechris(m): 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2022
kneehighbootz:

How does organ harvesting relate to his desire to travel abroad?
I'm sure you'll say you're "educated". Na wa ooo, lmao!!!

U are mumu...
Someone that mentioned ritual killings. I think u need to re-examined your reading faculty. I am sure u think u are brainy but surprisingly,u are a fool in disguise
and u should have known better.

1 Like

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by SocialJustice: 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hamsongee07:
Do not be deceived, there are more opportunities abroad than Nigeria, business people like you think you're prospering in Nigeria but you're actually just managing to get by.

Go to UK, USA, Canada and start a real estate business. Go and learn how to buy properties without your own money. If you don't even want to do real estate, opportunities there are excess and by far better than Nigeria. No even reason to stay Nigeria.

You only mentioned insecurity, there's no healthcare, clean water, economy is zero, then there's the issue of inflation and devaluation. Naira is a worthless currency that destroys wealth. E just be like you dey work, government dey waste your effort with inflation and devaluation.

1 Like

Re: Travel Aboard Or Stay In Nigeria To Invest More. by darediamond(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hamsongee07:
You have valid points.
But you do not have to work for anyone when you get there.
Before you go, Open series of accounts with all Nigerian Banks.
Get there Cards All.
Download there Apps.
Fund some of your accounts with say #50K

NOW start to manually fire there forex via ur cards, apps and atms one by one.
This is practically profitably LEGAL!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts / Ghost Worker Jailed For Six Years / What Job Can One Do With National Diploma (ND) Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.