Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,447 members, 7,861,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:06 AM

War In Ukraine, My Adopted Country - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / War In Ukraine, My Adopted Country (115 Views)

3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Photos Of Captured Russian Soldiers In Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

War In Ukraine, My Adopted Country by Canadianelenu: 12:24pm On Feb 26, 2022
I was in Ukraine for a substantial part of my life. I obtained a masters degree in Pharmacy at Lviv State Medical University ( Danylo Halistsky ) before relocating to Canada where I currently live and practice. Ukraine is a beautiful country with good culture, very beautiful ladies and strong tradition. My set was the 2nd set of Nigerian students to ever study in Ukraine and the first set to receive visas from their embassy when it was first created in Abuja, Nigeria. I was also present during the Orange Revolution and feel qualified to provide an informed opinion on the ongoing crisis. For a lot of commenters who simply do not understand the politics of the situation, Ukraine became a sovereign country after breaking from the USSR (Soviet Union) and therefore entitled to sovereignty brought about by a democratically elected government. Putin on the other hand is an authoritarian and dictator who does not believe in the rule of law but will rather impose his wishes on the people. This is what Trump secretly desired to do in the US which explains why he is widely considered Putin’s errand boy. Putin meddled in the US election and Moscow’s interference brought Trump into power. Trump in all likelihood divulged a lot of state secrets to Putin although it may be inadvertently given that Putin is very cunning whereas Trump is a loud piece of nothing. The revolt of the Ukrainian people during the Orange Revolution was because the citizens wanted a pro western president- Yuchencho-who will form better alliance with the European Union and help develop the country to Western Europe standards. Putin, who has imposed himself as an everlasting president was against this and tried to impose a pro- Russian president- Yanukovich- which gave birth to the revolution. Putin is scared of anything that conforms with integrity, rule of law and respect for the will of the people and contrary to many ignorant beliefs, is not advancing Russia’s security interest in the invasion of Ukraine but simply to exploit the smaller country in a show of power to NATO countries. When I was living in Ukraine, we had a class of people who hated foreigners- known as bandite- these criminals are pro Russian skinheads who love attacking and maiming foreign students. Their ideology stems from admiration for Putin and his negative doctrine that denounces western policies. The real Ukrainians always join us foreigners to fight these pro Russian banditee. I recalled being attacked on a number of occasions and having Ukrainians come to my rescue. One of my good friends- a Nigerian student -who eventually married a Ukrainian lady was killed by these pro Russian banditee in the streets of Lviv living behind a son. Ukraine has the fundamental right to resist and fight the invasion of Russia- which is not even supported by the Russian people and only commenced at the selfish interest of dictator Vladimir Putin who has continued to jail dissidents that he cannot use nerve agents to kill in foreign lands- fight for their independence even in the face of death because history will never forget. I love love Ukraine …..enjoyed my time there and the country gave me the opportunity and stepping stone to becoming a Canadian citizen today. However, if I was still living in Ukraine and have become nationalized , I have no doubt that I will be fighting alongside the brave Ukrainians.
Re: War In Ukraine, My Adopted Country by cactus1549: 12:32pm On Feb 26, 2022
Canadianelenu:
I was in Ukraine for a substantial part of my life. I obtained a masters degree in Pharmacy at Lviv State Medical University ( Danylo Halistsky ) before relocating to Canada where I currently live and practice. Ukraine is a beautiful country with good culture, very beautiful ladies and strong tradition. My set was the 2nd set of Nigerian students to ever study in Ukraine and the first set to receive visas from their embassy when it was first created in Abuja, Nigeria. I was also present during the Orange Revolution and feel qualified to provide an informed opinion on the ongoing crisis. For a lot of commenters who simply do not understand the politics of the situation, Ukraine became a sovereign country after breaking from the USSR (Soviet Union) and therefore entitled to sovereignty brought about by a democratically elected government. Putin on the other hand is an authoritarian and dictator who does not believe in the rule of law but will rather impose his wishes on the people. This is what Trump secretly desired to do in the US which explains why he is widely considered Putin’s errand boy. Putin meddled in the US election and Moscow’s interference brought Trump into power. Trump in all likelihood divulged a lot of state secrets to Putin although it may be inadvertently given that Putin is very cunning whereas Trump is a loud piece of nothing. The revolt of the Ukrainian people during the Orange Revolution was because the citizens wanted a pro western president- Yuchencho-who will form better alliance with the European Union and help develop the country to Western Europe standards. Putin, who has imposed himself as an everlasting president was against this and tried to impose a pro- Russian president- Yanukovich- which gave birth to the revolution. Putin is scared of anything that conforms with integrity, rule of law and respect for the will of the people and contrary to many ignorant beliefs, is not advancing Russia’s security interest in the invasion of Ukraine but simply to exploit the smaller country in a show of power to NATO countries. When I was living in Ukraine, we had a class of people who hated foreigners- known as bandite- these criminals are pro Russian skinheads who love attacking and maiming foreign students. Their ideology stems from admiration for Putin and his negative doctrine that denounces western policies. The real Ukrainians always join us foreigners to fight these pro Russian banditee. I recalled being attacked on a number of occasions and having Ukrainians come to my rescue. One of my good friends- a Nigerian student -who eventually married a Ukrainian lady was killed by these pro Russian banditee in the streets of Lviv living behind a son. Ukraine has the fundamental right to resist and fight the invasion of Russia- which is not even supported by the Russian people and only commenced at the selfish interest of dictator Vladimir Putin who has continued to jail dissidents that he cannot use nerve agents to kill in foreign lands- fight for their independence even in the face of death because history will never forget. I love love Ukraine …..enjoyed my time there and the country gave me the opportunity and stepping stone to becoming a Canadian citizen today. However, if I was still living in Ukraine and have become nationalized , I have no doubt that I will be fighting alongside the brave Ukrainians.

Stop watching CNN, You no go hear

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

More Than 4,300 Detained At Anti-war Protests In Russia / Chelsea Latest - Abramovich Sanctioned / Anybody Who Thinks We Do Not Have An Oligarchy Right Here In America Is Sorely M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.