Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,752 members, 7,840,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) (61699 Views)

I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work / Can This Car Be Used For Bolt Or Uber Job? (photos) / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ivy league graduate says this. Lol.
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by stanisbaratheon: 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
Not in Nigeria where every employer thinks they are doing you a favour by employing you.
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by benebaby77: 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
Goldbw122:
Ok, you won't get that in Nigeria.. so make your mind just rest...

Of course, I have done in Nigeria and got a raise even after the HR told me that nothing can be changed after the offer is made.mmm
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by seniorgozman(m): 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
Try this in Nigeria and you will get you will hear from us soon
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Nonybb: 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
BECAUSE YOU ARE WHITE
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by phr33man(m): 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
all these bloggers want to finish people off, if you try that with nigeria employers, your certificate will expire.

The only lesson i pick here is to know your worth.
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Akharmony: 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
Only one person out of 100million persons has such testimony.
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 23, 2022
Springboot:

More like $10k per month removing tax, insurance and other bills, it could be less.
Haba, is that how bad the daylight robbery system is, over there
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Springboot: 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
Senomi:

Haba, is that how bad the daylight robbery system is, over there

I'm speaking from personal experience.

For example I was paying 2000 usd (1m) for full insurance and the same vehicle class I pay 90k for one year in Nigeria
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by fashrola(m): 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2022
Goldbw122:
Ok, you won't get that in Nigeria.. so make your mind just rest...

Says who? Better start negotiating your salary and don't be desperate for jobs
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by LIONSABRE(m): 2:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
i for fear oh,seeing the link on frontpage i thought it was in Nigeria,i was like,"hmmm,Nigeria is improving",not knowing say na another country grin
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by gfelo(m): 2:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
somebody trying to draw traffic to his site, I will never visit any site, fake writeup

1 Like

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Pinkybush: 2:42pm On Feb 23, 2022
In nigeria you won't even have the chance to apply, as their requirement will be first class or 2.1, not to talk of to enter their premises.
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by CyberWolf: 3:12pm On Feb 23, 2022
He had options between Oracle and Microsoft, did internship at Microsoft who is willing to employ him considering his experience with them. He gambled with them because he has nothing to loose since if they don’t take him, he will gladly go to Microsoft. No go gamble ooh when you don’t have another option.
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Pelumar(m): 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2022
malikombi:
I'm sure the job is contract based because the figure is rather mouthwatering.
Anyways, this is more of motivation. If you graduate with 2.2 in Nigeria, you already have low self esteem and your employer would rather make you feel you're a failure thereby shutting the door of negotiation.
Omo na my current CGPA be this and I dey 300L unilorin 200L result haven't come out finish but what's my fate?? I'm depressed again who say I should see this comment bayi
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
Springboot:

I'm speaking from personal experience.

For example I was paying 2000 usd (1m) for full insurance and the same vehicle class I pay 90k for one year in Nigeria
I don't really know y US had to run their economy from the pockets of citizens, majority of the people there are getting frustrated with how shitty the economy is, it's no longer favoring them as much as it used to
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by CodedHustler: 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
WriterNig:

A young man identified as Jeffrey Zhang has advised job seekers to always negotiate salaries themselves with their prospective employers as he celebrated getting a job paying him $250k (N120 million).

In a LinkedIn post, the Ivy League school graduate, precisely Cornell University, New York revealed that he actually finished the bottom of his class with a CGPA of 2.9.

He however didn't allow that to make him feel inferior and confidently negotiated his pay with his now employer Oracle where he'd be working as a graduate product manager. Jeffrey sounded a note of warning to people never to accept the first salary offer given to them.

What work for you might not work for others
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2022
Pelumar:
Omo na my current CGPA be this and I dey 300L unilorin 200L result haven't come out finish but what's my fate?? I'm depressed again who say I should see this comment bayi
You wan give yourself high blood pressure untop nigerian certificate, e better make woman give u high blood pressure, nigerian certificates dey useless very soon suya, groundnut and Puff sellers go turn am to newspaper
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
Pinkybush:
In nigeria you won't even have the chance to apply, as their requirement will be first class or 2.1, not to talk of to enter their premises.
So employers are still doing this 2.1 bullshit? They should quit the crap abeg
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Goldbw122(m): 3:45pm On Feb 23, 2022
fashrola:

Says who? Better start negotiating your salary and don't be desperate for jobs
Ok if it is so... Nice ideal.
But Nigeria issue don tire me brother.. wetin I don see mouth nor go fit talk..
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by emmyN(m): 3:46pm On Feb 23, 2022
Before you do this, also take note that the guy had some other leverage through his internship at Microsoft.
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by malikombi(m): 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
Pelumar:
Believe in yourself.
You can still push it and make 2.1.
Based on believe �

1 Like

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
GreyLaw:

He is not lucky. When I wanted a job with one of Nigeria's biggest employers, I negotiated. In fact, I asked for an apartment plus a pay not given to my colleagues. They said they had never given apartments, except to a few of their expatriates. I told them if they wanted me to work with them they'd do what I asked. They succumbed.

Recently they still added another N1.26m (apart from bonuses) to the previous salary and that's when they found out I wanted to leave the country. Some employers are willing to pay thr money if you know the job.

I also have a friend who negotiated two days out of his salary, plus additional 3m to his yearly salary (apart from bonuses).

Confidence and ability matter a lot. If you know they job and confident about it, it works big time.

Impressive! You're the type of persons I'll like to meet. Those who know their worth. I tell most of the people complaining that most of them have nothing to offer. Everyday there're problems that need solutions in all fields of life. Many Nigerian companies are willing to pay you whatever you demand if you can do the job. I personally fought for using locals instead of expatriates on some projects. Please you are worthy of leaving the country to contribute to critical developmental projects requiring folks of your kind. grin
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by gentlegenius(m): 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
ecolime:
I be think say na Nigeria... lol embarassed
Same stuff still happens here.
Imagine a country of about 200 million people many of them sane... yet an uneducated dullard is the president.
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by fineberry(m): 7:32pm On Feb 23, 2022
Its bye bye to.lack/ poverty in your family even the life of your relations.
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by AdeMoss: 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
People ignored the information that he was the bottom of his class in one of the best universities in the world. An institution where admission is extremely difficult
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Mkingz(m): 8:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
Bro, life is a gradual process o and never the same for everyone...Allow people celebrate their wins afterall employing people isn’t a piece of cake and with this salary, he’ll likely get there in a couple of years.
seborrhic:
His colleagues maybe building companies of their own and employing people,he is celebrating negotiating a high salary from his employer.
There is no single moral in this story.
If he had said he graduated bottom of his class but is now employing people that graduated with better grades than him,or that he now owns his own business making several thousands or even millions while his colleagues are still working 9-5 under employers,it would have made more sense.
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by jp130(m): 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
Confidence, self worth matters. Check my signature to claim yours

Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Aaay: 10:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
Good
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Thegamingorca(m): 2:32am On Feb 24, 2022
It's only because he is from Cornell.

If he doesn't measure up, you will soon be on the streets bib
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by MisterKennedy(m): 3:27pm On Feb 24, 2022
GreyLaw:

He is not lucky. When I wanted a job with one of Nigeria's biggest employers, I negotiated. In fact, I asked for an apartment plus a pay not given to my colleagues. They said they had never given apartments, except to a few of their expatriates. I told them if they wanted me to work with them they'd do what I asked. They succumbed.

Recently they still added another N1.26m (apart from bonuses) to the previous salary and that's when they found out I wanted to leave the country. Some employers are willing to pay thr money if you know the job.

I also have a friend who negotiated two days out of his salary, plus additional 3m to his yearly salary (apart from bonuses).

Confidence and ability matter a lot. If you know they job and confident about it, it works big time.

You're right though but you know it doesn't just work like that. For anyone to ask for such demands that means that they must definitely possess what the vast majority of others don't. The biggest common factors would be

(1) What GPA the person has in their certificate.

(2) The course of study

(3) They must posses a very high in-demand skill-set to beat the majority of other job seekers
Re: I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) by Lashist(m): 5:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Lordbinsmar:
Naa persin wey see job dey negotiate pay naa
Lol...i knew you are frustrated for some reasons grin grin oga trolling igbos wont put food on ya table o...insulting forefathers wont give you shishi...go out and work and drop this foolish lifestyle...na igbo man give portable 50m. Na igbo carry am go London...you dont know who can help you tomorrow in this your wretched life...but first drop this your useless trolling job cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / "Meet Me At Mega Hilton Hotel": An Interviewer Told Me. I Have Suffered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.