Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,741 members, 7,809,834 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates (27555 Views)

Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries / Terror Threat: US Moves To Evacuate Citizens, Embassy Staff From Nigeria / Nigeria Loses As Russia-Ukraine War Escalates Global Oil Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by aminulive: 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
The Nigerian Government has announced intentions to evacuate its citizens in Ukraine following an invasion by Russia, POLITICS NIGERIA has learned.

The Federal Government of Nigeria is planning for special flight operation to evacuate her citizens from Ukraine in view of the escalating tension between that country and Russia.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Geoffrey Onyeama in an interview with NTA said the Nigerian embassy in Kiev has been contacted to arrange those wishing to the return home from other areas including Donestk and Luhensk.

The minister assured Nigerians that the ministry is following the event since beginning and promised to do everything for the safety of Nigerians in Ukraine, particularly students.

The Russians have started attacking military installations in Ukraine amidst worries and accusations by the western world of imminent invasion which President Vladimir Putin has repeatedly denied.

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-nigerian-government-to-evacuate-citizens-in-ukraine-as-war-escalates/

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by MadamVanessa(f): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
shocked

Evacuate to where exactly? Bring them back to bandits, Bokoharam , Iswap, ritualist, fake cope turned tailor and drug baron Pablo Escobar Kyari infested shithole like this. From frypan to fire sad

Despite the war in Ukraine, i am sure it might still be safer than this shithole.

206 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
Right about time..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Rollsnjaguar(m): 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
Okay o
Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ok
Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Sergio101(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Evacuate to where exactly?

Despite the war in Ukraine, i am sure it might still be safer than this shithole.
grin

Exactly.....they will come back home to meet our everyday latent tribal war

Good riddance to bad rubbish!!
Outta here!!!
Prosperous111:
Or make them send our troops for rescue mission grin. Expecially our operations hadin kai cheesy

We dey come

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Dukeolumidemans(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
Office don set... grin grin grin tongue

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Careful4u: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
Evacuating them back to another war zone, where killing, maiming, starvation, banditry and kidnapping at will thrive I guess grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by tydi(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
Pls they should do oo Cus my little cousin is there . God keep him safe!!! this government with much talk and no action

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Fuckingmallam45(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
Really? They should calm down, there will be no War.
Nuclear armed nations would never dare to go to war with each other primarily for the fear of mutually assured destruction of each other.

If only it ( mutually assured destruction of warring nuclear armed nations) had not been the case the first country to be invaded following the invasion of Afghanistan may have been Pakistan for it provides safe haven to terrorists even though Pakistan receives significant aid from America.

Now even if nuclear war is ruled out. USA would not dare to even think about going to war with Russia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Akinsete19(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
Better

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by wink2015(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
This is belated.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Mukah1234(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
This would be great! I pray and hope Nigerians in Ukraine are evacuated as soon as possible.

With the comments I see here on how people joke about this. I feel this Ukraine invasions news only hurts Nigerians who have a family member or friend in Ukraine.

Anyway, we are all humans and it’s certain people are going to lose their lives if the war escalates beyond what it is now.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by BleedTears: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hmm
Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by taiwotimitt: 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
I'm sure they might not want to come. most might even use the opportunity seek asylum in Poland

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Koleb: 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
So now what been go on
Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by onikoyikosoko: 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Evacuate to where exactly? Bring them back to bandits, Bokoharam , Iswap, ritualist, fake cope turned tailor and drug baron infested shithole like this.

Back to nigeria na.....
Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by fleps(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
Why does this even appear funny to me grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Prosperous111(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
Or make them send our troops for rescue mission grin. Expecially our operations hadin kai cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Tonygeesm(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
Lol, werey country, Nigerians are still willing to go to Ukraine than been evacuated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Rubbiish(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Evacuate to where exactly? Bring them back to bandits, Bokoharam , Iswap, ritualist, fake cope turned tailor and drug baron infested shithole like this.

Have u watched the Nigeria Biafra war documentary? U have no idea what war can do to a nation!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by AsomArchitectNG(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
Good but abeg make una warn BUBU, no be Nigeria Tunisia wan play match o make him no talk anyhow

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Image123(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
lol, Nigerians no wan come Nigeria na. They'll rather be refugee and get citizenship in Europe. Even the care wey refugee go receive for Europe, some lecturer no receive am for Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by sevo(m): 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
They tell una say dem wan leave Evacuate to where For Boko boys to finished them abi??
Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by DEEBOZZ(m): 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
Buhari government always have our foreign citizens at heart in times like this .
I am highly proud of his leadership in responding to the plight of our citizens abroad.

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Akinsete19(m): 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I wonder too
Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by Risingblue008(m): 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Our government never seize to amaze me
grin grin grin
Funny idiots.
Evacuate fire
Like say them Carry us for mind
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates by OYENIYIJK: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
I hope everyone is safe over there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 / Nigeria Will Work If South East Works - Vice President Shettima / Buhari Considers Hadiza Bala Usman As Head Of NPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.