Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,530 members, 7,861,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:05 PM

Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country (32132 Views)

Russia Declares Estonia PM, Kaja Kallas Wanted / Russia's Wagner Group Declares War On Russian Army / We Will Take 'Counter Measures' Against Finland - Russia Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Kaysalas(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
JJOF:

Where are those Putin's lovers who were mocking the US for "spreading fear". Shey una say Putin no dey invade?
And where are those Biden lovers who dared mother Russia to invade and see grin grin grin
See how it works?

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by torqque7(m): 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
seunlayi:

Try to change this type of perception, this is a global issue and it affects you unless you are in Mars. Have you forgotten about the thousands of Nigerians in that country? Also remember that this is not the generation of Alexandria De Great when you have to sail from Europe to hit America grin, the war may get to your village in less than a day.

Modified: I forgot to add petrol that we import, you will soon be prompted to pour crude oil into your engine or you expect PMB to use the anticipated rise to pay subsidy grin

People like that guy no get sense at all..he doesn't know what this really means for the world..EVERYONE will be affected on way or the other and this very much can easily turn to ward war3 and he is there saying rubbish

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Kaysalas(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
relaxandsmile:

I didn't believe in the so called world war! The European have the style of hyping anything that happens within territory as if it is the whole world .We should not reduce the entire world to this.
We must be an onlooker for their show of extreme shame.
Unfortunately, we have hardly ever been ONLOOKERS in their wars but rather we have been cannon fodders. The question is if and when it gets to the wire, will history repeat itself?
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by torqque7(m): 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2022
Where are all those Nairaland lunatics that where shouting up and down some days ago that the US was making too much noise when it was saying Russia would invade Ukraine,you all think US will just talk when they aren't sure of a situation?shey una don see am now as Russia has officially declared war on Ukraine and an invasion
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by WoundedLamb: 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
When I said it here that Ukraine was the target and Putin's ridiculous dream of re-creating the old USSR was the driving force, some people called me names like brainwashed, etc. They said it was western propaganda. Now it's happening. When was the last time Putin even mentioned NATO and their missiles? Is the endgame not clear enough now? Was it not his spy chief that disclosed the entire plan right in front of Putin? When some of you support authoritarian leaders on the grounds of "America has done worse", I wonder the kind of logic y'all employ. I only pity the people of Ukraine, citizens and immigrants alike.

Here are comments from my brothers on that thread. I wonder how they're taking this now.

owagbeba:

Brother... when you state this skewed view of the situation, it shows that you are listening to only the west and their media propaganda, and have not bothered to read the views of Russia on this matter. When you do, then you will understand that this is not much about Ukraine. It’s the western media that is screaming Ukraine invasion when that fact is about US setting nuclear missiles in Poland and Romania aimed at Russia, NATO’s attempt to encircle Russia with regime change in former soviet nations.

smallrincowis16:

Putin never said he's going to invade Ukraine, its the western paranoid and insecurities that's making them thinking so. He's made it clear for upteen times. What's bad in moving troops in his own country?

BigBashiru:

Russia will never invade Ukraine unless there is intelligence they are acting on that we do not know. Russia is a more morally upright country than uk and usa.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by torqque7(m): 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2022
kingthreat:

Anything happening in Ukraine will affect Russia. US and NATO troops in Ukraine will be seen as an a security threat to Russia. Russia just wants the west to leave Ukraine for them, the west has been working on removing Russia's influence from the state. Hence what is happening now.

What you are saying is utter rubbish. Its just like A church behind or close to ur house tells you that they won't let you mingle with Muslims or people who don't share your faith because it is a threat to them and as a result the pastor will ask his members to invade your house..does that make sense to you?its just easy for you to say all you are saying because you are not the one been bullied undecided
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by kingthreat(m): 2:55pm On Feb 24, 2022
torqque7:

What you are saying is utter rubbish. Its just like A church behind or close to ur house tells you that they won't let you mingle with Muslims or people who don't share your faith because it is a threat to them and as a result the pastor will ask his members to invade your house..does that make sense to you?its just easy for you to say all you are saying because you are not the one been bullied undecided

Then let the West stop Putin
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by BigBashiru: 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
WoundedLamb:
When I said it here that Ukraine was the target and Putin's ridiculous dream of re-creating the old USSR was the driving force, some people called me names like brainwashed, etc. They said it was western propaganda. Now it's happening. When was the last time Putin even mentioned NATO and their missiles? Is the endgame not clear enough now? Was it not his spy chief that disclosed the entire plan right in front of Putin? When some of you support authoritarian leaders on the grounds of "America has done worse", I wonder the kind of logic y'all employ. I only pity the people of Ukraine, citizens and immigrants alike.

Here are comments from my brothers on that thread. I wonder how they're taking this now.

The military operation is only striking military facilities....and is aimed at degrading the military capability of Ukraine which combined with nato and foreign support, poses a security threat to russia
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by WoundedLamb: 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
BigBashiru:

The military operation is only striking military facilities....and is aimed at degrading the military capability of Ukraine which combined with nato and foreign support, poses a security threat to russia

You must be living in your own world for you type this given all the recent events.

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by BigBashiru: 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
WoundedLamb:

You must be living in your own world for you type this given all the recent events.

Russia is better than the West when it comes to working with Africa.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by owagbeba: 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
WoundedLamb:

War of any kind is sad, be it in Ukraine, Syria, Yemen, etc.

Russian militarily operations in Ukraine were wholly avoidable if the USA had taken time to listen to Russian grievances and helped allay those worries.

Russian approach to this security problem had been multi-layered starting with a request for security guarantees that NATO would “NOT” setup base In Ukraine and maintain neutrality. Rather than address this issue, they(USA) huffed puffed with raised shoulders and threatened sanctions from hell.

Russia recognized Donetsk and Lugansk republics the same way the west recognized Kosovo. The west in their ego began to rain sanctions on Russia.

I think it was time for a whole new world order forged by fire. Russia has indeed had enough. She has called the western bluff and attacked first.

Sadly, Zelensky of Ukraine should have been wiser knowing that you don’t bring in an enemy to a family house.

I repeat War is SAD
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by owagbeba: 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Israel bombed Syria today. This is the fourth attack in two weeks. Have you ever criticized Israel? Because the western media have conditioned you to accept whatever they do as right and every other country wrong!

Cry for Yemen, Syria , ... the same way you cry for ukraine

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by owagbeba: 3:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
Yemen has been bombed to Stone Age by the coalition of UAE, USA ,UK and Saudi Arabia... but I don’t see much attention to their plight just because this horrible act is been perpetrated by the west.

Imagine if it were a Chinese or Russia war... the mind numbing propaganda from the western presstitute would be on another scale.

Look at Libya.... thrashed beyond repair
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by LIONSABRE(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
This could have been averted and Russia is obviously the aggressor.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by babajero(m): 9:23pm On Feb 24, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Nigerians should be prepared for the unexpected

Don't think because you're in Africa, you're safe .

It is called war for a reason, anything can happen
Just calm down make China join the fight, na China dey come carry una go fight because buhari don already sell una give China.
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by babajero(m): 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
nony43:
Biden warned them two days ago.
The kind of intelligence America have, no other country in the world have it. The intention of Russia was total invasion of Ukraine, but because of the heads up from America they have to back down, and use the disguise of peace keeping.

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Thomist(m): 9:29pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ever8090:
Make Russia no go do make small pikin wey them dey underrate no go use them shine ooo.. e dey happen oooo...

Na truth u talk o
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by babajero(m): 9:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
relaxandsmile:
As usual, the black man has forgotten their own problems. See how Nigeria is upside down and we are talking about people that probably doesn't know that we exist.
If it start there it must surely affect us here, just like they said "when 2 elephants are fighting".
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Tzar(m): 12:46am On Feb 25, 2022
How do you decide to invade a sovereign nation, just because you don’t like their style of leadership?!
This is so wrong!!!
Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by WoundedLamb: 1:59am On Feb 25, 2022
owagbeba:

Israel bombed Syria today. This is the fourth attack in two weeks. Have you ever criticized Israel? Because the western media have conditioned you to accept whatever they do as right and every other country wrong!

Cry for Yemen, Syria , ... the same way you cry for ukraine

Sir, is Putin's aggression towards an almost helpless and comparatively tiny Ukraine right or wrong?

When we get to a thread about Isreal and Syria, call me to share my view on the issue between two countries. But bringing that here after Putin has made the move you claimed wasn't his intention is simply a deliberate attempt to shy away from saying the truth.

Is your defence of Putin's forceful reclaim our Ukraine, "but Isreal is bombing Syria"? Do you need western media to tell you Putin's aggression towards Ukraine is unjustified? Will it take anything from you to acknowledge Putin is not doing the right thing? Y'all said he had no plans of invading Ukraine and when he's done that, your next line is "but Isreal is bombing Syria". Two countries that have been fighting each other on and off since 1948 makes Putin's actions right. Is your support for Putin based on your hatred for the West or some actual logic? Can't you call a spade a spade? Does your hatred for the West beclouded your logic? I give up.

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by WoundedLamb: 2:08am On Feb 25, 2022
owagbeba:

War of any kind is sad, be it in Ukraine, Syria, Yemen, etc.

Russian militarily operations in Ukraine were wholly avoidable if the USA had taken time to listen to Russian grievances and helped allay those worries.

Russian approach to this security problem had been multi-layered starting with a request for security guarantees that NATO would “NOT” setup base In Ukraine and maintain neutrality. Rather than address this issue, they(USA) huffed puffed with raised shoulders and threatened sanctions from hell.

Russia recognized Donetsk and Lugansk republics the same way the west recognized Kosovo. The west in their ego began to rain sanctions on Russia.

I think it was time for a whole new world order forged by fire. Russia has indeed had enough. She has called the western bluff and attacked first.

Sadly, Zelensky of Ukraine should have been wiser knowing that you don’t bring in an enemy to a family house.

I repeat War is SAD

So the solution to you would be for Ukraine to remain helplessly at the mercy of Russia? Why does Ukraine want to join NATO? Is it not cause of the same Russia?

Sir, Russian invasion of Ukraine is more about his ambitions than any fear of missiles. You heard his Spy Chief say it. Putin wants to reclaim Ukraine. Putin's dream of re-creating the old USSR is as obvious as day and night. Missiles or no missiles, he would have still done this (Russia is more or less surrounded by NATO anyway). Russian neighbours joined NATO for the same reason Ukraine wants to join the body. The only reason he moved against Ukraine joining NATO is because he didn't want them to have any help when he strikes (which is why Ukraine tried to join NATO in the first place). And he's moving fast now cause it will be more difficult if Ukraine becomes a full member of NATO. Have you heard Putin mention missiles in his recent comments? He said it's peacekeeping and yet his men are all over the country and he's taking over the country's armory. If it were about missiles, would the ever bold Putin need to come up some cheap lies to go in? There's no justification for what Putin is doing. The only reason people support him on here is their hatred for the US. First, it was "Russia will never invade Ukraine, it's western propaganda". Now Ukraine is being blamed for seeking help against a bully.

1 Like

Re: Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country by Thazard(m): 7:14am On Feb 25, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Theresa May Shows Her Football Dazzling Skills (pics) / Korogocho: Kenyan Slum Where Women Practice Taekwondo For Self Defense / Hong Kong Lawmakers Fight Over Bill To Criminalise Abuse Of China's Anthem (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.