Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Intercontinental Enugu Training - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Intercontinental Enugu Training (3095 Views)

Nmr Intercontinental Limited / Intercontinental Bank Plc Recruiting / Vacancies At Intercontinental Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

Intercontinental Enugu Training by achukanyi(m): 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2007
Those that went for intercontinental bank medicals in Enugu know it's been some weeks now. I heard some guys are on training which is what is causing the delay. PLEASE does anyone in the house know when we'll be going to training school. I also heard the training is no more 6 weeks, is this true? Will it be September or next year?
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by mankevo(m): 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2007
Hi ! achukanyi,

Happy to know U made it to medicals.I called someone yesterday concerning the result of the medicals and the posible day the training will start and I was informed that the result just left Enugu for Lagos on Friday last week,and invitation will be by postal mail(as used during test invitation).

So I hope it'll not be long for them to start calling.I heard the training may reach 3 months--not too sure though.

Let's keep watching and praying smiley smiley
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by akonamone(m): 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2007
Achukanyi, haba!, why are you thinking they will call by next year. You are not being encouraging at all! Be optimistic. You are scaring some of us that are patiently waiting for that call. I know we should start hearing from them by the third week of august. Lets just keep praying. See y'all.
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by otipratt(m): 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2007
U guys in enugu should consider urselves lucky, we in PH wrote the test the same day i think , (march 17th) and we just had the interview about three weeks ago. We have not gone for medicals, no one has an idea of when they will start calling for medicals. This intercontinental is supposed to be a happy bank but it is the other way round.

A friend of mine had a test with IBTC about two weeks ago, had his interview yesterday, and was called today to pick up his appointment letter tommorow. U see no long thing!!!

Anyway, lets be optimistic, thank God i have something doing for now if not, person fit get HBP.
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by chibzzy(m): 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2007
Thank you guys for the encouraging information you have shared. I still remain very positive they'll call us soon, possibly within this month. As for the delay, Every bank has it's employment policy and must follow it. I beleive that we will all be happier after the long wait. I think it is even better that all would-be bottle necks are sorted out now than latter  smiley

As for those PH guys, don't despair, who knows, you might go for both medicals and enter training within this month!
So cheer up  wink
Happy bank is still the best grin
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by bruce(m): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2007
There is nothing impossible with God. Just be patience and we will all laugh last, the best laugh. Am still keen about IB Plc. How ever, I heard that every1 gets a target and if you don't meet yours you will go on suspension without pay. Pls guys how true is this?

One Love
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by mankevo(m): 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2007
Bruse, I don't think that anyone will be suspended for not meeting up with the target. I think they'll just re-asign u to paying teller desk or thereabouts.

Anyhow,I dont think that those there are more connected than u in meeting targets,so if they really made it then u'll definitely make it urself.
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by khris(m): 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2007
Guys lets not lose sight of the issue at hand,ie our training date.Lets not worry about meeting targets and all what not,I believe when we get there we will know how to handle them.Afterall some of us were asked whether we will be able to meet their targets and i guess nobody answered in the negative.So we need info as regards our training.Ciao
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by frickyt(m): 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2007
pls i just wanna know what the test format was and possibly where it is in gmat i mean the year and section thanks n i shall appreciate ur help remember it is one luv in nairaland
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by bruce(m): 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2007
@khris
I know why I am asking : it is for personal analysis and not to derail anybody from focusing on going for training. I want to be there myself. And besides I was not asked if I will meet their target or not.

Pls I need a reliable information not what you think. I will appreciate it if you can provide any.

@Frickyt
It is not strictly GMAT format, there was no question lifted directly from GMAT. It comprises of only simple english and maths with a bit of current affairs. But one warning, anyone you are not certain of the answer, just leave it. Negative marking applies in their test. About 100 questions in about 60 minutes. Good Luck to you.

By His grace we shall all get there.

Thanks and One Love.
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by khris(m): 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2007
Bruce about meeting of targets,a friend of mine that works with the happy bank for about two years now was given a target and he couldn't meet the target.He was placed on suspension.I wouldn't know if it was without pay or not because he was immediately recalled after two days on suspension.He works with the operations department and was still given a target to meet ;that was why he was recalled.
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by khris(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2007
Guys lets keep this thread alive.To be uninformed is to be deformed.Any news?
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by akonamone(m): 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2007
Guys, Lets keep praying ooooo, and keep this thread alive like my man khris says, we are 4 the happy bank, we will laugh last and laugh best in Jesus name ! Amen!. Cheers!
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by doudlec(f): 11:56am On Aug 14, 2007
Hi guys. I v been readin the responses on this thread and i think its really great that u guys r keepin the rest of us informed. I also did the ibplc test and interview in enugu but i had my medicals in lagos cos that was the address i used.I really hope they invite us soon 4 trainin cos this is really becomin ridiculous. This kin journey that started since march and has refused to end, na wa o.But i also heard sha that trainin shld start this month. I hope its for real this time.And i hope we all pass the medicals and get to meet at trainin school. it'll b nice working with the likes of y'all. Good luck to the house!!!
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by akonamone(m): 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2007
Hmm guys this wait is tiring oooooooooooooo, i went to the HR office at VI on tuesday and i asked a HR officer when we will likely be called (not that i think he will divulge), but his response was that the calling should come from Enugu, then he said i should call them at Enugu and ask and then i told him that i had called their Regional Office at enugu and was informed that the call should come from their Head Office in lagos, then he just said i should hold on that we will be called. Its more than a month after our medicals now, haba! Happy Bank, makes us Happy. Lets all just pray we pass the medicals. Cheers!
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by bruce(m): 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2007
I can really feel the heat u guys are going through. Mine has been cussioned with the fact that I am now engaged with Access Bank Training. Nevertheless, am stil interested in IB Plc.

Those from PH, I wonder what is still holding our invitation for medicals.

My prayer is that they hasten things up, its really over due.

Good luck 2 you all.
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by chibzzy(m): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2007
Aaaaaaaaaah! What a sweet relief!! Thanks for the soul lifting news Konti.
Cheers comrades, the end of the waiting is finally in sight.
To God be the glory. cheesy
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by mankevo(m): 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2007
smiley cool
Yah !! the heat is on! But from inquiry i made it seems that the day is fast aproaching. On or bi4 August 27th.

So cheers to all cheesy cheesy
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by khris(m): 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2007
May God take all the glory.So i heard too.Guys to make the info complete,we need to know their means of contact this time around.Is it as mankevo said,or through our cellphones.My contact could not give the info.This is important so that nobody gets the info late like what happened in the medicals.So who knows? Keep the fire burning grin
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by akonamone(m): 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2007
Thank Goodmess! the wait seems over, but questions, how are we to be contacted? and again konti says the training is in batches, so not everyone will go and so that means some will still have to wait! what do u guys think?
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by chibzzy(m): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2007
Any new development folks?
Seeing that they've started calling those from PH for medicals, could it be that the long wait is for the trouble in that region to subside so that we can go for the training together?
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by akonamone(m): 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2007
Hmmmmm, if it's really monday the 27th that we are scheduled to resume training, then that means they should be contacting us this week. We they wait ooooooooooo, i check my mail everyday and my phone even follows me to the shower! We have come to the end, it is well
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by mankevo(m): 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2007
cheesy cheesy Sometimes I ask my Phone if it's not playing me pranks cool

The wait is really telling on every one sha But at the end let it be favourable. tongue
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by khris(m): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2007
I think say na only me dey carry phone everywhere.At times i will use my house phone to call my own phone to see if it still receives call.Truly the heat is on.Shaa i still believe they might still call us this week.About the batch thing, i believe all of us that went for the medicals might be called at the same time,afterall we are just about 32.Their training school should be able to contain us.God is with us guys, that i know.Cheers smiley
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by bruce(m): 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2007
Guys don't worry. I believe you guys are due for training this month and you all shall be there.
they have started calling PH for medicals. And from the way they sounded, as if they want you there immediately, shows that the are now ready to settle all and sundry.

A friend (Otipratt) was called yesterday and he should be in PH now. I was called this afternoon to also come for my medical letter between 2day and Friday.

From previous intension, I should have been dusting my bags to quit Access Bank's Training. However, after serious consultations from sources both in and outside IB Plc and in depth thought and evaluation of my career goals I have decided to remain in Access for now. More probably is because I have choices to make out of the two Banks. Otherwise, I wouldn't think twice going for IB.

For you guys, I say congratulations in advance and I wish you all the best in your banking career with IB Plc. My prayer is that we will all find favor where ever we find ourselves. But my candid advise is that your utmost will be required, don't fall short of that!!!

Konti, Mankevo, khris, Otipratt, akonam-one, Chibzzy, etc your contributions in the house are highly appreciated. I will miss getting to know and meet you all ( except Otipratt whom I have already known) in IB training school.

Good luck and all the best.

One Love!
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by akonamone(m): 9:14am On Aug 23, 2007
Guys! Shout Halleluia! Baba God e don do am!, Guys just yesterday i was called for training, the caller (a ladies voice) told me that i am to report at IBplc HQ at danmole for training. Guys if you were not called yesterday expect the call today, so keep your phones fully charged, and take it everywhere u go, try and have full network bars (if there is anything you can do about it). I dont even know how to start thanking God. To my guys Khris and Emeka, looking forward to seeing u y'all in lag. To all Landers keep keeping on, your miracle is just around the corner.
Cheers y'all!
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by doudlec(f): 12:57pm On Aug 23, 2007
hi akonam congrats. still waitin 4 my call.cld u give us the number that called u so we can cal them to verify?once again congrats
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by bruce(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2007
Congrats man. Am happy for you. I hope to hear more of that good news from guys like konti.
congrats once more.
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by bruce(m): 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2007
Congrats man. Am happy for you. I hope to hear more of that good news  from guys like konti.
congrats once more.
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by mankevo(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2007
akonam-one cheesy
I have heard it from a felow that they have started calling, hmn I'm still expecting my own call.
ut I'm affraid of this batch of a thing,hope it won't apply here cos I need something doing now.
However,for those already called I say C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by lemdee(m): 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2007
congrats akonam_one. I'm new in the forum and i'm also waiting and praying for a call from Intercontinental. I did my medicals at Enugu.
It's been like 5 months now but i believe the long wait is finally over. grin God don do am 4 us.
Re: Intercontinental Enugu Training by khris(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2007
Guys i strongly hope we are still going to be called before Saturday.Akonam-one congrats my man.They have not still called me though they have called Emeka.I put everything in God's hands.Guys this is the number that calls people, 012771103.When i called them they told me that if i have not been called that i should have patience that they are calling in batches,that i might still be called.God who started this for us will surely see us to the end.So guys somebody else should try to call the number and see what they will tell him or her.Cheers

Marketers Needed In A Block Industry / Blue Orange Oxford Real Estate Company / Intercontinental Accepting Hard Copy