Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,497 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse (13889 Views)

Maxindhouse,janosky & Other Jehovah's Witnesses, Come In Here: / MaxInDHouse Of Jehovah's Witnesses Has Confessed That Jesus Is God / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by oteneaaron(m): 9:58am On Feb 27, 2022
This thread is an overflow from a earlier thread - - https://www.nairaland.com/6994962/witnesses-jehovah-documentary

I have challenged MaxInDHouse to give me undeniable proof that Jesus is a real figure from history and not a mythical figure.

This is the actual challenge:

I have put it to you that it is a FACT that the life and story of Jesus in the Bible is not unique.

It is a cheap copy of the life and story of similar God-men from cultures thousands of years older than the Bible.

The best you can you do is show me proof from your extensive research that shows that -

1. Jesus really existed and is not a Mythical Figure,

2. Jesus really existed based on archeological findings, and

3. The life and teachings of Jesus is original and not copied from HORUS of ancient Egypt and many other Christ figures like Dionysus, Bacchus, Mythiras but to mention a few.

I guess we can start from there.

Show me your well researched proof, and I will show you mine.

Can we do that instead of going back and forth with the name calling?

MaxInDHouse the ball is in your court.

Shall we begin?
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:23am On Feb 27, 2022
oteneaaron:
This thread is an overflow from a earlier thread - - https://www.nairaland.com/6994962/witnesses-jehovah-documentary

I have challenged MaxInDHouse to give me undeniable proof that Jesus is a real figure from history and not a mythical figure.

This is the actual challenge:

MaxInDHouse the ball is in your court.

Shall we begin?

Did Jesus really exist or he's just a mythical figure?

Before we can answer this question we must consider how we can establish the historicity of any human in stories we've been hearing and reading in different books!

His name!
Jesus' name is translated from a Hebrew word "YEHOSHUA" which means "YAHWEH is salvation" so Jesus came from a nation known globally as Jews, it's easy to walk up to any jew and confirm that this name is from their place.
His birth place!
Jesus was born in a village in first century Judea called "Bethlehem Ephrata" and all the places surrounding this village are known till today.
His life!
Jesus grew up under the care of a carpenter (Joseph) who taught him carpentry so Jesus had a handiwork (craft) that he leant and mastered.
His friends!
Jesus made lots of friends whose names were mentioned in his story, this friends so much loved him that they were willing to die for the history of Jesus. They took his teachings to all the cities, towns, villages and far away counties back then so that there's nowhere around the Mediterranean sea that people in the first century don't know about the Jew called Jesus of Nazareth.
His teachings!
Throughout the history of mankind there has never been any human be it king or emperor whose command has lasted in the hearts and minds of people living thousands of years after his death.
His modern day followers!
People like Alexander the great, Emperor Nero, King Napoleon, King James and many others have lived and reined as Kings on this planet but today they're only remembered in history books. What about Jesus of Nazareth?
His subjects are throughout the earth today preaching zealously and industriously teaching people in their neighbourhood what Jesus commanded them. Nobody is still obeying all those kings mentioned above!

So if anyone wants to dispute the historicity of this man from Nazareth what is there to prove that any other person has lived on this planet? smiley

5 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:34am On Feb 27, 2022
Please go to YouTube and type "archeology on Jesus"
You'll find much arguments there on what archeologists have discovered so far about this man from Nazareth! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by oteneaaron(m): 10:44am On Feb 27, 2022
Wait a minute.

Is that all @MaxinDhouse??

Is this the UNDENIABLE PROOF I asked for?

Is this the result from your extensive research?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:45am On Feb 27, 2022
People often mix, add and subtract from what they heard regarding stories of legends so whenever they find any story of someone who is feared by many they try to correlate their own story with the story that's heard both near and far!
Moreover the Bible revealed that there is one evil genius who challenged God in the beginning, this spirit heard God talked about how he will be exterminated and since he's in control all the religions practiced before God established Israel Satan has spread things that may result in the coming of a perfect man who will finally destroy him. Satan don't know how his killer will come to existence but he's damn sure that it can't be any of Adam's descendants because none of them could be smart enough to beat his intelligence.
That's why myths were found in different cultures about a son of God that will come and do certain things. Satan knew very well that the one coming to destroy him must be one who is as perfect as Adam and Eve in order to conquer him! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by AntiMohammad(m): 10:46am On Feb 27, 2022
This challenge is for all christians
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:47am On Feb 27, 2022
oteneaaron:

Wait a minute.
Is that all @MaxinDhouse??
Is this the UNDENIABLE PROOF I asked for?
Is this the result from your extensive research?

Please refute what i typed with whatever research you've made. It's not about lengthy epistles but simple and undeniable FACTS! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:48am On Feb 27, 2022
AntiMohammad:
This challenge is for all christians

NO Sir!
It's between just two persons:
Oteneaaron (atheist/agnostic) and MaxInDHouse (a Christian)
Thanks Sir! smiley

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by oteneaaron(m): 10:50am On Feb 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please refute what i typed with whatever research you've made. It's not about lengthy epistles but simple and undeniable FACTS! smiley

Let me know when you're done.
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by AntiMohammad(m): 10:59am On Feb 27, 2022
Jesus is real!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by AntiMohammad(m): 11:02am On Feb 27, 2022
No one can prove that Jesus is myth smiley

MaxInDHouse:

NO Sir!
It's between just two persons:
Oteneaaron (atheist/agnostic) and MaxInDHouse (a Christian)
Thanks Sir! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:10am On Feb 27, 2022
oteneaaron:

Let me know when you're done.

I'm done!
So bring anything you can find anywhere to dispute the historicity of Jesus of Nazareth but don't forget the points i listed above because there's no historical figure that has one percent of credence like the greatest man who ever lived on this planet: Jesus of Nazareth! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:21am On Feb 27, 2022
AntiMohammad:
No one can prove that Jesus is myth smiley
They only read and listen to people whose IQ is low when talking about how to dispute the historicity of any person.
I am ready! Let them come in their thousands to prove that Jesus never existed then prove that others like
Alexander, King Henry, King James, Napoleon Bonaparte and others truly excited using the same criteria.
Evidence that Wright Brothers once lived?
Aeroplane!
Evidence that Benjamin Franklin once lived?
Electricity!
Evidence Karl Benz once lived?
Automobile!
Evidence that Jesus once lived?
Christians!

Let them come and disprove the historicity of the greatest man who ever walked this planet! smiley

7 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:25am On Feb 27, 2022
Where is oteneaaron?
I thought you've prepared for what to say to disprove the historicity of Jesus Christ!
Please i give you all the time in the world to go and make all your research but don't forget that your own ancestors never existed if they can't meet up with the credentials i presented regarding the historicity of Jesus Christ of Nazareth! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by oteneaaron(m): 11:26am On Feb 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I'm done!
So bring anything you can find anywhere to dispute the historicity of Jesus of Nazareth but don't forget the points i listed above because there's no historical figure that has one percent of credence like the greatest man who ever lived on this planet: Jesus of Nazareth! smiley

Good to know.

But you didn't say anything about archeological proof to show that Jesus truly existed.

You simply asked me to search it on YouTube.

SHOW ME.
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by oteneaaron(m): 11:27am On Feb 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Where is oteneaaron?
U thought you've prepared for what to say to disprove the historicity of Jesus Christ!
Please i give you all the time in the world to go and make all your research but don't forget that your own ancestors never existed if they can't meet up with the credentials i presented regarding the historicity of Jesus Christ of Nazareth! smiley

Calm down.

Good things take time.
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:29am On Feb 27, 2022
oteneaaron:

Good to know.
But you didn't say anything about archeological proof to show that Jesus truly existed.
You simply asked me to search it on YouTube.
SHOW ME.

Just as you often say "i don't need to spoon-feed you Sir"
Google and YouTube are your friends. Go and find out from archeologists not just listening to some good for nothing idiots spewing gibberish about what is boldly written in the history of mankind: Jesus of Nazareth! wink

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by oteneaaron(m): 11:31am On Feb 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Just as you often say "i don't need to spoon-feed you Sir"
Google and YouTube are your friends. Go and find out from archeologists not just listening to some good for nothing idiots spewing gibberish about what is boldly written in the history of mankind: Jesus of Nazareth! wink

Hahahahaha

But this is a challenge isn't it?

When I begin laying down my points, I will add proof to show you.

It was one of the requirements of the challenge.

Show me archeological proof.
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:32am On Feb 27, 2022
oteneaaron:

Calm down.
Good things take time.

I'm ever relaxed on this matter because i know that there's no evidence whatsoever that any human ever lived on this planet in ancient times if you want to argue the historicity of the man whose name, birth place, occupation, friends, teachings and modern day adherents is known globally! cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by oteneaaron(m): 11:34am On Feb 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I'm ever relaxed on this matter because i know that there's no evidence whatsoever that any human ever lived on this planet in ancient times if you want to argue the historicity of the man whose name, birth place, occupation, friends, teachings and modern day adherents is known globally! cheesy

No problem.

Thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, I am still waiting for your archeological proof of Jesus's existence.
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:35am On Feb 27, 2022
oteneaaron:

Hahahahaha
But this is a challenge isn't it?
When I begin laying down my points, I will add proof to show you.
It was one of the requirements of the challenge.
Show me archeological proof.

My friend, archeologists are doing their own job so it's you who needs it that should go and bring whatever you think is useful here.
Please i don't want all these hide and seek, present your argument that Jesus never existed! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:39am On Feb 27, 2022
oteneaaron:

No problem.
Thank you for your patience.
In the meantime, I am still waiting for your archeological proof of Jesus's existence.

It's like you don't get it shey?
OK type "archeology on Jesus"
Either on Google Chrome, Phoenix Browser, YouTube or any other browser of your choice.
Don't just wait for others to feed you.
Go now use all these tools available on the internet to find out if Jesus is real or a myth.

As for historicity forget it, there's no evidence anyone ever walked this planet in ancient times if you say Jesus never existed! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by oteneaaron(m): 11:49am On Feb 27, 2022
Before I continue, just for the benefit of doubt @MaxinDhouse

Are the points you laid up above undeniable proof that -

1. Jesus really existed and is not a mythical figure,

2. Jesus really existed and there is archeological proof to show , and

3. The life and teachings of Jesus are original and not a copy of the life and teachings of HORUS from ancient Egypt and other similar Christ figures from antiquity?

I just want to be absolutely sure that the points you gave above are your UNDENIABLE PROOF.

Kindly revert before I continue.
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
oteneaaron:
Before I continue, just for the benefit of doubt @MaxinDhouse
Are the points you laid up above undeniable proof that -
1. Jesus really existed and is not a mythical figure,
2. Jesus really existed and there is archeological proof to show , and
3. The life and teachings of Jesus are original and not a copy of the life and teachings of HORUS from ancient Egypt and other similar Christ figures from antiquity?
I just want to be absolutely sure that the points you gave above are your UNDENIABLE PROOF.
Kindly revert before I continue.

Get to work!
I have presented my points it's your turn to prove me wrong.
Historicity!
No one ever walked this planet has one percent of credence of Jesus' historicity.
Archeologists have done their own job so you only need to check it out. Jesus' teachings is upheld by Jehovah's Witnesses globally and everything he said is happening to them just as it's written in the Bible! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by oteneaaron(m): 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Get to work!
I have presented my points it's your turn to prove me wrong.
Historicity!
No one ever walked this planet has one percent of credence of Jesus' historicity.
Archeologists have done their own job so you only need to check it out. Jesus' teachings is upheld by Jehovah's Witnesses globally and everything he said is happening to them just as it's written in the Bible! smiley

That is all I wanted.
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by Crysallis(m): 12:18pm On Feb 27, 2022
@oteneaaron
Why stalling?

The member you challenged has laid out his points. It really does not matter whether he wrote the archeological proof or not.

It is your turn to disprove what he wrote. Cheers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by oteneaaron(m): 12:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
Before I begin, we need to get some terminologies defined and understood in the right context.

MYTH - A traditional story which embodies a belief regarding some fact or phenomenon of experience, and in which often the forces of nature and of the soul are personified; a sacred narrative regarding a god, a hero, the origin of the world or of a people, etc.

ALLEOGORY - A symbolic representation which can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, usually a moral or political one.

The crux of my argument is this -

1. Before the Bible was ever written, there have been many God-men from antiquity with life and stories that are an uncanny copy of the Jesus of the Bible.

2. The life and story of Jesus should not be taken literal history but as a MYTH and ALLEOGORY that dramatises the eventual ascent of man into what the ancient mystery schools called the "Christ Consciousness"

With this out the way, let us begin...
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:47pm On Feb 27, 2022
oteneaaron:
Before I begin, we need to get some terminologies defined and understood in the right context.

MYTH - A traditional story which embodies a belief regarding some fact or phenomenon of experience, and in which often the forces of nature and of the soul are personified; a sacred narrative regarding a god, a hero, the origin of the world or of a people, etc.

ALLEOGORY - A symbolic representation which can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, usually a moral or political one.

The crux of my argument is this -

1. Before the Bible was ever written, there have been many God-men from antiquity with life and stories that are an uncanny copy of the Jesus of the Bible.

2. The life and story of Jesus should not be taken literal history but as a MYTH and ALLEOGORY that dramatises the eventual ascent of man into what the ancient mystery schools called the "Christ Consciousness"

With this out the way, let us begin...

HISTORY totally differs from what you just said.
If i may ask you:
Do you think everyone see Jesus as a God or that's just the opinion of some credulous religionists?
Because to Jehovah's Witnesses Jesus is a man who lived and taught his friends many things.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by AntiMohammad(m): 1:32pm On Feb 27, 2022
Oteneaaron can you prove that those God men from antiquity existed?
Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by oteneaaron(m): 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2022
Crysallis:
@oteneaaron
Why stalling?

The member you challenged has laid out his points. It really does not matter whether he wrote the archeological proof or not.

It is your turn to disprove what he wrote. Cheers

Thank you for your candid observation.

I am putting my points in order and will be updating the thread as I go.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
Because Jesus performed miracles shouldn't erase the fact that he lived just like every other man. He was flesh and blood! 2John 1:7
So let nobody compare Jesus to any mythical figure that's not related to any known race, father or mother, birth place, friends and modern day adherents!

Stupidity is like you conclude on whatever you heard without considering the MOTIVES in the minds of the teller! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse by cornelboy(f): 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
He's still gathering his evidences.

MaxInDHouse:
Because Jesus performed miracles shouldn't erase the fact that he lived just like every other man. He was flesh and blood! 2John 1:7
So let nobody compare Jesus to any mythical figure that's not related to any known race, father or mother, birth place, friends and modern day adherents!

Stupidity is like you conclude on whatever you heard without considering the MOTIVES in the minds of the teller! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Flood Victims Rescued By Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Return Home (Video) / Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Pastor Oritsejafor Dances Joyously As CAN Honours Him With Thanksgiving Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.