Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws (56044 Views)

Ukraine: Ihor Kotvitskyi's Wife Caught Fleeing With $28m, €1.3m In Briefcases / Lives In A Suitcase: The Refugees Fleeing The Russia-Ukraine War (Pictures) / Maga: White Man Reacts After Knowing The Meaning Of The Word "MAGA" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by FlowerTeen(m): 8:58am On Feb 27, 2022
Ladycewhy:
Are you still in Nigeria? Because it seems your fate was telling you that Nigeria is not your home. Trust me it will take alot of reconfiguring and shedding to put the mentality of Nigerians to align with that of modern times.

Those people asking if this your father's property will the the first to oooooo,ahhhhhh when they see pictures of other developed countries.
Yes, still very much around here. Trying my best in my little corner at least to instill discipline and nationalist mentality on our youth.
Yes you're right, most of them just want what is made and not in the making.
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Ladycewhy(f): 9:02am On Feb 27, 2022
FlowerTeen:

Yes, still very much around here. Trying my best in my little corner at least to instill discipline and nationalist mentality on our youth.
Yes you're right, most of them just want what is made and not in the making.
Eyah,I know it must be furstrating sometimes for you.

I used to put satchet water in my bag until I got to a bin,but then I said fvck it,I can't come and kill myself when I get abroad I will shed it grin cheesy.

Our own dey our body for this country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by onuman: 9:06am On Feb 27, 2022
Kazeem47:
Nice one.If na some countries as confusion don dey,you go see different kind of people. Some wan drive pass person wey dey front of dem,some go run leave their cars for road,the ones wey go follow one-way and some people go use am as opportunity to loot.Ordinary EndSars don cause problems for Lagos and other states.

See how the other lane remained empty.
In Nigeria, some drivers will move to the empty lane to escape quicker than others.
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by adontcare(f): 9:07am On Feb 27, 2022
Emyogalanya:
Hmmm down here we'll defy the laws of nature to escape. Wetin be traffic laws.
You will find people walking on water to pass bridges.
You'll see Bening people flying to beat that traffic.
You'll set off with an 8 months pregnant lady from Lagos and in 6 hours she is calling you lazy Nigerian youth on enquiry she will tell she arrived Onitsha since 3 hours ago.
And yes, for our house-of-rape members you won't even know their decking can serve as tarmac and airport until you hear that they have arrived safely in Germany.
What I know is that the confusion will even force Russians to ask are you sure it's Nigeria we are in? Somewhere in Africa, there was coup and while the president was running away he looted the country
lol
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by nengibo: 9:08am On Feb 27, 2022
Na stupidity be this the other lane is not in use, especially in a war situation
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Kazeem47(m): 9:12am On Feb 27, 2022
onuman:

See how the other lane remained empty.
In Nigeria, some drivers will move to the empty lane to escape quicker than others.
Am telling you.
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by techWriter3: 9:13am On Feb 27, 2022
organise civilization seems to implement rigor in the fingerprint of it's folks
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by GUNITGuy: 9:26am On Feb 27, 2022
rickpat:
organised society tends to implant discipline in the DNA of it's people
Even their Dictators are well organized and composed except that previous American president

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Wantedmiller: 9:31am On Feb 27, 2022
ChiefSosa:
Can never happen in Nigeria, especially in Lagos. The politicians and other big men would have used the soldiers in their convoy to escape the traffic jam, by blowing siren and oppressing civilians. Some will even order helicopters to come pick them up.

The civilians too what will you say about them?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by bewla(m): 9:31am On Feb 27, 2022
Kazeem47:
Nice one.If na some countries as confusion don dey,you go see different kind of people. Some wan drive pass person wey dey front of dem,some go run leave their cars for road,the ones wey go follow one-way and some people go use am as opportunity to loot.Ordinary EndSars don cause problems for Lagos and other states.
wish I can fight by them side

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Bigchristo: 9:33am On Feb 27, 2022
SecretAgent7706:

https://mobile.twitter.com/itsaoa_/status/1496763142382268416
Seeing this make me think We Nigerians have serious problems with our mentality of doing things, on a normal day in Nigeria even with traffic wardens standing to control the traffic some of our brothers will still want to beat traffics not to talk of when there’s serious crisis nobody will be able to keep their cool, 80% of people driving cars in Nigeria need serious psychiatric evaluation most especially bus and bike men
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by desiredhome: 9:36am On Feb 27, 2022
Ever8090:
A sane society will always maintain it sanity...

Opposite of sane is insane......

The people that do the opposite are insane people....
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 27, 2022
They still observe the traffic laws because it's beneficial to them. They discriminate against blacks in Ukraine not because they're overwhelmed, it's because hatred for anyone with black skin is innate in them and even as they are running for their lives, they still wish you are dead or a slave in their plantation. I live in Europe and talking from the point of knowledge
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by frowland(m): 9:38am On Feb 27, 2022
rickpat:
organised society tends to implant discipline in the DNA of it's people

Actually it is the other way round. Disciplined people - organized society. Everyone is guilty one way or another.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by derecho(m): 9:38am On Feb 27, 2022
NLanders are quick to comment.Though, very commendable this won't happen if they don't have confidence in the administrators or if they sense serious threat.
Ever seen a lady holding her breasts from dangling carelessly when she is running from danger?
Humans are the same everywhere and these Ukrainians would do worse than Nigerians if they face half the wahala Nigerians face.
I said worse because most Nigerians have adapted to this rugged way of life unlike them.
Let's stop rating people based on race.

Imagine what would happen, if there are just 20 people to pass through the border and it's survival of the fittest? You'll understand that they are not different from Nigerians.
Go to Akure or other cities in Nigeria then you'll see that they don't rush buses like lagosians.Same Nigerians but different environments/conditioning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 27, 2022
ChiefSosa:
Can never happen in Nigeria, especially in Lagos. The politicians and other big men would have used the soldiers in their convoy to escape the traffic jam, by blowing siren and oppressing civilians. Some will even order helicopters to come pick them up.
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by desiredhome: 9:39am On Feb 27, 2022
Bigchristo:
Seeing this make me think We Nigerians have serious problems with our mentality of doing things, on a normal day in Nigeria even with traffic wardens standing to control the traffic some of our brothers will still want to beat traffics not to talk of when there’s serious crisis nobody will be able to keep their cool, 80% of people driving cars in Nigeria need serious psychiatric evaluation most especially bus and bike men

It has to do with the mindset...... Nigerians think they are smart but impatient is destructive......
Patience is a virtue......

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:47am On Feb 27, 2022
ChiefSosa:
It can never ever happen in Nigeria, everywhere for done scatter since.
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Olatara(f): 9:55am On Feb 27, 2022
derecho:
NLanders are quick to comment.Though, very commendable this won't happen if they don't have confidence in the administrators or if they sense serious threat.
Ever seen a lady holding her breasts from dangling carelessly when she is running from danger?
Humans are the same everywhere and these Ukrainians would do worse than Nigerians if they face half the wahala Nigerians face.
I said worse because most Nigerians have adapted to this rugged way of life unlike them.
Let's stop rating people based on race.

Imagine what would happen, if there are just 20 people to pass through the border and it's survival of the fittest? You'll understand that they are not different from Nigerians.
Go to Akure or other cities in Nigeria then you'll see that they don't rush bushes like lagosians.Same Nigerians but different environments/conditioning.
You are right. Firsthand experience when I went to visit my uncle in Nasarawa.

My northern friend said, he wants to work is transfer back to Abuja, because Lagos can drive one crazy.
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Starz825(m): 10:11am On Feb 27, 2022
adecz:
undecided

Oyibo and black man are
created different..

⏩Look at lizard and crocodile,
are they not similar in form, but see
as dem lifestyle different❓

⏩Again, look at eagle and vulture,
they are both blessed with the same
tools, sharp beaks & long, strong
talons ( claws ), big wide wings for
flying high & excellent telescopic
vision.
But their differentmentality makes
one a proud hunter, admired by humans
all over the world, while vultures are
perpetual scavengers who survive on
the leftover of other hardworking animals.

Has any country put a vulture on it
coat of arms❓ But the eagle is everywhere
including on our own coat of arms and
that of the US.

☹️See black countries that have trained
doctors from their universities and have
teaching hospitals everywhere, but
the leaders ( like Buhari) will never risk
his life with black doctors. ❌❌❌❌

Nigeria has refineries, but na oyibo
petrol sweet our leaders pass, stay
we abandon our own refineries..☹️

For say na Nigeria this kain hold up
of cars dey happen, robbers, agbero
and area boys for don dey hammer❗️❗️❗️ grin

Be informed that oyibo & black man
Waka no be the same.
Guy..
This is some sensible comparison man
I love it...
We are wired differently even if we look alike

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by almarthins(m): 10:12am On Feb 27, 2022
SecretAgent7706:

https://mobile.twitter.com/itsaoa_/status/1496763142382268416

Nigeria na country where both the citizens and leaders are adamant law breakers. Unrepentant bribe givers for wrong doing. We like short cut for this part of the world

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by derecho(m): 10:17am On Feb 27, 2022
You can easily tell a Lagosian.Always in a hurry.
I remember an incidence many years ago.I and my fellowship president were returning from housefellowship and we needed to take a cab.Unfortunately, there were no cabs.So my fellowship president who was apparently worried I may not be able to rush because of my cool nature started psyching me up and threatened to leave me if I fail to enter.I just dey laff am for my mind.Me wey grow up for Lagos and you wey live for omuo-ekiti ...for this akure?
He was shocked how I got into the cab.Infact, I had entered long before he could enter.While he was struggling with others, I don enter through the back of the cab dey wait dem.When the car started moving, I could hear him saying "this gentle boy still couldn't enter" . He was shocked when I tapped his shoulder from behind few seconds into the journey
Olatara:
You are right. Firsthand experience when I went to visit my uncle in Nasarawa.

My northern friend said, he wants to work is transfer back to Abuja, because Lagos can drive one crazy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 27, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Nigeria deploys the first artillery division to Ukraine to repel the Russian army. Please let us pray for our troops.

Nigeria will rather go and support Russia. You this enemy of peace.
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Engrpatpeters(m): 10:20am On Feb 27, 2022
For today free betting codes click and enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNCL_ZGMCb8
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by onenaija001(m): 10:24am On Feb 27, 2022
Ojikutumomiage:
The difference between 6 and ½ a dozen may not be clear like the content of 7up but the difference between Africa and Europe is clear like crystal.

Meanwhile

You shout racism during a war?

What nonsense, will you give priorities to foreigners in your own country?

If you do that in Africa, sorry, I mean if you don't regard your own people here, here is not there.

Ukrainians first, white men second, and Blacks should follow.

Africans, we must learn at all cost.

Eat this food: During war and evacuation, Women and children first
Special needy, second

And citizens or countrymen

Lastly, Foreigners in the greener pasture.

I see no foul or need to chant racism if Nigerians ain't allowed to roll into safety before the sons of the soil.
Blame our leaders...

For subjecting Africans to toil in snowy breeze to understand the pages of knowledge.

We Travel far into a supremacist den, just to find morsels for the belly.

For making Africa unattractive to live, except we run into 'greener pastures'

Blame African leaders for this, not this OYINBOS.
If you do that in Africa, sorry, I mean if you don't regard your own people here, here is not there!
Then I think we as Nigerians should commensurate with insecurities with our nation first before any other country.
Are you now trying to tell me that we're wrong for standing with the Ukrainians?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by greatness77: 10:26am On Feb 27, 2022
Kazeem47:
Africans are d most evil and barbaric animals ive ever seen on dis planet, can i tow u back to russia? Was a statment made by an armless ukrainian civilians to a heavily armed russian soldiers of which both laughed and went their ways meanwhile benjamine adekunle boasted of how he shoots at any living and none living things in biafraland

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by InvertedHammer: 10:28am On Feb 27, 2022
Kazeem47:
/
You should have seen the chaos when Fulani herdsmen chased some people to Benin Republic. grin

/
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Adakintroy: 10:32am On Feb 27, 2022
Mumu slave. Still praising master.

.you are at war and running but apparently you orderly.

You at war. I repeat!

Do you know how reversly dumb a society has to be to Engage in war?

War is physical manifestation of disorder. But because it went over your head, You counting cars. Don't worry pray things don't degenerate. You go see real rat race. Orderliness my foot.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Reference(m): 10:36am On Feb 27, 2022
greatness77:
Africans are d most evil and barbaric animals ive ever seen on dis planet, can i tow u back to russia? Was a statment made by an armless ukrainian civilians to a heavily armed russian soldiers of which both laughed and went their ways meanwhile benjamine adekunle boasted of how he shoots at any living and none living things in biafraland

As for the responses above.... overwhelmingly acknowledging we have issues here..... if we say this is a microcosm of society....then why can't we achieve it.
How can we all be so right..... in thought perhaps.... yet do so wrong....
How come we all know what it right and proper, yet cannot seem to deliver a better society.
Are there no bad guys in Ukraine....?
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by Enemyofpeace: 10:43am On Feb 27, 2022
Blablamalala:

Nigeria will rather go and support Russia. You this enemy of peace.
you’ve been noticed. Next hediot please!
Re: Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws by greatness77: 10:45am On Feb 27, 2022
Reference:

As for the responses above.... overwhelmingly acknowledging we have issues here..... if we say this is a microcosm of society....then why can't we achieve it.
How can we all be so right..... in thought perhaps.... yet do so wrong....
How come we all know what it right and proper, yet cannot seem to deliver a better society.
Are there no bad guys in Ukraine....?
In ukraine good ones outnumbered bad ones while in naija bad ones outnumbered d good ones and u know majority carries d vote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘ Hotel Rwanda’ Hero Paul Rusesabagina Freed From Prison / Massive Fire In 4-storey Hostel In Wellington: 6 Dead, 20 Injured / Israel Kills Hassan Kaogi And Wail Issa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.