Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,013 members, 7,852,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:36 PM

APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai (2748 Views)

Tackle Insecurity In The North West, El-Rufai Begs FG / Wike Told Atiku If APC Had Picked Osinbajo He Would Have Declared For APC. / El-rufai: APC Had No Plans For Nigeria; We Just wanted Jonathan Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Gentlevip: 7:18am On Feb 25, 2022
Who is tossing the. Seems its no cabal in the presidency.
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Truthisunique2: 7:31am On Feb 25, 2022
LegendHero:
El-Rufai is right. APC zoned the presidency ticket to the South because no micro zoning should be allowed. That will be baby politics.

Now all the gladiators of the South will contest for the ticket and the strongest man will emerge.

Asiwaju Jagaban, Dave Umahi, Orji Kalu are the three candidates that indicated interest to run for now. They and other candidates that will indicate interest will contest the primaries and a winner will emerge.
Did you see were he chipped in that all positions held by south south would go to north central

Then he said all positions held by north west would go to south east

If North central is the one paralleling south south it automatically means as north central is head of party it's parallel south south would head government

They are not bringing micro zone yet but he just craftily gave you an hint with that parallel narrative which would come in later

2 Likes

Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Truthisunique2: 7:40am On Feb 25, 2022
Cardilac2323:
All the positions held by the north will be swap to the south

Northwest position goes to south east...Hmmm, and the president comes from the northwest, meaning that by way of this swapping the south east gets the presidency. If u know u know.
Elrufai is a master strategist aswear
lol not east

They are master strategist to have brought this formula

If you parallel North central with south south in the flip formula

It means that North central is heading party and south south should head government
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Truthisunique2: 7:42am On Feb 25, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

If the entire permutations/swap of offices is extended to the top elected offices, it might mean Amaechi is out of it. Read that article very carefully
not true

North central parallel the south south in the swap

If North central heads the party that means south south would head government

Amaechi all the way
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Truthisunique2: 7:43am On Feb 25, 2022
iokpebholo:
Rotimi Amaechi......God bless u sir...carry go
you Sabi the game

Since they used North central to swap South south

It means as north central heads party, south south would head government

After the convention this reality would done on all that they just tactically micro zoned presidency to south south
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by BlazinGlory40: 7:55am On Feb 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
not true

Amaechi all the way

You are getting it the wrong way sir! The current president isn’t t from the north central
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by BlazinGlory40: 8:08am On Feb 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Did you see were he chipped in that all positions held by south south would go to north central

Then he said all positions held by north west would go to south east

If North central is the one paralleling south south it automatically means as north central is head of party it's parallel south south would head government

They are not bringing micro zone yet but he just craftily gave you an hint with that parallel narrative which would come in later

“Swap” and “parallel” are two different things.
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by BlazinGlory40: 8:13am On Feb 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
not true

Amaechi all the way

Lol! Your interest is really making you equate “swap” with “parallel”. Not like you don’t know that those two words are different on a normal.
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Truthisunique2: 8:14am On Feb 25, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

You are getting it the wrong way sir! The current president isn’t t from the north central
lol, can't you see the gimmick

Buhari was not elected based on sharing formula or zoning, as the first APC president he was chosen because he was most likely to get votes in the north upon which they rotated all positions around his candidacy

This is the first time in APC history they are electing president based on zoning and the party zoning has just kicked started how the zone of president would take shape

If NC heads party the new parallel ss would head government
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Truthisunique2: 8:19am On Feb 25, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

Lol! Your interest is really making you equate “swap” with “parallel”. Not like you don’t know that those two words are different on a normal.
the two are the same intention in the APC context

If you swap North east with south west instead of south east is that truly a parallel swap?

There is an unseen motive behind such a parallel swap

It's all an agenda to force the position of secretary on the south west, that way it won't have a clamour against south south when it already control biggest southern post

Again if NC control party, south south is the defined parallel of the party in the zoning arrangements

Your opinion is insignificant, ss would head government
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by MikoB: 8:27am On Feb 25, 2022
BlazinGlory40:
Indications emerged on Thursday that the All Progressive Congress APC presidential ticket is still open to all contestants in the South West, South East and South-South.

Governor Nasir El-Rufai dropped this hint on Thursday while briefing Journalists at the Media briefing organized by the Presidential Media team, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The Governor while responding to questions on the zoning of the party approved by President Mohammadu Buhari on Tuesday, revealed, however, that the zoning arrangements was to send signals about the party’s direction

“ What we have done with the zoning we presented to Mr President on Tuesday and which he approved, is sending a signal about the directions of the party, it is not about zoning the Presidency to anyone yet. But we have sent the signal.

The Governor who confirmed that the Presidency has been zoned to the South added that “ It is not zoned to any particular place in the South. But we are waiting to see who the aspirants are. A few people have declared their interest. We are waiting.

“I want to clarify that the APC zoning arrangements that we announced are the zoning arrangements for the party.

He disclosed that the party had always done that in the last three elections that it had.

“When we elected John Oyegun as chairman, we had this zoning arrangement. Each of the six zones had offices allocated to them. We also carried that along when we elected Adams Oshimhole as our National Chairman.

“All we did now is to flip it. Since the chairman is going to be from North Central, it means that the North Central will take all the positions of South-South. If you check, you will see that all the positions allocated to the North Central were the positions held by the South-South under Oyegun and Oshiomhole.

Similarly, he revealed that all the positions held by North West went to the South East and vice versa.

Under the new arrangements, all the positions held by North West will be going to the South East and those held by the North East will go to the South West.

“That is why the South West will produce the Party’s National Secretary.

“We are not talking about the Presidency yet. When we do this convention and elect our national officers, then we start preparing for the party convention that will produce our candidates for National Assembly and the Presidency. That is when that conversation will come up”

Speaking on whether he will support a South West candidate, el- Rufai said he will support any qualified candidate from the south.

“I will support any APC candidate if I am satisfied that he will do the best for Nigeria. It doesn’t matter if he is from South West, South East, South-South. APC and the quality of the person us what matters.

He however added that only the President’s decision will influence his choice in exceptional cases

“All I can tell you is that unless in an exceptional situation, whoever President Buhari tells me, this is the person I want, that is where I am going, because I trust his judgement.

“Now, if I disagree, I will go into the room and tell him. We have done that a few times and he knows. If he still insists that Nasir, I have heard you, but this is what I want, I will say ok. I will do it”

On his ambition for 2023, the Kaduna Governor whose second term ends in 2023, denied having other ambitions aside from writing books.

El- Rufai revealed how the President had in 2014 forced him to contest the governorship election against his own will

“ I have zero ambition, I just want to finish this job and get on with my private life, write another book, and make tons of money. The largest amount of money I ever got in my life was writing the “ Accidental Public Servant” and it is still selling.

“So, I have never had any ambition. If I die today, I am satisfied, accomplished and happy because I never in my life, based on my humble background, ever thought that I would even enter this building ( the Presidential Villa). How would I ever enter the office where the President is? So, for me, even being here is a privilege if you know my background.

“God has been very kind to me and my outings in public service have all been satisfactory and why push my luck and even with a job with 90percent of failure.

“I am not an ambitious person. I am just a person that gets things done when given the opportunity.

“That is why I have never lobbied for a job, or desired any. Even this Governorship, it was President Mohammadu Buhari that literally forced me to run.

“I wasn’t interested in it. I just wanted us to defeat former President Goodluck Jonathan and I will come to the Villa and enjoy myself.

He declared that his intention was to serve as special adviser ( domestic) to the President.

“ Anytime they are flying to New York, I will be there. That was my ambition, I would not have had grey hairs. The President insisted that some of us must go and run for Governorship, just in case he did not get elected again. He felt that we needed some strong Governors, those were the words he used. I was forced into this.

“I never desired to be Minister of the FCT. Obasanjo just called me and said he wanted me to be the Minister,

“ I never wanted to be the director-general of BPE, I was drafted into it. So, I have zero ambitions, I have no aspirations”

https://businessday.ng/news/article/2023-apc-has-not-zoned-its-presidential-ticket-to-south-west-el-rufai/

This is what I have been saying, that the South West will produce the apc's candidate, for the party hierarchy like el rufai to even be talking about or denying it, its so obvious where the pendulum will swing, that was how they started the rumour of North central been tipped to produce the chairman of the party, and many came out to deny it, so my dear sw haters, apc is not the only party in naija, we have over fifty of them, moreover, the last time i checked pdp is in existence, why don't you guys try to promote it and see maybe, you guys can come back, so you don't need worrying your head over apc that is fulani and afonja party like you always claimed . Thanks
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by MikoB: 8:27am On Feb 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
lol, can't you see the gimmick

Buhari was not elected based on sharing formula or zoning, as the first APC president he was chosen because he was most likely to get votes in the north upon which they rotated all positions around his candidacy

This is the first time in APC history they are electing president based on zoning and the party zoning has just kicked started how the zone of president would take shape

If NC heads party the new parallel ss would head government

This is what I have been saying, that the South West will produce the apc's candidate, for the party hierarchy like el rufai to even be talking about or denying it, its so obvious where the pendulum will swing, that was how they started the rumour of North central been tipped to produce the chairman of the party, and many came out to deny it, so my dear sw haters, apc is not the only party in naija, we have over fifty of them, moreover, the last time i checked pdp is in existence, why don't you guys try to promote it and see maybe, you guys can come back, so you don't need worrying your head over apc that is fulani and afonja party like you always claimed . Thanks
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Truthisunique2: 8:39am On Feb 25, 2022
MikoB:

you actually said nothing

El-rufai didn't deny any shit, he said they take all instructions from the president who has a candidate

The president who has a candidate has lambasted your Yoruba god who wants to sit in Lagos and decide for APC

Is your god no longer national leader of the party?

Why is he never in the meeting in the party he formed

As you can see this is no longer afonja party, Buhari has kicked your sorry ass

2 Likes

Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by MikoB: 9:05am On Feb 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
you actually said nothing

El-rufai didn't deny any shit, he said they take all instructions from the president who has a candidate

The president who has a candidate has lambasted your Yoruba god who wants to sit in Lagos and decide for APC

Is your god no longer national leader of the party?

Why is he never in the meeting in the party he formed

As you can see this is no longer afonja party, Buhari has kicked your sorry ass
You are a slowpoke for calling fellow human being like myself my god, its obvious you have no parental guidance and home training, anyway I just discovered you are the same person I decided not to reply again, if not that you changed your moniker I would have known, moreover who told you tinubu is my favourite! You idiot, don't ever quote me again in your miserable life, imagine calling someone my god, are you mad!
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Truthisunique2: 9:08am On Feb 25, 2022
MikoB:

You are a slowpoke for calling fellow human being like myself my god, its obvious you have no parental guidance and home training, anyway I just discovered you are the same person I decided not to reply again, if not that you changed your moniker I would have known, moreover who told you tinubu is my favourite! You idiot, don't ever quote me again in your miserable life, imagine calling someone my god, are you mad!
grin pains and frustration

1 Like

Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by franchasng: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2022
Nvestor02:
[[s]quote author=iokpebholo post=110515035]Rotimi Amaechi......God bless u sir...carry go[/s]

Amaechi is also a half Yoruba man... Lose lose for Igbo in 2023 grin
Rotimi Amaechi has nothing to do with Yoruba.

His father named him Rotimi after a Yoruba Doctor or so that happened to be their neighbor. Google it and read more.
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by JaroMan: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2022
I read this interview and no where microzone was mentioned.
People are just here analyzing an explicit statement.
The president will come from South.
So far in APC, Tinubu has shown capacity and I won't be surprised anymore if he gets the ticket.
Except the party assuage Tinubu and give the ticket to South East; apart from that, the party will caput.
The momentum of Kwankwaso and co should be taken serious and if Tinubu teams up with Kwankwaso, NW and SW will be interesting.
But in my observation, I think president is coming to East.
Mind you; I hit my target. Helinus will attest to it.
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by EastisBae: 9:35am On Feb 25, 2022
It's obvious they want to zone the presidency to the SE or SS but are waiting to see who will be the most malleable and easily manipulated.

But trust the propagandists from the other side, they're already twisting the story.
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Nvestor02: 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2022
franchasng:
Rotimi Amaechi has nothing to do with Yoruba.

[s]His father named him Rotimi after a Yoruba Doctor or so that happened to be their neighbor. Google it and read more.
[/s]

Y'all started with your propaganda.... Rotimi is his first name... Which stand as the Family name.

Her younger brother name also start With Rotimi... I wonder why people lying like this.
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Polchiz(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2022
Nvestor02:
[/s]

Y'all started with your propaganda.... Rotimi is his first name... Which stand as the Family name.

Her younger brother name also start With Rotimi... I wonder why people lying like this.
Sorry Rotimi is not his surname. Rotimi is not even part of his name. It was adopted.

However, he is not Igbo but Ikwerre.
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by DEROX: 1:05am On Feb 26, 2022
Smithkafors:
It is SE or nothing!. It must be zoned to the east.
God forbid igbo man to be president
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by obinoral1179(m): 1:20am On Feb 26, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

If the entire permutations/swap of offices is extended to the top elected offices, it might mean Amaechi is out of it. Read that article very carefully
It means presidency NW-SE,
Vice President SW-NE, Senate President NE-SW and speakers SW-NE.... But I don't see this happening exactly same way...
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by BlazinGlory40: 8:02am On Feb 26, 2022
obinoral1179:
It means presidency NW-SE,
Vice President SW-NE, Senate President NE-SW and speakers SW-NE.... But I don't see this happening exactly same way...

Maybe or maybe not. Besides, SW collected two slots of which they should have conceded one to another region. In 2019, there were ranking members in APC from the East yet they insisted they would get the speakership slot despite having VP already
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by gentiles(m): 8:47am On Feb 26, 2022
This is serious. Just look at most of the commenters above, they are APC haters, they have now turned to analyzers for APC, most are even canvassing for Amaechi as President. Is God not Great? grin grin
Re: APC Had Not Zoned It’s Presidential Ticket To South West - El-rufai by Ttalk: 10:07am On Feb 26, 2022
gentiles:
This is serious. Just look at most of the commenters above, they are APC haters, they have now turned to analyzers for APC, most are even canvassing for Amaechi as President. Is God not Great? grin grin

That what bitterness and hatred has turned them into. So confused set of people

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: We’re Not Slaves, We’ll Support Obi — PDP Chieftain / Peter Obi And Datti Ahmed To Be Hosted By CNN / Access Bank Aig-Imoukhuede and Wigwe owe Intercontinental N16.2B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.