Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,791 members, 7,844,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards (18070 Views)

Temitope Olatoye Sugar Dies In UCH After He Was Shot / Temitope Olatoye ‘Sugar’ Shot In Ibadan, In A Critical Condition At UCH / Temitope Olatoye And His Supporters Burn APC Broom In Oyo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by BabbanBura(m): 5:50am On Feb 24, 2022
Olunmercy56:
cool handsome with good intellect.

Every bearded guy is now handsome!
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by ikorodureporta: 6:03am On Feb 24, 2022
When did U.I drop their 7.0 grading system

1 Like

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by Basic123: 6:23am On Feb 24, 2022
Lindodo20:

What has a worthless Tinubu slave like you given to Nigeria, except take, and take, and take. Useless hypocrite like you and your failed master.

Atole oshi
TINUBU OBSESSED

TINUBU HAS LEFT POWER SINCE 2007.
AND HE PUT LAGOS ON THE RIGHT TRACK

BE OBSESSED WITH YOUR INCOMPETENT STATE GOVERNOR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by assholemods: 6:26am On Feb 24, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Nigeria produced him even though, in your pessimism and negative-mindset towards Nigeria, you failed to see the good in it.

UI is a federal university and those who ensured he is well protected when he moves around the campus and state are Nigerians, the teachers who taught him are Nigerians.

Now is the time for him to give back to Nigeria. If he does not give back to Nigeria, he will lose all wink

It is entirely up to you to make the best out of your life by having & keeping the right company and reading the right books. Folks like him do not ooze negativity online and offline and that is why he could excel in sports as well.

I congratulate him and urge him to make a difference in the Nigerian society with his knowledge.

God bless him and may God bless Nigeria forever.
What thrash is this one saying?
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by eTen94(m): 6:37am On Feb 24, 2022
Congrats, but since when UI start to dey use 4.0 cgpa cos na 7.0 I know before, once again congratulations
EcoBrick:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/02/temitope-oyedeji-is-uis-best-graduating-mathematics-student-bags-41-awards/
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by techWriter3: 7:11am On Feb 24, 2022
Stfu
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by Inspirer1: 7:11am On Feb 24, 2022
Chai, if I had studied Mathematics undecided

Congratulations to the Mathematician!
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by Inspirer1: 7:12am On Feb 24, 2022
eTen94:
Congrats, but since when UI start to dey use 4.0 cgpa cos na 7.0 I know before, once again congratulations
My first observation too.

Congrats to the guy.

2 Likes

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by aikyg(m): 7:27am On Feb 24, 2022
This is the real BBNaija winner. Not those ones getting naked and fighting on TV.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by Brunicekid(m): 7:38am On Feb 24, 2022
I know his brother, Timilehin... He was the best student in Unilorin's Mat Met engineering department and faculty of Engineering in 2017.

2 Likes

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by aikyg(m): 8:22am On Feb 24, 2022
This is the real BBNaija star. Not those lazy youths fighting and getting naked on TV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by lexymella(m): 8:57am On Feb 24, 2022
Thanks my brother! Good and intelligent people abound in all tribes all over the world. No tribe or person is a custodian of knowledge. And indeed no tribe is superior to the other. Infact, all blacks are genetically the same and the truth is that we as a people are lagging behind in all spheres of life and we have really got nothing to celebrate. Enough of the Yoruba/ Igbo supremacy nonsense!!!
nokspos:
i'm a yoruba, but what do you stand to gain with this tribal rubbish, do they pay you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by wifeesnatcher(m): 9:13am On Feb 24, 2022
nokspos:
i'm a yoruba, but what do you stand to gain with this tribal rubbish, do they pay you?

who ask you if you're a Yoruba? why are you not cautioning southeast when they called Yoruba all sort of names Mr I'm Yoruba

Yoruba wannabe
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by EmmaLege: 9:40am On Feb 24, 2022
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by chocolatelady(f): 10:08am On Feb 24, 2022
congratulations!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by Enibanks(f): 10:38am On Feb 24, 2022
no b juju b dat

1 Like

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by mathefaro(m): 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
My boy, making me proud cool

1 Like

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by mathefaro(m): 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
eTen94:
UI started using the 4.0 CGPA system with his set.

1 Like

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by iLearner: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
ikorodureporta:

Since 2016/2017
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by IgOga(m): 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
ikorodureporta:

I wan ask that question too o grin grin grin
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by TOYE16(m): 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2022
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by ikorodureporta: 3:55pm On Feb 24, 2022
iLearner:

Since 2016/2017
Nice...that 7.0 na cheating ... Most lecturers won't allow u to get to 5
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by iLearner: 5:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
ikorodureporta:

Nice...that 7.0 na cheating ... Most lecturers won't allow u to get to 5

The 7.0 was much easier than the present 4.0
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by ikorodureporta: 6:29pm On Feb 24, 2022
iLearner:

The 7.0 was much easier than the present 4.0
I disagree... With 4.0, the range is very wide
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by iLearner: 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
ikorodureporta:

I disagree... With 4.0, the range is very wide

Lol, you don't know how this works. Let me show you.

On the 7.0 points scale, a score of 60-64 is 5 points, 65-69 is 6points, and 70-above is 7 points. Meanwhile first class on the 7 points scale is from 6.0 to 7.0. second class upper is 4.6-5.9. This means that a student who scores between 65-69 all through his or her years will graduate with a first class. If the student scores less than 60 in few courses, the student will still graduate with an upper credit.

Now let's bring this scenario to the 4.0 scale.

In 4.0,

70+ is 4 points
60-69 is 3 points
50-59 is 2 points
45-49 is 1 point
0-44 is fail

First class on this scale is 3.5-4.0, second class is 3.0-3.49. If a student scores 69 all through his or her years, the student graduates with exactly 3.0 (note that it was 6.0 on the 7.0 scale, and was first class, but here, second class upper!).

Now if the student mistakenly score less than 60 in a course, the GPA no longer completes 3.0, it'll be 2.99 and hence, second class lower! (It'd have been upper in the 7.0 scale!)

So there you go.

Meanwhile, I'm a final year student in UI, and I know how it works very well. We have debated on the abortion of the 4.0 scale several times, but I guess it's here to stay!

1 Like

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by ikorodureporta: 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2022
iLearner:

Lol, you don't know how this works. Let me show you.

On the 7.0 points scale, a score of 60-64 is 5 points, 65-69 is 6points, and 70-above is 7 points. Meanwhile first class on the 7 points scale is from 6.0 to 7.0. second class upper is 4.6-5.9. This means that a student who scores between 65-69 all through his or her years will graduate with a first class. If the student scores less than 60 in few courses, the student will still graduate with an upper credit.

Now let's bring this scenario to the 4.0 scale.

In 4.0,

70+ is 4 points
60-69 is 3 points
50-59 is 2 points
45-49 is 1 point
0-44 is fail

First class on this scale is 3.5-4.0, second class is 3.0-3.49. If a student scores 69 all through his or her years, the student graduates with exactly 3.0 (note that it was 6.0 on the 7.0 scale, and was first class, but here, second class upper!).

Now if the student mistakenly score less than 60 in a course, the GPA no longer completes 3.0, it'll be 2.99 and hence, second class lower! (It'd have been upper in the 7.0 scale!)

So there you go.

Meanwhile, I'm a final year student in UI, and I know how it works very well. We have debated on the abortion of the 4.0 scale several times, but I guess it's here to stay!
On that 7.0 scale, most average student end up btw 2.5 & 3.5...whereas at 4.0, I'm sure most average people will be scoring around 2.5.

The lecturers are usually stingy on the 7.0 scale...that's why it's hard to cross 5.0

You can easily make a 2 upper on 4.0 scale
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by iLearner: 3:41am On Feb 25, 2022
ikorodureporta:

On that 7.0 scale, most average student end up btw 2.5 & 3.5...whereas at 4.0, I'm sure most average people will be scoring around 2.5.

The lecturers are usually stingy on the 7.0 scale...that's why it's hard to cross 5.0

You can easily make a 2 upper on 4.0 scale

Did you decide to ignore the analysis I put above? undecided

Majority will not reach 3.0 on the 4.0 scale because they have to consistently score above 60 to reach 3.0. Upper credit starts from 3.0! The equivalent of lower credit on the 4.0 scale is 2.0-2.99. This is where majority are. There's also no pass grade on the 4.0 scale, and pass mark is 45 instead of 40 that it is on both 5.0 and 7.0 scale.

Ask any UI student about this.
There's nothing like being stingy with 7.0 scale. You score 70 and above, that's 7 points. You score 65-69, that's 6 points. You score 60-64, that's 5 points, and so on.

Are you saying lecturers were not giving students A or B grades because the school was using 7.0 scale

Take a look at the pharmacy recent results

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by LearningMaths: 4:58am On Feb 25, 2022
mathefaro:
My boy, making me proud cool

Thank you for everything sir.

1 Like

Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by LearningMaths: 4:59am On Feb 25, 2022
Brunicekid:
I know his brother, Timilehin... He was the best student in Unilorin's Mat Met engineering department and faculty of Engineering in 2017.

Yes sir. Scholar Timation.
Re: Temitope Oyedeji Is UI’s Best Graduating Mathematics Student, Bags 41 Awards by LearningMaths: 5:01am On Feb 25, 2022
Olunmercy56:
cool handsome with good intellect.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Suntai Discharged From US Hospital / Shiite Attack: Ahmad Lawan Visits Victims, Demands Justice (photos) / Fayemi: Turning Ekiti Into A Huge Construction Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.