Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) (61643 Views)

I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work / Can This Car Be Used For Bolt Or Uber Job? (photos) / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by WriterNig: 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2022

A young man identified as Jeffrey Zhang has advised job seekers to always negotiate salaries themselves with their prospective employers as he celebrated getting a job paying him $250k (N120 million).

In a LinkedIn post, the Ivy League school graduate, precisely Cornell University, New York revealed that he actually finished the bottom of his class with a CGPA of 2.9.

He however didn't allow that to make him feel inferior and confidently negotiated his pay with his now employer Oracle where he'd be working as a graduate product manager. Jeffrey sounded a note of warning to people never to accept the first salary offer given to them.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Goldbw122(m): 11:04pm On Feb 22, 2022
Ok, you won't get that in Nigeria.. so make your mind just rest...

304 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Myzubby(m): 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2022
ok also remember to help your friends

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by phr33man(m): 11:29pm On Feb 22, 2022
Wow! Nice one
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by dawnomike(m): 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
That's confidence...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Dalil8: 11:40pm On Feb 22, 2022
Only if you know your worth

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Cholls(m): 11:53pm On Feb 22, 2022
My brother no be lie ooo

Negotiation is the key to good salary!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by olus01(m): 12:12am On Feb 23, 2022
I guess his advice is nt for nigeria(n)

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by malikombi(m): 7:11am On Feb 23, 2022
I'm sure the job is contract based because the figure is rather mouthwatering.
Anyways, this is more of motivation. If you graduate with 2.2 in Nigeria, you already have low self esteem and your employer would rather make you feel you're a failure thereby shutting the door of negotiation.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:29am On Feb 23, 2022
I love the fact that he's confident and he didn't let his result deter him from moving forward, kudos.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by pretydiva(f): 8:33am On Feb 23, 2022
Good for you

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Admiral49(m): 8:40am On Feb 23, 2022
And some footballers make more than 100k dollars per week.....O LORD � HELP ME

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 23, 2022
That means he gets around $20k per month, quite rare and nice

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Soulsymbol99: 9:51am On Feb 23, 2022
Of the over 200million people in this country, na Buhari be our president. So such scenario is not new 2 us in this country undecided

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by ecolime(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2022
I be think say na Nigeria... lol embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by MrAnele(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2022
Okay.
Good for you
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by ichidodo: 11:45am On Feb 23, 2022
Not accepting first pay is tantamount to a hunter who killed an elephant yet was using his toes to search for groundnuts in the forest floor whilst carrying the elephant home...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by bigdammyj: 11:45am On Feb 23, 2022
Congrats!!!
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Rebuke: 11:46am On Feb 23, 2022
Congratulations to him.

Some people will not dare this in naija, the competition is high and lots of people with even higher qualifications are on the line and ready to accept even a lower offer.

However, this is my kind of thing. I tell yhu what I want and I let yhu decide on taking me or get lost grin grin grin

That's what happens when yhu know yhur worth.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Blackfire(m): 11:46am On Feb 23, 2022
Ordinary 120M...

Poor people eeehh

Little insignificant things excite them

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by seborrhic: 11:47am On Feb 23, 2022
His colleagues maybe building companies of their own and employing people,he is celebrating negotiating a high salary from his employer.
There is no single moral in this story.
If he had said he graduated bottom of his class but is now employing people that graduated with better grades than him,or that he now owns his own business making several thousands or even millions while his colleagues are still working 9-5 under employers,it would have made more sense.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by ArchiLimited: 11:47am On Feb 23, 2022
When you go online to lift what someone in a foreign land and economy wrote, then paste on a Nigerian forum where the economy is different, systems are different, everything is different. I really wonder the correlation.

Contact for your top grade building designs and professional construction. Contacts in signature below

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Mooh247: 11:47am On Feb 23, 2022
cool

Inspiring....

It's only in Nigeria that, UX/UI front end design, plus Web development , branding, business content writting , IT guy would charge small fee of 200k and the company would price you down to 30k and still expect you to do proper presentation

The same software development job he is getting ₦120million per annum for Whogohost and other Lagos ICT firm won't pay more than 100k per month

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by ButterBurger: 11:47am On Feb 23, 2022
Motivational speaker.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Temptee101(m): 11:47am On Feb 23, 2022
angry
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Raalsalghul: 11:47am On Feb 23, 2022
malikombi:
I'm sure the job is contract based because the figure is rather mouthwatering.
Anyways, this is more of motivation. If you graduate with 2.2 in Nigeria, you already have low self esteem and your employer would rather make you feel you're a failure thereby shutting the door of negotiation.

I'm not sure it's contract based.

The only logical explanation is that he has developed and mastered some skill sets to the extent that Oracle is willing to part with such large sums in order to clinch him.

Don't take stories like this at face value, there are many layers involved. wink

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by wunmi590(m): 11:48am On Feb 23, 2022

Congratulations, more wins.

Sometimes, school plays a vital role in the amount some company would offer graduate, I've a friend who finished in that same Cornell university and he's one of the biggest boy in town with what he's being paid as salary.....

It is also a motivation for people with lower grade never to underrate themselves when it comes to negotiating salary, it is very important.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by seyz91(m): 11:48am On Feb 23, 2022
cheesy abi
olus01:
I guess his advice is nt for nigeria(n)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by PlayerMeji: 11:48am On Feb 23, 2022
Phew....

America, where things work...

I was thinking it was about a Nigerian prospect ni...

Abeg, park for one side...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by DaRuud(m): 11:48am On Feb 23, 2022
I am currently the last in my department with 1.9cgpa

That means i will get a #120m job after graduation.

Village people i don land oooooooh

WriterNig:

A young man identified as Jeffrey Zhang has advised job seekers to always negotiate salaries themselves with their prospective employers as he celebrated getting a job paying him $250k (N120 million).

In a LinkedIn post, the Ivy League school graduate, precisely Cornell University, New York revealed that he actually finished the bottom of his class with a CGPA of 2.9.

He however didn't allow that to make him feel inferior and confidently negotiated his pay with his now employer Oracle where he'd be working as a graduate product manager. Jeffrey sounded a note of warning to people never to accept the first salary offer given to them.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal University Of Health Sciences, 2020 FUHSO Recruitment / Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.