Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,628 members, 7,851,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:43 PM

Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency (1133 Views)

Ikpeazu: Igbos Deserve Shot At Presidency, We Understand Nigeria Better / Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbos Not A Serious People- Fredrick Nwabufo / The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by Charleys: 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
helinues:

Imagine while I am yet to comment you don dey shiver... grin

Why don't we talk about the artificial fuel scarcity in yorubaland or should I create a topic on that too?
Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by helinues: 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
Charleys:

Why don't we talk about the artificial fuel scarcity in yorubaland or should I create a topic on that too?

You do not want me to debate with you on that when ordinary emoji dey make you jittery

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by 18377se: 6:08am On Mar 02, 2022
[s]
helinues:

Imagine while I am yet to comment you don dey shiver... grin
[/s]
Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by Nyanmiridunce: 6:44am On Mar 02, 2022
Ibos never voted for abiola in 1993. Be guided pls. Infact it was an ibo man who went to get a court injunction against declaring abiola as the bona-fide winner. If I lie, bring your facts. You guys never want anything good for the Yoruba hence why terrible things have been happening to you while Yoruba look away. We decided to remain silent against all verbal attacks on us cos we realized it's PTSD of the civil war loss telling on the ibos.
Charleys:
The igbos voted for a Yoruba in 1993 and he won. (MKO )
The igbos voted for a Yoruba in 1999 and he won(Obasanjo)... The two biggest party field in two Yoruba candidates. Note this.

Then the igbos voted for yaradua and he won against Buhari.... When the two biggest party field in NORTHERN candidate.

Later on yaradua became sick and Jonathan continued from there.

In 2015 Buhari won the election. Buhari has done yaradua's 8 years tenure, so the northerners are done with presidency.

The westerners are done with presidency because Olusegun obasanjo did 8 years as president.

Osibanjo has done 8 years as vice president.

It is left for an Igbo man to rule this country...

Note that the Fielding of two people from the same tribe by the two biggest political parties is just to show that Nigerian presidential election is done to unite the country. Giving each tribe an opportunity.

Now the igbos are telling you that, the 2023 election they need the two top political parties to field in an Igbo candidate for unity sake.

Now my question is are they wrong or are they right?

Note: the presidential election is rigged from the onset, by Fielding of candidates from the same tribe as the case of yaradua and Buhari with obasanjo and Olu falae.

Now the igbos have been shouting that they have been marginalized. This 2023 election is going to prove that fact. There are some igbos who still believe in one Nigeria but if they don't get the ticket in 2023 then those who believe in one Nigeria will know that there is no one Nigeria and will work hard to make sure Nigeria is destroyed..

Nigeria needs to hearken to my warning.

2023 will determine the fate of this country whether we move up or we go down south...

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by Charleys: 2:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
Ibos never voted for abiola in 1993. Be guided pls. Infact it was an ibo man who went to get a court injunction against declaring abiola as the bona-fide winner. If I lie, bring your facts. You guys never want anything good for the Yoruba hence why terrible things have been happening to you while Yoruba look away. We decided to remain silent against all verbal attacks on us cos we realized it's PTSD of the civil war loss telling on the ibos.

He was a lawyer and he was doing his job representing his client.
I hear people say these things.

The same people who stacked babangida's speech writer when they knew that he was representing babangida.
Please don't use lawyers to add to your point it's not right just face the topic.

I can use anyone from any tribe to represent me in a law court.
Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by Burruchaga71(m): 2:48pm On Mar 02, 2022
Even Satan and his children knows that there will be nothing like Nigeria if Igbos are denied presidency in 2023. I swear ���
Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by shortIGBOman: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
Charleys:
The igbos voted for a Yoruba in 1993 and he won. (MKO )
The igbos voted for a Yoruba in 1999 and he won(Obasanjo)... The two biggest party field in two Yoruba candidates. Note this.

Then the igbos voted for yaradua and he won against Buhari.... When the two biggest party field in NORTHERN candidate.

Later on yaradua became sick and Jonathan continued from there.

In 2015 Buhari won the election. Buhari has done yaradua's 8 years tenure, so the northerners are done with presidency.

The westerners are done with presidency because Olusegun obasanjo did 8 years as president.

Osibanjo has done 8 years as vice president.

It is left for an Igbo man to rule this country...

Note that the Fielding of two people from the same tribe by the two biggest political parties is just to show that Nigerian presidential election is done to unite the country. Giving each tribe an opportunity.

Now the igbos are telling you that, the 2023 election they need the two top political parties to field in an Igbo candidate for unity sake.

Now my question is are they wrong or are they right?

Note: the presidential election is rigged from the onset, by Fielding of candidates from the same tribe as the case of yaradua and Buhari with obasanjo and Olu falae.

Now the igbos have been shouting that they have been marginalized. This 2023 election is going to prove that fact. There are some igbos who still believe in one Nigeria but if they don't get the ticket in 2023 then those who believe in one Nigeria will know that there is no one Nigeria and will work hard to make sure Nigeria is destroyed..

Nigeria needs to hearken to my warning.

2023 will determine the fate of this country whether we move up or we go down south...

Do not waste your time writing all this long epistle. Igbo will never rule this Country. Since they spend all these few years insulting us, we go show them with our votes.

Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by Ttalk: 2:59pm On Mar 02, 2022
Charleys:

The same people who stacked babangida's speech writer when they knew that he was representing babangida.
Please don't use lawyers to add to your point it's not right just face the topic.

You have been civil enough in your presentation and I think you deserve a civil response but it's going to be a bitter truth although it may hurt you if you reflect on it would be good to your region.

To say Igbo deserve the 2023 presidency is true but also other tribes equally deserve it. When you narrow 2023 presidency to only Igbo extraction, it creates rejection and opposition from other tribes in the South and in extension from other region. If you claim Igbo are major ethnic group in Nigeria, you have to ask yourself whether they have majority in major political parties that could win the presidency in 2023.

There are three major classifications that is used depending on who is concerned in grouping political region.
1. 3 region grouping at independence
2. 2 region grouping during colonial rule
3. 6 geopolitical grouping during military era.

Sadly none of this groupings favour Igbo as a distinct tribe and I would explain this.

The 3 region grouping which can be refer to as Eastern region have other ethic groups who have equal stake in the presidency when 3region grouping is used.

When 2 region grouping is used, Igbo have to contend with Yoruba and other ethnic group from the south.

In the case of 6 geopolitical grouping, this seems to be the only one that favours Igbo as a distinct tribe to get the presidency.

However, neither Nigerian Constitution nor any of the favourite party has 6 geopolitical zoning arrangement in it's constitution, the only party that has any zoning arrangement is PDP which uses the North/South Zoning arrangement.

South West didn't threaten Nigeria to field a Yoruba man in 1999, their major canvass was an end to military rule and restoration of June 12 1993 election won by their son, Abiola which was a legitimate demand to an average Nigerian.

It is unfortunate to see Igbo have alienate themselves while being in the majority as well as in major party with high stake of winning presidency. The unfolding events penultimate election involving the northerner and southerner when Igbo became aggressive to her major neighbour and other region which later culminated into verbal attack against the Yoruba and the Fulani is a mistake that would take a long time to forget. This was caused by needless book of Chinue Achebe and Kanu's initial verbal attack against the Yoruba in particular and Nigeria in general. Again there are more records of Igbo political leaders open disdain against the SW people while SW politicians have been more careful

It is unfortunate to see the young generation of Igbo towing the same part especially on social media thereby waking the consciousness of other region to reciprocate the hate some of them are dishing out.

As it stands, it is easier for Yoruba to align with the north to get the presidential ticket than for Igbo to align with SS to get the ticket.

Igbo need to start promoting regional interest such as restructuring, devolution of power, financial autonomy, state police and other common interest but their recent stand on VAT and special status for Lagos is a wrong signal to show if there could ever be any collaboration

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by shortIGBOman: 3:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
Charleys:

2023 will decide not you.

The two biggest party needs to fill in two Igbo candidates. It's very simple.if they don't then 50 million people can't be wrong and will work to destroy the country.

Stick to Biafran agitation. Nigerian Presidency is beyound you Guys. Cause Nigerians won't vote an Igbo man as President.
Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by Nyanmiridunce: 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2022
Charleys:

Let's say you're right on this, why did you say ibos voted for abiola when it was obvious ibos voted Bashir Tofa?
Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by Ttalk: 3:49pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
Let's say you're right on this, why did you say ibos voted for abiola when it was obvious ibos voted Bashir Tofa?

The few Igbo that voted Abiola did that because Yoruba's demand was legitimate, but I don't see how issue of maginalisation or 'it is our turn' would be enough ground to convince Nigerians to cede presidency to Igbo, after all all Nigerians suffer one form of maginalisation or the other, and when you talk about tribe, you have many tribes in the South who are yet to produce the president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency by Charleys: 8:03am On May 17, 2022
True

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Group Slams Wike Over Comment On Dan Fodio / Obaseki Absent As Edo Pdp Endorsed Wike / South South People, Most Especially The Ijaws Are Not United. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.