Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) (70163 Views)

Ukrainians Prepare For Battle As Russian Military Surrounds Kyiv / Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) / US Election: Police Find Vehicle With Guns As Men Plan To Attack Election Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by ManirBK: 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ukraine says it hands out 18,000 machine guns to Kyiv
volunteers
As Russian forces advance on the Ukrainian capital, the authorities
are calling on the population to do everything they can to resist the
invading troops.

Both the Ministry of Defence and the Interior Ministry are appealing
to Kyiv residents to "inform us of troop movements, to make Molotov
cocktails and neutralise the enemy".

A leaflet with step-by step instructions of how to make petrol bombs
has been posted on the Ministry of the Interior's social media.
Interior Ministry adviser Vadym Denysenko says 18,000 machine guns
"have been handed out in Kyiv to all volunteers, all those who want to
defend our capital with weapons in their arms".

"Ukrainian military equipment is entering Kyiv now to defend it. I am
asking all residents of Kyiv - please do not film it, do not film its
movements. This is necessary to protect our city."

As Russia advances, BBC team finds Ukrainian volunteers
armed on the streets of Kyiv

As we head out on to the streets of Kyiv we find Ukrainian civilians
now bearing arms to protect their country.

Men in trainers and jeans with rifles slung across their backs man
checkpoints, and hidden in the trees on the side of the road are other
young volunteers lying on the ground behind anti-tank weapons.

As we push on further we find professional soldiers braced for a last
stand. They are accompanied by Ukrainian artillery and tanks facing
the Russian position, less than 30km from the heart of the capital.
And we soon find signs of the battle drawing even nearer with a truck
ablaze in the middle of the road.

Around the corner, my colleague Abdujalil Abdurasulov and I find
Olena's family, a group of five.

They’ve got a flat tyre at the worst possible time. They frantically try
to change it as they bundle a baby into the back seat.

“We’re really afraid", Olena's mother tells us, before another loud
bang silences everyone.

As I ask her what she thinks of President Putin’s attack on her
country, an even louder blast pierces the air. She lifts her arms up
and says “you hear that, that was him”.

As we drive on, we spot soldiers lined along wide ridges crossing the
river Dnipro. Some Ukrainian snipers are lying on their fronts, looking
down their sights. Other colleagues behind them have adopted a
similar defensive stance.

We see the faces of young men understandably anxious. There is an
undoubted fear it could be just a matter of hours before the Russians
confront them face to face and try to seize their capital.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60517447

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by ManirBK: 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ukraine should call for cease fire . At this moment NATO nor Europe will come to their defence. they have betrayed them
so it's better they walk in with talks.

208 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
Listen and listen good..no matter how Russia try they will never achieve their motive in Ukraine..we are ready to go any length to resist them..

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by DoggoneDogg: 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
[s]
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Listen and listen good..no matter how Russia try they will never achieve their motive in Ukraine..we are ready to go any length to resist them..

[/s]

Ukraine will fall by Sunday.
Rest.

245 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Ukraine will fall by Sunday.
Rest.
Let's place a bet can we pls?

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by Flamees(m): 4:02pm On Feb 25, 2022
Na like this terrorism dey take start

if na naija
Dem go use the gun settle some beef before focusing on the war

437 Likes 28 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by Flamees(m): 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
Imagine giving cultist or serial killers gun

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by omenkaLives(m): 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
Are they gonna use AKs against RPGs, APC mounted GPMGs, tanks, and SAMs?

Really don't envy Ukrainians right now.

419 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by Austineva(m): 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
It's laughable. Na people wer Ukrainian soldiers no fit fight na untrained civilians fit fight them? I sense massive destruction of Ukrainians. It's well

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by PENNYSWAP: 4:04pm On Feb 25, 2022
Deceived by NATO and America

134 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by DoggoneDogg: 4:04pm On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Let's place a bet can we pls?

A bet for??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by Ournolly: 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
This is a bad move imo.
Ukraine president should be making a move for peace not arming untrained civilians to face tanks with assault riffles.

Let's preserve life by any means necessary.

108 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by AchalugoNwa(f): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
omenkaLives:
Are they gonna use AKs against RPGs, APC mounted GPMGs, tanks, and SAMs?

Really don't envy Ukrainians right now.
sweets I pray for Ukraine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

A bet for??

That Ukraine won't fall by Sunday...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by DoggoneDogg: 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
[s]
FERNANDEZISBACK:

That Ukraine won't fall by Sunday as you said...
[/s]

Pray that they don't fall tonight once Kiev is taken

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

That's if they won't fall tonight once Kiev is taken
You are really confident ain't you? smiley

1 Like

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by DoggoneDogg: 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You are really confident ain't you? smiley

Tonight is still by Sunday, no?
Please educate me, I didn't finish school.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by helinues: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2022
O set go

Zylensky is truly a clown.. Why are they still fighting when they can't suppress Russia. USA or NATO countries are not coming to rescue which is the advantage Putin is using

Ukraine is more like gone as Putin is determined to take over it and install his puppet as the new president

415 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Tonight is still by Sunday, no?
Please educate me, I didn't finish school.
Don't worry..we shall see..
You will be disappointed..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by heniford2: 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

inside Naija we are Ready u never cross board oh,fear naija hypers oh grin

20 Likes

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2022
heniford2:
inside Naija we are Ready u never cross board oh,fear naija hypers oh grin
Yve been quoting me all day long..are you that petty huh.. cheesy
Boy get a grip of yourself..your tears won't retract my statement..get that into your head and know peace.. wink

2 Likes

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by heniford2: 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Yve been quoting me all day long..are you that petty huh.. cheesy
Boy get a grip of yourself..your tears won't retract my statement..get that into your head and know peace.. wink

cheesy grin your vexed i can see that buh your statement an't adding up or making sense which one is We will defend like your in Ukraine grin na the new package, and i choose to mention you today missed ur semi creative nagging comment grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by Johnnyessence(m): 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ukraine attack will be the end of emperor Putin power.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2022
heniford2:
cheesy grin your vexed i can see that buh your statement an't adding up or making sense which one is [b] We will defend like your in Ukraine grin [/b]na the new package
I repeat get a grip of yourself little boy..
wink
Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by Samuelnze(m): 4:34pm On Feb 25, 2022
I wish i could swap places with any coward in ukarine. this war is getting tough, i won burst some russian heads

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by Samuelnze(m): 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
I wish i could swap places with any coward in ukarine. this war is getting tough, i won burst some russian heads
Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by heniford2: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I repeat get a grip of yourself little boy..
wink
what if i refuse undecided

3 Likes

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by Samuelnze(m): 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2022

3 Likes

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by dasparrow: 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ukraine is wasting its time. Must Ukraine join NATO? Mad people everywhere.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2022
grin One thing about war , it's start on the field and ends on the Table cool cool shocked

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Trump And Clinton's Supporters Fight Outside White House Over Election Results / Hillary Clinton Attends Wedding Wearing Agbada (LOOK) / Royal Family Releases Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II After Final Farewell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.